Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept + Tenno Styled Concepts Part 6: Brutus The True Tank / Tenno Heavy Axe (In Progress)

Scharkie

Welcome to the 6th and last part of my Tenno styled concepts (for now).

Part 6:

3iEaMWv.png

rDwybDW.png

Featuring BRUTUS & ROMELUS The Tenno tank and its little helper.

Brutus is a huge Tenno capable of great offensive and defensive skills.

Romelus is Brutus little helper, hes capable of sneaking behind enemy lines and killing primary targets fast and stealthy.

LvMcNtu.png

j8fgB1I.png

Health: 60

Shields: 300

Armor: 170

Energy: 70

Stamina: 50

YcjzKF2.png

Catch

rl2ErJF.png

jjVKfaE.gif

Costs: 25 energy

Short Description:

Brutus grabs a grenade from his belt, wich explodes with great damage on the assigned point of impact.

How the ability works:

Once pressing the first skill button Brutus will grab a grenade and make himself ready to throw it, once ready the player will see an advanced aiming hud wich will help making the best shot for maximal use. The grenade itself will explode upon impact with a object, enemy or map. The grenade does Impact damage, making it very usefull to stagger great groups of enemies.

Phalanx

wkTmnYP.png

dcmWY9i.png

Costs: 50 energy and drains per second

Short Description:

Brutus will cast an huge shield from his arms wich covers a great are in front of him.

How the ability works:

Once activated Brutus will engage his shield generators placed upon his gauntlets, this shield will block all incoming damage infront of the shield.  All Allies can shoot through this shield (making it the most usefull pushing together with Brutus through tight corridors). bRuts can slowly turn around and move forward when this skill is active

Positioning:

8X9MAgd.png

Romelus

sXaSySd.png

bV6zdA5.png

Costs: 75 energy and stays active for 30 seconds

Short Description:

Summon Romelus from the back of Brutus, this small Tenno minion is capable of moving unseen through enemy territory. Cause of Romelus its size he wont be targeted making him ideal to pick out enemies one by one.

How the ability works:

Romelus will drop from Brutus his back, once active Romelus works like any other frame, he can walk, shoot & melee.

Romelus has its owns weapons:

-A dual dagger set

-Dual Pistols

DfTQbVK.png

jm1CVrc.png

9osPeny.png

Romelus doesnt have any health or shields, this is because he wont be targeted by the enemy cause of his size.

While this skill is active Brutus is an easy target making use of this skill a great risk(once Romelus is deployed Brutus will be unable to move or do any actions)

Positioning:

Romelus is Posstioned in the middle of Brutus his back

3mUoC1d.png

Wmu1zPX.png

Centurion

oGm1qqZ.png

5UzYcv9.png

Costs: 50 energy Drains 5 energy each shot

Short Description:

Brutus Bends over and take an immobile position whilst activating his "Centurion'' Rifle, Romelus will take control of the rifle.

How the ability works:

Once active the player cant move nor attack normally, this is replaced by using the Centurion rifle wich needs 5 seconds setup time. After that Romelus will take control of the rifle and the player will then be able to move the rifle around like any normal weapon. This weapon shoots pure Tenno energy at its enemies meaning every shot consumes energy, the only profit of this is that this kind of bullets do massive damage upon impact. (the rifle fires like a railgun)

Positioning:

OKJ2L1a.png

YWiXr4i.png

81tUT5c.png

tRUlKkP.png

Front

rlhYPt2.png

Back

8rOSln4.png

Side

yU3g9wJ.png

hU8HQtX.png

All items on back:

kXJFiHU.png

Ju1SVbg.png

W3EuP7O.png

KvphMj5.png

GOApES6.jpg

Rhino Colors

RTUpUyT.png

Oberon Colors

qeGmSMk.png

EfuTYDt.png

Main:

drLdNnb.png

Alt Helmet 1:

PWJrhpo.png

6iWtff0.png

Alt Helmet 2:

ke4rpZS.png

VzDTkhI.png

gOiF8C5.png

Coming Soon

Brutus and Romelus are both open for Feedback and commenting so feel free to like any ideas.

Currently working on:

-Lore

Bonus Weapon:

Heavy Tenno Axe:

The weapon of choice for Brutus, Slow and deadly jsut like himself

muhR0WF.png

Main Topic can be found here featuring my other parts:

https://forums.warfr...pts-main-topic/

Tv6NZ8A.png

Edited by Scharkie1333

Appearancewise it looks more World of Warcraft than Warframe (A Paladin tier-set of sort)

Not saying that as an insult, I love me some WoW, and WoW artstyle/design, but I don't see this design in Warframe.

yeah he kinda has a differant style, but hey tenno styles changes all the time (take a look at mesa / excalibur for example the style sure has changed a bit)

Tiny appearance suggestion:

The spikes on his boots seem to stick out a bit far, seems a little awkward. Consider making them about half as long? I would think it would be hard to walk with giant toe spikes.

Abilities:

I like the idea of at least one frame being able to throw actual grenades, though I would hope it would actually be a secondary someday, so any frame can throw grenades (NOT Castanas, mind you). I would also like to see it cause some brief crowd control, like a ragdoll/knockback or short 5-6 second blind in a limited area.

Phalanx seems brilliant, sort of the in-between of Frost's Snow Globe and Volt's Shield, but mobile. It has its own drawbacks: it leaves your back and sides open, and sort of relies on friendlies working in tandem.

The third, though, I can't quite see on a frame of this sort. 3 makes you invincible for ~30 seconds while you safely pilot a Sentinel and backstab/shoot up enemies without consequence? It seems really strange, without drawback other than maybe not killing very quickly. Seems like it would be a more fitting idea for an entirely different frame, but I'm not sure if I'm more bothered by it not being very fitting of this type of frame, or making the frame itself invincible while you play with it.

The fourth seems fun, but I don't think it very fitting for this kind of frame either. But working with it, maybe more like an overcharged Opticor than a railgun? Accurate, large beam hits a rather large cylinder in the desired direction, and when it hits terrain, it causes a large explosion (except one enemy's body can't block the explosion from hurting another like with Ogris).

Tiny appearance suggestion:

The spikes on his boots seem to stick out a bit far, seems a little awkward. Consider making them about half as long? I would think it would be hard to walk with giant toe spikes.

Abilities:

I like the idea of at least one frame being able to throw actual grenades, though I would hope it would actually be a secondary someday, so any frame can throw grenades (NOT Castanas, mind you). I would also like to see it cause some brief crowd control, like a ragdoll/knockback or short 5-6 second blind in a limited area.

Phalanx seems brilliant, sort of the in-between of Frost's Snow Globe and Volt's Shield, but mobile. It has its own drawbacks: it leaves your back and sides open, and sort of relies on friendlies working in tandem.

The third, though, I can't quite see on a frame of this sort. 3 makes you invincible for ~30 seconds while you safely pilot a Sentinel and backstab/shoot up enemies without consequence? It seems really strange, without drawback other than maybe not killing very quickly. Seems like it would be a more fitting idea for an entirely different frame, but I'm not sure if I'm more bothered by it not being very fitting of this type of frame, or making the frame itself invincible while you play with it.

The fourth seems fun, but I don't think it very fitting for this kind of frame either. But working with it, maybe more like an overcharged Opticor than a railgun? Accurate, large beam hits a rather large cylinder in the desired direction, and when it hits terrain, it causes a large explosion (except one enemy's body can't block the explosion from hurting another like with Ogris).

Thx for the feedback.

ill sure update some of the abilites explanation. but for the 3rd and 4th skill: the idea of brutus is thats he very slow and immobile the moment youa ctivate tehse skills you can compensate this. and for the shield making it all around you would be just another press to win skill so making it one side is little bit more depending on the players skill.

I'm just going to go and say it because it came to mind while reading this.

1) Grossly overpowered. Having every stat above100 save for stamina is grossly imbalanced. Armor and Shields I get, but with such heavy favoring perhaps you should think of dropping his energy and/or health below 100 or near that. There already is one Rhino and I doubt any frame would be developed with such a substantial stat advantage over the others.

2) commission/ contact an artist. Admittedly, most people ( myself included) want to see really cool art accompanying the conceptual ideas of community concepts. Being honest here, I admire your investment and commitment to the details here, BUT If you want this to gain traction than you need to get more aesthetic designs in place. Check out the dragon post and Baphomet posts to see effective concept design that has helped promote community interest.

3) cool ability concepts, I also think a proc grenade would be a cool addition especially given that it acts as crowd control since the frame gets locked down on mobility. Perhaps expands on this? It seems a lot of the other abilities grant generous buffs to him though perhaps the trade off is that most his powers Eliminate ALL mobility? Phalanx would be awesome area denial if it acted as a placed barrier to troop movement, but perhaps only so long as the frame had ability toggled? Imagine a spawn corridor locked down where zero enemies could bypass because your frame just placed a wall in their way. Same for the sentinel ability, if you are piloting a sentinel than it is highly unlikely you can also control your frame. This could be a high risk/ reward ability where piloting the sentinel could be used either as a scout ( allow the sentinel mods in this as a replacement to an actual Kubrow/ sentinel companion) or as a crowd control assist during things like defense. The price of gaining control of your sentinel is that your frame is left vulnerable, so choose where and when wisely.

I hope you don't take this as overly critical, I actually think the concept is very cool, and I can see it is very much a labor of love. Continue to refine it and invest in its development t and I think you'll get more attention and input into this from the community.

Edited by (XB1)MercifuI Shadow

I'm just going to go and say it because it came to mind while reading this.

1) Grossly overpowered. Having every stat above100 save for stamina is grossly imbalanced. Armor and Shields I get, but with such heavy favoring perhaps you should think of dropping his energy and/or health below 100 or near that. There already is one Rhino and I doubt any frame would be developed with such a substantial stat advantage over the others.

2) commission/ contact an artist. Admittedly, most people ( myself included) want to see really cool art accompanying the conceptual ideas of community concepts. Being honest here, I admire your investment and commitment to the details here, BUT If you want this to gain traction than you need to get more aesthetic designs in place. Check out the dragon post and Baphomet posts to see effective concept design that has helped promote community interest.

3) cool ability concepts, I also think a proc grenade would be a cool addition especially given that it acts as crowd control since the frame gets locked down on mobility. Perhaps expands on this? It seems a lot of the other abilities grant generous buffs to him though perhaps the trade off is that most his powers Eliminate ALL mobility? Phalanx would be awesome area denial if it acted as a placed barrier to troop movement, but perhaps only so long as the frame had ability toggled? Imagine a spawn corridor locked down where zero enemies could bypass because your frame just placed a wall in their way. Same for the sentinel ability, if you are piloting a sentinel than it is highly unlikely you can also control your frame. This could be a high risk/ reward ability where piloting the sentinel could be used either as a scout ( allow the sentinel mods in this as a replacement to an actual Kubrow/ sentinel companion) or as a crowd control assist during things like defense. The price of gaining control of your sentinel is that your frame is left vulnerable, so choose where and when wisely.

I hope you don't take this as overly critical, I actually think the concept is very cool, and I can see it is very much a labor of love. Continue to refine it and invest in its development t and I think you'll get more attention and input into this from the community.

Thx for the feedback, ill guess ill have to relook its tats indeed thinking of it. phalanx was ment to make Brutus move more slowly whilst pushing his shield forward, and for the sentinel part once activated brutus himself will go in a immobile and invurnable state where he remains safe.(and unable to do any actions.the player will control Romelus ) Edited by Scharkie1333

3/6/2015

Tweaked his stats and some abilities

Catch: His grenade now does impact damage making it great for staggering enemies.

Phalanx: Brutus can now slowly turn around whislt using phalanx

Romelus: Brutus isnt invincible anymore, making usage of this skill more challenging

still thinking over balancing his 4th skill....

Appereance: tweaked the spikes on his feet. (thx for the spotting Centias)

Edited by Scharkie1333

Thx for the feedback.

ill sure update some of the abilites explanation. but for the 3rd and 4th skill: the idea of brutus is thats he very slow and immobile the moment youa ctivate tehse skills you can compensate this. and for the shield making it all around you would be just another press to win skill so making it one side is little bit more depending on the players skill.

It makes some sense when you put it that way, about the 3rd and 4th slot. For the shield/Phalanx, I was meaning to imply that I was glad it had some kind of drawback to it, so that it wasn't just purely better than Frost's stationary Snow Globe. It makes you keep moving and keep positioning yourself appropriately for the situation while you're using it. Sometimes skills need such drawbacks.

It makes some sense when you put it that way, about the 3rd and 4th slot. For the shield/Phalanx, I was meaning to imply that I was glad it had some kind of drawback to it, so that it wasn't just purely better than Frost's stationary Snow Globe. It makes you keep moving and keep positioning yourself appropriately for the situation while you're using it. Sometimes skills need such drawbacks.

Glad this makes the skills easier to understand now, and thanks for all feedback. Also his toes are smaller now :P