Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Needs To Give Us Better, More Powerful Weapons

(PSN)Abhijith_Jose101

Hi im just a regular ps4 tenno but I have statement I want to make so I hope people acuallty hear me out please.

I absolutely disagree with the idea about noobs with high tier weapons. Maybe I don’t know exactly how it feels to be a veteran and have an awesome gun you’ve been farming for a long time and see like a mastery rank 0 with the same thing, but I am a mastery rank 8 (im pretty sure many people still consider me a noob).

I use the boltor prime, defintitely not my favorate at all. When I was a noob noob(like level 3 or something) I saw some of Calypso’s and Mogamu’s youtube videos so I thought it was a realy cool weapon. It wasn’t that strong when I first started using it but after a couple forma, it became really strong, like I mean REALLY strong. Even though I am just a level 8, BARELY, my conclave is can go up to like 1629.

That’s pretty high for my level and I’ve only seen EXTREMELY FEW people with that high conclave  and level 8, (yeah I know to most people conclave doesn’t mean anything, but please don’t rage too much on me) so yeah. This really defeats the whole purpose of the game. Its no fun when you 1-hit kill everything only until the 40 minute mark on a t4 Survival. That’s means you acutally play the game ONLY after doing pretty much nothing for 40 MINUTES! I really don’t like that at all so I don’t use my Boltor prime that much.

I normally use my Paris prime or Soma prime(it took me a REALLY long time getting the parts) a lot on normal to difficult missions, because the boltor p just gets boring after a while.The ONLY reason I even go near using my Bolotor again is for like really high T4 Survivals, which brings me to my real point. If you’re not really the best at always landing headshots every single time under pressure on like 1 hr t4 S with the Paris Prime or Dread, then the boltor prime is really the only thing you can acutally use at the moment.

Lets be honest, any crappy weapon can be good and utilized when catalased and formed, with the right mods, but just face it, even though your 8-forma synapse or soma p can get some really high crits, the boltor prime can virtually always out DPS it if modded right in a T4 Survival (I am mentioning t4 surv A LOT because that pretty much is the only thing I play, the solar map just get too easy), because of the crazy puncture rating of the Boltor. I just get tired of using it in those situations so I just wish DE can change some things. What I would like is some weapons that normally seem like meh, but has high potential so when really worked on with mods and forma, it becomes near really over-powered.

This is the kind of weapons we really need. So that noobs use these weapons its OK but pros are able to actually exploit the amazing potential of them so that the boltor prime isn’t the only weapon of choice for those situations. I hope people actually take this idea seriously and I hope DE will take this seriously too.

#EDIT#- put spaces... lol

Edited by (PS4)Abhijith_Jose101

Hi im just a regular ps4 tenno but I have statement I want to make so I hope people acuallty hear me out please. I absolutely disagree with the idea about noobs with high tier weapons. Maybe I don’t know exactly how it feels to be a veteran and have an awesome gun you’ve been farming for a long time and see like a mastery rank 0 with the same thing, but I am a mastery rank 8 (im pretty sure many people still consider me a noob). I use the boltor prime, defintitely not my favorate at all. When I was a noob noob(like level 3 or something) I saw some of Calypso’s and Mogamu’s youtube videos so I thought it was a realy cool weapon. It wasn’t that strong when I first started using it but after a couple forma, it became really strong, like I mean REALLY strong. Even though I am just a level 8, BARELY, my conclave is can go up to like 1629. That’s pretty high for my level and I’ve only seen EXTREMELY FEW people with that high conclave  and level 8, (yeah I know to most people conclave doesn’t mean anything, but please don’t rage too much on me) so yeah. This really defeats the whole purpose of the game. Its no fun when you 1-hit kill everything only until the 40 minute mark on a t4 Survival. That’s means you acutally play the game ONLY after doing pretty much nothing for 40 MINUTES! I really don’t like that at all so I don’t use my Boltor prime that much. I normally use my Paris prime or Soma prime(it took me a REALLY long time getting the parts) a lot on normal to difficult missions, because the boltor p just gets boring after a while.The ONLY reason I even go near using my Bolotor again is for like really high T4 Survivals, which brings me to my real point. If you’re not really the best at always landing headshots every single time under pressure on like 1 hr t4 S with the Paris Prime or Dread, then the boltor prime is really the only thing you can acutally use at the moment. Lets be honest, any crappy weapon can be good and utilized when catalased and formed, with the right mods, but just face it, even though your 8-forma synapse or soma p can get some really high crits, the boltor prime can virtually always out DPS it if modded right in a T4 Survival (I am mentioning t4 surv A LOT because that pretty much is the only thing I play, the solar map just get too easy), because of the crazy puncture rating of the Boltor. I just get tired of using it in those situations so I just wish DE can change some things. What I would like is some weapons that normally seem like meh, but has high potential so when really worked on with mods and forma, it becomes near really over-powered. This is the kind of weapons we really need. So that noobs use these weapons its OK but pros are able to actually exploit the amazing potential of them so that the boltor prime isn’t the only weapon of choice for those situations. I hope people actually take this idea seriously and I hope DE will take this seriously too.

Dude, your conclave score has nothing to do with Mastery Rank. Maxed stuff is maxed stuff, regardless of what Mastery Rank you are. And you're bound to have a high conclave score if you're running maxed out stuff with good mods. As for stronger weapons, I don't think we need them. Stronger melee weapons, sure, but other than that, nope. I think that there should be a limit to how strong enemies are, and that warframes need a buff to armor. Many warframes are too squishy at high levels, making those levels ideal for only a handful of Warframes. All Warframes need to be viable for high levels - that's balance - and right now, that's not the case.

To guys like Vargras, Yes, powercreep is bad, but that includes enemy powercreep, not just player powercreep. And enemy powercreep is worse than any player powercreep in this game.

The boltor prime....lol  Does it go well with your Rhino Prime and Orthos Prime?  More XP locked weapons would be a good thing.  News flash guys MR0 players don't belong in T4....

EDIT: As to the Conclave thing....I don't take much stock in it either....having mods with high conclaves doesn't make you good.  I've said it before and I'll likely say it again but the difference between noobs and vets is that vets understand that the player makes the mods not the mods make the player.

Edited by (PS4)jwernecke

So...

I tried to read what you said and it seems... kinda rambling and incoherent... 

You talk about conclave how it doesn't matter, bring up the boltor, say the game is too easy, say its too hard without the boltor then ask for a stronger guns?

Edited by immolator1001

Hi im just a regular ps4 tenno but I have statement I want to make so I hope people acuallty hear me out please.

I absolutely disagree with the idea about noobs with high tier weapons. Maybe I don’t know exactly how it feels to be a veteran and have an awesome gun you’ve been farming for a long time and see like a mastery rank 0 with the same thing, but I am a mastery rank 8 (im pretty sure many people still consider me a noob).

I use the boltor prime, defintitely not my favorate at all. When I was a noob noob(like level 3 or something) I saw some of Calypso’s and Mogamu’s youtube videos so I thought it was a realy cool weapon. It wasn’t that strong when I first started using it but after a couple forma, it became really strong, like I mean REALLY strong. Even though I am just a level 8, BARELY, my conclave is can go up to like 1629.

That’s pretty high for my level and I’ve only seen EXTREMELY FEW people with that high conclave  and level 8, (yeah I know to most people conclave doesn’t mean anything, but please don’t rage too much on me) so yeah. This really defeats the whole purpose of the game. Its no fun when you 1-hit kill everything only until the 40 minute mark on a t4 Survival. That’s means you acutally play the game ONLY after doing pretty much nothing for 40 MINUTES! I really don’t like that at all so I don’t use my Boltor prime that much.

I normally use my Paris prime or Soma prime(it took me a REALLY long time getting the parts) a lot on normal to difficult missions, because the boltor p just gets boring after a while.The ONLY reason I even go near using my Bolotor again is for like really high T4 Survivals, which brings me to my real point. If you’re not really the best at always landing headshots every single time under pressure on like 1 hr t4 S with the Paris Prime or Dread, then the boltor prime is really the only thing you can acutally use at the moment.

Lets be honest, any crappy weapon can be good and utilized when catalased and formed, with the right mods, but just face it, even though your 8-forma synapse or soma p can get some really high crits, the boltor prime can virtually always out DPS it if modded right in a T4 Survival (I am mentioning t4 surv A LOT because that pretty much is the only thing I play, the solar map just get too easy), because of the crazy puncture rating of the Boltor. I just get tired of using it in those situations so I just wish DE can change some things. What I would like is some weapons that normally seem like meh, but has high potential so when really worked on with mods and forma, it becomes near really over-powered.

This is the kind of weapons we really need. So that noobs use these weapons its OK but pros are able to actually exploit the amazing potential of them so that the boltor prime isn’t the only weapon of choice for those situations. I hope people actually take this idea seriously and I hope DE will take this seriously too.

#EDIT#- put spaces... lol

Your argument suggest the Boltor Prime should be nerfed, because that would be the quicker solution with the same result of validating other weapons.

The boltor prime....lol  Does it go well with your Rhino Prime and Orthos Prime?  More XP locked weapons would be a good thing.  News flash guys MR0 players don't belong in T4....

Because MR is a determining factor in how good someone's frame and weapons are? Because MR determines what mods someone has on their frame? Because MR determines someone's skill? Is that why an MR0 player (and probably MR1-8, in your opinion, as well, am I correct?) doesn't belong in T4?

Because MR is a determining factor in how good someone's frame and weapons are? Because MR determines what mods someone has on their frame? Because MR determines someone's skill? Is that why an MR0 player (and probably MR1-8, in your opinion, as well, am I correct?) doesn't belong in T4?

Don't assume you know my opinions please because you don't.  I feel that at MR0 thru about 4-5ish you are learning the concept, how to mod, and developing your own strategy for playing the game.  Get a good handle on the game before you start rolling with Lvl 40 plus enemies.  I think that is one of the biggest reasons for "young" players leaving.  You get dragged into T4 survival and told "oh its okay if you go down"  however after about the 10th time you are bored and done with the game and start getting the idea that if this is all this game is then screw it.

MR doesnt show skill but experience with frames. 

Speaking from experience I saw MR 6 players who only used ash/rhino. They have NO clue whatsoever of what other frames can do and how to adapt to situations. 

For me, that is the sole reason I dont ever invite <MR6 in any mission. I want players that know what other frames can do and adapt to certain play-stiles that are out of their comfort zone. Believe me, MR 0-8 dont do that.

Get a Serration, we don't need stronger weapons.

THIS....this is the "balance" that everyone cries about on here.  It takes a great deal of work to have a max serration.  In the time you spend getting cores and credits enough to max it out you have been building yourself as a player into something formidable....

MR doesnt show skill but experience with frames. 

Speaking from experience I saw MR 6 players who only used ash/rhino. They have NO clue whatsoever of what other frames can do and how to adapt to situations. 

For me, that is the sole reason I dont ever invite <MR6 in any mission. I want players that know what other frames can do and adapt to certain play-stiles that are out of their comfort zone. Believe me, MR 0-8 dont do that.

I was rolling with an MR10 last night and it was all, Rhino this, Ash that, and Frosty the slowman is the greatest frame in the game....blah blah....

Edited by (PS4)jwernecke

Our weapons are extremely powerful for intended content (being level 40, but moving to around level 80). Those 1-40 levels can be conquered with a Mk-1 Braton, if forma'd well. 

My argument is enemy scaling as well as weapon balance both need a rework/tweaking.

I like the idea of rebalancing but I'm very worried about the road to get there....I would hate to see the game near ruin because of trying to rebuild the entire thing....not real sure I want a total rebuild.  I love Warframe....if you change the foundation of it are we still playing warframe?

Just gonna put it like this: Back before rhino prime was released, we were in the current state: Nothing new on deck as an uber update was worked on.

So you know what I did? I formaed stuff.

I formaed things I liked.

I ran out of meaningful ways to do that.

So I formaed things that were interesting (candy cane PRIME FTW!)

I ran out of meaningful ways to do that, too.

So I took my mk-1 braton, and I threw a catalyst on it, and I started throwing forma on it, too. Mk-1 braton, n00best weapon there was at the time. (Still is, really), as it was standard-issue for starting up the game.

It turns out when you're a pro player and you actually spend some effort throwing forma at the n00batron, it's a power house that's able to rip down high-level void enemies in seconds flat. Now, to be technical, there is a numeric advantage with, well, all other weapons in the game. The way the multipliers work and so forth it will never be "the absolute bestest gun in the game" on paper.

That fact does *not* mean that I cannot mow down enemies at insane rates with my trusty MK-1 Braton. In fact, my MK-1 could outperform most weapons held by most other players, merely because of how much effort I'd put into modding it to become a beast. I'm not actually a huge fan of the MK-1 Brat, but if they ever release a tactical alert forcing us to use that, and only that, I'm going to first laugh, and then shred everything like it's made of paper.

It is not a function of the gun itself, but the ability to trick it out insanely with just a few forma that makes weapons really shine in combat.

Mastery rank is determined by how many weapons, sentinels, and warframes of various categories youve managed to max out. It really has nothing to do with whether you're a newbie or not. You can have one frame and multiple weapons, or multiple frames, but only one beginning weapon set. As long as you max whatever you have, that is what builds mastery.

If you think Boltor Prime is strong, then I'm assuming you haven't seen much of Angstrum at it's best (although, it'd be great if it killed more targets than it killed of players, half the time). :P And Angstrum is an insanely powerful weapon you can get at an insanely low mastery rank (4). Heck. I was sporting it around at rank 5-6, and to this day, it's still my go-to weapon. Because I've already maxed it, I'm not going to get anymore mastery from it, but I'll tell you right now, it's my most trusted weapon next to my Orthos Prime and Tipedo. I RARELY go anywhere without it. And I mean RARELY.

Because of instances like that, no matter how good someone may be, their Mastery won't increase until they choose something different. That doesn't necessarily make them newbies though. :)

If lower rank Tenno were forbid to have powerful weapons at early levels, they'd be stuck in more of a rut. Granted, not all of the lower rank weapons are as powerful as higher rank weapons, but once you reach MR 8 (so far, anyway), you basically have access to any weapon--weak OR powerful, in the game. There are weapons that are already insanely strong, and if you're complaining about that, then no harshness intended, but your title is very misleading.

However, if you feel like you should have a weaker weapon, simply choose one a little weaker. It's an easy fix with as many weapons as there are. :)

(To clarify, to me it sounded like your title said you wanted more powerful weapons, but in your post, you sounded like you were complaining about it. I went with the context of complaint, so if I'm incorrect in my assumption, I'd be happy if you could clear that up a little.)

Edited by DaganEldr

I'm not actually a huge fan of the MK-1 Brat, but if they ever release a tactical alert forcing us to use that, and only that, I'm going to first laugh, and then shred everything like it's made of paper.

At least we know it's one of the few weapons that's going to be pvp legal from launch, so there's always that use for it, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

I was rolling with an MR10 last night and it was all, Rhino this, Ash that, and Frosty the slowman is the greatest frame in the game....blah blah....

I rolled with MR11 and MR12 players in a low-level survival yesterday who tried to tell me how camping in one spot was the best way to play and gain XP, while enemies barely came to them. Yeah, so much for MR being a determining factor for skill or experience. I'd rather play with a lower-ranked, one-frame player who has mastered the use of one frame (ANY frame, not necessarily Rhino or Ash or Excalibur or Nova or Loki, etc) than a high mastery player who has maxed-and-discarded several frames/weapons and still plays like a noob. 

I know.. one of my.. ex-friends is MR13 and he ONLY plays rhino. ONLY. He`s got excal for Draco farm, also Oberon for buff.. but omg.. I hate his play-stile.. so.. damn.. much

I like the idea of rebalancing but I'm very worried about the road to get there....I would hate to see the game near ruin because of trying to rebuild the entire thing....not real sure I want a total rebuild.  I love Warframe....if you change the foundation of it are we still playing warframe?

It's a tough road, for sure, but it is not as if enemy scaling hadn't been changed in the past, and, from what I can determine, for the better.

The main gripe I have is that enemies are endlessly exponential. While I certainly wouldn't want for there to be the ability to endlessly play an actual endless mission type, an exponential expansive enemy is mainly used, in my experience, to equipment gate players (where this doesn't apply to Warframe all that harshly). The player is multiplicative-ly (linearly) expansive. 

It is a common headbutt of stats with these two systems.