Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Estimate On R5 Core Farm Time To Max R10 Mods (Using Derebecca's Drop %)

SodapopKevin

Just for my own curiosity, I did some math on how much farming (grinding) it would take to max an unranked R10 mod (of every rarity). This is based on DERebecca's post here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/399468-r5-cores-are-still-nerfed-after-hotfix-1514/page-6#entry4420186 saying Solar Rotation A has a 25% R5 x 5 drop chance.

~~~~~~~~~~

Number of R5 cores to max Rank 10 mods:

Common R10: 132 (27 5-core packs required)
Uncommon R10: 264 (53 5-core packs required)
Rare R10: 396 (80 5-core packs required)
Legendary R10: 528 (106 5-core packs required)

5 R5 cores per pack.

Survival at the 10 minute mark has a 43.75% chance (statistically speaking) of always getting one R5 Fusion Core Pack, a 6.25% chance of dropping two (25% of 25%) and a 56.25% chance of dropping none.

So running some numbers, it would take:
Common R10: 54 runs to get 27 packs.
Uncommon R10: 106 runs to get 53 packs.
Rare R10: 160  runs to get 80 packs.
Legendary R10: 212 runs to get 106 packs.

Not taking into account the time spent going up to and hacking the computer to start, or the time after the 10 minute mark for the group to get to extraction, the time required farming would be:

Common R10: 9 hours
Uncommon R10: 17 hours 40 minutes.
Rare R10: 26 hours 40 minutes
Legendary R10: 35 hours 20 minutes

Update: Corrected my 2am math

Edited by SodapopKevin

u have forgotten that u will also get cores and mods dropped from enemies while doing missions. so the actual farming time should be much shorter.

I don't really have exact data on how many enemies are killed over a 10 minute period, estimates of which specific enemies killed (because they all have different % chances of dropping a rare core do to different mods in their drop table) and such. I doubt it would have much of an impact on grind time though,

so the actual farming time should be much shorter.

shorter, yes. much shorter? that depends on how you define that. i'd still say >80% of the Fusion Energy that you're getting is coming from the Fusion Core packs.

however i will admit that you will probably leave each Survival (provided everything in the Mission goes as intended) with perhaps 10 Common 3's(not that likely to be so high) and perhaps 3 or maybe even 4 Uncommon 5's.

which totals up to something like ~4.5 Rare 5's in extra Fusion Energy.

picking up 4 Uncommon 5's makes 2.45 Rare 5's.

picking up 10 Common 3's makes 1.90 Rare 5's.

i rounded it up to 4.5 from 4.35.

the first 5 Minutes of Survival is not very intense (heh, more like boring) usually. the second 5 Minutes is okay. like Defense, only starts to really pick up after ~15 Waves / 15 Minutes.

As it turns out I can't math.

Math is for the Corpus. It's much easier to be like the Grineer, crash your ship into a planet and call it a base!

shorter, yes. much shorter? that depends on how you define that. i'd still say >80% of the Fusion Energy that you're getting is coming from the Fusion Core packs.

however i will admit that you will probably leave each Survival (provided everything in the Mission goes as intended) with perhaps 10 Common 3's(not that likely to be so high) and perhaps 3 or maybe even 4 Uncommon 5's.

which totals up to something like ~4.5 Rare 5's in extra Fusion Energy.

picking up 4 Uncommon 5's makes 2.45 Rare 5's.

picking up 10 Common 3's makes 1.90 Rare 5's.

i rounded it up to 4.5 from 4.35.

the first 5 Minutes of Survival is not very intense (heh, more like boring) usually. the second 5 Minutes is okay. like Defense, only starts to really pick up after ~15 Waves / 15 Minutes.

Well when farming R5s the trick is leaving at 10min, because you don't get them at the 15 and 20 min mark. I think it's closer to 1 or 2 uncommon cores by 10 min, and 4-6 commons. Most of mods I get are useless fodder.

Edited by SodapopKevin

u have forgotten that u will also get cores and mods dropped from enemies while doing missions. so the actual farming time should be much shorter.

much shorter yeah? draco 4 rounds is around 4,4k killed enemies with 1 R5 core, sometimes none.. so show me a 10 min survival where you kill around 4k enemies ;)

I don't really have exact data on how many enemies are killed over a 10 minute period, estimates of which specific enemies killed (because they all have different % chances of dropping a rare core do to different mods in their drop table) and such. I doubt it would have much of an impact on grind time though,

1 rare 5 core is less than 2 uncommon cores / 6 common cores. so if u get 3 common cores or 1 uncommon cores within 1 minutes. your farm rate is more than 50% faster. and dont forget u can use normal mods to fusion too. the more enemies you kill, the more mods/cores you get. base on my experience, common/uncommon cores/mods contribute more than rare cores when i fusion my mods.

Edited by kelgov

1 rare 5 core is less than 2 uncommon cores / 6 common cores. so if u get 3 common cores or 1 uncommon cores within 1 minutes. your farm rate is more than 50% faster. and dont forget u can use normal mods to fusion too. the more enemies you kill, the more mods/cores you get. base on my experience, common/uncommon cores/mods contribute more than rare cores when i fusion my mods.

I don't know about you, but I certainly don't get many fusion cores in 10 minutes, rare, uncommon, or even common. Using anything but fusion cores would increase the time you have to grind anyways, as it requires more mods and therefore more credits if you choose to fuse that way.

It should be noted that these threads generally omit the credit aspect of the grind.

Edited by Moasiac

Well as the title says, it's just an estimate on the time it would take to max R10 mods by farming R5 core packs. I don't have sufficient data on common and uncommon fusion core drop rates or the average kill count of a 10 minute survival match. (I would assume a sample size of 25-50 would be needed to get an accurate count) Also I imagine party count (1 to 4) and frames used would also be needed.

I don't know about you, but I certainly don't get many fusion cores in 10 minutes, rare, uncommon, or even common. Using anything but fusion cores would increase the time you have to grind anyways, as it requires more mods and therefore more credits if you choose to fuse that way.

It should be noted that these threads generally omit the credit aspect of the grind.

Calculating credits would be easy, just take the credit rewards per mission (I suggest void missions, because they give the most credits) and multiply any credit boosters using then divide by the total credits needed. You often don't see people describing credits in these kinds of things because with all the other kinds of grinding they do in this game credit costs are rarely an issue.

Edited by SodapopKevin

i agree that what everyone get varies greatly. i have maxed primed mods: continuity, flow, 2 point blank and reach recently. yes, i farmed rare 5 from t4 missions and i used anything from rare 5 cores to normal mods. i cant say the exact number but my feeling is the effects of rare 5 cores vs (mods+uncommon+common cores) are comparable.

Survival at the 10 minute mark has a 50% chance (statistically speaking) of always getting one R5 Fusion Core Pack, a 6.25% chance of dropping two (25% of 25%) and a 50% chance of dropping none. So this means 6.25% of the missions will offset 50% of the drop none missions, so 56.25% of the missions will drop a fusion core back. (Correct me if I'm wrong though, I haven't taken statistics in years.)

Yeah that's wrong, chance for no pack is 0.75*0.75 = 56.25%, which means 43.75% of all missions drop at least one. Why do it so complicated though? There's really no reason to assume 10 minute runs, all you're doing is basicall just farming A-rewards, which net 0.25*5/5 = well, 0.25 cores per minute. So to get your 528 for that legendary mod you would need 2112 or 35h 12min or 1 day 11h 12 min (pure farming time). So actually a bit more than you though.

OP, I'm sorry your math is wrong.

1. There are two rotation A, and one rotation B. So to maximize the odd, 15 minutes need to be played instead of 10.

2. According to Rebecca, rotation A has 25% and rotation B has 50%. Therefore the mathmatical expectation of fusion core drop is

5 * 0.25 + 5 * 0.25 + 5 * 0.5 = 5

Meaning statistically you can expect to get 5 fusion cores per 15 minute play.

3. The updated table is

Common R10: 27 runs, 6.75 hours
Uncommon R10: 53 packs, 13.25 hours.
Rare R10: 80 packs, 20 hour.
Legendary R10: 106 packs, 26.5 hours.

OP, I'm sorry your math is wrong.

1. There are two rotation A, and one rotation B. So to maximize the odd, 15 minutes need to be played instead of 10.

2. According to Rebecca, rotation A has 25% and rotation B has 50%. Therefore the mathmatical expectation of fusion core drop is

5 * 0.25 + 5 * 0.25 + 5 * 0.5 = 5

Meaning statistically you can expect to get 5 fusion cores per 15 minute play.

3. The updated table is

Common R10: 27 runs, 6.75 hours

Uncommon R10: 53 packs, 13.25 hours.

Rare R10: 80 packs, 20 hour.

Legendary R10: 106 packs, 26.5 hours.

Learn to read the patchnotes. Rotation B concerns Interception only and not Survival.

Learn to read the patchnotes. Rotation B concerns Interception only and not Survival.

OK. Then survival and interception is the same. The mathmatical expectation is 2.5, or 50% in OP's term, not 56.25%. Of course, you can consider the extra 6.25% as some kind of surplus, for instance drop from enemy, or extra time for hacking.

Edited by CrendKing

Edit: looks like i got ninja'd. Disregard if you want.

Survival at the 10 minute mark has a 50% chance (statistically speaking) of always getting one R5 Fusion Core Pack, a 6.25% chance of dropping two (25% of 25%) and a 50% chance of dropping none. So this means 6.25% of the missions will offset 50% of the drop none missions, so 56.25% of the missions will drop a fusion core back. (Correct me if I'm wrong though, I haven't taken statistics in years.)

That doesn't look quite right to me, as your numbers don't add up to 100%. You're correct that the chances of getting 2x R5C in 10 minutes is 6.25% (.25 ^ 2 = .0625). However, the chances of getting none is 56.25% (.75 ^ 2 = .5625), and the chances of getting one is 37.5%  (2x .25 * .75 = .375).

These numbers don't really matter, though, because they only tell you what you can expect to see in one 10 minute run. What matters is this: with a 25% drop chance, you'll get one pack of R5C after 20 minutes on average, or one R5C every four minutes. So just multiply the required R5C with that:

Common R10: 528min = 8h 48min
Uncommon R10: 1056min = 17h 36min
Rare R10: 1584min = 26h 24min
Legendary R10: 2112min = 35h 12min

Edited by Kontrollo

Edit: looks like i got ninja'd. Disregard if you want.

That doesn't look quite right to me, as your numbers don't add up to 100%. You're correct that the chances of getting 2x R5C in 10 minutes is 6.25% (.25 ^ 2 = .0625). However, the chances of getting none is 56.25% (.75 ^ 2 = .5625), and the chances of getting one is 37.5%  (2x .25 * .75 = .375).

These numbers don't really matter, though, because they only tell you what you can expect to see in one 10 minute run. What matters is this: with a 25% drop chance, you'll get one pack of R5C after 20 minutes on average, or one R5C every four minutes. So just multiply the required R5C with that:

Common R10: 528min = 8h 48min

Uncommon R10: 1056min = 17h 36min

Rare R10: 1584min = 26h 24min

Legendary R10: 2112min = 35h 12min

I rechecked my math and the time I got was:

with a 43.75% chance success rate of getting at least one pack per mission, adding in the 6.25% chance that you'll get 2.

I rechecked my math and the time I got was:

with a 43.75% chance success rate of getting at least one pack per mission, adding in the 6.25% chance that you'll get 2.

icHooOdPlPBMd.gif

Farming was a failure, 5 missions. None of those golden sweets. Expect for this grunt on the 4th that dropped one.