Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Warden - Aoe Cc Tank Frame [Update: 3/14/2015]

Morec0

This is an old concept that I never finished fleshing out, but in the interests of clearing out the word document I keep all my ideas in I figured I'd post it and let ya'll have a look at it, see what you think.

I MAY update this if I can be asked (or if it gets popular or... something).

Warden:

Health: 100 (300 at Rank 30)
Shield: 100 (300 at Rank 30)
Power: 100 (150 at Rank 30)
Armor: 80
Sprint Speed: .8
Stamina: 70
Polarities: D , Bar
Aura Polarity: D

1 - Lash – Warden swings a long energy lash in front of him from left to right, damaging enemies in that line with impact damage and knocking them down.
Range: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 meters
Damage: 120 / 240 / 360 / 480
Duration: 2 seconds
Cost: 25

2- Scourge – Warden swings a short energy lash in front of him in an uppercut, dealing half-slash half-impact damage – double damage if you’re behind your target.
Range: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20
Slash Damage: 70 / 130 / 190 / 250
Impact Damage: 70 / 130 / 190 / 250
Duration: .5 seconds
Cost: 25

3 - Restrain – Warden grabs an enemy and uses them as a meat shield, blocking any attacks that it intercepts.  Can be deactivated at any time after it is cast, causing Warden to throw them. If the thrown enemy strikes another enemy, they will both be knocked down. Warden may only use his sidearm and abilities while Restrain-ing an enemy.
Grab Range: 5 meters
Throw Range: 10 / 10 / 10 / 15 meters
Duration: 10 / 15 / 20 / 30 seconds
Cost: 50

4 - Lockdown – Warden unleashes a wave of seeking energy lashes that latch onto nearby enemies.  If Warden moves out of a certain distance from these enemies they will become ragdolled and be dragged behind him.
Range: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50
Max Number of Lashes: 3 / 5 / 6 / 7
Duration: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 seconds
Cost: 100

Appearance:
Warden has a heavyset body, but one that gives the impression of strength rather than fat; a barrel-chested figure and broad-shouldered with thick arms, around which, from the shoulders to the backs of his hands, spirals a chain-like styling half-combined into the frame itself. The chest and back have the impression of body armor. His hands and forearms give the impression of thick gloves while his feet and lower legs have the silhouette of thick boots. From the lower part of his upper torso comes a longcoat-like addition to his design, which stretches around to the sides of his legs (but doesn't attach to them).
His helmet is thick and strong, and the face is a smooth and black feature, resembling a riot helmet made of Warframe-living-metal. Energy nodes dot the "holes" of the chains in his arms, the sides of his helmet, and along his upper back. His colors are dark blue, dark brown, and dark red with red energy.
Alt Helm - Tamdor:
The face of the helmet remains blank, but it gains the appearance of a wide-brimmed hat - the energy nodes moving to along the rim of said hat.

Codex:
An unconventional tank, Warden specializes in keeping enemies incapacitated while acting as a physical shield for his allies.

Augments:
Iron Lash - Lash - All enemies hit are now moved with the lash as it completes it path of travel.

Slammer - Restrain - Releasing a target after retrain instead slams them on the ground for extra damage.

Solitary - Lockdown - Lockdown now causes all enemies affected to be paralyzed where they are and take damage over time, rather than be dragged along with Warden's movements.

Edited by Morec0

Sounds really cool. The pictures don't show up though. Maybe a personal glitch however.

Sounds good, I love tank play style, but the images are bugged, don`t see anything...

There aren't any pictures. The description and Alt. Helm description would have been a written visualization of the character - but, as I said, I never finished this but decided to post it as is. Those description would be one of the things I'd go back and write in.

EDIT: That said, if anyone wants to pitch in and try to make a picture for me...

Edited by Morec0

So, basically:

*Presses 4*

"Hey, Alad, uhhh I hope you don't mind but I'm borrowing Zanuka and a few MOAs for a while. Because reasons. Kay bye!"

Like a large number of other CC effects, bosses would be immune to it (and I'm thinking that G3 and Harvest really ought to be made immune to types of things as well already) and with a limited distance and limited number of lashes I don't see it becoming TOO much of an issue (though that was impossible to tell from the original post because I didn't finish the damn thing).

There aren't any pictures. The description and Alt. Helm description would have been a written visualization of the character - but, as I said, I never finished this but decided to post it as is. Those description would be one of the things I'd go back and write in.

Then you should probably write that in ur OP and maybe change title to WIP warden frame or something :)

EDIT: That said, if anyone wants to pitch in and try to make a picture for me...

Well, I`m not that good of an artist, but I`ll take a shot at it....

Edited by Bizzaro21

That ragdoll 4th ability sounds absolutely hilarious! XD

It IS one of the biggest selling points.

Then you should probably write that in ur OP and maybe change title to WIP warden frame or something :)

Well, I`m not that good of an artist, but I`ll take a shot at it....

I honestly had never considered that people might think that images were loading there, but I've done so and will do so.

And if so... I'll think up a physical description and toss you a message about it to work off of.

It IS one of the biggest selling points.

I honestly had never considered that people might think that images were loading there, but I've done so and will do so.

And if so... I'll think up a physical description and toss you a message about it to work off of.

well u said appearance and next to it emptiness, that is the first thing i thought of.... as for the looks of him I thought of a design... WIP

well u said appearance and next to it emptiness, that is the first thing i thought of.... as for the looks of him I thought of a design... WIP

I'm working on a suggestion as well, though I'm curious to see what you have (I'll still send you the thought I've got and you can decide which you think would look better).

haha dang! i wanted to make a warframe called warden for a while! however these abilities are pretty different from what i had in mind lol.

regardless i like this, though i dont feel riot shield fits the theme too well butt hey it's still neat!

haha dang! i wanted to make a warframe called warden for a while! however these abilities are pretty different from what i had in mind lol.

regardless i like this, though i dont feel riot shield fits the theme too well butt hey it's still neat!

What abilities were you thinking of?

And the Riot shield was thought up based on what would be the logical reaction to a mass prison break and a desire to give him something definitively tanky to help balance out the more tricky and offensive AoE stuns (an OH S#&$ button when everything else might not be useable). I'm also a huge fan of layering ability effects on top of one another, so I added in the "Shield bashing" to give him a little more versatility (and to kinda keep it from being an OP Iron Skin-style ability).

I'm working on a suggestion as well, though I'm curious to see what you have (I'll still send you the thought I've got and you can decide which you think would look better).

HB2IU6n.jpg

It is done, didn`t really turn out the way I wanted, but still looked nice enough to share it :)

HB2IU6n.jpg

It is done, didn`t really turn out the way I wanted, but still looked nice enough to share it :)

Ha! I can actually see something like that as a frame. The bandana's a little too similar to Mesa, though, and the belt would probably be moved, but other than that I can see it in-game.

Ha! I can actually see something like that as a frame. The bandana's a little too similar to Mesa, though, and the belt would probably be moved, but other than that I can see it in-game.

Glad it made sense...

as for the similarity with mesa...

GClrWWM.png xwnzeLa.png

Edited by Bizzaro21

What abilities were you thinking of?

And the Riot shield was thought up based on what would be the logical reaction to a mass prison break and a desire to give him something definitively tanky to help balance out the more tricky and offensive AoE stuns (an OH S#&$ button when everything else might not be useable). I'm also a huge fan of layering ability effects on top of one another, so I added in the "Shield bashing" to give him a little more versatility (and to kinda keep it from being an OP Iron Skin-style ability).

I was going to have it be sort of time based, i mean whats a better way to lock someone up than trap them within time itself!

usually wardens themselves do not have riot shields, generally they have batons/tazers and things of the sort. perhaps you could do something a little more cruel and more along the theme!

Arrest: Warden pulls an enemy to him and will use the enemy as a meat shield.

I was going to have it be sort of time based, i mean whats a better way to lock someone up than trap them within time itself!

usually wardens themselves do not have riot shields, generally they have batons/tazers and things of the sort. perhaps you could do something a little more cruel and more along the theme!

Arrest: Warden pulls an enemy to him and will use the enemy as a meat shield.

Actually... I that's a good idea. I thought of the same ability for another guy's frame idea a while back... but I'll use it here!