Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tactical Alert: Phoenix Intercept (Escalation)

XeroOneThree

Question

Yep. And boy, was it hard. Best advice I can give is bring a Banshee and a Limbo. Banshee with max range can disable almost every enemy, while limbo banishes everyone so they don't die. After that, pick them off one by one with banish. Takes ages and not the fastest method, but it works.

Yep. And boy, was it hard. Best advice I can give is bring a Banshee and a Limbo. Banshee with max range can disable almost every enemy, while limbo banishes everyone so they don't die. After that, pick them off one by one with banish. Takes ages and not the fastest method, but it works.

Lol... this would be a colossal fail of time.

Our strategy:

Limbo- Duration  (Banish)

Banshee- Range  (Sound Quake)

Loki- Irradiated Disarm

Nova- Slow (Molecular Prime)

Its still tough as mistakes in the procedure ends very very badly.  But Limbo just needs to keep everyone banished and be ready to save people, during elimination phase, keep rift surge active and kill enemies one at a time.  Banshee Sound Quakes through the match until you have to kill the remaining enemies, then you need sonar to get max damage.  Loki just needs to disarm everything, when it comes time to kill, he just needs to do his thing.  Nova keeps the enemy slow and it deals extra damage.  

This felt like surgery as long as everyone does their part the job will get done.

Our strategy:

Limbo- Duration  (Banish)

Banshee- Range  (Sound Quake)

Loki- Irradiated Disarm

Nova- Slow (Molecular Prime)

Its still tough as mistakes in the procedure ends very very badly.  But Limbo just needs to keep everyone banished and be ready to save people, during elimination phase, keep rift surge active and kill enemies one at a time.  Banshee Sound Quakes through the match until you have to kill the remaining enemies, then you need sonar to get max damage.  Loki just needs to disarm everything, when it comes time to kill, he just needs to do his thing.  Nova keeps the enemy slow and it deals extra damage.  

This felt like surgery as long as everyone does their part the job will get done.

Nuff said. there are several combinations that totally cheese this alert. This is one of them. And man, it WORKS. WELL.

I was Banshee.

I had VERY good teammates. Which wasn't even required in the end. So imagine how "yawny" we were.

We facerolled this alert. Why? Because we had a good frame combination and just a little bit of coordination and idea of what we were going to do.

Scaling = HORRIBLE crutch. Get rid of it. When enemies one shot us, what do we do? We use frames with hard CC and COMPLETE damage mitigation. Which kinda sucks all the fun out of the game. Just saying.^^

This alert was like a code. All we had to do was break this code. There was no challenge. There was just a code, for us to break. And break it we did... We broke the broken scaling. We broke the broken core of WarGUNS. Now all you need to do dear devs, is fix it. And by "fix" I mean get rid of this idea that scaling is the answer. It's not. Really. It's not. You're far more than creative enough to do something good. You did it before. You can do it again. Some of us are being very "critical" because we love this game, we love YOU guys. We're just trying to make you understand that. Just in a sometimes very clumsy way.^^'

Edited by Marthrym

Regardless of what min-max meta strategies people are creating to get around it, it just isn't on.

I've been playing since it first entered closed beta and this is hands down the worst event/alert I've seen. Upping enemies health a crap ton doesn't make it a challenge, it makes it a chore. It'd be more of a challenge if it was just nothing but nullifiers as opposed to this ridiculous attempt at a challenge for the elite.

Above all else, it isn't fun. Bar some very elitist try-hards I haven't seen anyone who is getting a thrill or fun out of standing still and pressing 4. 

Regardless of what min-max meta strategies people are creating to get around it, it just isn't on.

I've been playing since it first entered closed beta and this is hands down the worst event/alert I've seen. Upping enemies health a crap ton doesn't make it a challenge, it makes it a chore. It'd be more of a challenge if it was just nothing but nullifiers as opposed to this ridiculous attempt at a challenge for the elite.

Above all else, it isn't fun. Bar some very elitist try-hards I haven't seen anyone who is getting a thrill or fun out of standing still and pressing 4. 

It took me about twelve trys to get the right team, but even that was enjoyable, especially earlier today when we made to the last wave, only to get wiped.  I had fun it was a nice change of pace.  You are right on one thing though, you absolutely have to have a cross warframe synergistic strategy to win, which isnt really that challenging when you know exactly how it will work out.  All in all, I was challenged, had some fun, and made some good friends today!

PS: dont get in the habit of this DE!

All I can really say is it's BS.

Fake difficulty is not fun. It never has been. Being forced down to 400 Conclave with melee only makes it even worse.

I joined a mission only to die before I even loaded in. Then watched everyone else get slaughtered within seconds.

I decided not to waste my time on it, as I figured it was just a bug that the enemies' were that high level. I was sorely mistaken, it seems. Not butthurt, just confusion as to why DE thought this was a good idea. Jacking enemy stats up in an attempt to make it harder has always felt... amateur'ish.

Sorry DE, this alert is just bad. There's ways to make something legitimately challenging without increasing the enemies' levels by 80+. If you're going to do this, force everyone to be melee with enemies at a ridiculous level, then all enemies should only be using melee too. That'd be a much more unique challenge (and a little less BS) than what it currently is.

Edited by Camelslayer

If you play as limbo, and use a maxed leveled galatine with Finishers Thouch (with all your maxed out damage slash mods ofcorse and maxed preasure point), and going into the rift for defence, tehn use Rift Surge, then send the selected enemy to the rift and while he/she get knocked down, use the down finisher move while channeling your melee. This will casue either instakill, or the bleed proc to be extremely strong wich kills the target. (There is an RNG chance for this ofcorse so keep that in mind)

For this to work, you also need Blind Rage (for the Rift Surge strength) and intensify, then you need continunity or primed continunity (if you have it), and if possible, get a Narrow Minded too. WIth these mods combined you sould be fine.

But here comes the real nutt kicker, you need lots of energy restore items (You also sould have a energy siphon installed while also in the rift for energy restore). Specters can also help to distract the enemies (An anceint Healer is a beast here).

Now, all you need now is patience. I currently havent completed the cahllange, but i done 2 waves so far solo.

Edited by Cebius

All I can really say is it's BS.

Fake difficulty is not fun. It never has been. Being forced down to 400 Conclave with melee only makes it even worse.

I joined a mission only to die before I even loaded in. Then watched everyone else get slaughtered within seconds.

I decided not to waste my time on it, as I figured it was just a bug that the enemies' were that high level. I was sorely mistaken, it seems. Not butthurt, just confusion as to why DE thought this was a good idea. Jacking enemy stats up in an attempt to make it harder has always felt... amateur'ish.

Sorry DE, this alert is just bad. There's ways to make something legitimately challenging without increasing the enemies' levels by 80+. If you're going to do this, force everyone to be melee with enemies at a ridiculous level, then all enemies should only be using melee too. That'd be a much more unique challenge (and a little less BS) than what it currently is.

DE is kinda mocking us, we have been using these strategies to rank up and get standing on Draco for over a month, and DE has watched us do it. They were probably curious to find out what exactly will stop us...and for most players this did the trick...but then there's the few that kept with it. I'm sure they gathered some pretty interesting data on this one.

From what I can see, it appears many people share my same views. This is the worst attempt at an event, it is a chore and not fun. At least Balor Fomorians attacking, were something completely new and did require some skill/good gear. 

The answer to people standing still and spamming the same power over and over, was them adding bombardiers and nullifiers, which are way too overpowered. Now, their events are encouraging bland gameplay. 

The flow of the gameplay in the void(which I used to love), for the people who didn't actually stand in one spot and just spam one power, was ruined by DE's solution to prevent players from just using a macro or sitting there pressing one button while reading the paper or texting friends. 

Now this event which basically forces us to use boring tactics? Tactical alerts should be exactly how they sound. Tactical. They should require a strategy. 

Like someone said above, I love you guys(DE) and the game, but I hate some of the poor choices that get implemented. Decisions that make us wonder, who comes up with these ideas? Are they really putting effort into their job? Maybe things should be voted on more, much like these little polls that get done during the Devstreams and Primetimes. 

Now I'm off to attempt this event, sounds like it is pretty easy and just a huge pain in the &#!. My reaction when I logged in, which I put in clan chat was, "Oh god, there is another tactical alert? Is it the same kind as the other one?"

My reaction SHOULD be. 

"Oh sweet, another tactical alert! Anyone want to run it with me? Has anyone done it yet, how fun is it?" I don't even assume it is fun anymore. You can do way better DE, seriously, as one Canadian to a bunch of others, what is up? There should be a huge desire in your hearts to put out things that make us want more and more. I'm about to hit Mastery Rank 17 and I don't really even care, cause I know that beyond that, right now there is much that I can't get my hands on as far as gear I've missed cause I only started in October. 

DONE!!

My Team:

Vauban (me)

Loki - Disarms and reviving while invisible

Nova - molec prime to slow the enemies

Ash - bladestorm to deal dmg

and some spectres and a crapload of energy restores.

For the benefit of those still trying, I will explain my part

the map layout is such that there are 2 towers in the middle of the map, where most of the action is, while the other 2 are further off to the side

as vauban, you will be spamming bastille and vortex. after capping all the towers, place bastille in the centre of the 2 towers in the middle of the map. place vortex just outside the tower area to drag the enemies out to prevent them frm capping it. you can also use vortex to cc clumps of enemies and to provide cover for your teammates when reviving others

Finished. Attempted to use Rage Kitty like in the first Alert... and did piddly amounts of damage.  So then we got a crew together.  Three of us using Corrosive Aura, being one Mag for Pull, one Nova for Slow, and one Loki(Me) for Disarm and quick Switch Teleports for the ones that are about to hit the switches.  Last one was a Limbo with Energy Regen, and  I brought a set of Team Energy Restores. Pretty much distract them until time-up, then either pull them off the cliff, or having the stuck ones ended by an invisible-boosted Loki.  So much cheese. Reminds me of the LoL Doom Bots.

Edited by OneMoreDaySK

Tried to run Valkyr, as such was the only one who didn't die. People got angry and raged out within 2 minutes of entering. 400 conclave cap means that people were going down INSTANTLY. Within the span of 6 minutes I think I saw around 8-9 people join and leave immediately after entering, the majority of which were Nyxes (Nyxii?) who were unable to stay standing for longer than 0.5 seconds. I did my best to revive everyone but that doesn't really help the situation when you're the only one up, the enemy has all the control points, and the person you just revived goes down about 2 seconds after you get them up.

The moment I saw that the Alert only allows the most useless class of melee weapons currently in the game (Scino P excluded) I simply walked away. The chore I'd have to put myself through to participate is not worth the effort (The sigil is the only remotely compeling reward, couldn't care less about the emblem or the stance)

Just my 2c.

Despite a lot of negatives on these forums, the challenge was well received.

They're not "negatives". They're "dissapointed". Very different.

The challenge is not real. The smoke screen is.

I'll say it again : there was no challenge. Just a code to break.

If we consider DE wanted things to be this way though, test our ability to cheese missions despite the use of cheap mechanics, then it was a resounding success indeed. Maybe this WAS a test, not of our "skill", but of our ability to effectively neutralize the enemy completely. To think and use cheesy "strategies" (more like frame combinations) to force our way through unfair mechanics. I think this alert was very instructive for everyone. It was for me and my mates. We had a lot of time to chat at least.

But if it was just "Hey look! This is our definition of challenge!", then it was an Epic fail.