Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Buffs... When?

sappinmahsentry

Ever fought anything above level 20? Nah, exactly.

This, the Vectis deals more damage however, I only one shot until level 40, whereas my Sudacor still two shots then, I have to shoot the enemy about four times in the head if I don't crit.

i think i'd rather burst weapons get fixed first :<

Fm72zdi.jpg

When are these sniper buffs coming? I want a Vectis that's actually as good as a bow.

As you are referring to "these" Sniper buffs. There already were some.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/289522-update-1420-avalanche-offensive/?hl=snipetron

Some time since then, and I would agree, its not enough. I see people using bows on their own every now and then. But snipers? Not really.

Guessing when they will come? Considering Balance projects this far... I'd say not before August, as the soonest possible, but probably more 2017.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

But as seen on everything and recently Nullifiers, slow firing weapons are not really liked by DE I fear. (Although the Opticor is a nice exception)

Edited by Deus_X_Machina

As you are referring to "these" Sniper buffs. There already were some.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/289522-update-1420-avalanche-offensive/?hl=snipetron

Some time since then, and I would agree, its not enough. I see people using bows on their own every now and then. But snipers? Not really.

Guessing when they will come? Considering Balance projects this far... I'd say not before August, as the soonest possible, but probably more 2017.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

But as seen on everything and recently Nullifiers, slow firing weapons are not really liked by DE I fear. (Although the Opticor is a nice exception)

DE said they'd be coming soon. Just like with shotguns.

Soontm_zps34c4c647.png

Soontm_zps34c4c647.png

Soontm_zps34c4c647.png

Soontm_zps34c4c647.png

I think the dilemma is probably related to Primed Chamber and Lasting Purity, but not everyone has these mods, and the damage shouldn't be based around having them. At the same time, having them means doing even more insane damage, and a buff to all snipers only makes them even more desirable. The Vectis can be quite competitive DPS whether with Shred to hit multiple targets or without for better single-target damage, and even more so with Primed Chamber. The Vulkar actually performs very well with the Lasting Purity mod, almost on the same level as the Vectis without Primed Chamber.

I really hope they do get a buff though, something that focuses on what Snipers are actually intended for: long-range heavy burst damage. I wouldn't particularly mind Snipers being a tiny bit slower but hitting significantly harder provided the weapon swap speed was drastically increased to properly facilitate swapping to a pistol or melee for close-range engagements (Speed Holster shouldn't even be a thing).

Now, I hope shotguns get similar love for their area of focus, being intended for short-range, in-your-face burst damage, with Hek and charged Drakgoon being something of a go-between with more relaxed damage fall-off. Shotguns in general should feel extremely powerful at their intended range, but be reliant on sidearms or cover to get around their shorter range. Again, with increased weapon swap speed.

i think i'd rather burst weapons get fixed first :<

Fm72zdi.jpg

Oh man, all of my yes. Fire rate affecting time between bullets in the burst is long, long overdue. And Hind needs to actually be useful. The Gilded Truth mod for Burston Prime is like a gigantic joke when the time between bursts is already almost nil.

You know, at least give us a vectis prime that is competitive compared to a paris prime or a dread. Dealing 5-6 k damage is fine, but its really just about limiting yourself in higher levels. Why shoot 3-4 times when a single shot from the paris prime or dread can NAIL an entire row of enemies to the wall.

I dont know the DPS, but I have both the paris prime and dread formaed 4 times with potatos, the vectis is a bad joke compared to them.