Photo

Using Warframe Powers To Overcome In-Game Bugs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hammerhead_FireCaste

Hammerhead_FireCaste

Initiate

• PC Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

Hey, guys. First of all, I didn't really know where to put this topic so I just put it in the Bugs section where I thought it would serve it's purpose the best, and apologies if a topic like this is already out there.

Now let's get down to business.

Although the mods are working hard to fix the existing bugs, in the meantime here are some ways you can use your Warframe powers to overcome simple but game-interrupting bugs

1. Can't find enemies stuck within walls

This bug is especially painful on Defense missions. I've encountered them on Infestation defense missions(spaceship environment). You can hear the enemies, but you don't really know where they are, and sometimes, even the indicators on the map are misleading. You can't proceed to the next wave.

Loki's Decoy will fire towards the direction of an enemy that's close by(and by close by, I mean about roughly 1/3 the size of a spaceship defense map's main room. It also helps to follow the shot's trails. Once you know more or less where they are, an area damage ability like Mag's Crush will do the trick. No need to restart the mission!

2. Hostage suddenly refusing to move

This can be hair-pulling annoying at times. A simple remedy is to use Mag's Pull on the hostage and they should follow you. If they stop again, just Pull again.

I'll post more of these when I find them in-game. Feel free to add more if you find some too.

Happy bug-hunting, fellow Tenno mates!

#2 _Rue_

_Rue_

Gold Hunter

• Grand Master
  • 1903 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

lol thanks :)

#3 3ventic

3ventic

Gold Disciple

• Master
  • 499 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

I find it that if you're quick enough to rush to extraction, you can leave the hostage behind if he gets stuck on something.

#4 MyXmaN

MyXmaN

Silver Disciple

• Disciple
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

1) about stuck enemies.

Anyone with enemy radar mod or artifact can easily find a stuckie.

Other than that Banshee is your friend. Sonar will make enemies appear on minimap and sound quake will kill them no matter where they are, as long as you are close enough. It also kills them through walls. Both abilities have insane range with Reach mod (Sonar has smth around 60meter radius, so its quite easy to cover entire map when standing in the middle).

2) about the hostage.

my friend was successfully unstucking him with switch teleport as Loki.

#5 Hezekiah

Hezekiah

Silver Seeker

• Master
  • 622 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

If your melee moves lock up on you "IE the "E" key won't fire melee try swapping weapons, or firing off any ability.  This will immediately unlock the key again.

Hope that helps someone, great thread

#6 Reithur

Reithur

Gold Disciple

• Hunter
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

Good to know.  Was going to suggest the Loki Switch Teleport for stuck captives, but someone beat me to it.

#7 Tulzscha

Tulzscha

Dragon

• Community Moderator
  • 8347 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

I find it's better to just leave the brain dead hostage where he is when stuck and rush my way to extraction. It works better for me at least, playing as Ash with a maxed out Sprint mod recently.

#8 Rixile

Rixile

Novice

• Master
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

Another handy thing to bear in mind is that if you just press on the enemy that is stuck inside terrain will despawn and reappear elsewhere.