Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fanfiction] Suda Says.

Austell

I've just finished writing a fairly lengthy piece on a character of which I am extremely fond. Since I am fairly proud of having finally completed something I started, I thought I'd share it with the wider community, in the hopes of getting an opinion on how it has turned out.

It's on Google Docs - here is the link, if you're interested.

Edited by Midtime

The end was rather painful for me considering my favourite frame is Valkyr. And Nova is among my most loved ones too. Great writing, but the end left me rather disappointed. I do not like Tenno deaths. Especially when it's concering my fav frames / characters.

The end was rather painful for me considering my favourite frame is Valkyr. And Nova is among my most loved ones too. Great writing, but the end left me rather disappointed. I do not like Tenno deaths. Especially when it's concering my fav frames / characters.

Thank you for commenting! I'm not especially fond of killing off main characters, either. But I'm glad you liked the writing. ^^

What the? People actually do this stuff?

I'm afraid that, much to the chagrin of natural selection, writers continue to exist.

This was very well done. I liked how you depicted Suda as being very person-like with a lot of concern for Nova. The contrast between Valkyr and Nova really helped to define them as two distinct people with two different goals in helping Suda. Most excellent work.

Thank you for the compliments! It's especially delightful to hear them from some one who writes so prolifically. I'm glad the characterisation drew your attention - it's something I've been working on. ^^

Good stuff, the Cephalon are really never heard of in these fictions. I thoroughly enjoyed this :) do you plan on continuing?

It's my pleasure - all the Cephalons I know of are fascinating in their own way. And thank you. =)

In terms of plot, I feel this story is pretty much all done, but I might well try out more Warframe fiction - especially concerning Suda and the Tenno - in future. You're welcome to suggest a topic!

On that subject, is there any particular platform you would recommend for hosting fiction? I'm looking at a few options, but don't know how well any of them lend themselves to easy reading.

Edited by Midtime

Well, Google Docs serves well enough for putting files online and is very convenient for writing, but not every reader will want their Warframe and Google+ identities to be connected. I have an Archive Of Our Own and a deviantArt account, but converting formatting to HTML for them can be fairly tricky; and I can post here on the forum, but that either stretches threads unpleasantly or involves spoiler tags, which don't look very good. It's not a very serious issue, but I'm not quite satisfied with any of them currently.

Well, Google Docs serves well enough for putting files online and is very convenient for writing, but not every reader will want their Warframe and Google+ identities to be connected. I have an Archive Of Our Own and a deviantArt account, but converting formatting to HTML for them can be fairly tricky; and I can post here on the forum, but that either stretches threads unpleasantly or involves spoiler tags, which don't look very good. It's not a very serious issue, but I'm not quite satisfied with any of them currently.

Why not just give it a try for a couple of chapters? See how it turns out? The pages in Warframe's forums are pretty wide so it won't look too compressed at least.

Also, it was a good read, it's solid enough that I would probably enjoy whatever you churn out next!

Edited by Defibrillate