Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Seth, The Nightmarish One

RadiantProxy

Well, this idea of a warframe was sitting in my head for about a year. The more I looked at it, the more it stared back at me. Time to leave it here and move on.

So, here he is, Seth who likes to give the enemies nightmares.

seth_by_sayon-d8kx71b.jpg

Since DE has its own strong team of designers, this warframe's outer appearance is just a whim of mine and is of secondary concern, so let us concentrate on the abilities instead. I didn't provide any set numbers for the abilities or warframe's stats because there are people who can do it better than me.

>>Stats provided by Dr.Schanbel: 50 armor, extensive energy pool, low shields & health.

First ability: Chirophobia

≈ Is working with somewhat same mechanics as the Syndicate weaponry: it first 'collects' a set amount of affinity. Once the amount is reached, the player can trigger Chirophobia by pressing the ability's button.

Seth 'explodes' with ghostly hands flying away from him and towards the enemies.

•The enemies in immediate proximity of the hands are grabbed and fluuuuuuung towards other enemies or objects. By hitting an other enemy, both get a set amount of blast damage (increases with level up) and a blast proc, same happens with hitting a wall or object, but just that one unfortunate enemy gets the blast, heh.

•The enemies that have been grabbed by the hands and survived such horror get an extended radiation proc.

•The enemies that have line of sight of the hands but are not near them, begin to shoot at the sickening apparitions that distract from shooting at Seth.

•This ability can be triggered always, even when Seth performs other abilities.

seth_first_ability_by_sayon-d8kx82j.jpg

Second ability: Kismet

Seth opens a portal in front of him. The portal sucks in any objects that are shot of flung at him, such as bullets, rockets, fireballs from Napalms, that disgusting barf from nauseous crawlers or the infested moas, even laserbeams. Once the player decides that enough objects were absorbed, the portal can be closed by performing a roll/dodge. By triggering the ability for the second time, Seth opens the portal and all the objects fly out of it in a steady stream.

•Casting/recasting animation must be fast.

•There is a decent chance of multishot, it increases with level up.

•Everything that is flung out of the portal has a high chance to proc viral.

•While triggered and absorbing, it gradually drains Seth's energy. While triggered to spew out the portal's contents it doesn't drain energy.

•Seth can run around with the portal in front of him, but he can't jump.

•His back is vulnerable while the ability is active. His front is protected.

seth_second_ability_by_sayon-d8kxeul.jpg

Third ability: Possession

Seth grabs an enemy, jumps on their back and gains complete control over them.

•All actions that the enemy can perform are now performable for the player. Using cover- check (why would people want that?). Shooting the respective weapon- check. For heavy units: ground slam- check. And last but not least: using plasma grenade- check.

•The possessed actively draws aggro.

•Seth is invulnerable during the possession. The possessed target is getting only half, or maybe even less of the enemy damage.

•The possessed's  shots have a decent chance to trigger viral procs.

•The ability does have initial energy cost but doesn't drain energy when active. It actually gives Seth energy when active. The amount of gained energy is depending on the damage the possessed absorbs. Shouldn't be too little, I think.

•Seth can let go of the possessed by activating this ability again. Seth doesn't have any other choice than to let go when the possessed dies. In both scenarios, Seth becomes invisible/invulnerable/anything else that gives him the chance to leave the scene of crime. The invulnerability time is a couple of seconds. Gotta go fast. Like, really fast. Look at all those angry mobs that were drawn to the possessed. Uh-oh.

Fourth ability: Trepidation

Seth conjures up several ghostly phantoms of himself. Since ghostly, they cannot be shot down. They run around erratically, unleashing bullet hell on the enemies.

•The bullet hell procs viral on every enemy hit by it. The bullets can fly through objects.

•Enemies concentrate their fire only at the phantoms. Enemies that get too close to the phantoms get the fear debuff and run away.

•The ability has a timer.

•Seth becomes invisible/really hard to detect and to hit while the ability is active

•Seth can switch-teleport with any of his phantoms during this ability.

•Does it gradually drain energy? I do not know.

Well, there it is. What do you guys think- would those abilities be fun ingame? Suggestions? Angry Booing?

Edited by Polymelodic

Very interesting concept, I find the four-arms design to be very cool. Personally, I'd prefer if the first ability was more like ballistic battery, in that it requires a charge, but can be activated when ready. 4 seems like Shadows of the dead....with..terrify....and switch teleport...I'd look at a way to make that more unique. But overall, very cool! 

I like it, except I think that the number 2 ability might be a bit too situational, you might want an ability that instead sends out shows that seek targets and fear and inflict viral upon those they touch, or better yet the shadows touch send the target into a terrified state(Radiation proc) and they turn on their allies due to their hallucinations, or even shoot themselves (CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIN). That control ability could be cool, he could turn into a miasma that covers an enemy and then controls their body (That sounds like a beach to code though)

He should have rather high armor like 50 or so, and a good amount of energy maybe low shields and health however.

more arms = more fun!

I don't want to discuss the details of abilities in regard of power (whether or not Seth should be invulnerable, how much energy something should cost), since, if DE likes that frame, they will do the balancing... hopefully :)

One thing, though, that just came to mind is radiation proc instead of "enemies attack apparitions / hands / whatever". Not only is radiation a bit more unpredictable, but it also goes very well with "nightmarish" visual effects of certain abilities (especially the last one). Thinking about eerie lights and odd shapes / shadows popping up. Looks cool and would go great with radiation proc.

You say the design is second to his ability discussion you want to have here but I mean com on... four arms, that is bad &#! man, I love it.

As for the actual abilities. I feel Like Kismet is a little overwhelming with the activation's and deactivation, if you could come up with a way to streamline it a little more it would probably be better or it would most likely be a unused power due to casting animation and the amount of button presses haha. Just my thoughts on it tho.

Ummmm, Trepidation is a cool idea it is like Loki and Mirage has a baby and called it a Vapor Specter. Maybe some fine tuning to it, and it would be great.

Very interesting concept, I find the four-arms design to be very cool. Personally, I'd prefer if the first ability was more like ballistic battery, in that it requires a charge, but can be activated when ready. 4 seems like Shadows of the dead....with..terrify....and switch teleport...I'd look at a way to make that more unique. But overall, very cool! 

Hm, true. I thought that the relatively new mechanic of Syndicate weapons exploding with damaging waves is quite a fun one, until I remembered that the special effect tends to appear when the room is already cleaned of the enemies (at least that has been my luck in the missions other than survival, heh). A possibility of activating this at will certainly helps with having more control over this ability. I'll include this in the OP.

I like it, except I think that the number 2 ability might be a bit too situational, you might want an ability that instead sends out shows that seek targets and fear and inflict viral upon those they touch, or better yet the shadows touch send the target into a terrified state(Radiation proc) and they turn on their allies due to their hallucinations, or even shoot themselves (CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIN). That control ability could be cool, he could turn into a miasma that covers an enemy and then controls their body (That sounds like a beach to code though) He should have rather high armor like 50 or so, and a good amount of energy maybe low shields and health however.

Yeah, the second ability is more for the two factions that actually use guns (and maybe even the Sentients? What kind of weaponry would they use? Ah, the speculations~) I didn't include the radiation proc because I felt that it's a bit overused. But maybe that's because I play Oberon a lot, and see Irradiating Disarm Lokis very often.

Thanks for suggesting the warframe's stats, that goes into the OP as well.

more arms = more fun!

I don't want to discuss the details of abilities in regard of power (whether or not Seth should be invulnerable, how much energy something should cost), since, if DE likes that frame, they will do the balancing... hopefully :)

One thing, though, that just came to mind is radiation proc instead of "enemies attack apparitions / hands / whatever". Not only is radiation a bit more unpredictable, but it also goes very well with "nightmarish" visual effects of certain abilities (especially the last one). Thinking about eerie lights and odd shapes / shadows popping up. Looks cool and would go great with radiation proc.

Same as above, I thought that radiation is present in many things Warframe, but then again, I see why people like it. How about the enemies that get grabbed by the hands get a prolonged radiation proc? Gonna write it down.

You say the design is second to his ability discussion you want to have here but I mean com on... four arms, that is bad ! man, I love it.

As for the actual abilities. I feel Like Kismet is a little overwhelming with the activation's and deactivation, if you could come up with a way to streamline it a little more it would probably be better or it would most likely be a unused power due to casting animation and the amount of button presses haha. Just my thoughts on it tho.

Ummmm, Trepidation is a cool idea it is like Loki and Mirage has a baby and called it a Vapor Specter. Maybe some fine tuning to it, and it would be great.

Thanks! The more arms, the better, right?

Yeah, three button presses for an ability sounds a lot. I've found a different way of closing the portal, by pressing... an another button! Goodness, I feel unimaginative today, heh.

The opinions on Trepidation seem to differ so far, that's interesting. Going to leave it as is for now...

As I mentioned before... if DE uses this idea, they will do the "fine tuning" anyways. I guess, it would be important to mainly focus on what's the main idea of every ability. The main catch. Not how long or how much energy it consumes.

As for Trepidation:

I think, the main thing here should be the "difficult to spot" + randomly moving apparitions + the swap teleport between those. That gives a nice advantage in mobility and survivability and is unlike other ultis.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH, what about his fourth being a 'Hysteria like ability. His arms project eyes from them watching and fearing all those who gaze upon them ( like a 'medusa's gaze' idea) All attacks hit in a wide range with his ghastly, clawed arms inflicting viral procs on all those he touches. His deal during this ability is just to scare and weaken as many enemies as possible during this time. What do you think OP?