Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #47 Overview

AM-Bunny

Update 16 Release Date?

Mid-March is looking to be the ETA, after Tennolive 2015. 'Cool stuff' will be released between now and then though.

Mag's Crush changes?

The animation is 3-beats: Lift hand, lift hand, crush. New change: will find new enemies and inflict damage on each beat of the animation. Upon finishing, enemies will be ragdolled to the ground and have to stand back up, rather than landing on their feet.

Riot MOA update?

• Coming in Update 16!

• Click
to see some animations

UUn2EkF.png

Which Mission type is getting an overhaul next?

• Nothing is a strong focal point right now

• More 'spy rooms' are being added (3 grineer rooms and 3 corpus rooms being added)

• Some diversity is being added to enemies in Exterminate missions (sub-bosses scattered in)

• Some changes coming to Excavation (changes to what exactly you're defending)

Community Moderators will be selected to be granted the ability to kick people in chat. Kickbot (Glen) gets assistants.

Planning on adding new tonfas, sword+shield, gunblade, claws?

Yes, soon. Also, nun-chuks coming soon...

Fired up details?

Contrary to popular belief, Deth Machine Rifle sucks for Overheat damage. Prime Laser Rifle is a better choice. Thinking about changing mechanics of this so it's not so mystifying in general.

mEUESf9.png

PVP Updates?

• New NPC: Teshin!

• Teshin will instruct you in PVP modes, he will have a space in the relays where you can turn in medallions to gain Conclave standing.

• Teshin will offer new PVP mods through his syndicate, some PVP will be earnable through just playing though.

• The 'Flag' in Capture The Flag is now a 'Cephalon'.

• More polish overall on the gamemode.

• Maps are custom for PVP, there will be 2 or 3 maps just for Capture the Cephalon on launch

• Time it takes to kill players: fairly fast, not as fast as Call of Duty though

• The following items were used in PVP: Excalibur, Volt, Mag, Braton (Vandal), Latron (Prime), Strun, Aklato, Afuris, Aklex, Lex Prime, Skana, Bo, Furax

4WBFMO0.pngvdja0bh.jpg

Librarian updates?

• The Librarian syndicate leader is called Cephalon Simaris.

• Simaris is interested in knowledge, he wants to annihilate the creatures of the world and bring them into his 'Digital Oasis'. 

• There will be a target each week that Simaris desires. You will have to lay traps to slow its movement (like Ghostbusters) that will enable you to finally capture it (in a  manner similar to codex scanning).

• When the community captures enough of this target, there will be a piece of lore unlocked related to the target, as well as syndicate standing with Simaris.

• If you missed the community goal, there will be the ability to pursue a personal goal to unlock all past pieces of lore and standing.

• 'Danger Room' is added. Requires Simulacrum Access key to use. If you have a creature fully scanned there will be a way to spawn it in some sort of a practice room

6K3yRuW.pngimAlYS5.pngAijaNNU.pngIyBaCuv.png

Raid Details

• Raids will be MR locked. Initial one will  be quite low, maybe 3 or 4, but subsequent Raids might be higher

• Level 80 enemies starting out, get higher further in

• Manic Grineer makes an appearance!

• Rewards: Cosmetic enhancers! This item will burn a 'positive proc' into the cosmetic item of your choice. For example: get 10 headshots, get 30 seconds of health regen. This can be applied to a helmet or syandana only currently. This can be overwritten if you later change your mind.

• Some notable checkpoints:

Next time?

Next stream is Tennolive 2015. Will include Dragon frame, Parkour 2.0, and man other big reveals!

Thanks for the summary. I watched the entire episode and I thought they are doing some great changes. The coordination of raids looks to be like something that could be hard to implement sans Headset. I also am not sure I like that if you get killed from the pad it goes back to default. But I understand it has to be difficult. 

Thanks for the summary. I watched the entire episode and I thought they are doing some great changes. The coordination of raids looks to be like something that could be hard to implement sans Headset. I also am not sure I like that if you get killed from the pad it goes back to default. But I understand it has to be difficult. 

I was confused by this myself. They said that the Raids don't require 8 players, but it seemed as if you would need 8 to solve this puzzle. I can already see myself screaming at that one player that doesn't-get-it/won't-follow-instruction/etc if this is true, like the Mirage in the stream. 

Current plan: bring Valkyr and just chill, invincible.

Edited by AM-Bunny

Glad someone can always post a overview of the newest devstream for those who cant find the time too watch it, thanks again!

P.S: Looking forward too those raids, that's ganna be something awesome I hope.

Yeah, this one felt like a waste of time, honestly. I watch devstreams because I want the latest facts and news, if I wanted to watch people much around with gameplay, that's what Prime Time is for. 

Wait... if Cephalon Simaris is the librarian.. where is Cephalon Cordylon?

Haha, yah I was wondering the same thing. All this time I had been assuming the librarian was Cordylon... I guess Cordylon is just a no-lifer who lurks on the forum answering dumb questions.

Haha, yah I was wondering the same thing. All this time I had been assuming the librarian was Cordylon... I guess Cordylon is just a no-lifer who lurks on the forum answering dumb questions.

That's worth asking... then again, I DID see what looked like a blue Cephalon in there, so many he's still around just no longer the focus for whatever reason?

looks like a new sentinel there in the cephalon pic? helios but with the new scanner. or maybe augment for helios.

I'm guessing it's just a skin for Helios... but I hadn't put together the connection with scanning/capturing and how it might apply to everyone's favourite Wyrmius boss. I've always been surprised Helios didn't get a Shock Camo skin, that's sort of what it reminds me of.

About the Proto Excal Icon DE Lex has, I find that annoying since I messaged Megan about it soon after the Proto Skin was released and her response was "I don't believe we will be making a profile icon for the Proto Skin, but it's a neat idea! " but now we see Lex with one. 

The right thing to do is retroactively gift a Proto Excal icon to every that already has the Proto Skin and make it so when you purchase the proto skin on the next anniversary (heavily hinted by DE that it will come back), you automatically get the icon with the skin.

Also nice summery, very informative to read.