Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Witch Doctor Frame

xattuu

Hey guys and gals, my names xattuu, and this is probably one of my first posts on these fourms, and I am going to give you the basis of an idea i had for my original warframe.  Now some of these ideas may have been already used, but everything I will be writing here will not be based off of something else I saw here, in other words I am not stealing someone else's ideas.  Before I start, a little about me, I have about 500 hours in this game, at mastery rank 10, I have found my favorite frame is Banshee.  I come from a background in Team Fortress 2, where I am currently playing competitive in ESEA at the IM level, for those of you who do not know, it is the division below the highest division in the league.  Also, I am willing to draw up my own concept art of this frame if it gets some feed back, so let me know what you guys all think!  Now onto the concepts.

OVERVIEW

The Witch Doctor Frame is based off of old lore of supposed old hags or recluses living alone, delving into ancient enchantments, spells, and potions.  The witch Doctor, not his/her final name obviously but its what we will use here today, will mostly be dealing with proc damage mixed with some small healing attributes. 

STATS

For the base stats, the witch doctor will be a more health based frame with a large focus on the use of Energy, with health being above average, shield being relatively low, and a large pool of Energy to pull from.  Stats will be based assuming the frame is rank 30 with no boosting mods equipped.

Health: 450

Power:  250

Armor:  65

Shield Cap:  225

Stamina:  100

Speed: 0.9

Aura: Naramon dash/bar, matching Energy Siphon

CODEX

The Witch Doctor uses ancient magic spells and potions to wear down his foes, while also keeping his allies healthy.  As a bulky tank, he can wear down armies of enemies with high damage out put.

ABILITIES

For the over views of my first prototypical ability overview, we will be using x as our variable.

First Ability:  Spell Bomb

Witch Doctor throws down a potion / enchantment bottle, throwing enemies backward in a radial dispersal, dealing a small amount of damage and stating them with a random elemental damage.  Enemies will be staggered or blinded with a smoke animation around Witch Doctor.  Functions similar to Banshees Sonic Boom or Ash's Smoke Bomb.  This ability is affected by power strength and power range.

Second Ability:  Proc / Ability Nullifier

When casting his second ability, Witch Doctor will cast an AoE around himself that weakens or completely blocks enemy proc energies.  When cast next to an enemy Eximus, the proc cast by said Eximus will be blocked, stopping all life leech, Fire Blast, Snow Globe, Venomous, regeneration, or aura abilities.  This ability is not exclusive to Eximus enemies as it will also block boss procs, such as Ambulas' Pull and Fire Blast or Ruk's Inferno.  This ability would be affected by power range and possibly power strength, depending on mechanics.

Third Ability:  Weapon status

When this ability is cast, Witch Doctor and his surrounding allies will have their weapons' status chance boosted by a flat 50% and the status damage, ie. fire, electric, blast, corrosive, slash, impact, boosted by amount.  Meaning that if a weapon has a 20% status chance in game, with all mods equipped, the weapons status will be boosted to 70% per shot / second, not based solely off a weapons base status chance.  Only status proc applicable to the weapon would be boosted, in the case of a stock Paris Prime, each shot would have a 70% chance to deal higher puncture, impact or slash damage.  If Hellfire were equipped, then a chance to deal fire damage as well would be added.  This ability will also take effect onto other warframes' abilities, being able to sky rocket abilities such as Radial Javelin or Miasma at a flat 50% chance as there is no base status chance to go off of.  This ability would be affected by power duration, power range, and power strength.  

Forth Ability:  Proc AoE

Witch Doctors final ability would act similar to Saryn's Miasma, dealing high damage in a large AoE.  When cast, this ability will deal a random proc damage type with a set x amount of damage to everyone with in the AoE, being fire, blast, corrosive, radiation, slash, puncture, etc, and continue to do damage over a short period of time.  This ability will also take affect on allies, curing them of any status ailments, and protecting them for power duration time.  This ability will be affected by power strength, power duration, and power range. 

APPEARANCE

Witch Doctor will resemble Pestarzt Plague doctor from the 1600's in Europe, with the beak mask and a shall.  On his back, the Witch Doctor will wear a cloak, either as a syandana or just part of his armor, covering his back making him look larger than life.  Feathers spur off of his helmet and shoulders as spikes adorn the contours of his body.  Alternately, Witch Doctor can wear a helmet resembling a wooden mask, resembling a tiki.

END NOTES

Thanks for reading guys, I hope you enjoyed!  Leave me your input below, and if would would like me to work on some art concepts designs of what I think Witch Doctor should look like.  Also let me know if I made any grammatical errors so I can fix them.

~xattuu :)

Stop it. No DotA2 in WARFRAME.

Just cuz its a witch doctor doesn't mean its from DotA, I've never played it.  I said it was a concept from plague doctors and like recluses from medieval lore.  I know what youre saying that you dont want the games to cross, but I dont really now anything about DotA so I cant base him from that game. :)