Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Black Hole Frame) Therios :3[Stats Change, And 'ability Symbols' Added!]

theRCB

j

QzhOUs6.png

(If anyone wants to help me out in the concept art that would be greatly appreciated. ;3 ..cuz I suck)

Name: Therios

Therios is a collector, however he isn't the kind of collector you want to mess with. His size may be larger then other warframes sure, but that does not keep him from charging in and taking out the large crowds. His Ability's allow him to shift the gravitational pull, and consume. 

His main helmet is filled with what seems to be a black hole spinning, creating a magnetic shock ever so often.
He carry's two tanks that are fused within his back, these tanks hold most of his power. When using ability's, the tanks will glow bright.

___________________________________}

The Ability's:          

FMkZnbL.png Infusion Warp:

------------------------------------------

Opens a black hole infused with a targeted foe's body, causing them to 'suck' into them selves, and slowly evaporate from existence. (taking Magnetic/Electric damage slowly for x amount of seconds.) 

Can be altered via Strength and Duration mods. Duration mods increase confusion time.

Strength mods increases time held in black hole.

Alternate:

A miniature Black Hole appears above his head, granting him the ability to float, and gives him a damage buff of magnetic/electric damage. (can be cast on players, if in radius.)

NnTJnJA.png Gravity Swap:

Lifting his leg up high into the air, swapping the foes point of gravity to his foot. Then roughly slamming the foot onto the ground, crushing anything underneath.(Leaves an effect of magnetic damage overtime.)

Alternate:

Collecting Bash:
(Compare to slash dash) Therios lunges past foe, pulling them towards him in the process.

KxyMjGl.png Explosive Collection:

Creates a spinning ring of Black Holes around a group of foe. If a foe try's to leave the ring, it can either consume them, or cause a bad reaction, and explode.

If a foe from outside the ring try's to enter(for whatever reason...) Will be blown back, or knocked back.

Enemies speed is greatly reduced when inside the ring. Enemies will take Magnetic/Electric damage over time if inside the black hole.

WEYrc8M.png Consumer:

Turns Therios into a walking black hole, and pulls foe towards him(with a chance of consumption) for a moment and sends everything crashing into a floor/wall for damage (not too much or it'd be a press 4 to win, but not so little as to be useless, more something to just upset the flow of battle and pull all the drops in the room towards one side, and not to be confused for boobens 'Vortex')

Movement will be shifted, Therios will walk slower, and Therios' attacks will be heavier(more powerful). Gravity is a big part in this skill, as things are trying to not only stick to the gravity of the map, but to him also. If a foe is consumed by Therios, he will be awarded a fairly decent of health and shields. (heavy enemies can't be consumed.)

{_______________________________}

Base Statistics

Health 90 (290 at rank 30)

Power 100 (150 at rank 30)

Armor 180.0

Shield Capacity 105 (335 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed 1.0

Stamina 150

Conclave 150 at rank 30

Polarities 1x 20px-Madurai_Pol.svg.png 1x 20px-Naramon_Pol.svg.png

Aura Polarity 20px-Naramon_Pol.svg.png

Skill Cost:
Ability 1: 20 energy
Ability 2: 40 energy
Ability 3: 75 energy
Ability 4: 120 energy (Timer: 10 seconds)
Total Energy: 120

Edit 7: I fixed it up(sorta)... heres what happened to it:

qY2YoeH.png

Edited by oPANDAFRAMEo

Your basicly mixing Limbo with Portal...

The stats would also make it the SQUISHIEST warframe. Even Nova would be tougher, and armour means squat if you have no health for it to protect.

The Character you were thinking of btw, is Spot, from Spiderman. He's a villian not a hero.

Edited by Stormandreas

Nahhhhh, once I get my thoughts back together it'll be more clear.... I lost some of the stuff I had written down, because my damn sister disconnected me... Trying to rewrite the stuff right now. 

The stats would also make it the SQUISHIEST warframe. Even Nova would be tougher, and armour means squat if you have no health for it to protect.

The Character you were thinking of btw, is Spot, from Spiderman. He's a villian not a hero.

Btw: it is it's unranked stats, not it's maxed stats... So it would look squishy... but those are also getting tweaks as i am writing this. I will bump this when i fix it all.

I agree it is mixing Limbo with portals the only non Limbo like ability is that Acceleration ability, which in itself is something someone would do when playing one of the Portal games

I agree it is mixing Limbo with portals the only non Limbo like ability is that Acceleration ability, which in itself is something someone would do when playing one of the Portal games

Edit: It's been revamped, renamed, and redone since we had this discussion. Please check it out now. :3

Edited by oPANDAFRAMEo

I do not understand how.... Limbo is more for avoiding danger... this is more like an offensive tank. If anything it is more compared to a giant pokeball. Capturing things, and spitting them out... it's in no way like Limbo.... Give me your reasoning for how this would be like Limbo... I sure hope to god it isn't like Limbo, Limbo is the worst frame in my opinion.

Edit: Also, it's a frame that uses portals, so of course its going to 'seem like Portal' ... That is just how portals work...

Manipulating another dimension to trap and kill your enemies... Thats exactly what Limbo does. Limbo basicly, opens a Portal to the Rift, and immediatly throws the enemy/ally in there.

Limbo, btw, is one of the best frames. He can defend better than Frost (with cataclysm), and can tank/run better than Rhino thanks to Rift Walk. He is also unmatched in 1-1 combat, and can manipulate the battlefield by using Banish and cataclysm to fight whatever enemies he chooses.

Manipulating another dimension to trap and kill your enemies... Thats exactly what Limbo does. Limbo basicly, opens a Portal to the Rift, and immediatly throws the enemy/ally in there.

Limbo, btw, is one of the best frames. He can defend better than Frost (with cataclysm), and can tank/run better than Rhino thanks to Rift Walk. He is also unmatched in 1-1 combat, and can manipulate the battlefield by using Banish and cataclysm to fight whatever enemies he chooses.

Edit: It has been revamped, redone, and changed greatly. Please check out the new frame :3

Edited by oPANDAFRAMEo

I'm not completely sold yet, but intrigued. A few things about black holes that I would like taken into consideration when thinking about any of the powers.

1.Size doesn't matter, mass does.

This should mean that the bigger the player makes the black hole, dimensionally, has no effect on the  mass it should have and that is important because...

2.Gravity. The more mass the black hole has the more gravity it has, the force is pulling everything into the black hole.

Everything approaching the black hole should be sped up, and anything moving away from the black hole should be slowed. If stuck between black holes one should start to have competing orbits, like multiple Vauben Vortex's. Also, movement toward a black hole should make a red-shift tint to ambient light, and movement away, or behind the player should be blue-shifted.

3.Radiation, radiation, radiation! What splashes off a black hole tends to be turned into sub-luminal irradiated matter. There is also Hawking's radiation, but, i'm not sure if that matters here, except maybe as the duration mechanic.

Black holes should spit high energy radiation out as things get sucked in.

4. As long as the black hole exist, nothing that goes in, get out. Period. You can't see past the event horizon, it is the point of no return. As long as the black hole exists whatever has gone inside remains.

A black hole could be treated as a prison trap, perhaps like Hydroid's Undertow but with radiation damage and the ability to pull targets into it, like Vaubens Vortex.

5. Teleportation may actually be possible, because of black holes, hypothetically. An Einstein-Rosen bridge, aka a wormhole between two black holes could allow for instant, or near instant transit between to different locations in space-time.

Nobody can see inside a black hole, but if the player is inside one (remember it doesn't matter how big it is, physics break down inside) they might see out. It might stand to reason they can teleport to other black holes. Visually I would have the inside of the black hole red-shifted, and the direction of other black holes blue-shifted. The closer the other black hole the larger blue-shifted patch on the inside. Walking into, or casting a power pointed at the blue-shif patch would teleport the player to the distant black hole. Canceling the black hole allows the player to safely exit.

6.Spinning a black hole gives it an electric charge.

Perhaps spinning a black hole one direction can add AoE electric damage, and spinning it the other direction can make AoE magnetic damage. Either way, depending on the speed of the spin the more powerful it should be.

So, in conclusion. A black hole should malleable by the player. Either set in size in mass initially by the powers and power mods, or somehow manipulated on the fly by the player. Either way that black hole will be effected by its environment and vice versa. Size, mass, and spin are defining attributes to a black hole. It can create beams of radiation, and possibly AoE electrical or magnetic damage. It effects local gravity and should pull in everything, speeding up approaching objects and slowing leaving objects. And it could be possible to teleport between different black holes.

Lets say a general black hole has a base 0.05/0.5/1 meter in size and stores 25/50/100 points of mass/radiation, for a duration of 5/10/20 seconds.

-Power mods effect these stats, range for size, strength for mass/radiation stored, and power duration for base time. Increasing the size of the blackhole would actually make the gravitational effects weaker, or calmer.

-When creating the black hole the player can hold the same power button to feed more energy its creation, x energy in transferred per second adding x amount to the mass/radiation and duration of the black hole.

-The gravity well reaches 1 meter for every point of mass decided by the size of the black hole, making the range of the gravity well. Anything moving directly toward the black hole, within the gravity well, has its speed increased by the range of the gravity well minus by the distance from black hole in percent. e.g. a 1000 mass black hole, 5 meter is size, would have a gravity well reaching 200 meters. Anything 200 meters away would be sped 0%, anything 100 meters in would be sped 100%, and anything 5 meters away would increase speed by 195%. Velocity is retained and creates similar physics to Vauben's Vortex.

-Inversely anything trying to move away from the black hole is slowed at the same rate.

-Object without volition, inanimate objects, have speed applied or removed based on there mass, typically 1-20. (note all these inertia values and attraction are probably worked out in Vauben's Vortex.

-Allies might be attuned to enjoy x% of the speed boost, but not the gravity effect, or slowdown.

-All things absorbed into the black hole takes the total mass in Impact damage, and adds 10-20 to the total mass, depending on size or mass.

-Enemies, not dead, inside the black hole take 1% / 3% / 5% of the total mass in radiation every second and have a 5% radiation status chance. The Warframe and its allies inside the black hole receive 1% / 3% / 5% energy and remove status effects on them.

-Firing on the black hole can move it, firing on the right or left of the sphere adds and changes the spin. The spins rate effects the strength of the AoE blast, that proc's when x10 times the base mass of the black hole has been absorbed. The AoE does a base damage of mass times revolution per second. When the black hole's duration expires or is cancelled the total absorbed mass is converted into a AoE radiation blast.

I hope this helps. It was fun to think about.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

I'm not completely sold yet, but intrigued. A few things about black holes that I would like taken into consideration when thinking about any of the powers.

This should mean that the bigger the player makes the black hole, dimensionally, has no effect on the  mass it should have and that is important because...

2.Gravity. The more mass the black hole has the more gravity it has, the force is pulling everything into the black hole.

Everything approaching the black hole should be sped up, and anything moving away from the black hole should be slowed. If stuck between black holes one should start to have competing orbits, like multiple Vauben Vortex's. Also, movement toward a black hole should make a red-shift tint to ambient light, and movement away, or behind the player should be blue-shifted.

3.Radiation, radiation, radiation! What splashes off a black hole tends to be turned into sub-luminal irradiated matter. There is also Hawking's radiation, but, i'm not sure if that matters here, except maybe as the duration mechanic.

Black holes should spit high energy radiation out as things get sucked in.

4. As long as the black hole exist, nothing that goes in, get out. Period. You can't see past the event horizon, it is the point of no return. As long as the black hole exists whatever has gone inside remains.

A black hole could be treated as a prison trap, perhaps like Hydroid's Undertow but with radiation damage and the ability to pull targets into it, like Vaubens Vortex.

5. Teleportation may actually be possible, because of black holes, hypothetically. An Einstein-Rosen bridge, aka a wormhole between two black holes could allow for instant, or near instant transit between to different locations in space-time.

Nobody can see inside a black hole, but if the player is inside one (remember it doesn't matter how big it is, physics break down inside) they might see out. It might stand to reason they can teleport to other black holes. Visually I would have the inside of the black hole red-shifted, and the direction of other black holes blue-shifted. The closer the other black hole the larger blue-shifted patch on the inside. Walking into, or casting a power pointed at the blue-shif patch would teleport the player to the distant black hole. Canceling the black hole allows the player to safely exit.

6.Spinning a black hole gives it an electric charge.

Perhaps spinning a black hole one direction can add AoE electric damage, and spinning it the other direction can make AoE magnetic damage. Either way, depending on the speed of the spin the more powerful it should be.

So, in conclusion. A black hole should malleable by the player. Either set in size in mass initially by the powers and power mods, or somehow manipulated on the fly by the player. Either way that black hole will be effected by its environment and vice versa. Size, mass, and spin are defining attributes to a black hole. It can create beams of radiation, and possibly AoE electrical or magnetic damage. It effects local gravity and should pull in everything, speeding up approaching objects and slowing leaving objects. And it could be possible to teleport between different black holes.

Lets say a general black hole has a base 0.05/0.5/1 meter in size and stores 25/50/100 points of mass/radiation, for a duration of 5/10/20 seconds.

-Power mods effect these stats, range for size, strength for mass/radiation stored, and power duration for base time. Increasing the size of the blackhole would actually make the gravitational effects weaker, or calmer.

-When creating the black hole the player can hold the same power button to feed more energy its creation, x energy in transferred per second adding x amount to the mass/radiation and duration of the black hole.

-The gravity well reaches 1 meter for every point of mass decided by the size of the black hole, making the range of the gravity well. Anything moving directly toward the black hole, within the gravity well, has its speed increased by the range of the gravity well minus by the distance from black hole in percent. e.g. a 1000 mass black hole, 5 meter is size, would have a gravity well reaching 200 meters. Anything 200 meters away would be sped 0%, anything 100 meters in would be sped 100%, and anything 5 meters away would increase speed by 195%. Velocity is retained and creates similar physics to Vauben's Vortex.

-Inversely anything trying to move away from the black hole is slowed at the same rate.

-Object without volition, inanimate objects, have speed applied or removed based on there mass, typically 1-20. (note all these inertia values and attraction are probably worked out in Vauben's Vortex.

-Allies might be attuned to enjoy x% of the speed boost, but not the gravity effect, or slowdown.

-All things absorbed into the black hole takes the total mass in Impact damage, and adds 10-20 to the total mass, depending on size or mass.

-Enemies, not dead, inside the black hole take 1% / 3% / 5% of the total mass in radiation every second and have a 5% radiation status chance. The Warframe and its allies inside the black hole receive 1% / 3% / 5% energy and remove status effects on them.

-Firing on the black hole can move it, firing on the right or left of the sphere adds and changes the spin. The spins rate effects the strength of the AoE blast, that proc's when x10 times the base mass of the black hole has been absorbed. The AoE does a base damage of mass times revolution per second. When the black hole's duration expires or is cancelled the total absorbed mass is converted into a AoE radiation blast.

I hope this helps. It was fun to think about.

Very good. Thanks for this. I am currently coming up with ways to rework its ability's. This is the kind of criticism I am looking for. Thank you sir :3

One second thought, size does matter. Well, maybe it doesn't but for the sake of mechanics the size of the black hole should effect the damage of the electric and magnetic damage.

This would make it a trade off. Do you want a black hole with massive gravitational pul and radiation surges, or a large high spinning black hole that generates more electrical or magnetic AoE?

Interesting Concept, I like The Idea of a Black-Hole Frame. But I have some suggestions on Different Abilities, for Infusion Warp, starting, I think it could be better. I suggest that the Frame targets and enemy and Shoots a fast moving "small" black hole at the enemy. This launches them backwards in a straight line and also pulls nearby enemies back with them, basically knocking the other ones down. While The targeted enemy will take all the damage, the surrounding enemies will take be disrupted from battle because they were pulled back by the gravity of said launched black hole, the range for the gravitational pull for this would be small, 1-3 meters maybe.

I suggest you also include a team benefitial ability in their somewhere, or a buffing ability, perhaps in the place of the second ability. As for the ultimate ability, I think it is to similar to to Limbo's Cataclysm, in the sense of making a large field of energy. I suggest changing it to Quasar. For the Quasar ability, Spot, will collapse into a black hole, slowly pulling enemies towards him, while at the same time be shooting out 2 Large beams of radiation, (as black holes do) He will appear to be a floating blackhole with 2 beams spinning around him, dealing high radiation damage when the beams contact enemies, and high status chance.

These are my suggestions, and i think they fit the frame well

Edited by Darktigr

Interesting Concept, I like The Idea of a Black-Hole Frame. But I have some suggestions on Different Abilities, for Infusion Warp, starting, I think it could be better. I suggest that the Frame targets and enemy and Shoots a fast moving "small" black hole at the enemy. This launches them backwards in a straight line and also pulls nearby enemies back with them, basically knocking the other ones down. While The targeted enemy will take all the damage, the surrounding enemies will take be disrupted from battle because they were pulled back by the gravity of said launched black hole, the range for the gravitational pull for this would be small, 1-3 meters maybe.

I suggest you also include a team benefitial ability in their somewhere, or a buffing ability, perhaps in the place of the second ability. As for the ultimate ability, I think it is to similar to to Limbo's Cataclysm, in the sense of making a large field of energy. I suggest changing it to Quasar. For the Quasar ability, Spot, will collapse into a black hole, slowly pulling enemies towards him, while at the same time be shooting out 2 Large beams of radiation, (as black holes do) He will appear to be a floating blackhole with 2 beams spinning around him, dealing high radiation damage when the beams contact enemies, and high status chance.

These are my suggestions, and i think they fit the frame well

Good idea i'll rework this a bit, and add it to the alternate skills listing. Thanks :3

Currently, the frame is too focused on one single concept (like limbo and mesa). The thought process behind it is good and if you can rework the abilities in such a way so that they don't all require your first to already have been cast. Please don't misinterpret this as me saying that this concept is bad, I'm just saying that it could use a rework on the abilities. The one ability that would need the rework the most is the ultimate.

Here's another alternative to the ultimate that would make it less overpowered because the instant kill is too much considering it is more of a cc based frame. Make it so that when the ultimate is cast, all black holes in the area start becoming unstable and start expanding into this huge ball that pulls in enemies further away slowly and enemies inside it towards the center quickly, where it will then implode, causing more damage the closer the enemy is to the center. If multiple black holes are in one area it would fuse together into one even more massive black hole (only when 4th ability is cast).

The 3rd ability could instead of being a black hole attached to you, it's that you pull in all enemies around you. (think of it as a 360 degrees pull with less range and not as much damage or maybe more, depending on whether you want your frame to be utility based or damage based).

I would also recommend that you rework the second ability, but keep the first. You could also try and rewrite the text to be a bit less colloquial (with that I mean less like spoken language and more of a business style text, which would help the topic become a lot clearer and easier to read.

Good luck with the thread!

-snip-

The ultimate does not insta kill everything. I said : Let me clarify, NOT everything inside the black hole is insta-killed, it's just something that could happen. I don't want another press 4 too win frame. It depends on your damage, and the level the enemies are. 

But i will look for another approach for this ability thank you for the feedback! :3 ...

Edit: It has been changed since, please check it out, and let me know if you can :3

Edited by oPANDAFRAMEo

• 3 weeks later...

Lol imagine this frame doing some parkour.

LOL. Yes it would be glorious to see. 

"AEIOU" echos into eternity.

I love it, +1

Yay :3 Ty!

Edit: Fixed some bad text. 

Edited by oPANDAFRAMEo