Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afk Notification For New Or Uninformed Players

-FV-Wsocks

The request is for a small stopwatch(or other) icon somewhere on your screen to let you know when you are being counted as afk. This is for newer players or uninformed players who haven't heard or haven't been told about the AFK penalties. This icon could have a small message under it:

(Hey! You haven't been moving for the past few minutes! Get moving to start receiving rewards and energy again!)

Players who don't visit the forums often shouldn't be penalized by systems that they don't even know are in place. Also, as a side benefit, this will allow players to experiement on what is or is not considered being AFK. Many players are currently crying foul that adding an AFK feature will limit the potential of frames like MESA and her peacemaker ability. Most of them don't know that if you're actually shooting things with peacemaker, you'll continue to receive rewards and energy. 

I've really liked the additional indicators that have been added in these past few updates. Timers to let players know what effects they're under and for how long. I hope you consider adding this to the mix.

Tenno, If there are any flaws in this idea, do let me know. I'll be sure to update the OP accordingly. Thanks!

Edited by wearing_socks

Uniformed players? Do players wear specific uniforms to play specific Warframes now? Is it some sort of Warframe cult that requires members to wear uniforms to even log in?

Anyways, just a numerical timer/indicator of being AFK would suffice. Maybe tell the new players what it is the first time, then just the indicator from then on. 

Uniformed players? Do players wear specific uniforms to play specific Warframes now? Is it some sort of Warframe cult that requires members to wear uniforms to even log in?

Anyways, just a numerical timer/indicator of being AFK would suffice. Maybe tell the new players what it is the first time, then just the indicator from then on. 

Uninformed*

Clever ;)

Actually any role which requires you to hang back or stay in place like Mesa's peacemaker is already avoided due to AFK system.

Naturally, this also applies to sniping, but long-ranged offence has literally no place in this game right now because it's not designed to.

Actually any role which requires you to hang back or stay in place like Mesa's peacemaker is already avoided due to AFK system.

Naturally, this also applies to sniping, but long-ranged offence has literally no place in this game right now because it's not designed to.

Well I hope that this icon would alleviate that issue by letting you know when you're actually being counted as AFK. That way you'll notice and start moving for just a moment before continuing your sniping! :D

I like this idea. I feel that a bunch of confusion could have been avoided if it was specified in the patch notes (or something) what basically does and does not count as AFK. When I read the hotfix notes, I assumed it was meant towards players who do not move at all, though this assumption could be wrong.

I like this idea. I feel that a bunch of confusion could have been avoided if it was specified in the patch notes (or something) what basically does and does not count as AFK. When I read the hotfix notes, I assumed it was meant towards players who do not move at all, though this assumption could be wrong.

For many abilities, staying in one place and only using them will cause you to be counted as AFK.

Agreed, all I really knew was that egate exploit was fixed, since I never did egate I didn't really care to investigate, but if this affects others it would be nice if they explain how this new mechanic works.

Agreed, all I really knew was that egate exploit was fixed, since I never did egate I didn't really care to investigate, but if this affects others it would be nice if they explain how this new mechanic works.

Not receiving rewards for being AFK has been in the game for quite some time now, only lack of energy acquisition is new.