Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nikanas' Tint Maps Are Bugged

Tekka_Croe

Upon equipping my Dragon Nikana after this latest update, it seems that there's a weird naturally-orange glow added to the tint-map.  The energy color on my Drikana is the cool-white in the lower right corner of the saturated palette.

6ZvwOBi.jpg

When attempting to recolor the energy, the orange hue persists:

X8NNYYI.jpg

I assume this is a bug associated with the just-introduced Gemini Sheath skin.

Hum it's not just this... the finer art on the lower part of the hilt have been lost completely... I llke the new look of the added metallic parts but this tint bug is ruining the subtlety of the design, and sorry to say this but whatever energy color I use, the bleed make it looks like puke. I just got the Drikana this week, and it felt awesome. 

I hope it gets fixed soon, but please meanwhile... just revert it to how it was.

Edited by lukaself

For anyone wondering why their sheaths arent changing color according to your melee energy color - you actually have to adjust the melee weapons attachment energy color.

I'm aware of this, that's not the issue here.

My Drikana's energy color is white.

The sheath's energy color is green.

...Neither of those is orange.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Tekka_Croe

Moved to the proper section.

Thanks.  I'm still learning my way around the forums.

The best "fix" i've found so far is to make the energy color black.  It will take away that problem until they hotfix it.

Yep, that's what I did shortly after posting this.  Seems to be the universal fix for ugly glow-overlays.

• 2 weeks later...

^ you were there for that then. All the spirits crushed, all the desperate cries for U16.

Anyways, this really bugs me. They could at least make it match your energy colors, either for attachment or weapon itself. Even take it out entirely. I see what they were going for... but the unchange-ability of the color is annoyign to no end, since I don't use much orange, at least right now. Mostly creams/maroons/golds, or white/grey/blues. Orange doesn't work for either of those..

I've only noticed this recently and I know it's not a property of the weapon. When I first picked up this weapon I was able to tint it whatever color I wanted. Now there's this  ugly orange tint on the handle that's impossible to change. It's not related to energy color or warframe energy color. It's not a light effect caused by the energy color in the Liset. It's not because I've not been washing my hands after eating a bunch of oranges. It's a graphical bug and it's gross. 
gytxl.jpg
gytUR.jpg

EDIT
Without the new sheath and with no orange attatchement or energy color. I know what I'm talking about. Don't assume that I don't know the basic way to color this weapon. 

gyulZ.jpg

Double EDIT:
This time showing the weapon energy color. Still not orange. 
Guys.
I pinky promise.
I know how to color the weapon. 
This is a graphical bug. 

gzbEE.jpg

Edited by wearing_socks

I thought the Dragon Nikana Gemini sheath was the fiery one?  Have you changed the energy colour to get blue fire?  If so, that could be where the bug lies.  The sheath might still be giving off a fiery orange glow instead of being tied to energy colour.

Edited by Katinka

Maybe it's caused by this fancy new sheath you're using.

Does it also do this with the normal weapon skin?

I've verified that the orange tint is also present without the sheath. I do believe it's been there ever since the sheath was introduced into the game, though, so there's probably a connection.

The glow on the handle is affected by the weapon's energy colour.  Or at least it was when I just checked it out.

Whether or not the glow is supposed to be there is another matter.

Edited by Katinka

The glow on the handle is affected by the weapon's energy colour.  Or at least it was when I just checked it out.

Whether or not the glow is supposed to be there is another matter.

The glow on the handle is not the same as the weapon's energy color. I have checked and updated the OP with the information. 

The glow on the handle is not the same as the weapon's energy color. I have checked and updated the OP with the information. 

Double checked and yeah, sorry, you're right, sort of.  The Energy does affect it, but incorrectly.  If you set it to black the glow will be gone but if you set it to white it'll be orange.  Set it to a bright green from the Infested pallette and it'll be yellow.  Infested pinks make it red and Infested blues give an almost black purple.  This is a bug.  The same thing used to happen with a lot of the Tennogen skins but they did get fixed so hopefully this will too.

Black

tmPYJRY.jpg

White (Orange)

m5WTIiR.jpg

Green (yellow)

KcqBgWG.jpg

Pink (red)

6fWc1mn.jpg

Blue (black)

i1qmRyP.jpg

I'll just add that previously you could paint the delicate lines on the hilt... that formed a lotus symbol, you can't anymore,. Hilt is single color only and so is gone the lotus themed weapon... As I can see, the ones that bought the cosmetic sheath can still do it...

Seriously?

Edited by lukaself