Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Eon - Chronokinetic (Time) Frame ~ With Artwork/animations

kingfirejet

Hello fellow Tenno. I present to you my take on the Time Warframe Concept.Time based Warframes aren't a new concept, but there also haven't been many concepts out there as well. They've been here for as long as can remember since maybe Nova's creation in the Design Council. Some think Time Control would break the game, but I think otherwise. I thought it would be neat to implement some eastern culture with stylized abilities.

Simple Summary

Warframe Concept Name: Eon

1. Specializes Chronokinetic Combat (Time Manipulation Combat).

2. Fantastic all around abilities that support as well as crowd control.

3. Can slow, speed up, and freeze time.

4. Health is a priority attribute for this frame.

5. Focuses on DOT (Damage over time).

aVi1uCp.png

yaTF9bW.png

lJfySZV.jpg

6K6pccj.png

Name: Eon (Is a measurement of time)

Alternate Names:

Kronos: Time in Greek

Kairos: Time in Greek

Tempus: Time in Latin

Concept: Time based Warframe (Chronokinetic)

Combat Style: Aggro and AoE Control

Inspiration:

Design is based on Eastern Asia warriors. Its got a Monk like appearance with some Shaolin warrior mixed in. I wanted to sort of fit in with the Warframe feel then again we have a bird, pirate, and soon a Dragon frame so I'm not afraid of it not fitting with the original Warframe concept.

919iAgP.jpg

Codex Entry:

"Eon was found banished in the rift, holding in an immense amount of knowledge of past, present, and glimpses of whats to come. Using his powers, he's able to manipulate time itself within any space and is capable of reducing enemies to the the very elements of their being."

rgkEwk8.png

Base Stats:

Health: 130 

Shield: 90

Energy: 100

Armor: 15

Speed: 1.25

Stat Comparison:

Health: < Saryn, Ash, Zephyr

Shield: = Nekros

Energy: = Average among most frames

Armor: = Nyx, Trinity, Volt, Banshee

Speed: = Loki

dOTqwxt.png

VgWUwTl.png1. TEMPORAL STRIKE - 25 ENERGY

Animation Sample

DpfqQeo.gif

Ability Text: Time rift energy focuses into a deadly palm attack that degrades any target to in the direction.

Explanation: Eon focuses his powers into a palm strike that impacts any target(s) in the direction desired. Player can hold ability button and charge it longer for increased range and effectiveness.

+ Inflicts Radiation DoT for 5/7/10/12 secs.
+ Movement Speed reduced by a minimum 10% to a max of 65% for holding ability longer.
- Charging ability drains  10 / 8 / 6 / 4 energy per second.
Augment: *WIP

OVqzTR8.png2. INFUSION - 50 ENERGY

Ability Text: Eon generates time rift energy then infuses it into the weaponry of his allies and himself.

Explanation: Eon casts an aura onto himself and nearby allies for 7/10/12/15 secs.

+ Allies and you get 7% /10% / 15% / 20% increased fire rate.
+ Blocking cancels all damage from projectile weapons.
Augment: 

Casting Infusion will also add 100% Radiation damage to your weaponry and allies, dealing damage over time.

4irze8x.png 3. TIME THEFT - 75 ENERGY

Ability Text: Eon mediates and surges time rift energy to the area around him.

Explanation: Eon generates an AoE aura where enemies that get killed in the area have a random chance to regenerate your health and stamina over time for 4/8/10/12 secs.

RBtKYEl.png 4. ATROPHY - 100 ENERGY

Animation Sample

TKbj3iX.gif

Ability Text: Unleashes waves of time distortion completely freezing time of all targets and accelerates their cells into dust.

Explanation: Eon performs a drop kick AoE strike that freezes all enemies and then slowly degenerates their cells. Enemies that die will turn to dust/particles and those that survive will be left confused after the ability cedes. 

+ Deals 800 Radiation DMG

+ Inflicts 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 per sec Corrosive DoT

+ Freezes targets within 5/7/8/10m.

+ Enemies that survive will be 100% confused.

Alternative Abilities (Revising the current 4 abilities, might add one of these):

* means Work in Progress

Time Wisp: Eon turns transparent for 5/7/10/12 secsand any enemy he walks through will be inflicted with x% slowness and take x% from weapons. 

Augment:

Walking through an ally will give them an over shield.

*Cognition: Eon pinpoints all targets in the area along with any mods, drops, etc of 5/10/15/20mon the minimap.

*Reversal: Eon does a cone of AoE in front of him, any targets hit will be "rewinded" to where they were 4/8/10/12 seconds agoand will have 100% confusion.

*Chrono Barrier: Casts a barrier around himself where all projectiles that enter it will be frozen in time for X seconds. Pressing the ability button again will ricochet all projectiles back at targets.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to give constructive feedback and opinions.

QRz4MYB.png

[Warframe Concept] Pollux - Summoner Frame [https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/378438-warframe-concept-pollux-meleesummoner-the-game-changer-lots-of-artwork/]

Edited by kingfirejet
  • Like 1

this fits a time warframe very well! most every skill has an emphasis on making use of duration and timers, thus being very appropriate. also interesting how you actually made time into an aggressive force to be reckoned with.

the duration on his 4 has me 100% confused. (there's no duration listed)

Very interesting, I'd like to see some more traditional design for our upcoming frames and mixing time mechanics with a Shaolin monk theme would be a great way to revisit the traditional frame design while also remaining progressive and unique in a power/gameplay sense.

this fits a time warframe very well! most every skill has an emphasis on making use of duration and timers, thus being very appropriate. also interesting how you actually made time into an aggressive force to be reckoned with.

the duration on his 4 has me 100% confused. (there's no duration listed)

Thanks for the feedback. 4 is an instant AoE. If it was timed, it would kinda be OP.

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately, I could not really see anyone using the third ability you currently have listed. Replacing it with Chrono Barrier or Reversal would be more useful.

Personally I'd like to see it if his 4 Either aged them to death, or did the Reversal to confuse them, and replace the 3 with the Chrono Barrier. Overall though, pretty good job!

• 5 years later...

Me being a jojo fan and seeing the way the stats are showcased: STANDO POWAH!

i'm only reviving this thread because i find the theme interesting.

i would definitely like a Warframe with literally infinite speed, by accelerating the flow of time...

or compress time so actions that would take minutes pass in seconds 

we have Temporal anchor so that's out of the table...and we have time stop on Rhino and Limbo

On 2015-03-14 at 4:10 PM, kingfirejet said:

Alternative Abilities (Revising the current 4 abilities, might add one of these):

Here's an Idea for an Ultimate Ability:

4. Time Stands Still - 100 ENERGY

Ability Text: In a tremendous display of raw power, Eon slows time itself to a crawl, allowing him to acomplish a lot more in far less time.

Explanation: When activated, everything except Eon, any Tenno, and any Conpanions and Sentients, and any bullets or projectiles any of the above are firing, are slowed tremendously. Perfect for unleashing holy hell on a boss's weak spot or entering into melee with a ton of enemies without fear of retaliation.

+ While this ability is active

+ Loot, health, and energy orbs can still be picked up.

+ Again, this ability affects EVERYTHING, including any incoming projectiles from enemies and the timers on Corpus Ciphers.

Augment: Enhancing Stasis

Projectiles fired during Time Stands Still do additional damage.

Edited by Brinstar7777
Unbalanced, had to fix.

24 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Here's an Idea for an Ultimate Ability:

4. Time Stands Still - 100 ENERGY

Ability Text: In a tremendous display of raw power, Eon slows time itself to a complete standstill, allowing him to accomplish 20 seconds of work in the blink of an eye.

Explanation: When activated, everything except Eon, any Tenno, and any Conpanions and Sentients, and any bullets or projectiles any of the above are firing, are frozen in place. Perfect for unleashing holy hell on a boss's weak spot or entering into melee with a ton of enemies without fear of retaliation.

+ This affects any incoming projectiles from enemies, making them hillariously easy to dodge.

+ Loot, health, and energy orbs can still be picked up.

+ Again, this ability affects EVERYTHING, including the timers on Corpus Ciphers.

Augment: Enhancing Stasis

Limbo halts all enemies in the Rift, freezing them in suspended animation for 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 seconds. Additionally, enemy weapon hit-scan gunfire, projectiles, and beams in flight within the Rift cease to move for the duration. While active, the Rift is able to contain 300 enemy weapon fire objects before it becomes unstable; exceeding this limit will end the ability prematurely to resume all Rift-bound enemy activity.

Limbo's Stasis has been changed to make it more cooperative! Now, Stasis only stops time for Enemies. Limbo's Gear and all Ally Gear will continue to function.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Limbo halts all enemies in the Rift, freezing them in suspended animation for 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 seconds. Additionally, enemy weapon hit-scan gunfire, projectiles, and beams in flight within the Rift cease to move for the duration. While active, the Rift is able to contain 300 enemy weapon fire objects before it becomes unstable; exceeding this limit will end the ability prematurely to resume all Rift-bound enemy activity.

Limbo's Stasis has been changed to make it more cooperative! Now, Stasis only stops time for Enemies. Limbo's Gear and all Ally Gear will continue to function.

Yeah, my Ultimate move Idea is like that, but on an exponentially larger scale. It doesn't just freeze enemies in a small rift, it freezes EVERY enemy in the tileset, and some other things, such as the timers on Corpus Ciphers.

2 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

it freezes EVERY enemy in the tileset, and some other things, such as the timers on Corpus Ciphers.

That's not at all balanced though. Limbo can freeze enemies in "a small rift" and he's considered the best defense Warframe (as long as Nullifiers don't exist). People also hate Limbo, because he makes the game annoying by halting enemies, meaning you have to walk over and kill them instead of letting them come to you.

Now imagine Limbo, but it's the ENTIRE MAP, while not being instantly cancelled by Nullifiers, with a better duration, and a damage bonus for your entire team if you use the augment.

It doesn't matter if you have to use 100 energy to recast. There are ways to cheese the energy economy to allow 100% uptime on total map cc.

39 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

That's not at all balanced though. Limbo can freeze enemies in "a small rift" and he's considered the best defense Warframe (as long as Nullifiers don't exist). People also hate Limbo, because he makes the game annoying by halting enemies, meaning you have to walk over and kill them instead of letting them come to you.

Now imagine Limbo, but it's the ENTIRE MAP, while not being instantly cancelled by Nullifiers, with a better duration, and a damage bonus for your entire team if you use the augment.

It doesn't matter if you have to use 100 energy to recast. There are ways to cheese the energy economy to allow 100% uptime on total map cc.

Okay, point taken. The Ultimate ability has been changed so that it only slows time and doesn't stop it.