Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Axzavior ,the Knight Warframe [High Quality Concept Arts] [Update2015/6/25- Text & Skills Updated] Suggestions Needed

LAME_NINJA

[[update 2015/3/20] 9 Concept Arts included] please leave a comment of what should i draw next for AXZAVIOR,i will release more concept arts when this topic have enough replys,we need your help to improve this idea! please leave a comment about how you think we can improve this concept!

ok,let us start by showing you one of the concept art of AXZAVIOR:

CONCEPT ART:  (click here for higher quality version: http://nobody00000000.deviantart.com/art/WARFRAME-CONCEPT-ART-AXZAVIOR-520056501?ga_submit_new=10%253A1426324883  )

10506959_928167717223634_883163037546908

"AXZAVIOR is the master of light and darkness,waiting to purify or engulf his enemies"

AXZAVIOR is KNIGHT WARFRAME,but in the same time he also have a unique theme going with it,he is the master of both dark/chaotic powers as well as bright/holy powers,this is represented by both his look and his skill set,AXZAVIOR also offers two completely different play style,one of which being close range/melee fright,while the other one features long range attack,on the appearance,his dark/chaotic powers are represented by his close range abilities, while the  bright/holy powers are related to his long range abilities.now,lets talk about his abilities.

(really sorry about my poor writing skills, thats also one of the reason why i really need your help to make this better)

abilities

11099289_988998871140518_647655697321694

COLLAPSE

AXZVIOR teleports to a enemy,creates a vacuum explosion at a target enemy,sucks in all enemies in a certain range and knock them down,makeing them easy to killed by melee attacks.have a ___ m range at max rank,and deals___ damage,one of the skills for closing to the enemys,and represent AXZVIOR's dark/chaotic powers

ALT power effect suggested by you guys:

- First off, not a teleport.  It'll be a ground-based AoE, like Oberon's Hallowed Ground.  Only instead of a line, it'll be a round patch.  Also, instead of directly underneath Ax, this power works at range.

- Have it impair enemy movement, either a slow or a snare.  As it's ground-based, it doesn't effect things in the air.  Thi way it doesn't compete with Bastille or Snow Globe, which still being different.  Allies do not receive any benefit from standing in the patch.

- Corrosive damage over time, small chance of status proc.

- When duration ends, cause an explosion that does light-to-moderate damage and knocks enemies down.

With this, you create a means to halt or slow enemy movement, which gives Ax the time he needs to move into range and shred enemies apart with melee.  And it doesn't render other CC's obsolete.

ABYSS

makes AXZVIOR transfroms in a dangerous farm,using melee attacks to tear his enemies,also cames with effects that banefits AXZVIOR(eg:when this is active this skill gives AXZAVIOR 70% auto parry chance, attacks blocked this way not only DONT drain stamina but also replenish it , reduces stamina drained by active blocking and attacking by 50%,-85%damage taken while active, -60%channeling cost,etc),drains energy overtime, can turn off at anytime as well,damage affacted by your melee weapon,one of the skills that represent AXZVIOR's dark/chaotic powers.

- Like Hysteria, this power would create that Shadow Blade in Ax's hand, replacing whatever weapon he was currently using.  It'll use some percentage of his melee weapons base damage and crit chance/severity.  It'll do Slash and/or Corrosive damage though.

- Toggle rather than duration.  I always prefer toggles because they give players much more control over how a power is used and when to turn it on or off, preventing wasted energy if you pop it too soon or too late.

- Ax sacrifices ALL his shields, healing himself and gains a scaling attack speed buff as his health drops.

- Auto-parry is fine, but rather than a stamina restore on block, just give him a large passive bonus to stamina regeneration, like the Quick Rest mod.  A melee damage reflection effect (to contrast Mesa's ranged damage reflection) works fine as well.

- Possible lifesteal on physical attack

- Charge E would cause Ax to throw out a shockwave in front of himself doing a large amount of Corrosive damage, but at the cost of health.  Whether this attack is radial or a line can always be decided later.

So this mode turns Ax into a rip-roaring melee machine, at the cost of energy and health, fitting with the motiff, while not being a straight upgrade of either Hysteria or Shatter Shield.

ART:

11050322_928167860556953_800509186815276

OUTCASTE

AXZVIOR send out a powerful waves of energy,send enemies rag-dolling away from him,this ability also halves effected enemy's heath at that time,has a range of ____m at max rank,a skill to use when enemys gets too close,and you want to get away form them,represent AXZVIOR's bright/holy powers,used by players have a long range play sytle

- First off, it'll be a 360 AoE Knock-towards.  So enemies hit will be flung off their feet and towards Ax instead of away.  This puts them well within range to attack, and gives allies a dense pack of things to shoot at.  Again, while not replacing similar powers.

- Because it's a 360, it'll have less range than pull.  The point is for Ax to fling himself into a pack of foes (even if they're spread out) and then yank them towards him so he can fillet them and serve them up in cutlets.

- Corrosive damage as usual, small chance of proc.

-Animation would involve him holding his arms out and then yanking them inward.  Could even create an inverse shockwave.  A ring of energy that gets drawn towards him, rather than thrown outward.

SPEAR OF JUDGMENT

makes AXZVIOR transfrom into a state where he can only throws powerful energy spears to attack enemys,these spears can also knock down enemies and send them rag-dolling,it also debuff their attack.spears can be charged to dear greating damage and a better AOE,in this state,AXZVIOR can use the right mouse button to block all in coming attacks but uses a bit more energy,used by players have a long range play sytle,also represent AXZVIOR's bright/holy powers,deals_____damage per spear at max rank,drains energy overtime, can turn off at anytime as well.

- On activation, Ax forms his wings, and the Spear.  The spear charges based on time.  Note, this does NOT mean you have to wait the whole duration for the Spear to be fully charged.  Only that the charge is proportional to the duration.  This means players modding for duration aren't penalized by having to wait longer for a full charge.

- Ax can swing the spear around.  It has a longer reach, wider sweeping combos, and higher base damage but attacks slower, and doesn't have the sort of crit chance/severity as the Shadow Blade.

- Spear does a combination Electric and Puncture damage, with a moderate-to-high chance for proccing the status effect.

- As the Spear charges, it receives a proportionate damage/attack speed buff, but never reaches the speed of the Shadow Blade.  Ax also receives a scaling armor buff and damage reduction based on the level of charge, but lowers his movement speed.

- If the duration runs out, or 4 is pressed anytime during the duration, Ax cancels all attacks and hurls the spear in the targeted direction, where it explodes in a wide radial blast.  Damage and range of the blast as usual, scales on charge.  If targets survive the blast, Ax gets a small heal-over-time based on how many enemies were hit and the charge of the spear, and if targets are killed, Ax receives an immediate heal, again, based on targets hit and spear charge.

- Explosion damage is Electric and procs at a 100% rate.

- The wings disappear after the Spear explode.

ART:

10996586_928167887223617_372711019746041

alt ability (suggested by you guys)

battle frenzy:

visual: enbends currently equipped weapon with dark power (it leaks out of the weapon and warframe and floats around them),

the abyss visual concept can be added to this one (due to raw geometry of warframe I would suggest dual weapons - both the same, sth like this would be the best:

kZ74xMR.jpg or this AdwbbKX.jpg)

mechanic:

- adding 200 base dmg to currently equipped weapon, it also doubles base critical chance and reach of currently equipped weapon.

- If player aim at certain enemy  AXZAVIOR blinks to that enemy (base range of ability around 20m) and performs 1st attack (if we aimed at head it will be headshot:) that has additional lifesteal option.

- ALL attacks that come after 1st one depend on equipped stance mod (if you want more than quick melee you have to activate melee stance). 

- This ability drains energy in continous way. 

- when its active you cant use your 1st ability

Ability 1: Spear of Judgement throw 1 spear at a time (or throw 3 in succession or something) rather than a sustained.

Ability 3 * New: Flames of Gehenna (pick a different name if you want) - Places a dark field at a targeted location. All enemies within are physically slowed, movement and attack speed.

*Name I was thinking something along the line of Penance or some sort of "area of judgement or reflection on past transgressions

Collapse: Combine it with Outcaste. Sucks enemies in, then explodes sending them out a ways. This may be a bit off since they are opposite aspects, but as an ultimate, it could be considered the merging of the two.

"Paladin" could increase Status Chance or apply a protection aura or something, while "Death Knight" would increase his raw damage - this could also change how his abilities work.

So, instead of "his highest level and most powerful abilities are the holy/light abilities" and "his lower, less powerful and less costly abilities are his dark/chaos abilities" While you're in Light form his abilities are like you have here: ranged, focused on distance support and keeping enemies away. While in Dark form his abilities are melee-focused: raw power, raw damage, bringing enemies closer and smiting them with darkness.

Think of it like Mirages Eclipse taken to the extreme - only permanent after casting and with MUCH more game-altering results. Visually this could be represented by the Abyss/Spear of Judgement visual effects.

LORE/STORY:

STORY by 

Meismarc

A sad day came upon me when everyday I search for my siblings, I was strolling the white streets paved gold. I was approached by a high knight with his soldiers on his back all lined with Orokin gold and asked me if I wanted to join the upcoming battle against the Sentients, he said I would be stationed near the Orokin leaders so i wouldn't be troubled on the war, he left and said I had one day to give my decision and to go to the station.

Over night I decided wether to use my light powers for the protection, my powers we're... let us say... adept in defensive measures but none in offensive and so i thought it over. I heard my brothers and sisters we're asked the same but... I never saw them anymore after giving their answer to the high knight. Came morning, i knew my decision was to say "no" because for sure my siblings wouldn't be gone if it weren't for the Orokin.

I went to the station where the high knight talked about, I saw him there talking to one... of... my siblings! I thought to myself that it was a miracle one of them is here! but wait... something is wrong... wait no... why did he toss him inside... he was just going to say n---...no... this can't be...They're forcing us to go!

I was shocked as cold steel grabbed me from behind and presented me to the high knight..."Ahhh you're here, so have you decided to be of contribution? what? no? well Orokin leaders need to be protected so we won't really take no for an answer" He glared in delight and tossed me insided the station... no... its a lab. 

They put me to sleep and i awakened in a bed...no...it was made of metal cold and full of scratches. Experimentation table. "You're awake! Well time to begin our little project : reversal" ... Reversal? what I don't know what was happening but they began putting lots of cuffs and metal around me. I felt suffocated. Then in my veins they placed a dark pulsating device. they pressed a butto----AHHH SHT! It injected something inside.meee my insidesss ahhh!!! *faint*

"Day 25, no signs of awakening from Subject : Reversal" I heard from a distance. I rose to my feet standing on the "bed" and faced my palm to the scientist "Oh you're awake but you must settle down your new pow----!!! AAAAAAHHHH" ... New powers? where is he... he disappeared like something consumed him. Was it this? Looking around my body its... dark... and glowing with darkness...No...NOOOOO! THEY TAMPERED WITH MY GIFT!... MY POWER! "My brothers... *i weep* what have they done" I saw them lifeless and disposed. No...

"Code : red! Subject : Reversal is on the loose and we need backup now---"*SLICE* Ah. that damn alarm and his nonsense. Messing a bit before i left, i find that i can materialise weapons but imbued with darkness. I escaped... and found the high knight standing outside, he prepared for a battle, but before a single second I dashed behind him and he was cast into oblivion... My Oblivion.... I left that lab alone but bloodied.

My powers only affect the flesh but not the object. I scavenged the high knight's armour and wore it... lined with white and gold...No... my powers they consumed it...Only darkness will follow me. I need to leave before they capture and abuse me... my siblings. I will avenge all of you.

BASE STATS: 

health:200

armor:550

shield:100

energy:125

QUEST:____

​as you can see,we need your ideas to help complete this concept,please leave a comment if you want to help,and i may put your ideas in this topic,remember: every reply matters!

​now please enjoy the art gallery!

CONCEPT ARTs:

AXZVIOR's helmet design thumbnails:

11021458_928167783890294_577763751320653

HELMET CONCEPT ARTs:

10835432_928167743890298_257301010399414

1617662_928167827223623_7076866835251290

11051784_928167680556971_508374998074544

10996523_928167683890304_670737378067950

all of these arts are done by me,

if you want to see more of my concept arts,please click here:http://nobody00000000.deviantart.com/

what do you think i should draw for this frame NEXT?

Edited by LAME_NINJA

The art is very nice but I would redesign 2nd and 4rd skill. You have to decide if you want melee or ranged warframe.

Here are my ideas about skills. General thoughts: all skills dmg is based on currently equipped weapon. 

1- same as yours (its really great;p)

2- when  melee stance is active this skill gives AXZAVIOR 70% auto parry chance, attacks blocked this way not only DONT drain stamina but also replenish it (by the amout it should be drained), reduces stamina drained by active blocking and attacking by 50%

3- same as yours (its really great;p)

4- battle frenzy:

visual: enbends currently equipped weapon with dark power (it leaks out of the weapon and warframe and floats around them),

the abyss visual concept can be added to this one (due to raw geometry of warframe I would suggest dual weapons - both the same, sth like this would be the best:

kZ74xMR.jpg or this AdwbbKX.jpg)

mechanic:

- adding 200 base dmg to currently equipped weapon, it also doubles base critical chance and reach of currently equipped weapon.

- If player aim at certain enemy  AXZAVIOR blinks to that enemy (base range of ability around 20m) and performs 1st attack (if we aimed at head it will be headshot:) that has additional lifesteal option.

- ALL attacks that come after 1st one depend on equipped stance mod (if you want more than quick melee you have to activate melee stance). 

Edited by Kripion

The art is nice but I woul redesign 2nd and 4rd skill. You have to decide if you want melee or ranged warframe.

Here are my ideas about skill. General thoughts: all skills dmg is based on currently equipped weapon. 

1- same as yours (its really great;p)

2- when  melee stance is active this skill gives AXZAVIOR 70% auto parry chance, attacks blocked this way not only DONT drain stamina but also replenish it (by the amout it should be drained), reduces stamina drained by active blocking and attacking by 50%

3- same as yours (its really great;p)

4- battle frenzy:

visual: enbends currently equipped weapon with dark power (it leaks out of the weapon and warframe and floats around them)

mechanic:

- adding 200 base dmg to currently equipped weapon, it also doulbes base critical chance of currently equipped weapon.

- If player aim at certain enemy AXZAVIOR dashes to that enemy (base range of ability around 20m) and performs 1rst attack that has additional lifesteal option.

really nice ideas, will add your ideas on the 2nd skill to the topic,might also add the alt power you suggested 

I could definitely go for this. For clarification, the first ability is almost a hybrid between the Divebomb augment (pulls enemies in) and Ash's Teleport? I think that's unique enough, as long as the damage and range isn't too high.

Really cool concept, I've been wanting a light/dark frame as well as a knight that's more knight-ish than Excal. You covered it all :p

This could also fill the role of the next bulk frame. Give it armor as high as Valkyr, maybe even higher, and similarly reduce shields, I think that would represent it's theme as well.

I don't even know what to say about the art... concept art prime confirmed

I could definitely go for this. For clarification, the first ability is almost a hybrid between the Divebomb augment (pulls enemies in) and Ash's Teleport? I think that's unique enough, as long as the damage and range isn't too high.

Really cool concept, I've been wanting a light/dark frame as well as a knight that's more knight-ish than Excal. You covered it all :p

This could also fill the role of the next bulk frame. Give it armor as high as Valkyr, maybe even higher, and similarly reduce shields, I think that would represent it's theme as well.

I don't even know what to say about the art... concept art prime confirmed

I like both the idea and the concept, hope it'll make its way into the game some day.

We could use some more bulky characters like Rhino and I dig that.

nice ideas on the armor,will charge the armor stats.

also,thanks for the comments,helped a lot.

btw,will replying to your own topic have somekind of "view-lock" on your topic?it just seems a bit werid to me

I've noticed that you have an another warframe concept named SILAS in your space, will you introduce he? :D

i alleady did,its over here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/413988-silas-the-infested-power-warframe-complete-with-concept-art/#entry4573447

Edited by LAME_NINJA

I think Abyss should give a channeling bonus, like -50% channeling cost or +100% channeling damage. In it's current form it's main effect seems to be that it increases defense and increases stamina. I don't think that alone will make him quite the melee monster you want him to be in that mode and no frames currently have anything to facilitate channeling.

Edited by jmforeman02

I think Abyss should give a channeling bonus, like -50% channeling cost or +100% channeling damage. In it's current form it's main effect seems to be that it increases defense and increases stamina. I don't think that alone will make him quite the melee monster you want him to be in that mode and no frames currently have anything to facilitate channeling.

thanks,will add more bonus tp abyss