Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Synoid Gammacor Too Op?

prodavit

Yes I have one and when ever I sell one 10 people jump at me. So no I'm not jealus that I can't get one.

the thing is that this weapon is so op that it's even better than the boltor prime. and does not need half the skill. just hold fire and spam the beam.

does anyone other than me think this weapon is too powerful for its own good.

some people in DE even said that it's a mistake for making the boltor prime so powerful and now this weapon is even more powerful and it's a sidearm

idk maybe I'm being a kill joy, so just want to know what you guys think.

before posting I want you guys to get rid of your player's opinion and look at it from a third party point of view and see if this weapon will ruin the game.

also ask your self if it would ruin the game if they make every weapon in the game so powerful that it can one shot level 60 enemy.

well with the ever raising scalling enemies. Weapon like the synoid gammacor is a must have if you plan to stay effective for a longer time in mission like survival and defence. So should it be nerf the answer is no, why, well the enemies continue to raise amor, health with the time.

The day that there will be a cap on amor, health then yes a nerf will be welcome, but for now its fine.

It took 6 forma for mine to come close to being good. even then because of my radiation set up its not so good on infested.

6 formas? I only need to put in one to get it to a point that it will kill a level 35 enemy with one hit

did you not potato the weapon?

It gets sell offers of 50p in Oceania region. I've seen two offers today of straight swaps for Syndicate Castana's and Ballistica.

That doesn't mean it's not OP, but it's no longer attracting the primium it did.

6 formas? I only need to put in one to get it to a point that it will kill a level 35 enemy with one hit

did you not potato the weapon?

Taking such low level as a example is not really valid. MOST of the weapons can 1 shot at that level.

Contrary to popular belief, Boltor Prime is still not the strongest weapon there is. I love the fact that Boltor Prime is strong, but for reasons not for power. (Boltor was the second primary I ever used so it amuses me how Boltor Prime ended up.) Phage, for example, can outclass Synoid Gammacor quite easily. Then there's the fact that there are quite a few extremely high burst damage weapons which, as you might imagine, will out damage Synoid Gammacor in that sense.

I have the Synoid Gammacor and I do believe its damage is quite ridiculous for a secondary. Should be toned down 100 damage to bring it more in line with other "upgraded" weapons.

Edit: 200 reduction is too much. I'd take a 100 reduction to it.

Edited by (PS4)ToastyFairy01

well with the ever raising scalling enemies. Weapon like the synoid gammacor is a must have if you plan to stay effective for a longer time in mission like survival and defence. So should it be nerf the answer is no, why, well the enemies continue to raise amor, health with the time.

The day that there will be a cap on amor, health then yes a nerf will be welcome, but for now its fine.

The ever scaling enemies are caused by weapons like Synoid Gammacor. If the best weapon was just 2-3 times better than the worst (rather than 50 times better) the enemies would scale less.

It's probably the player base pushing DE to drive Warfame of the road and into the abyss.

Warfarme has gained many new shiny features since 2 years ago, but lost many of the features that made it good to begin with. :/

what about the two variations of the merlok those are op to why not nerf everything to 40 to 30 damage then we will all only play the lvl 1 to 50? well?

no and here's the reason. marelok and a max mag of 6 and you can't just spam fire to kill everything in front of you. Also you need to aim and it does take skill to use.

yes marelok is powerful and the V marelok is even more powerful but it's a syndicate weapon and it sould be alittle op

S gammacore is so OP that it even blow the marelok far out of the water and does not need any skill to use. Marelok need skill to use, you need to be able to aim the weapon and you run out of ammo really fast and have to reload.

The ever scaling enemies are caused by weapons like Synoid Gammacor. If the best weapon was just 2-3 times better than the worst (rather than 50 times better) the enemies would scale less.

It's probably the player base pushing DE to drive Warfame of the road and into the abyss.

Warfarme has gained many new shiny features since 2 years ago, but lost many of the features that made it good to begin with. :/

The ever scaling enemies were there even before those type of weapons, don't act like they were the cause,because they aren't. DE does that type of scaling because that's what they chose as a way to make content ''challenging''.

No idea of why the player base is responsible of what DE does...

Contrary to popular belief, Boltor Prime is still not the strongest weapon there is. I love the fact that Boltor Prime is strong, but for reasons not for power. (Boltor was the second primary I ever used so it amuses me how Boltor Prime ended up.) Phage, for example, can outclass Synoid Gammacor quite easily. Then there's the fact that there are quite a few extremely high burst damage weapons which, as you might imagine, will out damage Synoid Gammacor in that sense.

I have the Synoid Gammacor and I do believe its damage is quite ridiculous for a secondary. Should be toned down 100 damage to bring it more in line with other "upgraded" weapons.

Edit: 200 reduction is too much. I'd take a 100 reduction to it.

So you'd reduce its damage from 210 to 110? Again, this would make it worse than the normal Gammacor its supposed to be an upgrade to.

Base damage is not the only stat that matters, other stats should be looked at as well, without just butchering the base damage.

Oh, it's this thread again...

Let's talk stats and how it effectively is.

OP compared Synoid Gammacor to Boltor Prime, so let Boltor Prime be our "balanced" base.

Synoid Gammacor has 210 damage per shot, compared to 55 damage of Boltor Prime (pretty much 300% more than Boltor Prime).

Synoid Gammacor shoots at the rate of 2 shots per second while Boltor P has base of 10 rounds per second, having effectively 400% more firerate.

This leaves us with base of 420DPS for Gammacor and 550DPS for Boltor Prime, HOWEVER.

Gammacor has this god damned MAGNETIC damage base, which sucks pretty much against everything but shields, while Puncture damage is usually considered "the best damage type because of increased damage against armor" (bullS#&$, Slash is the best).

Then Gammacor has hardcapped 25m range while BoltorP range is limited only by it's user.

Ammo efficiency? I've never heard someone run out of ammo with Boltor Prime until very late waves, where everything that counts is not raw dps but crowd control. But we need to give Gammacor some credit for having 75 round mag of pretty much the most common ammo type and very low ammo usage.

But hey! Back to DPS! You know what else counts with Gammacor? This is a damn continuous weapon, continuous weapons are know for their god damn inconsistent damage and the fan favourite damage delay.

What makes Synoid Gammacor superior to Boltor Prime anyway? Damn pistol mods, offering pretty 280% multishot and +220% damage compared to 190% multishot and +165% damage of rifles (excluding corrupted mods, as HCal leads to lower effective DPS due to missed shots, like anyone cares).

Gammacor is pretty much fine, and if someone would ever consider nerfing it, nerf the ammo efficiency. We have many other weapons with higher DPS and no one cares about them because you simply can't hold the trigger and wait for the crowd in front of you to die.

Edited by Mofixil

So you'd reduce its damage from 210 to 110? Again, this would make it worse than the normal Gammacor its supposed to be an upgrade to.

Base damage is not the only stat that matters, other stats should be looked at as well, without just butchering the base damage.

As I remember, Gammacor does 50 damage these days while the Synoid Gammacor does 210.

210-100=110. 110 > 50

It would still be stronger than the standard Gammacor without having a ridiculous scaling with its damage. The fact that it is innately Magnetic makes it strong as it is against shielded enemies. Coupled with Corrosive, it melts nearly everything in the Void without any issues. Its (Synoid Gammacor) base damage is high enough to where it allows very high elemental damage that is greater than a good number of primary weapons all the while having the ammo consumption of Phage.

As I remember, Gammacor does 50 damage these days while the Synoid Gammacor does 210.

210-100=110. 110 > 50

It would still be stronger than the standard Gammacor without having a ridiculous scaling with its damage. The fact that it is innately Magnetic makes it strong as it is against shielded enemies. Coupled with Corrosive, it melts nearly everything in the Void without any issues. Its (Synoid Gammacor) base damage is high enough to where it allows very high elemental damage that is greater than a good number of primary weapons all the while having the ammo consumption of Phage.

The Synoid Gammacor also has 40% of the normal Gammacor's rate of fire. Reducing the damage from 210 to 110 would make it do less DPS than the weapon its supposed to be the upgrade of.