Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

Its entirely true. There has been no evidence to the contrary.

Evidence has been provided endlessly to the contrary. One poster in the original megathread even created annotated pictures pointing to the specific places on the images he had that he felt represented the dragon theme. There have been walls of text typed on the subject.

Feel free to take a guess what the response to that stuff was.

Knock off the arguing. There's really no need for it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone's opinion is valid. No one's opinion is any more valid than the next person's, so please stop belittling others' opinions and feelings on the matter. 

If people think Chroma looks like a dragon, then let them think that. If people think Chroma doesn't look like a dragon, then let them think that. All of the "facts" and "evidence" provided by either side is subjective in nature; it's what they think it looks like, it's an opinion.

It's getting tiring seeing this now banal exchange of "my opinion is more objective/valid than yours" despite the fact that no, it is not. Your opinions are subjective. Opinions do not win arguments. Facts do. And literally the only thing we have are opinions when it comes to how we feel about Chroma's appearance.

So please, stop trying to be that guy who always needs to get in the last word edgewise. It's uncouth, promotes ad hominem attacks and doesn't promote constructive and respectful conversation.

P.S. This is a "knock it off" message.

Evidence has been provided endlessly to the contrary. One poster in the original megathread even created annotated pictures pointing to the specific places on the images he had that he felt represented the dragon theme. There have been walls of text typed on the subject.

Shapes weren't the same. Basic geometry.

The only pic with similar shapes is of a seaserpent...not a dragon.

Again, representing the dragon theme is not the same thing as having the same shapes. As I explained...the vibe is a subjective thing.

Edited by Ronyn

The only convincing evidence I've seen was of the depiction of a Greek dragon, so I wouldn't say it has been provided endlessly.

Also just because there are walls of texts, does not make said text any more valid.

Knock off the arguing. There's really no need for it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone's opinion is valid. No one's opinion is any more valid than the next person's, so please stop belittling others' opinions and feelings on the matter. 

If people think Chroma looks like a dragon, then let them think that. If people think Chroma doesn't look like a dragon, then let them think that. All of the "facts" and "evidence" provided by either side is subjective in nature; it's what they think it looks like, it's an opinion.

It's getting tiring seeing this now banal exchange of "my opinion is more objective/valid than yours" despite the fact that no, it is not. Your opinions are subjective. Opinions do not win arguments. Facts do. And literally the only thing we have are opinions when it comes to how we feel about Chroma's appearance.

So please, stop trying to be that guy who always needs to get in the last word edgewise. It's uncouth, promotes ad hominem attacks and doesn't promote constructive and respectful conversation.

P.S. This is a "knock it off" message.

I'm gonna quote this so it's on new page.

As seen here. You only accept opinions that support yours. If they don't support yours...well, good luck I guess. No matter how strong the evidence, they will be dismissed as irrelevant.'

Which is not what an argument is, just FYI.

Edited due to moderator's request.

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

Can we please knock off the arguing?

Subjective arguments never go anywhere because as long as the case on either side is subjective in nature there's no such thing as objective evidence that proves either side as right.

If you like Chroma's appearance and think he looks like a dragon, you're welcome to say so and move on. 

If you don't like Chroma's appearance and think he doesn't look like a dragon, you're welcome to say so and move on.

But for Booben's sake, stop trying to force your opinions on others. Agree to disagree and move on. Having the last word doesn't make you the king of the hill or any more right than the next person. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, now stop trying to "prove" that their opinion is wrong, because something that's subjective can neither be true nor false factually. It cannot be proven wrong and it cannot be proven right. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by Letter13

Can we please knock off the arguing?

Subjective arguments never go anywhere because as long as the case on either side is subjective in nature there's no such thing as objective evidence that proves either side as right.

If you like Chroma's appearance and think he looks like a dragon, you're welcome to say so and move on.

If you don't like Chroma's appearance and think he doesn't look like a dragon, you're welcome to say so and move on.

But for Booben's sake, stop trying to force your opinions on others. Agree to disagree and move on. Having the last word doesn't make you the king of the hill or any more right than the next person. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, now stop trying to "prove" that their opinion is wrong, because something that's subjective can neither be true nor false factually. It cannot be proven wrong and it cannot be proven right. It's all in the eyes of the beholder.

Respectfully, not everything involved here is subjective.

But so be it. I will stop because I'm asked to. No problem.

Guesses on whether Chroma will be support, dps, or tank?

I'm betting a mix of support and tank. I'm hoping for some increased team suitability with him. Would be cool if it gave immunity to different elements, or boosted different aspects based on color (red for fire and health, blue for electricity and shield).

I'm betting a mix of support and tank. I'm hoping for some increased team suitability with him. Would be cool if it gave immunity to different elements, or boosted different aspects based on color (red for fire and health, blue for electricity and shield).

I think Scott said he'd be a little bit of everything, including pure damage output, buffing allies and debuffing/CCing enemies, all dependent on energy color choice (not all elemental types will be able to fulfill all of the roles equally well, some will be better than others in certain areas).

I think Scott said he'd be a little bit of everything, including pure damage output, buffing allies and debuffing/CCing enemies, all dependent on energy color choice (not all elemental types will be able to fulfill all of the roles equally well, some will be better than others in certain areas).

True, if we are limited to the basic 4, which would be best for actual damage? Poison?

He will likely be All 3, but not at once.  Different colors will give different boosts. I'm gonna expect fire to be the DPS, Frost to be the CC/Tank, electric to be support / buff and toxin to be the support/debuffer

True, if we are limited to the basic 4, which would be best for actual damage? Poison?

Depends on how the different elemental types will affect his ability functionality. Poison is a good elemental type because it bypasses shields completely and can inflict a poison DoT, but fire might have greater base damage than poison, resulting in more damage overall. We don't know the exact numbers yet, so we can't yet judge which element would be best for which role, though I assume that fire would be the pure damage type and ice would be the CC type.

He will likely be All 3, but not at once.  Different colors will give different boosts. I'm gonna expect fire to be the DPS, Frost to be the CC/Tank, electric to be support / buff and toxin to be the support/debuffer

Depends on how the different elemental types will affect his ability functionality. Poison is a good elemental type because it bypasses shields completely and can inflict a poison DoT, but fire might have greater base damage than poison, resulting in more damage overall. We don't know the exact numbers yet, so we can't yet judge which element would be best for which role, though I assume that fire would be the pure damage type and ice would be the CC type.

Only problem is that fire kinda sucks as a damage type if you want damage *cough*ember*cough* at least if you don't have accelerant or fighting anything besides light infested.

We're done arguing about Chroma's appearance. It resulted in nothing but the same arguments being repeated over and over.

Seeing as the topic as very controversial, it will not stop.

The thread will have to either be constantly monitored for toxic posts, or locked altogether.

Only problem is that fire kinda sucks as a damage type if you want damage *cough*ember*cough* at least if you don't have accelerant or fighting anything besides light infested.

Fire is neutral against Armour and most things (very damage to lighter units/infested). The only flaw is that it does lesser damage to shield. I don't see how it's damage is too bad, likely that Chroma skills will have some sort of other ability behind it aside form straight fire damage

Fire is neutral against Armour and most things (very damage to lighter units/infested). The only flaw is that it does lesser damage to shield. I don't see how it's damage is too bad, likely that Chroma skills will have some sort of other ability behind it aside form straight fire damage

Fire does reduced damage only against Proto-Shields, not normal shields. The vast majority of enemies in the game use normal shields, with only bosses and some special enemies (Corpus Techs) using Proto-Shields.

As such, fire damage will pretty much always deal either its full damage or bonus damage, and will face penalties only in rare cases.

Fire does reduced damage only against Proto-Shields, not normal shields. The vast majority of enemies in the game use normal shields, with only bosses and some special enemies (Corpus Techs) using Proto-Shields.

As such, fire damage will pretty much always deal either its full damage or bonus damage, and will face penalties only in rare cases.

Thank you for the correction.

Even better to further my point Fire chroma will be even less hampered ingame.

Oh ya my b so it could be decent depending on how it scales.

Oh ya my b so it could be decent depending on how it scales.

I have an urge to make a pun about scales...ba dum tish. Lol

But yeah I agree.

Personally I have questions about chromas mobility.

I tend to prefer frames with some sort of dash, leap or something along those lines.

I hope chroma has something for that.

Guys. No one is saying (from this side of defensive palisade) that you are wrong. You can totally see anything You like in him.

I'm not saying that if I stretch my imagination and bend it a bit I can't see a faint hint of something remotely draconic in the design.

I can. It's just that first thought that immediately comes to mind when I see picture of Chroma (and I know that is supposed to be a dragon) is that it doesn't look like a dragon at all.

Here's what my imagination can make me see if I really try :

That helmet at least it has some kind of horns - but just isn't right for me. Snout is to long and thin. And why on heaven and earth is that tounge sticking out (and don't tell me it's to make fun of us who doesn't like him as a dragon - be mature ;) )

We should be really gratefull that DE will provide some alt helmets. Let's pray they look different than default.

That something on his arms kind of looks like wings. They're just really small and reversed ... dunno why.

Pelt - well nothing dragon-like in my opinion. Twisted flesh. Nothing more.

Tail - it has one. It's just to flat to look like a tail of dragon. More like a bird one or a beaver. 

eia1VCg.jpg

And now what I'm seeing. Whole heartedly. From the first time I saw him. And I'll ommit that ugly head. Just Focusing on the body :

I see and amazing infested wolf/werewolf beast frame. And in this context the design would be superb for me :

Ly0KBOD.jpg

As a Dragon frame - I dislike it. It's just to faint for a dragon.

As something else - like a infested beast - hell yeah. It's kind of interesting in such light.

This is my constructive (I hope) opinion.

I have an urge to make a pun about scales...ba dum tish. Lol

But yeah I agree.

Personally I have questions about chromas mobility.

I tend to prefer frames with some sort of dash, leap or something along those lines.

I hope chroma has something for that.

Same. Hope he doesn't have terrible movement speed.