Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guardian Of The Forest, Saltuarius ~Rooted Updated~

(XBOX)Clayton Peace

Saltuarius

The Forest Guardian

Look Deep into Nature, for then you will understand everything better” - Albert Einstein

Idea:

The idea behind Saltuarius, The Forest Guardian is a little bit of Tanky Druid with a heavy does of Nature. He is good for a simple solo run, but he more geared towards a team effort with some decent armor and great vitality he is good for standing on his own, but shades his allies from the harshness of the weather.

Name:

The Latin word Saltuarius, meaning “Keeper of the Forest”. Themed around the idea of nature and vitality with a druid like ideal. Saltuarius was just a no brainier for the name.

Base Statistics:

Health: 200.0 (465.0 at Rank 30)

Power: 125.0 (180.0 at Rank 30)

Armor: 350.0

Shield Capacity: 75.0 (160.0 at Rank 30)

Sprint Speed: .95

Stamina: 125.0

Polarities: x2 20px-Vazarin_Pol.svg.png

Aura Polarities: 20px-Naramon_Pol.svg.png

Abilities:

1. Wild Growth

Energy: 30

Strength: 3% / 7% / 11% / 15%

────────────────────

Duration: 10 / 13 / 19 / 21s──

────────────────────

Range: N/A────────────

• Saltuarius envelopes himself in a surging growth of nature energy. This personal Aura gives

•• him a Buff to Armor, Shield Regeneration, and Damage 3% / 7% / 11% / 15%

•••that increases the longer it lasts 10 / 13 / 19 / 21s.

2. Rooted

Energy: 20 / +3/s

Strength: 2% / 4% / 8% / 11%

────────────────────

Duration: N/A ──────────

────────────────────

Range: 15m / 18m / 24m / 29m

• Becoming a giving tree of life in the center of the battle field. Saltuarius emits waves

of health rejuvenating and energy restoring nature energies at 2% / 4% / 8% / 11%

of allies current maxes. At the cost of his free movement and doubling his Armor value,

he will absorb the nutrition around him and using his own energy 20 / +3/s,

synthesis a aura for his allies around him 15m / 18m / 24m / 29m

3. Creeping Lichen – Saltuarius releases spores of Corrosive blighting lichen that will eat away at the enemies armor and slow their movements. Creating combat opening and weakening them at the same time.

4. Grand Emergence - A violent eruption of nature all around Saltuarius entangles and smashes enemies weak enough to die out right, and entangling others for a set amount of time. The root like vines will absorb any blood from felled enemies, giving Saltuarius health regeneration for a set amount of time after each enemy has been crushed.

It is late and this is the very start of my very first Forum Official Warframe Concept. If you have Questions or ideas please feel free to add them. I will be expanding on the Abilities here tomorrow when I get home, if you have Rank Scaling Suggestions for them or ideas to modify them please let me know. I will be adding the Rankings for them in the spoilers soon to come. If you need a description of looks please just pm I will explain there, till I get the chance to get a detailed typed version laid out. But till then just think forest tank druid awesomeness.

^__^

Tenno out

~~Change Log~~

- 3/9/15 -

• Updated Rooting with a laid out detailed version

• fixed a few typoes

- 3/5/15 -

• Wrote up a more detailed version of Wild Growth

• Cleaned up OP a little

- 3/4/15 -

• Changed Max Health: 500.0 → 465.0 15pts higher than the max in game to current

• Changed Armor: 450.0 → 350.0

• Changed Max Shields: 200.0 → 160.0

Edited by (XB1)Clayton Peace

Cool concept kinda reminds me of hashiram senju like abilities lol. But yeah has great end game potential.

haha yea about that. That is where I got the name for the Ultimate ability. I based some of the ideas loosely off of him. Then I found Flora hahaha and I was just dumbfounded how we thought of similar things... like almost two sides of the same coin. 

But that aside, I like the playing of Frost and I like the playing of Oberon so I wanted to make a mish mash of them but I wanted a twist and I though ... plants would be cool... forest. I like forests, hmmmm who also uses forests... ahhhhh, then I went to town typing and came up with Saltuarius. He can take the hits and dish out the damage if need be and most of all he can keep the party sustained. If you have any ideas I am most certainly open to them.

i feel liked the base stats are really high.

both the hp and armor will be the highest in the game considering ash and zephyr have 450 which is the current highest and the highest armor currently is held by valkyr with 300. 450 is really ridiculous. and considering he still has more shield than valkyr i think the stats are pretty high. other than that the frame looks good :)

Edited by MrPigman

i feel liked the base stats are really high.

both the hp and armor will be the highest in the game considering ash and zephyr have 450 which is the current highest and the highest armor currently is held by valkyr with 300. 450 is really ridiculous. and considering he still has more shield than valkyr i think the stats are pretty high. other than that the frame looks good :)

I will work on balancing that, I was looking at it for the support basis of the "Rooted" Ability, which would make him a pretty target not being able to move, and he gains none of those buffs. That is too the team, however, I felt the same way about them being a little. High, please thos you are the Veteran here if you have a suggest I would be all ears friend ^__^ honored you commented.

EDIT: Valkyr has a base armor value of 600.0 <_< not trying to be rude... just wanted to point that out

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Valkyr_(Warframe)

~UPDATE 3/5/15~

As I go through and flush out the powers I will continue to update the title add anything I have modified to the change log at the bottom of the OP and give small progress update posts like this one.

Thank you for your time looking at my Concept Fellow Tenno, Tell me what you think so far, give me ideas, Balancing issues, different abilities he could have. Let me know what you think about Ability Augment Mods he could have as well if you are all satisfied with the Abilities I have. Also please note that the details on the Abilities are just memory place holders for myself. They are in no way set in stone they are just there to Remind me what my train of thought was and to convey what the power can or could do.

Have a great night Tenno ^__^

still lookin' good! noticed a bit of a typo though! blightning should be spelled blighting, unless of course you mean lightning that carries a blight.

Sorry for the late response to this, I have adjudicated the problem ^_^ 

ALSO I have updated the OP with some more information. To everyone please feel free to let me know what you think, what could be changed, things that could be tweaked. If you have a better idea from some abilities please let me know. If you have an idea of what it could look like feel free to draw it and post it. all are welcome to discuss here ^__^