Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing The Void?

jennibear

I am kind of upset at a recent topic that was discussed during tenno live, Void removal and prime pieces dropping in so called "normal mission types".

The reason being that, according to the lore in our codex, the only reason Tenno even exist in the first place is because of the void... So how can you remove something that seems so vital to the game's story & social group aspect of warframe? The void is one of the things that I love about this game and one of the things that makes it unique. 

There are better ways to fix the grind issue than removing something a lot of players love, and would hate to see disappear. One of which would be to put the Tower specific void key packs back into the syndicates for example, so that we don't have to grind for them ect.

If your removing the void, I really hope you have a totally mind blowing idea in mind, because It sounds awful.

They won't ACTUALLY remove the void, they'll make it so that the void "explodes" with pieces that get scattered around our solar system, but we can still go to the void for a higher drop chance at them. My guess is the current void will be untouched, but some of the parts will drop in other missions types outside the void with a very low drop chance.

I think it's a pretty cool idea. 

This big thing in the universe is gonna crumble down, and in all honesty, if it's the sentients that do it, then my god they have a power that not even we can best.

Ok, well If you put it like that then it does sound a bit cooler. xD

The void is so integrated into the game, it just sounds so scary ;-;

we will see im honestly looking forward to the "merging" of the normal and void, but agree when void is gone it takes a big portion of the game with it

Yes, exactly. It's the first thing I think of when anyone says anything about warframe.

Seems like I've missed tenno live for a while, if they take the void away don't they take half the game away? And it makes sense going to the void to get prime parts, I don't know about going to a shard of the void near earth, but it might make the game interesting once again and make the drop tables better, hopefully.

But it's still interesting and i would like to see what happens.

My take, first of all im doubling my efforts to find all the prime stuff as soon as i can. I fear that the coming change will impact the market in a very negative way prices will either sharply rise or fall or both but i believe for certain that demand will decrease and we may see an increase in clans or clan memberships. If these mission are anything like the hunt for certain warframes then i don't want to suffer the hydroid headache of acquiring a single piece from a mission that only drops three. Also did they say if those mission would be guarantied prime or some sort of rng will decide our faith?

Well looking from the side of the story - Sentients are back first thing they want to do is get rid of the place where tenno are from (void) but void as it is unstable, and as of vor said he cannot be completely destroyed will send a message to tenno that sentients are not to be fudged with... so im expecting some new alliances with our former enemies :P

THE VOID BEING REMOVED IS A GOOD THING. Why can't people see that!? Warframe has become an absolute ghost game because of the Void. No one EVER plays star chart missions anymore, and if you're trying to unlock every mission, you're going to be doing about 99.999% of it solo, simply because no one else is playing star chart missions. With the destruction of the Void, this problem is solved. You can still use keys to get prime parts, and R5 core drop rates were already nerfed, so I see no reason why grind would increase because of this. This also means the end of corrupted Nullifiers in endgame content, so all is forgiven already. From a lore perspective, it's been stated that the Void will still exist, so an integral part of the lore isn't being destroyed. There is simply no way that this is a bad change.

I am kind of upset at a recent topic that was discussed during tenno live, Void removal and prime pieces dropping in so called "normal mission types".

The reason being that, according to the lore in our codex, the only reason Tenno even exist in the first place is because of the void... So how can you remove something that seems so vital to the game's story & social group aspect of warframe? The void is one of the things that I love about this game and one of the things that makes it unique. 

There are better ways to fix the grind issue than removing something a lot of players love, and would hate to see disappear. One of which would be to put the Tower specific void key packs back into the syndicates for example, so that we don't have to grind for them ect.

If your removing the void, I really hope you have a totally mind blowing idea in mind, because It sounds awful.

you know, im sure that what they meant by making the void explode, was "throwing all his drops everywhere else", otherwise, it they were actually going to make every orokin tower explode, they wouldnt tell us before

Call me a pessimist, but have we seen a single change that made things easier this year?

I'm looking forward to Raids and the new PvP. If this change doesn't decrease drop chances or make gaining prime parts a monumental task I will happily accept it even though I love the void and all its subtle differences. The star chart does need more activity but this won't change that if we still require keys to get there as the original nodes will STILL be under populated.

I hold no love for the Void, but I would love it see it torn asunder by the Sentients.  Burn that gilded slot machine out of existence.

I'm waiting for more details from DE about the integration into the star chart before I judge that part.

THE VOID BEING REMOVED IS A GOOD THING. Why can't people see that!? Warframe has become an absolute ghost game because of the Void. No one EVER plays star chart missions anymore, and if you're trying to unlock every mission, you're going to be doing about 99.999% of it solo, simply because no one else is playing star chart missions. With the destruction of the Void, this problem is solved. You can still use keys to get prime parts, and R5 core drop rates were already nerfed, so I see no reason why grind would increase because of this. This also means the end of corrupted Nullifiers in endgame content, so all is forgiven already. From a lore perspective, it's been stated that the Void will still exist, so an integral part of the lore isn't being destroyed. There is simply no way that this is a bad change.

This guy gets it.

We need more social interaction, more ways to give this game a life beyond grinding and recruiting chat. This is how we do it, or at the very least start.

This needed to happen a while ago. The only missions that you can reliably find people playing on the map are assassination missions. Before Dark Sectors showed up and made the problem worse, people at least played the endless missions on the solar map to resource farm. The void in its current form is defeating the purpose of creating any new tile sets or improving the ones we already have because everyone will go to the void because the majority of the useful rewards are there and nowhere else. 

This guy gets it.

We need more social interaction, more ways to give this game a life beyond grinding and recruiting chat. This is how we do it, or at the very least start.

The issue I see with it is that it takes away from the End Game feel, or Elite Content feel.

Also you end up trying to run missions to farm stuff, but end up stuck with a slow player. Or the opposite, you're new and don't even know what is going on.

Nothing like clearing all the planets and now finding out you get to farm those same missions over and over again. Do we even know the details of how this would work? If I use a Key on a planet, do I still run the normal missions other players run, so I can farm void stuff on the lowest level planet, that will be easy.

Edited by Lightsmith

The void is a place, where the orokin towers were hidden. Lorevise it does nothing to do with how tenno were created or where are the prime drops. The orokin towers will be accessible, but at least that messy drop table of theirs will be spread out more evenly. Do not fear the change, embrace it ;)

The issue I see with it is that it takes away from the End Game feel, or Elite Content feel.

Also you end up trying to run missions to farm stuff, but end up stuck with a slow player. Or the opposite, you're new and don't even know what is going on.

Nothing like clearing all the planets and now finding out you get to farm those same missions over and over again. Do we even know the details of how this would work? If I use a Key on a planet, do I still run the normal missions other players run, so I can farm void stuff on the lowest level planet, that will be easy.

I don't see that as an issue. Okay, so a slow guy gets in. More reason you should slow it up and enjoy the newcomer. Make a friend. IF you're in public you have no business complaining about a speedrun anyway. That's what solo or premade teams are for. If you are new guy and you get in with some experienced players, you get to ask them what's up and learn a bit. Social interactions, in this game, are almost always helpful.

And if you do use a key on a planet, and you do just farm things on Mercury level, so what? Not everything will be on Mercury. you will have to branch out a bit. Okay so you'll get Ducats for days, but still. I know your post was just pure speculation and questioning, but my point is there is no combination of anything going on that can possibly make this bad. Save for massively screwing up with a bug or a coding error.

Finally, Raids will bring the endgame feel for you

I personally do not want the void to go anywhere.  I like the tilesets.  I like everything about it.  

With that sad, I wouldn't mind running some star chart survivals or defenses for prime parts either(even though to me it makes no sense).

One way I want them to handle this is to spread out the parts a bit more between void and star chart.  Don't make one source better than the other.  Don't make the rewards in the void better than star chart, but don't nerf any drop chances in either gametypes.

I don't see that as an issue. Okay, so a slow guy gets in. More reason you should slow it up and enjoy the newcomer. Make a friend. IF you're in public you have no business complaining about a speedrun anyway. That's what solo or premade teams are for. If you are new guy and you get in with some experienced players, you get to ask them what's up and learn a bit. Social interactions, in this game, are almost always helpful.

And if you do use a key on a planet, and you do just farm things on Mercury level, so what? Not everything will be on Mercury. you will have to branch out a bit. Okay so you'll get Ducats for days, but still. I know your post was just pure speculation and questioning, but my point is there is no combination of anything going on that can possibly make this bad. Save for massively screwing up with a bug or a coding error.

Finally, Raids will bring the endgame feel for you

I guess Im one of the few people that is not looking forward to raids, and not looking forward to raids being in the game.  I really think it'll be such an awkward thing in this type of game.

People will put on their blinders and say "raids!? omfg cool.  I loved raids in World of Warcraft".  And then think it'll be a similar experience here.  I don't think its going to work like many people think.  I think it will be odd.

I guess Im one of the few people that is not looking forward to raids, and not looking forward to raids being in the game. I really think it'll be such an awkward thing in this type of game.

People will put on their blinders and say "raids!? omfg cool. I loved raids in World of Warcraft". And then think it'll be a similar experience here. I don't think its going to work like many people think. I think it will be odd.

I personally didn't like raid in WOW spend hour or more getting through stuff. Then if its public then you have to deal with people with no clue or don't listen.

As for the other guy " that's what premade groups are for" yes and that is what the void is for, premade groups.

If DE wants to get people to play reg maps again make fusion cores not drop in void, even from enemy kills. Then put them as rewards for mission completions on start chart.

Edited by Lightsmith