Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"bored" Of Weapons' Performances And Identities. (Not A Rant Thread)

Burnthesteak87

Disclaimer: I don't intend to offend anyone in this post, and I don't pretend to fully understand your point or opinion. If you take offense, that is on you.

I'm a little confused as to what you (the OP) are looking for. Do you want a gun that is different than all the other guns but still viable and useful in high end content? How do you want to make this hypothetical unique gun different?

When I think of a gun, three basic criteria come to mind:

1) you hold the gun

2) you push a button

3) things in front of the gun get hurt

If you want to make a gun, you just fulfill these three criteria and ta da, new gun.

Warframe has explored all plausible ways of holding a gun, so long as frames have two dexterous hands with which to shoot.

They have also come up with a bunch of different ways to push a button. There is the traditional trigger with semi auto, burst, full auto and duplex auto. There is charge and hold, charge and fire, short charge and long charge, semi auto and charge, and maybe a few others.

The last criteria in how to be a gun is where you start getting variety. Some guns are better at killing certain things than others (right tool for the right job, what I think makes guns useful and varied). Some guns have different ways of hitting things in front of them, like firing a gas cloud, arcing lightning or emitting a high power laser beam. And guns can hurt things in different ways, like punching holes in their heads or knocking them out of the park.

Warframe has done a pretty good job at coming up with lots of different guns. True, not all of them are balanced properly, but they are each unique while still being a gun. My interpretation of your argument is that: you're either annoyed that every gun in warframe accomplishes only the three aforementioned criteria and nothing else, or that the guns that are unique and different are not on the same tier. Adding an alt fire where the alt fire is a gun by my criteria is nothing more than the synergy between two guns. Adding alt fire where the alt fire doesn't fulfill my three criteria is a whole other can of worms.

So... Do you want balanced guns so that unique and different guns are on the same tier? Or do you want to mix two guns together? Or do you want to mix a gun with something that is not a gun?

Also, RIDICULOUS. NOT RIDICLE.

Edited by NogginMasher

This is one more reason why Warframe needs a Weapon Tier Potatoe system:

1)  Every weapon has a purpose.

2)  Every purpose has a metric.

3)  Every metric has a maximum.

4)  Every weapon advances along the metric of it's purpose to it's maximum.

5)  Mutipurpose weapons require a mathematician to create.

6) Never expect to have intelligent, mature discourse with these forums

I hear what you're saying, OP, and I agree. It seems reasonable to believe that with the releasing of so many weapons into the game, the dev team is running or has ran out of ideas in how to make them unique; however, Steve said they had years' worth of ideas for the game, so I just chill and see what they come up with. Truthfully, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they put our misgivings to rest in future - the dev team can be very surprising!

I was talking with someone earlier, he pointed out that most likely, content is continually releaed to keep the veterans pacified. Whether that's true or not, that's an interesting viewpoint.

Quite frankly, as for me personally, I'd much rather see the mechanics revamped with higher agility from the Tenno (like Lara Croft had in the older days), more lore and lore-based events (tap the community's shoulder for ideas!). That's probably a tall order to fill, so I just chill and play with my friends from time to time.

Meh, I came to this topic expecting to read something interesting. Maybe even debate a bit. All I saw was an angry kid shooting down anyone that didn't agree with him. Useless topic is useless. I'ma go to another topic now.

Edited by Eruend