Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Chronos - The Time Warframe

Scholar_Andrew

Please comment! I know you've seen these concepts all over the place, but I seriously would appreciate your feedback!

I know this is really lengthy, but I put a lot of thought into the mechanics of his powers. If you want more explanations as to why his powers makes sense for his scheme, just ask away!

Warframe : Chronos (Tenno Concept) by Olkin-Lex on deviantART

TIME LINE DISPLACEMENT
1. His first spammable power would be the ability to exist physically in between two point in existence at the same time, thus generating a field of electrons that would vaporize (radiation damage) anything in between. He is also invincible during the time that it is active. (Visually it would look like a laser with the color of the Warframe's energy color starting where you originally stood stretching forward and when the power deactivates, you are standing at the end of the laser beam).

* Power mods increase damage

* Duration mods increase the duration of the state of power/invincibility your warframe is in

* Range mods increase the width and length of the laser beam

ENERGY FLUX JUMP
2. His second ability allows him to deactivate his shields for as long as he has the energy supply to do so (similar to Nyx's Absorb ability). When the power deactivates, it causes his original shield value to double for the same duration the ability was activated (basically, time-traveling his shields). (This would make having the D polarity practical so he could use the Rejuvenation Aura).

* Power mods increase the shield multiplication value (shield value + (shield value * (1 + power mods))) = New Shield Value | EXAMPLE: (200 shields + (200 shields * (1 + 30%))) = 200 shields + 260 shields = 460

* Duration mods increase the duration of the additional shields when power deactivates (duration + (duration * duration mods)) = New Duration Value | EXAMPLE: (30 seconds + (30 seconds * 30%)) = 30 seconds + 9 seconds = 39 seconds

SLOW TIME
3. This ability would let him slow down time in a given range by 65%, including projectile speed of enemies' guns (except hit-scan weapons). This however would trigger several penalties and perks including the following: Half value of shields, 1/3 reduced speed, 2x status/crit chance of your weapons.

* Power mods would increase all of the penalties and perks effects and the percent of slow rate

* Duration mods would increase the duration of the time-slow effect

* Range mods would increase the range of the effect on the surrounding enemies (The power can encompass any number of enemies and still affect them all, unlike Vaubon's Bastille)

PARADOXICAL PAIRING

4. His ultimate ability would allow him to wink out of existence, stuck in limbo and invincible, until the power deactivates. (Essentially, Chronos would time travel so that two of him would exist at the same time). When you activate the ability, it triggers you being unable to move, shoot, or melee but also being invisible and invincible. This can continue as long as you have the energy supply to do so (similar to Nyx's Absorb ability). When it deactivates, this triggers an AI version of you (similar to Spectres) that follows and fights with you for the same duration as when you were in the "limbo" state. The Spectre version of you would have the same mod loadout and weapon loadout as when you activated the power. (Your Spectre version can only use your first ability with the same specs as with your mods, so if you have extra power mods on your warframe, then the Spectre version will, too).

* Power mods increase ALL the stats of your Spectre version, even after your current mod loadout (more shields, health, armor, power strength, power range, power duration, shield recharge speed, and sprint speed)

* Duration mods will increase the duration per second you were in "limbo" state (duration in limbo state * (2 + duration mods)) = New Duration | EXAMPLE: (15 seconds * (2 + (2 * 30%)) = (15 seconds * 2.6) = 39 seconds

Edited by Andrew-1224

• 2 weeks later...

Okay if you want honest feedback, this is about as unoriginal as ideas can get. Put this into google search, "chronos warframe site:forums.warframe.com", and look at all the results you get. If you did another for "time warframe" you'd find even more with different names. I do have to give you credit for having a couple unique abilities, but most ppl stopped reading as soon as they saw it was a time-based frame. I only clicked it to see if there were any flames. If you want real feedback, there it is. Time frames are the most common fan concepts.

P.S. Most people aren't commenting on this because they're burnt out on telling ppl this, they're trying to be nice by not leaving negative feedback, or they just don't want to bump the idea so it'll go away as quickly as possible. I'm telling you this to be nice so you'll know why it won't get comments.

Edited by jmforeman02

First of all... Bra-f***ing-ho for making that thing, I read all of it. I loved the detail, to it, and do not let the lack of comments on here discourage you from continuing to come up with concepts, yes, there are a lot of time based warframes, but there at some point in time will always be over lap. It does not hurt to start somewhere. 

PARADOXICAL PAIRING

4. His ultimate ability would allow him to wink out of existence, stuck in limbo and invincible, until the power deactivates. (Essentially, Chronos would time travel so that two of him would exist at the same time). When you activate the ability, it triggers you being unable to move, shoot, or melee but also being invisible and invincible. This can continue as long as you have the energy supply to do so (similar to Nyx's Absorb ability). When it deactivates, this triggers an AI version of you (similar to Spectres) that follows and fights with you for the same duration as when you were in the "limbo" state. The Spectre version of you would have the same mod loadout and weapon loadout as when you activated the power. (Your Spectre version can only use your first ability with the same specs as with your mods, so if you have extra power mods on your warframe, then the Spectre version will, too).

* Power mods increase ALL the stats of your Spectre version, even after your current mod loadout (more shields, health, armor, power strength, power range, power duration, shield recharge speed, and sprint speed)

* Duration mods will increase the duration per second you were in "limbo" state (duration in limbo state * (2 + duration mods)) = New Duration | EXAMPLE: (15 seconds * (2 + (2 * 30%)) = (15 seconds * 2.6) = 39 seconds

Onto the feedback tho, for this power, I like how you made it a Specter based Design that would be pretty simple to code and implement it would almost be "Copy... Paste" My suggestion for this would be this tho. Specters have a rating, Vapor to Cosmic, Abilities have Ranks 0-3. I, think you can see where I am going with this. I would make the Specter scale to the next specter tier each Ability Rank. I.E. Rank 0 - Vapor and Rank 3 - Cosmic. I would also allow the Specter to use the Time slow ability as well tho. Lock the other 2 from their use, however. 

Enjoy and keep brainstorming ^__^

Okay if you want honest feedback, this is about as unoriginal as ideas can get. Put this into google search, "chronos warframe site:forums.warframe.com", and look at all the results you get. If you did another for "time warframe" you'd find even more with different names. I do have to give you credit for having a couple unique abilities, but most ppl stopped reading as soon as they saw it was a time-based frame. I only clicked it to see if there were any flames. If you want real feedback, there it is. Time frames are the most common fan concepts.

P.S. Most people aren't commenting on this because they're burnt out on telling ppl this, they're trying to be nice by not leaving negative feedback, or they just don't want to bump the idea so it'll go away as quickly as possible. I'm telling you this to be nice so you'll know why it won't get comments.

Thanks! I appreciate this a ton! Honestly, I came up with the concept for his powers before I knew there was a forum for these things. 

I know there are a lot of versions for this concept, but maybe that's an indicator for something. Besides that, I thank you for your honestly and your opinion. Enjoy your day!

First of all... Bra-f***ing-ho for making that thing, I read all of it. I loved the detail, to it, and do not let the lack of comments on here discourage you from continuing to come up with concepts, yes, there are a lot of time based warframes, but there at some point in time will always be over lap. It does not hurt to start somewhere. 

Onto the feedback tho, for this power, I like how you made it a Specter based Design that would be pretty simple to code and implement it would almost be "Copy... Paste" My suggestion for this would be this tho. Specters have a rating, Vapor to Cosmic, Abilities have Ranks 0-3. I, think you can see where I am going with this. I would make the Specter scale to the next specter tier each Ability Rank. I.E. Rank 0 - Vapor and Rank 3 - Cosmic. I would also allow the Specter to use the Time slow ability as well tho. Lock the other 2 from their use, however. 

Enjoy and keep brainstorming ^__^

Thanks! First person to praise my idea! I do understand that the specter version would change lvls as you leveled up that ability, but just like with specters, you can't give them too many abilities, and by limiting him (the time traveled version) to only one power, you give him a slight boost, but not too much that it defeats the point to actually making specters anymore.

I appreciate you comment so much! You made my day! I hope you enjoy yours and may our brotherhood guide our motives and our honor be exemplified in our actions.