Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting A Cyberpower Pc. Any Advice?

Clawtank96

I thinking of this layout, any advice?

Gaming Chasis: CyberPowerPC X-Nova Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, Side-Panel Window Extra Case Fans: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case Noise Reduction Technology: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4.0 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified) Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: Enermax ETS-T40-BK Black CPU Cooler w/PWM 120mm Twister with TB Apollish Blue LED Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits:Standard Coolant Motherboard: * GIGABYTE Z97X-SLI ATX w/ Intel GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI, 1 x M.2, 1 x SATA Express, or 6x SATA 6Gb/s (Extreme OC Certified) RAM / System Memory: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V3) Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 270 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Dual Card (CrossFireX)) Power Supply: 850 Watts - Corsair CSM Series CS850M 80 Plus Gold Certified Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply M.2 SATA SSD: None Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (2TB x 2 (4 TB Capacity) RAID 0 Extreme Performance) Secondary Hard Drive: None Hard Drive Cooling Fan: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System (2 x Systems) Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR) External Optical Drive: None Internal Wireless Network Card: None Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO Internal Network Card: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network Keyboard: AZZA Delta Gaming Keyboard w/ Anti-Ghosting & red backlight Mouse: AZZA Alpha 1600 DPI Gaming Mouse USB Hub & Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports Operating System: Windows 8.1 Office Suite: McAfee AntiVirus Plus

That wall of text was painful to read.

If I understood it correctly, you're getting two R9 270's in crossfire.

Don't do that. It's overpriced and won't give you as much as one more powerful card would.

Get one GPU instead. GTX 980 if you can afford it, and if you can't, look into R9 290 or R9 280x

Edited by Shifted

Looks like a pretty good setup. Can't say I'm one to go for the Radeon cards, as there is a lot of bang for your buck in the current nVidia lineup. I would also advise against dual cards, as you'd get better performance out of a single, more powerful card (like a 280/290, or whatever the next step up is).

Mouse and keyboard sound pretty generic, especially with so many affordable mechanic gaming keyboards these days. Perhaps something to upgrade later?

Also get rid of McAfee. 

lol please don't use mcafee. just please. that's just terrible. and unless you have a touch screen, don't get 8.1, get win7. much more efficient and better overall for desktops.

Actually 8.1 is much more "efficient", technically. Just get 8.1 OP, the positives far outweigh the negatives (which are subjective, anyway - while the benefits are purely objective). 

I thinking of this layout, any advice?

Gaming Chasis: CyberPowerPC X-Nova Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, Side-Panel Window

Extra Case Fans: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case

Noise Reduction Technology: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4.0 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)

Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking

CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: Enermax ETS-T40-BK Black CPU Cooler w/PWM 120mm Twister with TB Apollish Blue LED

Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits:Standard Coolant

Motherboard: * GIGABYTE Z97X-SLI ATX w/ Intel GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI, 1 x M.2, 1 x SATA Express, or 6x SATA 6Gb/s (Extreme OC Certified)

RAM / System Memory: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V3)

Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 270 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Dual Card (CrossFireX))

Power Supply: 850 Watts - Corsair CSM Series CS850M 80 Plus Gold Certified Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply

M.2 SATA SSD: None

Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (2TB x 2 (4 TB Capacity) RAID 0 Extreme Performance)

Secondary Hard Drive: None

Hard Drive Cooling Fan: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System (2 x Systems)

Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

External Optical Drive: None

Internal Wireless Network Card: None

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Internal Network Card: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

Keyboard: AZZA Delta Gaming Keyboard w/ Anti-Ghosting & red backlight

Mouse: AZZA Alpha 1600 DPI Gaming Mouse

USB Hub & Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Office Suite: McAfee AntiVirus Plus

Your default windows protector will worker better then Mcafee. Use some of the free protection stuff like avast, super anti spy-ware, and malwarebytes. With malwarebytes you won't get as many features arfter the trial period but it'll still run scans.

If you do go looking for a better mouse/keyboard go with logitech, the nokia of keyboards and mice.

What is your moniter?

Edited by Postal_pat

Clawtank96

I have about same PC, with exact same CPU, almost same 2 video cards - R9 290 (except they are 4GB VRAM) in crossfire mode and 16GB DDR4 instead of DDR3.

I really don't see any point in noise reduction since stock fans on GPU make almost no noise and Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 which I use for CPU isn't noisy either.

Also your cooling system is completely unnecessary and nothing more than bragging.

And CD-RW? God it's 2015. Even in Russia no one uses CDs anymore.

I also suggest you to buy a faster HDD since you are not going with SSD.

Lol win 8.1 and mcaffee. Don't forget to format your hard drive as soon as you receive your PC to get rid of this disgusting trash.

Edited by SonicSonedit

you're paying for things you don't need in some places, and in others, you're buying things that you don't want.

i also would recommend not buying prebuilt computers if you're technically inclined at all, because the premium you pay for it is only worth it for the super high end premium companies.

however you haven't detailed what you do and what you need to do with your computer. so making suggestions is difficult at best.

a general suggestion that i could make for a high end system however.

i5 4690k

8-16 gigs of RAM (~1600Mhz range is way more than sufficient for a system that isn't using an iGPU, more is a waste of money)

SSD boot drive

SSD game drive

Hard Drive(s) for data storage

GTX970 / R9 290x

an external DAC being fed from an optical cable

a closed circuit Liquid CPU Cooler

a case with good airflow design, with quiet but effective fans, totaling to Positive pressure to help keep dust out

Et Cetera.

but still, hard to make suggestions without knowing what you need, want, Et Cetera.

Edit:

if you're going to be forced to take McAfee, i would just not buy from them at all.

or, rather, you're probably best off just not. because of the bloatware you're going to need to cut out of the Operating System.

a lot of work.

Edited by taiiat

Actually 8.1 is much more "efficient", technically. Just get 8.1 OP, the positives far outweigh the negatives (which are subjective, anyway - while the benefits are purely objective). 

in terms of actual user operations. on win7 it takes me 2 button presses to get to shut down. in win 8, i have to use my mouse, slide over to the corner, slide down to settings, then click power then click shutdown.

win8.1 is not practically efficient like win7 is.

in terms of actual user operations. on win7 it takes me 2 button presses to get to shut down. in win 8, i have to use my mouse, slide over to the corner, slide down to settings, then click power then click shutdown.

win8.1 is not practically efficient like win7 is.

You clearly don't use Win 8.

Windows Key (or Start menu button) > Power Button > Shutdown

Windows 7:

Windows Key (or Start Menu button, in the same place as Win 8.1) > Shutdown

One more button press for Win 8.1 to shut off. Woooww.... just so awful. Especially considering the massive under-the-hood technological improvements, and the much speedier startup/shutdown speeds, it just seems like that one extra mouse click makes Win 8 entirely not worth it.

Jahadaya

I use windows 8.1 on my ACER Extensa EX2510G-53DE and I hate it with my whole soul. The only reason I didn't install Win7 is because free Win10 upgrade. And yeah Win8 won't let you install Win7 unless you completely delete Win8.

The only good thing about Win8 is that is starts and shuts down much faster than Win7. But it's not nearly enough to cover up for all of the many downsides.

You clearly don't use Win 8.

Windows Key (or Start menu button) > Power Button > Shutdown

Windows 7:

Windows Key (or Start Menu button, in the same place as Win 8.1) > Shutdown

One more button press for Win 8.1 to shut off. Woooww.... just so awful. Especially considering the massive under-the-hood technological improvements, and the much speedier startup/shutdown speeds, it just seems like that one extra mouse click makes Win 8 entirely not worth it.

Actually, compatibility issues are not entirely worth it. Nevermind the addition 33% increase in daily mouseclicks for an everyday operation, Win7 just does not have extrenuous problems running certain software.

That, and Windows 10 is already on the horizon, as they have "learned their lesson" with regards to making some sort of unified platform for mobile devices and PCs. 8.1 was the bandaid.

almost same 2 video cards - R9 290 (except they are 4GB VRAM)

Slightly offtopic, but:

You'd be surprised how much difference there is between 270 and 290.

I've been building a new rig recently and unfortunately had to replace the 290 I originally planned for a 280x.

Barely a difference, right?

Wrong, some benchmarks report up to 20fps difference, in favor of 290, of course.

Still, I have to say, those Radeons get extremely hot (and because of that, loud).

Jahadaya

I use windows 8.1 on my ACER Extensa EX2510G-53DE and I hate it with my whole soul. The only reason I didn't install Win7 is because free Win10 upgrade. And yeah Win8 won't let you install Win7 unless you completely delete Win8.

The only good thing about Win8 is that is starts and shuts down much faster than Win7. But it's not nearly enough to cover up for all of the many downsides.

Yeah, you hate it. For (most likely) completely subjective reasons that don't pertain to the OP. In fact, you literally listed two ways in which it is objectively better than Win 7 yourself. I'm merely suggesting the faster, and newer (and free upgrade to Win 10-er) version of Windows for the OP, to help him/her. 

Actually, compatibility issues are not entirely worth it. Nevermind the addition 33% increase in daily mouseclicks for an everyday operation, Win7 just does not have extrenuous problems running certain software.

That, and Windows 10 is already on the horizon, as they have "learned their lesson" with regards to making some sort of unified platform for mobile devices and PCs. 8.1 was the bandaid.

Read the above reply.

True, about what you said in the second half. But I'm not sure what compatibility issues you're talking about, as I've never experienced any at all. Att least, not since I switched from Win 7, because during using it I experienced a few. But I shouldn't try to argue about that, it's off topic. And if you're shutting off your PC that many times in a day where one more button click is going to add a whole 'nother 33%, that's another problem in itself. 

-snip-

i'm getting a "i don't understand computers but i think i do" vibe.

if you don't understand how computers work, that's fine. but a 4690k is at the top of the usual consumer's product bracket, with AMD analogue as a budget option.

you could copy pasta synthetic benchmarks all day about how some Xeon E5-2667 is so awesome for this or that, or blah blah meow meow.

however for an Intel Processor, a 4 Core, 4 Thread Processor will handle anything the vast majority of consumers has to task it with.

since professional Youtubers are a small percentage of all the people that own computers, and same deal for professional CAD workers or Et Cetera.

but feel free to disagree, however while i'm all for letting people choose what is good for their situation, if your response is going to be something along the lines of "but a 4790k is so much better blah blah blah", for most of the applications a consumer is using, you're wrong.

it isn't even futureproof either to have components like that. as CPU's start to be able to have more fully featured threads available, sure, Threading in applications will increase.

but you're not going to see a major difference without extra physical threads, and only increasing logical threads.

while it's somewhat off topic, since i do this for a living, it's imperative that i know the correct information, which means i learn my information from reliable sources, not random google searches that use inaccurate tests.

The only reason I didn't install Win7 is because free Win10 upgrade.

if w8 doesn't float your boat (i recognize the speed of the Operating System and ergo much lower overhead for the system in general, but am not thrilled about the idea of spending 5 months deleting or overriding parts of the Operating System for to be to my taste), you know w7 will also have a free upgrade to w10, right?

both w7 and w8.1 are included in that.

----------

are we really going to talk about clicks it takes to press shutdown?

you honestly can't actually care about the speed of that if you're using the Mouse to press shutdown.

if you actually wanted fast and easy, you'd have the Power Button to start Shutdown. same for every version of Windows, always one button press.

Firstly, you've got a bit of overkill on the CPU, if it is a gaming PC you can get away with something a tad lower end just fine, mostly because the biggest load will be on your GPU

Speaking of which, two 270's in crossfire is stupid.

Get a GTX 970, you'll have lower power draw and in all likelyhood better better performance, plus you avoid some of the issues that come along with running two cards.

Next, get an SSD for your OS and favourite games. You get stupid fast load times.

I built my new rig with a Samsung Evo 840 SSD, and i can reboot my PC and be back in a game in about 20 seconds.

It costs a bit more but it is worth.

Likewise with your HDD, go for a WD Black. Top notch for performance and reliability IMO.

Finally for the love of your PC, don't get Mcafee. That shiz will fill your drive up with about 7 million other mcafee products then tell you to download more when it starts running slowly.

If you value your PC spend the little bit extra and go for ESET.

With that sort of setup you should save a little bit, and it should also allow you to use a less powerful PSU, which means that if you are going to save money in your power bills in the long run.

In fact, you literally listed two ways in which it is objectively better than Win 7 yourself

Well, yeah, I can list a hundred ways why Win8 should burn in hell.

Moreover, it's common knowledge that Win8 is a failure, same story as Win2000/ME/Vista.

Slightly offtopic, but:

You'd be surprised how much difference there is between 270 and 290.

I've been building a new rig recently and unfortunately had to replace the 290 I originally planned for a 280x.

Barely a difference, right?

Wrong, some benchmarks report up to 20fps difference, in favor of 290, of course.

Still, I have to say, those Radeons get extremely hot (and because of that, loud).

Weird, I didn't expect to have much performance difference between 270 and 290. I bought 290 because I tend to play several VRAM-eating games at the same time, so I need some extra VRAM. 

The funny thing is, R290 are less hot then GTX 550TI I had before it.

if you don't understand how computers work, that's fine

I'm a engineer-programmer who writes both Windows/Linux applications and firmware, tell me more about computers lol.

And you know what kind of vibe I get from you? "A man on a high horse" vibe. A lot of kewl words, and not a much of sense.

Here is a fact for you: go run a L4D2 server with a big map with complex path points, for example Silent Hill, and see your I5 go full retard on horde attack. And yes, I had I5 before the upgrade.

On the side note, when you are host in WF, you also fully process enemy AI.

Benchmarks? God I bought my PC to play games. Go run a game and see what happens. I had CPU performance problems with I5 while playing games, so I upgraded it to I7. Simple and clear huh?

Edited by SonicSonedit

-doesn't understand how processors affect performance-

This goes back to how PC's work.

In a game your CPU runs code and executes calculations. 

If a CPU can do those calculations then it doesn't matter how powerful it is, those calculations and such will be performed. Running a game on an i5 CPU is functionally no different to running it on an i7.

You don't need a super powerful processor in a PC unless you are doing something that is super calculation heavy like rendering CAD stuff or Video, or even compiling c***loads of code.

On the other hand, your GPU performs the calculations and such as well as the rendering for what you see on the screen, and given the pacing and such of games, there is a much bigger load to be carried here.

I watched a thing awhile back where they compared an old CPU with a brand new top level one, and functionally there wasn't much difference in performance you saw in game.

Benchmarks however there was a rather big difference.

Not sure if this is the thing I saw, but this is a similar thing 

Sixty5

I know you want to look smart and cool, but excatly the opposite happens. AI pathfinding is handled by CPU, not GPU. 

...have nothing to do with real life situations.

sure AI pathing is handled by CPU, but even then it isn't very load intensive

and when did I ever say that the benchmarks had any bearing IRL? I just mentioned that you don't need the overhead.

Watch the vid, if an OC'd Pentium CPU can run games at >60fps minimum then an i5 is more than sufficient for any gaming needs.

No sense in spending extra money for something you don't need.

Sixty5

Sorry for being rude before.

Since hardware DX came, FPS will almost never drop because of CPU, because GPU works in its own threads. They dont affect each others. On the other hand, I could fry eggs on my I5 while playing Silent Hill with my friends. Thermopaste was fresh, cooling was more than enough, but server throttled like crazy on horde attacks.

The thing is, you can play comfortly most of the games with I5, but when you try something unusual, like playing big awesome custom maps with complicated architecture, or running some update/launcher in background while playing WF at the same time then UH OH your CPU will start to throttle and in case of background updater/launcher you whole system will start to lag, because this applications works with your file system, and delay caused by CPU will affect any process which uses files often, including warframe, thanks to DE "great" idea with dynamically loaded assets.

Edited by SonicSonedit

Here is a fact for you: go run a server

On the side note, when you are host in WF, you also fully process enemy AI.

Benchmarks? God I bought my PC to play games. Go run a game and see what happens. I had CPU performance problems with I5 while playing games, so I upgraded it to I7. Simple and clear huh?

waddya know. your first thing talks about running a Dedicated Server, which is a completely different beast from the client of a game.

congratulations, you started talking about something that the average consumer doesn't do.

and we don't know if this person does, because they haven't told us what they do with their computer, or what they want to do with it.

Hyper Threading / Hyper Transport isn't going to make a lick of difference for what the average consumer does with their computer.

yes, when you're hosting, you're running the AI. so?

machines with say, for example, a 2500k - host Matches like Excavation, Survival, whatever - at whatever Framerate you want(people make reports in framerate, elsewise i would have data on Frame Time), because it's always 3 digits, and really, averages more in the 170-220 range. heavy situations will average a low hundred.

having an adequate Processor is important for Warframe, having a Workstation Processor is bells and whistles.

if you were having issues with a 4 Core, 4 Thread Processor, i would have looked elsewhere. something about your machine isn't right, the system was underperforming. getting unlucky with the silicon lottery is always possible, but you can get around that by buying those seemingly pointless Processor models, yno, the ones that seem identical except for a slight estimated total Clock Rate increase. that ~$10 premium gets you higher binning priority, meaning you're closer to the front of the line for the silicon lottery.

perhaps you were doing some odd combinations, such as rendering video, computing Ray Traced lighting, and playing a Game a the same time. or other large unnecessary concurrent loads.

but something(s) was / is wrong. because that is very out of the ordinary, and doesn't reflect experiences shared by reports from many users as well as inhouse testing for Digital Extremes.

...have nothing to do with real life situations.

absolutely, but 65 was referencing experiences had in games, and that you're going to normally see little difference between a Workstation Processor and a midrange Consumer one.

he only mentioned Benchmarks because synthetic Benchmarks is where the big differences are, not in Games. because Games push limits, and then the limits stretch, and they aren't pushing them any more. it's a cycle.

Edit:

Edited by taiiat