Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies Still Shooting While Rag-Dolled

nickelshark

As the title states enemies still shoot their weapons while being rag-dolled and will only stop until their "getting up" animation starts. Now I wouldn't mind that if they still were accurate with their weapons while rag-dolling.

Here are examples

Mag's Pull

As you could see the heavy gunner did not stop shooting until it started getting up from being rag-dolled by Mag's Pull.

I assume that this is due to their animations not being canceled by rag-doll.

Valkyr's Ripline

Same thing. The heavy gunner does not stop shooting until it starts a new animation.

Zephyr's Tornado

Vauban's Vortex and Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm (Thanks a bunch to Judgement8 for the video)

Here is a more clear example of enemy accuracy during rag-doll shooting.

I used a Fusion Moa since it much easier to tell rather than a heavy gunner. You can see that it's beam was on me the entire time it was rolling around on the floor.

My two proposals:

Either make it so the bullets go in which ever direction the gun is facing or have rag-dolls cancel out the shooting animation.

List of Abilities affected by this (Please tell me if there is one that should be added.)

Thank you to: counterflux, Naith, The_Vile_Blade, and Cat_Jam

Pull (Mag)

Ripline (Valkyr)

Vortex (Vauban)

Tornado (Zephyr)

DiveBomb-with Divebomb Vortex augment (Zephyr)

Tentacle Swarm (Hydroid)

Iron Skin-With Iron Shrapnel augment (Rhino)

Also, this affects weapons that cause rag doll. (Thank you to PR60E4 for bringing up weapons.)

I will also try to get some examples for sparring weapons.

Here is a simple example with the Jat Kittag:

Edited by nickelshark

I would highly appreciate it if we could get some kind of response from a dev on this issue. Since we are not going to get any fixes or updates till U16 rolls in I am hoping to see this in the change notes for U16.

Yeah, it's ridiculous how long this issue has been allowed to stay in the game.

I would highly appreciate it if we could get some kind of response from a dev on this issue. Since we are not going to get any fixes or updates till U16 rolls in I am hoping to see this in the change notes for U16.

It's standard :/

I too am hoping it'll appear in U16 either in the notes or not.