Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Fanfiction) Broken Valkyrie Mega-Thread

Crazyninjadude12

This thread will house every single chapter for my fanfic, Broken Valkyrie, new and old. (I missed 7 and 8, they're near the bottom)

P.S: I'm sorry if this looks like I'm trying to bump this to the top, I was just pasting my chapters down.

P.P.S: If you have any suggestions or comments, let them be known in the Broken Valkyrie Discussion thread!

Edited by Crazyninjadude12

Chapter One

Waking Nightmare

I wake up with a jolt, breathing heavily as I try to piece together what is going on and what happened when I went to sleep. I remember a tall, winged, and magnificent figure, clad in gold and white armor, saying something.

What was he saying......? Wait... is he a he? Or is he a she? no, definitely a he.....

Trying to rack up all the memories I can I try to piece together what he was saying, and who he was.

Kyran! His name was Kyran! But.... Who am I?

I try to gather up more memories but can't remember my name, and suddenly with a loud fwoosh, the door to my cryopod opens. Hesitating slightly, I listen for movement or voices, but don't hear any.

I sit up in my frozen bed and lift my leg over the side of it to get up. Suddenly feeling woozy I sit back down and put my hand against the door of the cryopod for balance. I feel an imperfection in the door and move my thumb to see the words Sylvia, remember etched into the door.

Sylvia...... is that my name? If so, what am I supposed to remember? 

I look down at my reflection, and realize how magnificent my Warframe looks, with my white-gold armor, angled and edged, and my magnificent wings, the things I am most proud of, what makes me unique to current Warframes.

I begin to hear voices coming from another room, or is it the same room? Looking to the end of the room, I see two large figures and one smaller, slightly hunched over one. The tall figures wear square masks with a thin, light blue visor, and hold large rifles, along with a some sort of metal rod with arcs of electricity coming from it.

The smaller figure points in my direction and says something to the others. The tall almost machine-like people start to walk towards me with their lightning rods, and I suddenly realize they aren't here for the intent of helping me. I try to stand but I'm too disoriented to stand upright, and fall over the instant I try to stretch my wings.

Each of the square-faced men grab me by the arms and drag me towards the smaller, unmasked man. His eyes are large and observant. He seems to be examining me, as if I'm some piece of property, some item. Feeling anger flowing through me, I try to strike at him but I'm still too disoriented to do anything.

The man grins. "This will do just fine, Anyo, knock it out." Then everything went dark.

------------

Waking up to a maddening pain where my wings connected to my back, I try to scream but can't. 

What is happening!?

I look at a reflection on the floor, and a feeling of dread mixed with fury fills my stomach.

My wings! What happened to my wings!?

I try to move my arms but fail, then a sudden jolt of pain spreads through my whole body.

Why are they doing this to me!?  

I try to scream again but only a mangled moan escapes my throat. Trying to move again, I am only given the same, un-moving result. After many long and agonizing hours of dissection everything goes dark again, and I wake up on an angle, restrained to the wall.

I can only look forward, and I see my reflection in a window across from me, and instead of seeing the magnificent Valkyrie I once was, I see a husk, a shadow of what I once was.... an abomination.

I try to roar in anger, but only a sob comes out.

"W-why!?" I say in a hoarse voice, half weeping.

"Who would do this!? W-what monster would d-do this to someone!?" I sob, and the abomination in the window sobs back.

Staring reluctantly at my reflection, I cry myself to sleep. I wake up to a face that seems familiar, and then the memory of him comes back to me. My captor.

"Wake up Tenno" He says in an almost machine-like voice. "We have a long day of progress ahead of us!" My eye twitches at what he says.

"I will never help you at whatever you are trying to do, never!" The man chuckles and replies.

"Who ever said you had a say in this? You are nothing but property, Tenno... My property." and then another day of maddening pain began, the second of many, many, days.

------------

What seems like years later I wake up from another night of staring at the abomination in the window. Me. I wait in dread for the man I've heard referred to as Alad V, a name I now loathe, but, he never arrives, in fact, no one arrives. 

Is this it? Did they leave me to whither and rot, as they forge that aberration of Tenno flesh they call a miracle? Leave me to die slowly as I am- wait.... my arms, they feel loose...

I try to move my arm and to my surprise, it moves slightly.

I-I can break free?

Moving my arm again, this time with all the strength I can muster, I break my arm free. I frantically claw at the restraint on my other arm, break it free, and fall face-first into the floor. I frantically claw at the restraints on my legs to break free of my torturous prison, and stand to look around the room.

I begin quivering in excitement when I see the door, I start to laugh uncontrollably, thinking of the sweet, sweet revenge I'll inflict on my enemies, the Corpus. 

They took my wings, my armor, my pride....... and the right to call myself a Tenno...... and for that.... I will tear them apart piece by piece and make them watch! I will rip Alad V's spine out of his throat!

Chapter 2

Unexpected Reunion

Looking out of the window of the Liset into the big red spot of Jupiter, I wait for the The Lotus' next instructions.

"You know, Karn, I always thought that Jupiter was better off with the Infested, because at least they gave a Tenno a chance to die with some honour."

Exclaims the young but experienced Sylus, average sized, average build, and uses an Excalibur Warframe, along with set of Kronen, a Vasto, and a Karak.

"Hm." Is my only reply.

I head back to the armoury to inspect my gear, making sure my Rhino Class Warframe, Hek Shotgun, Marelock, and Galatine is in fighting condition, polished, and in the Galatine's case, sharpened.              

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Says the impatient voice of the energetic Volt-user, Taryin, who is armed with an Amprex, some Castanas, and an Amphis.

"We are waiting for the Lotus' orders, Taryin, be patient." I say with annoyance, this being the twentieth time he's said something similar to that.

"Karn, what should I expect from the Corpus?" The very novice Kyla queries, this being her first time fighting the Corpus, she uses a Mag Class Warframe, MK-1 Braton, Lex, and Bo.

"Energy weapons, state-of-the-art security systems, and MOAs, Lot's of them." I reply, glad that she's being smart and trying to know her enemies before the fight.

"MOAs?" Asks the now confused novice.

"Security droids, with a head mounted 360 degree rotating energy blaster, but some have a few other modifications." Once again glad to help Kyla.

"Alright, thanks." She replies with a somewhat stressed voice, I can tell the idea of fighting the Zanuka is getting to her, especially since it's been made of dead Tenno. Then I hear the mysterious voice of the Lotus.

"Tenno, I have located the position of Alad V's lab, be careful, there is something else in there, and I don't think it's the Zanuka, sending coordinates now."

"Coordinates received, we'll keep an eye out."

------------

Breathing heavily, I feel warm, but only on certain spots, my arms and my chest. Confused, I look around the room, last remembering being in my cell, and what I see triggers an impulse I haven't felt in a long time, the impulse to throw up.

I frantically take my helmet off and throw it across the room, and what little contents that were in my stomach come flying from my mouth. All around me I see the dismembered bodies of Corpus crewmen strewn across the room, and even one hanging from a girder by his intestines. I look at my hands, quivering and covered in blood.

With my eyes locked on my hands, I fall to my knees, weeping.

"So this is what I-I've become? Some uncontrollable monster, ruthlessly tearing apart anything that moves?"

My weeping is interrupted by the noise of gunfire, the unsheathing of swords, and the cries of the Zanuka. I stand up, pick up my helmet, put it on, and follow the source of the noise and then, after the roaring sounds of a Corpus personnel carrier's thrusters, all is silent.

I exit the through the door in front of me and am greeted by the blinding light of the sun, my eyes take a moment to adjust, when they do, I see four other Tenno, but no Alad V, or Zanuka. Quivering in fury I expect that they killed him.

He. Was. Mine!!! He was mine to kill!! Not theirs!!

Letting off a Warcry I charge at the weakest of them, armed with only a metal rod as a melee weapon. The largest of the four turns around and suddenly appears to glimmer, as if he were made of some precious metal, and charges. Leaping over him and jumping off his shoulders, I continue my fury-driven charge at the weakling. I can tell she fears me, she assumes a defensive position, a flimsy one.

I perform an uppercut, automatically breaking her stance, I leap behind her and grab the back of her throat and slam her head into the floor repeatedly, with the intent to break her dome visor. In my assault I forgot about the metal-clad tenno and he charges into my side, I hear bones break, but I do not react, in my Hysterical state I do not notice the pain, I begin slashing at him repeatedly with claws made of pure energy. But to no effect, at the corner of my eye, I see a smaller Tenno charging at me with a sword of light. Turning around I let off a paralyzing blast of energy, stopping both of the attacking Tenno in their tracks, I slash the smaller one across his torso, he falls to the ground, holding his wound, I turn to the largest one, no longer glimmering, I recommence my assault on him.

"He was mine to kill!! Not yours!!" The Tenno bashes me with his arm and tries to back away, but I quickly recover and drag him towards me with a rip line, and then upper cut him, sending him flying back.

Arcs of electricity fly towards me, one of the things that of what remains of my Warframe was attuned to resist. I walk towards the wielder of the lightning gun, then I suddenly break out into a sprint when the frail Tenno reloads. Letting off another Warcry, I leap onto him and start to shred his armour, he kicks me off and stands back up. I quickly jump back to my feet, run towards him, and slide and spin rapidly as I slice at him with my claws I make contact with his leg and hear a cry of immense pain, I grab his leg, and throw him to the other side of the lab, putting him out of the fight.

"Hey you! Smile!!"

Hearing one of my adversaries' taunts I turn around only to be greeted by a flash of blinding light.

"Gaaaaah!!"

In my blinded state a flail my arms around in all directions, when my vision returns to me, I see the light sword-wielding Tenno charging at me again, I raise my arm and grab him by the face, throw him to the ground, and stomp on his gut.

Breathing heavily, I realize what I'm doing and I back away from the injured Tenno and fall. I sit up and stare at my blood-soaked hands.

"W-what have I become? W-Why am I doing this?"

I tear my helmet from my head and throw it across the now demolished lab. I flinch when I see the  strongest Tenno looking down at me, holding his shoulder, but what he says surprises me.

"Sylvia...? Is that you?" I flinch and look him where his eyes would be.

"H-How do you know my name?" The Tenno takes off his helmet and memories come flooding back to me. 

Karn, his name is Karn! Oh god..... I tore him up pretty bad.....

I look to the injured Tenno who just stood up.

"Don't worry about me, Syl, my internal organs will be fine..... I hope."

His name...... His name is Sylus! 

"Yea...... thanks..." I say in a sarcastic tone.

I look back at Karn. "Will...... the others be okay? I-I-I-"

Karn replies wearily, and sits in front of me, clearly still recovering from my assault. "I'm sure they'll be fine, Sylus, take them to extraction, I'll talk with Sylvia."

"Yea, okay."

I stay sitting with my knees up to my chest, being overwhelmed by multiple emotions at once. Sorrow, anger, remorse..... Fear.

"Sylvia, come on, come home, with us." I look at Karn, with tears forming in my eyes. 

"But.... I just tried to kill all of you.....  And you want me to join you?" Karn sighs, and moves to rest on one knee. "Sylvia, don't be tha-"

"I just tore a whole room's worth of crewmen apart with my bare hands! They tore my Warframe apart and turned me into.... Into... This!" I make a gesture to my body.

"They turned me into a monster..... An... An abomination.... They..... They  took my wings..."

Karn puts his hand on my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me. "Sylvia. you're no monster, and not even close to an abomination... come back home.... please. We all miss you." Silently, I stand and offer to help Karn up.

"Thanks." Karn grabs my arm and I help him stand.

Chapter 3

Home

When we arrive at the dojo where my clan, my honorary family lives, I'm astounded by the view I have long forgotten, I feel that I don't belong here... Not anymore.

"I.... I feel that I don't belong here..." Karn gestures to Sylus to get the two other Tenno to the medical wing.

"Sylvia. I still believe that you are still the same Tenno that you were when you went into your frozen sleep. I'm sure everyone else would be glad to see you, Silvee would be ecstatic to see you after so long."

Silvee....... Silvee! I remember her! She's like a sister to me...

"I'm quite glad we found you, despite your current condition." Karn finishes off.

Taking off my helmet, I smile at Karn, and give him a hug, even with his helmet on, I can tell he's surprised. He hugs me back after a split second. A few moments later we continue through the door and enter the grand hall, and memories flow back to me, and I see Silvee, donned in her Zephyr class Warframe, minus the helmet. I wave and she looks confused for a second, but then she realizes when I call her name.

"Silvee!" recognizing my voice, she has a suprised expression on her face.

"Sylvia? Is that you!?" She runs toward me, her face full of glee, and within the span of three seconds, she has her arms around me laughing, and I am too.

"I-I missed you so much! I- wait..... what happened to your wings....?" she asks, the last question I wanted to hear.

"I..." I take a deep breath. "Th-The Corpus....... They... They took them.... They did.... 'This' to me..." I make a gesture to my Warframe...

"O-Oh my god...... W-Why would they do that...?" I, believing the reason was best left unknown to her, at least for the moment, remain silent, and Silvee decides to change the subject.

"Well, Triss would be unhappy if I didn't bring you to see her, you remember her, right? Cryosleep can do a number on your memory." Memories of Triss come flooding back to me, she uses a Trinity class Warframe. She's like mother to everyone, and couldn't bear losing a single one of us... seeing me like this.....

"Yea, I do, let's pay her a visit. If of course she isn't busy with the others."

Silvee tilts her head innocently. "Oh, Kyla and Taryin? I'm sure Triss would be done patching them up, they didn't look too bad... say, do you know happened to them?" I flinch when asked, and look down at the floor, with a somewhat shameful face.

"Wait.... Did..... Yo-"

"Yes! Yes...... I-I did..... Being in that.... Place... Made me eager to get revenge... I didn't see the person responsible... But saw Karn and the others..."

Silvee looks at Karn, who was standing nearby, talking with someone else.

"K-Karn? Did... Sylvia-?" Karn looks over to us and assumes what Silvee was asking about and answers.

"Yeah, took on all four of us, and walked out nearly unscathed, she thought we took her kill, denied her revenge, got really angry....... Rage can do that to person."

------------

When Sylus walked in with Kyla slumped over his shoulder and Taryin leaning on him for balance as he hopped on one leg, unable to use the other, I was horrified by the damage dealt to them.

Kyla's visor is shattered, glass shards riddled across her face, and from what I can tell, suffering from a concussion. While Taryin's Achilles Tendon is cut, and has many broken bones. Sylus didn't get hit as much  but is obviously in pain, I get them all on a medical bed and tend to their injuries.

To be able to tend to Taryin's broken bones I have to take his Warframe off, which takes around five minutes. I get him into some casual wear after I tend to his leg, ribs, and tendon. I move on to Kyla, who seems to have taken the brunt of it, pain wise, at least. I do all I can, getting the shards of glass out of her face and stitch closed the cuts they formed.

"Oh my god..... Sylus, did the Zanuka do this to them?" Sylus shakes his head in denial.

"No, it didn't, It was.. Eeeh, someone you really wouldn't expect." The enterance to the room opens and I see Silvee accompanied by a familiar face on an unfamiliar body, Sylvia.

"Sylvia? Is that you?" I quickly, but equally skillfully finish the stitching of the last cut on Kyla's face and run to Sylvia to give her a hug.

"I missed you so much.... Much more than you think" Sylvia says, her voice nearly cracking up, I can feel her quivering, either of excitement or something else I can't tell. I back away to get a good look at her Warframe, and notice that it looks an awful lot like it's been combined with Corpus technology, and before that, torn apart, and that's she's wingless.

"Sylvia... What happened to you.....? Your wings... They're gone..." She remains silent, obviously what happened to her left her scarred, in more ways than one, I hug her, she cries into my shoulder, Silvee, hugs her as well. "Sylvia.... D-Don't cry...." Says Silvee, seeming very close to crying as well. "T-T-They took them..... M-M-M-My wings..... My magnificent wings......." Sylvia mumbles, half weeping. I tighten my hug, and Sylvia winces.

"Oh, sorry, are you hurt?"  Sylvia looks at me painfully.  "Y-Yea.... I think so.."

"Yea, I'm just, you know, bleeding internally over here, no big deal, heard it was quite the pass time!" Sylus interrupts.

"Yeah yeah, I'm coming. Sylvia, just lay on that bed over there, I'm just going to tend to Sylus over here."

After tending to Sylus' wounds I tend to Sylvia, but the restraints on Sylvia's Warframe prevents me from removing it, making me unable to tend to her broken ribs.

"Oh, yeah... These... Things."

"That will prove a problem...  for now, just get some rest, and try not to lay on your side." Sylvia sighs.

"Okay, I'll try to get some sleep... might do me some good." And she does so, remembering how cute she is when asleep, I smile, and walk to Kyla's bed to check on her.

Chapter 4

Infested by Nightmares

A Corpus personnel carrier drops me off at an old Corpus battleship, overrun by Infested. This is when I was deemed ready for infested extermination by Alad V. I can tell the area around me once was in a pressurized environment, enclosed by the hull of the ship, but now the only thing holding the area together is the disgusting, nearly plant-like Infested growth, weaving and knotting throughout the ship like vines.

When they threw me off the carrier, I was terrified, despite that I was once fearless before I was taken. My courage was destroyed in that lab, just like my Warframe. Just like my mind.

The Infested hear me almost immediately after I land, and they charge in an enormous horde, in response, I go into a fear-driven Hysteria, frantically clawing at them like a cornered animal. One of the beasts explode and I am sent flying backwards into a wall. I know I am injured by the blast but I pay no heed to the jolts of pain all over my body.

The doors across the chaos-strewn area open and a tall, slender aberration of flesh walks through, one arm longer than the other, and where there should be a mouth are only a mass of tendrils. Its body is smooth and lets off a sickly gleam, as if its skin is covered in an ooze of some sort. It lets off a bone-chilling shriek and runs in my direction.

Once five others charge through the door, eager to cause my death, I retreat. My Hysteria will not save me in this fight. I outrun them eventually and find a vacant room. I quickly rush into the room and lock the door. Sitting down with my knees tucked to my chest, I try to breathe deeply and to be quiet.

Why them? Why did they send me against them? Sure... They pumped me full of anti-toxin, made me nearly immune venom... But you can't fix fear...

I begin to hear the tortured moaning and wailing of the Infested and I begin to freak out. 

No no no no no no no no no... Please no... Please no! There has to be some way out! Please let me out!

The door crashes open and Infested come pouring in, one leaps on me and screeches. I can't move, I can't fight, I can only wait for the inevitable. Then suddenly, a pulse of paralyzing energy emanates from my Warframe, the lesser charger that was on me flies off.

I swiftly raise to my feet and try to run, but I am grabbed by the extending arm of one of the tall abominations. It drags me towards it as I desperately try to escape it's grasp, all of the lesser infested claw at me while the greater one continues to drag me towards itself. 

Please stop! Please let me go!

Once the tall abomination, called an Ancient, finally drags me to its feet, it begins to jab me with its long arm, crushing bones and making me bleed from the inside. It winds back its arm to finish me off... Then I wake up.

------------

I sit up nearly instantaneously as I let off a horrified scream, and Triss comes rushing through the door.

"Sylvia! Are you okay?" Her brown-green eyes are filled with concern.

I remain silent for a moment, but I eventually speak with a weak, shaken voice.

"I-I'm fine..... I just had a bad d-dream..." I brush a strand of my once-was blonde hair, now whitened by centuries of cryosleep.

Triss sits at the foot of my bed and rests her hand on mine.

"You want to talk about it? Might do you some good."

Still quivering in fear, bits of my dream come back to me.

"N-no, it's... it's when I was back there....." Triss looks at me with an obviously concerned face.

"Alright, It's almost time that everyone wakes up anyway, you can wander if you want."

I smile. "Okay. That might help me calm down a bit."

I get up and approach the door, it opens automatically.

"Oh, don't do anything too athletically demanding, Okay? You still have those broken ribs."

"Okay." I say somewhat dismissively, never having forgotten about my injuries.

I walk through the door and am greeted by the Grand Hall. 

I forgot how large it was... reminds me how small we really are...

Looking around the room, I see a variety of statues, drums, and a large fountain near the center, where the gathering bell is located, and many banners around the room. I hear the trickling of the fountain, but other than that, the room is completely silent.

Soothed by the trickling of the fountain, I sit against one of the many columns in the room, and take a deep breath.

"Just a dream, Sylvia, just a dream." I mumble to myself.

I hear the calm and deep voice of another Tenno. "Well well. Is that not you, Sylvia? No need to explain what has happened to you, word travels fast these days."

I look over at the Tenno and automatically recognize him as Sulvus. A tall, calm, and strict male Tenno who uses a Frost Prime Class Warframe, along with Bulwark's Bane, his Latron Prime, a mid to long-range rifle, Judgement, his Lex Prime, a mid-range pistol, and Hydra Fang, his Reaper Prime, a scythe. Last time I remember, he trains the Tenno wanting to join our clan, hence being strict.

"Sulvus! Great to see you. Still training recruits?"

He grins. "Yes, but, as of now I'm only training one." His grin fades. "Someone who is unfit for the life of a warrior, but The Lotus insists that I train her. For some odd reason she sees potential in the whelp. I only see a Tenno doomed to die."

I tilt my head slightly. "Who is it?" I ask, but I'm pretty sure I know who.

"Kyla, the one who uses a Mag Warframe, I don't know if the Lotus really sees potential or is just testing my patience, or faith in the future generations. But she has the results of the tests, if they exist. My patience can be drained in exactly two months, and I have lost my faith in the future generations if this is what we are getting."

Thought it was her. 

"Though it seems that you've already tested her mettle, from what Karn told me."

I flinch. "Y-Yes, I did. She seemed to fear me, as if she thought I was just another one of those Zanuka aberrations."

Sulvus nods. "Yes, she was never brave." He pauses for a moment. "Well, it is nearly time to train the other recruits, since Kyla is currently recovering from her injuries. It is good to see you again."

I smile. "Likewise."

After a couple minutes sitting alone, I hear and see Silvee approach.

"Hi! You feeling better? I thought I heard you scream, but I wasn't sure." I beam a smile to her.

"I'm fine, Silvee. Did you sleep well?"

Silvee sits beside me. "Yeah, slept fine." Her face lights up as if she just remembered something. "Oh, you, Karn, Triss and Sylus are going to be meeting up with Darvo, he says he has what we need to take those restraints off, but it's not portable."

I tilt my head slightly, confused. "Who's Darvo?"

"Oh, he's a black marketeer, he's one of the only that makes deals with Tenno, he's been for a while. He has a lot of stuff of use to us, blueprints, weapons, stuff like that." 

Hm, sounds like he knows friends in high and low places.

"Oh, okay. The sooner I get these off the better."

Chapter 5

The Good, The Bad, and The Black Marketeer

My gaze is locked on the view of Mars, the "Red Planet" nearly has me captivated.

"I hope this Darvo is actually going to show up, I don't want this to be a wasted trip, he hasn't contacted us with his position yet."

I say impatiently. I'm becoming convinced this is a fool's errand.

"Don't worry, Sylvia, he normally takes his time, he likes to make sure his transmission isn't being listened to by any ears other than ours." Karn says reassuringly.

I look over at Sylus, he twirls his Kronen about, in an attempt to show them off, before he fumbles with one of them, and drops it. I chuckle.

He looks up. "Shut up, you saw nothing." He says jokingly.

"Alright, coordinates received, see you there." Being the only one with their helmet on, Karn replies to the unheard voice, most likely Darvo.

"Alright, Sylvia, just follow Triss' lead, we have a contact who will sneak you two in. We'll meet you two in the colony." Karn instructs.

"Alright." Is my only reply.

------------

Karn and I land a few kilometers from the Corpus controlled colony to avoid detection. We also have cloaks to put over our Warframes to avoid suspicion.

After a long hike through the tundra of Mars, we reach the colony.

"So, where are we meeting him again?" I ask, my Warframe, being one of the first, is literarily part of me, so my thoughts get befuddled with the many complications of the layer of Technocyte around my body. Karn, understanding this, replies.

"In the colony's bar, it's a small colony, so it shouldn't be hard to find."

"Alright, thanks." I reply thankfully.

We arrive at the gate and a guard stops us for ID, but a contact we have stops him and lets us in.

We arrive at the bar and automatically head towards the bartender. Karn seats himself and so do I.

I lean towards the barkeep and whisper, "We're Darvo's guests." He nods, understanding, and looks to his assistant. "Hey, hold up the bar for me, would you?"

The younger fellow nods without a word. The bartender leads us to Darvo's 'office' and leaves us. I see Sylvia and Triss entering through the back entrance. "Hey, Tenno! Welcome, what do you need?" Darvo greets warmly. Triss walks to the front of his desk and so does Sylvia, Triss shows Darvo the restraints on Sylvia's arms and neck.

"You said you had special equipment to take these off." Darvo looks at the restraints and is especially interested in the collar. "Ah... Yes I do, I only ask to keep the restraints, they are old, and valuable if sold to the right person. Especially the collar, it's an old piece of equipment used for neural control, it'll fetch me a fair amount of credits"

"Sure, they're useless to us, do whatever you want with them." Triss replies. After a few minutes of taking off Sylvia's restraints, prepare to take leave but Sylvia seems both shaken and outraged.

"W-Why..... do you.... have... my... Wings!?" She suddenly leaps at Darvo but Karn catches her before she makes contact, I look at the wall behind him and what I see startles me. The unmistakably majestic wings of the Valkyrie, on a plaque, hanging on the wall.

"Th-They were given to me! I had no idea they were yours, I swear!" Darvo protests.

"Who gave them to you, Darvo?" Karn calmly asks, but it is clear he is slightly suspicious.

"I-I- A man gave them to me, his name was.... Alad! Alad V, creepy old guy, he wanted me to keep my mouth shut-"

"About what!?" Sylvia interrupts, clearly enraged.

"Ah, crap, well, he knew I caught wind about him using the first Zanuka to clear out minor Tenno relays an-"

"Oh...... Oh my god...... I..... I did that..? I killed all of those people....? I-I'm a monster..... a Kinslayer......" Sylvia says as she shakes out of Karn's grip, of which he seems equally shocked. Honestly, we all are. Sylvia leans against one of the walls and starts to weep. At seeing this, Triss almost autonomously speeds to her side, trying to comfort her.

I hear the voices of Corpus security coming our way. "Uh... Guys? Now is not the time for mourning, armed Corpus headed our way." Karn, having heard them too, starts giving out commands.

"Sylus, make sure Darvo makes it to his ship. Sylvia, Triss and I will head for the exit, and will pick you up via Liset, sound good?"

"No! I will not run away with my tail between my legs!" Sylvia replies furiously.

"Sylvia, they will overwhelm you! Do you want to go back to Alad V?"

Sylvia's expression softens, clearly defeated. "N-no.... but... I'm no coward.

"I know you're not, but sometimes, retreat is the only option, I thought you, of all people were taught that." Karn replies.

"Now let's go!" I usher Darvo to the exit with my Vasto drawn.

------------

I stare at the field of crimson red snow in front of me, strewn with the torn corpses of Corpus security guards. 

They are weak, I am strong, I will kill. Them. All. Oh, oh god.... Why am I doing this? Why am I thinking these things? Why.... Why does this please me

I lose myself to rage at the sight of more Corpus, and charge. They flee in terror, I leap on one of them but get distracted by the cries of the Zanuka. I break the neck of the security guard and look up to see a smaller, weaker version of my captor's pet. I am enraged by the sight of it anyway, and charge at it. I leap, but suddenly, everything  is covered by a greenish haze, and I phase right through the Zanuka. I cry out in rage and suddenly an odd looking Tenno leaps from the fray and snatches me, and takes me towards our Liset.

"Let me go! I wasn't finished with that abomination!"

The strange Tenno, clad in a Warframe that looks similar to a tailcoat and what seems to have a top hat replies. "Those security proxies might seem weak, but they come in numbers. You'll thank me later."

Still writhing with anger I shout. "I'll take them all on! I'll tear them to shreds if I have to! Now let me go!"

We arrive at the Liset a few minutes later. I've calmed down by then, but my mood was still foul.

I punch the solid hull of the Liset in outrage.

"God damn it! I could've rid this place of another one of those abominations! Who are you anyway!?"

The oddly-clad Tenno takes off his 'top hat' and bows. "Sulivys, traveler of rifts and boggler of minds, at your service."

I sigh in exasperation, still annoyed but no longer hostile towards him. "My name's Sylvia."

Karn and Triss arrive and are surprised when they see Sulivys.

"Who are you? And what are you doing here?" Sulivys introduces himself in the same fashion he did to me. "Sulivys, you are?" Karn, slightly cautious, introduces himself and Triss. "My name is Karn. This is Triss, and I'm sure you've met Sylvia. You are welcome to join us, Sulivys, I'm sure we have enough room for one more Tenno."

Sulivys nods. "I would be delighted."

We all get in the Liset and pick up Sylus, who Sulivys introduces himself to. We leave orbit and make way to the Dojo with our new found companion. I only stare into the nearly endless space, exhausted by the massacre I just committed. After a while I fall asleep against the sturdy wall of the Liset.

Chapter 6

Haunting Memories

I hesitate as I stand before the entrance of a minor Tenno relay, knowing that the only reason the Corpus brought me here was for them to take control and massacre each and every other Tenno here... Suddenly I feel a jolt of energy and I move forward. I approach the guards and they let me pass, once I'm behind them I can feel the neural control device start up.

"I'm sorry.... I truly am." I say with a regretful and fearful voice.

The guards are confused for a moment, but they will soon realize the purpose of my apology. The device activates and I can no longer control my body.

I strike at one of them, slicing his sorry excuse for armour open, the other recoils in terror and I leap at him and start to maul him, rendering his flesh. I charge through the main entrance and attack anything that breathes.

Not even thirty minutes later I stare in horror at what I've done, having regained control of my body, I fall to my knees weep, I then wake up.

------------

Instead of screaming, I wake up with tears in my eyes.

Weak. Quit being so weak, there's nothing you can do now, besides, how could you not have fu

What am I becoming? Why would I say that?

I take a moment to look around at my surroundings, I'm in one of the many Zen gardens in the Dojo, I guess Triss thought the trickling of the lake would calm me down... It seems it did.... But not in a great way.

I wipe the tears from my eyes and look up to see Karn walk through the door, whether contently or coincidentally I don't know, but I don't care, I need someone to talk to, I feel as if my sanity is falling apart. 

Talking to your- myself.... wonderful. 

"So, you're awake, and not screaming, that's a good sign." Karn says, with somewhat of a hopeful voice, he always cared about me.

"Not in the way you would expect..... I... Had a dream of when....... When...."

Karn finishes my sentence, but not correctly. "You were in the lab?"

I shake my head. "N-No...... You remember what Darvo said? About the relays....? I-I remember it all now..."

Karn hugs me, he's a lot warmer than I thought, regardless, I cry into his shoulder.

Look at yourself. Pathetic! Grow a backbone. 

"I-I killed hundreds of my kin.... Even maybe thousands.... I'm a monster... A heartless monster....."

Karn looks at me sympathetically. "No you're not, you had no choice in your actions, Alad V is the monster."

Finally, I hug Karn back, squeezing him tightly. "I killed everyone.... No one was spared...... Not even the children..."

Karn looks at me sympathetically, his eyes full of concern. "Sylvia, what happened at the relays was not your fault. Alad V is the one behind this, and you know it.

I sniffle, tears streaming down my face.

"I-"

I'm interrupted by a sudden kiss on the lips, but only a peck on the lips, nothing extreme, thankfully. My face warms up and I can tell I'm blushing. Karn moves back a bit and holds my hand.

"You're doing just fine, I'm sure I would've broken in that honourless lab."

I smile and hug him again, resting my head on his chest. 

His heartbeat is... soothing.

I remember Kyran, I'm unsure whether he is still alive or not, but we were lovers at some point. Karn had a crush on me when we first met, but backed off when he realized I was already taken.

"So... you still had a crush on me? This whole time? Even after what I've become?"

"The only thing that's changed about you is your Warframe and your technique, you are still equally beautiful." Karn replies. I giggle and blush again. 

You are truly pathetic, you have no time for... this.

You have killing to do!

Shut up... just shut. Up.

I hear the sullen yells of Sulvus barking out commands.

"You call that a counter attack!? Pathetic! Again!"

Karn looks up to the source, which is beyond a wall.

"Hm, turns out Kyla doesn't have a concussion. Has he complained about her to you yet?"

"Yes, he has. He seems harsh on her."

Karn sighs. "Yeah, I feel bad for the girl. We found her in the remains of one of the minor relays, raided by Grineer. Only survivor. The Lotus sees potential, but I think it's just an excuse for us to recruit her, and not send her to one of the major relays. I don't think she was born for the harsh training to become a Sentinel."

Sentinel..... right! Sentinels of Shadow! That's the clan's name!

I yawn, feeling tired despite being asleep a few minutes ago.

"How long was I asleep? An hour or so?" Karn looks at me with a small grin.

"About so, why? Still tired?"

I nod, leaning against Karn for support. 

Weak. Can't even hold yourself up anymore?

How are you supposed to render flesh like this!?

Is that what it's all about now? Murder? You are a monster. Kinslayer. Abomination. And you call yourself a Tenno.

"Well, I'm up for a small nap, unless you want to sleep alone." I smile and look up at Karn. "

I'm fine with some company."

We walk over to one side of the room and Karn sits, I rest against his chest, wrap my arms around him and shut my eyes. Within a couple of minutes I fall into a dreamless sleep.

------------

"Are you even trying!? I Would have been able to do that blindfolded! Again!"

I sigh in exasperation. I thought I would get used to my mentor's insults by now, but really, they still feel like a punch in the gut, even after two months.

A hologram appears in the shape of a Grineer butcher, it strikes at me and I attempt to parry it, but fail miserably, as I always have.

My mentor sighs, just as exasperated as I am, maybe even more.

"Pathetic, I don't see why the Lotus thinks this is worth my time. She is going to have to find a better reason to start picking people off the relays. Let's just try something simple. Show me a defensive stance."

I put one leg in front of the other and try to lock myself in position, but my mentor scoffs.

"You call that a stance? It could easily be broken. Let alone disarmed."

My mentor strikes at my Bo and it flies from my hands.

"Worthless, get out of here. We're done for the day." I nod and bow, but my mentor seems unimpressed.

I walk out of the training room and walk into one of the plentiful Zen gardens. I freeze when I see the Tenno who attacked me on Jupiter, sleeping against Karn's chest. I tip toe across the room, making sure not to wake them up. 

I have to admit, they're pretty cute like that. 

The female Tenno stretches her arms and legs, and yawns.

I freeze, probably the worst thing to do, but Karn's here, so he can stop her if things get bad.

When she opens her eyes and sees me she flinches, recognizing me.

"K-Kyla, right?"

I nod. "Yea..." She carefully slides out of Karn's arms, and sits beside him.

"I'm... Really sorry about back on Jupiter... I... Lost control..." I look away, not really sure why. "My name is Sylvia, by the way..." 

Sylvia.... wait.... was she...? No, the Valkyrie was a myth... wasn't she? 

"Are you the... Valkyrie?"

Sylvia looks at me with a saddened face. "Was. I was the Valkyrie. Until the Corpus... Nntil Alad V. And before you ask, no, I don't want to talk about it." 

So she isn't a myth... She's an actual Tenno! But... Reduced to this...

"There were legends about you... Where I used to live... Some people thought you were a myth."

Sylvia cracks a small grin, though sadness can still be seen.

"Well, I've gone long enough, besides... I'm no longer the righteous Valkyrie I once was... I'm.... Something else..."

Chapter 7

Crimson Vengeance

I am woken up by Karn tapping my shoulder.

"Sylvia, wake up. We found him." Still groggy from just waking up I tilt my head with a confused face.

"What? Who are you talking about?" Karn's expression is one of content.

"Alad V."

That's all it takes to wake me up completely. "Really? You found that coward?"

Karn nods, he seems eager. "Yeah, he's at a supposedly 'hidden' base."

I grin and laugh maniacally, thinking of what I could do to him. 

TEAR HIM APART LIMB BY LIMB AND MAKE HIM WATCH!! TEAR HIS SPINE OUT OF HIS THROAT!! RIP HIS BELOVED ZANUKA APART!! PAINT THE ROOM WITH IS BLOOD!! 

"Good... very good....." Karn, who is looking at me with a slightly worried expression now.

"So I guess you want to come?" My grin widens and I nod, my expression singing with glee.

"Yes! Of course I want to come!" 

Really? What if he catches you again? What if everything goes wrong and you get thrown back in that torturous laboratory?

The thought of that makes me realize how scared I really am. Karn notices this and knows exactly what I'm thinking.

"Don't worry, I won't let him touch you. And if he does, he's in for a world of hurt." I smile and hug him.

"I've known you long enough to know you wouldn't let anything bad happen to me." Karn, realizing I'm still pretty tired, picks me up from under my feet, surprising me.

"Oh!" I giggle, and rest my head against Karn's shoulder. Kyran never really picked me up unless I was wounded, so this is new to me.

"You hungry? The others had a meal a bit ago, I'm sure there's some leftovers."

I shake my head slightly. "No, I'm fine." After a bit of walking Karn puts me back on my feet. "I'm going to get a bite to eat, I'm sure Triss would want to take a look at your ribs, she didn't think it would be a good idea to work on them right away, she thought you would panic if you woke up while it was happening." 

Oh yeah, my ribs, forgot about those. 

I nod. "Alright. I'll be sure to stop by."

------------

I head to the med bay to see Triss.

"Hey Sylvia! You feel better with those restraints off?" I nod, rubbing my wrist, glad to feel it again. My expression seems to give away that I feel love struck.

"So, who is it?" I look down, blushing, still holding my wrist. "Karn. Kissed me on the lips." Triss smiles and chuckles a bit.

"So, he finally let that off his chest, huh?" I smile. "Yeah, so, my ribs?"

"Oh, yeah, let's get to that"

A few minutes later Triss begins taking off my Warframe and treating my many wounds, even I was surprised by how many I had. Triss, who is picking bullets out of my side pauses for a second.

"What?"

"Um, nothing." She drops the bullet in her tweezers on the tray beside her, and it looks Tenno-crafted, I feel a sense of shame, and look away from it.

"It's not your fault. It was Al-"

"I know, Karn was telling me that too... Sorry for interrupting." Triss grins.

"It's alright. Wow, you really took a lot of hits, in fact, your Warframe isn't doing much for protection." I look at my wounds again. "I don't feel much of them, usually just the serious ones."

After a while longer I exit the med bay, giving Triss a hug, and prepare for the next mission.

------------

Finally.... We can have... Our.... Revenge... Wait... We? Oh god.... What has he turned me into? 

I look across the room to see Karn clad in his Rhino Warframe, with all of his weapons. I look around the armoury, weapons, extra armour, modifications, etc. Then I see my old sword and shield, and sigh.

"I remember those days, when I was the Valkyrie... Not... This." I can feel myself shiver, I realize that I'm no longer looking forward to this. 

I.... I'm scared....

Pathetic. How can you can be scared of that worm? He can't even defend himself.

Don't turn back now! This is your only opportunity!!

You are truly falling apart, obsessed with murder.... I'm disappointed in you. I can't believe you think you're a Tenno, you're a monster.

I'm not a monster!! I'm a Tenno!!

No you're not, you know you're not. 

I bring my hands to my head, overwhelmed and trying to shut everything out. 

Don't lie to yourself.

Kill him!! Tear him to pieces!! Make him scream for mercy!!

Pathetic, if you can't even handle us you have no hope of killing him.

"Sylvia? are you okay?"

I tuck my knees to my chest. "Shut up shut up shut up shut up SHUT UP!!!"

Paint his lab with his own blood!! Tear his skin from his body!! Just as he did to our Warframe!! Slowly, and painfully!! 

"Sylvia? What's wrong?" Everything seems to darken, and then the torrent of voices comes to an end. I'm curled up on the floor, hands on my head and knees tucked to my chest.

"Sylvia? A-Are you okay?" I look up to see Silvee, who almost seems scared.

"I-I'm fine... I think..." Karn looks at me disbelievingly, but equally concerned.

"You still able to come along?" I sit up and nod.

"Y-yea... I'm fine." Karn offers to help me up, I grab his arm and stand up. I grab the nearest weapon near me, which is a Jat Kittag, a seemingly crude but creative weapon which has thrusters on the back of the head of the giant hammer to apply as much bone-breaking force as possible.

"Not going to grab a gun?" I shrug.

"I always preferred a melee weapon."

We board the Liset and wait an hour or two. Sulvus has also joined us on the mission, wanting to get his piece of the Zanuka too.

"Tenno, I am sending the coordinates to Alad's base in the Themisto sector, make sure nothing lives." Says a mysterious voice, one I recognize as the Lotus.

We enter the base and proceed to our objective. We walk down a long corridor and I see a small patrol of crewmen. I feel myself twitch uncontrollably.

"Sylvia, don't attack, we're going to get the jump on him." I cry out in fury and charge at the patrol with my Jat Kittag in hand. I leap and crush one underneath my jet-powered hammer and the worm explodes into gore. The others recoil in terror but the MOA with them does not react, and fires. I swing my weapon at the MOA and it breaks into pieces. I massacre the others relentlessly, and lose control.

------------

We arrive at the enterance to Alad V's lab. I'm nearly out of breath but I pay no heed to my body's demand for rest and all four of us walk through the door.

"Ah, Tenno! You made it just in time! I assume you are here to contribute to my enterprise? Or to return my property?"

Karn scoffs. "You know exactly why we are here, to put down that aberration of our brethren. And she is not your property."

I let off a Warcry and charge at Alad V. That stupid collar of his unfolds and the Zanuka comes to life. I leap at Alad V. 

Kill him!! Tear his arms off and beat him with them!! 

The Zanuka leaps on me and starts to claw at me, tearing through my Warframe and into my flesh. I grab it's 'foot' and throw the abomination off of me and start to slash its twisted hide with my claws.

I see Karn charging at Alad V and a bigger rage boils inside me "No! He is mine!"

I abandon the Zanuka and charge at Karn, shoulder check him and then change course to Alad V.

I leap on him and commence my warpath on his chest. 

Tear his heart out and feed it to him! Tear his body apart!!

I hear the cries of the Zanuka as it charges at me.

It pins me to the ground and claws at me again, this time I can't do anything. Karn throws it off of me and begins to beat it to pulp.

I quickly get up and charge at Alad V, grabbing him by the neck.

"What are you doing!? You're not supposed to attack me!! Attack the betrayers!!"

I throw him to the floor face first. Tear him apart!! Rip his spine from his body!!

I do as the voice tells me, and tear his spine from his throat, automatically killing him. I stand there for a moment, looking at my handiwork.

"Oh my god... you just... tore his spine out...."

I look at the strand of vertebrae in my hand and drop it. I fall to my knees, and everything goes dark. 

You are a monster. An abomination. You're exactly what Alad V wanted you to be. A heartless killer. Monster. Abomination..... Kinslayer.

------------

I wake up with a jolt, and look around to find myself in the med bay, hooked up to a blood bag. 

Did I black out? What happened? Was it a dream?

No, you idiot! If it was a dream you wouldn't be here! 

"So, you're finally awake." I jump, and look up to see Triss.

"What happened?"

"According to Karn, you blacked out after you tore out Alad V's spine."

I shiver at the memory.

"I-I wasn't me... I-"

"I get it, you were really, really mad. It's Silvee you really scared."

"Oh my god... you just... tore his spine out...."

I look at Triss. "Where's Karn?"

Triss cracks an amused grin. "Right outside, he was really worried, you got torn up really bad."

Triss walks away for a moment and comes back with Karn, who looks glad to see I'm awake.

"How do you feel?" Karn asks, holding my hand. "Lightheaded, kind of drained."

Karn chuckles. "I would think so. You were bleeding a lot when we got here, Triss even needed help."

"You should get some rest, Sylvia. You're going to be here for a good few days. Might as well get comfy." Triss says.

I nod in response. "Alright, I'm pretty tired. Might just be the absent blood, but I'm up for some sleep."

After Triss and Karn leave the room I shut my eyes and fall asleep. 

It makes me sick every time you say you are a Tenno. You are a sick animal waiting to be put down. You are no better than the Zanuka.

Chapter 8

Falling Apart

I lay curled on the smooth floor of a place unknown to me, there is nothing other than myself.

Sitting up, I look around this seemingly endless room.

Suddenly, a shadowy figure appears from the floor, it looks strikingly similar to what I was before, the Valkyrie.

It looks down at me with white, judging eyes. "Look at what you've let yourself become. Disgusting. You are better than this. You could've been better than a Kinslayer."

I try to speak but I can't. Another dark figure raises from the floor, it looks just like what I am now, but still has the restraints.

It faces me. "Weak. You are weak. I can't believe you let the Zanuka maul you like that. You shouldn't need help."

One other shadowy version of myself appears, it's hunched over, almost looks feral, it turns to the Valkyrie.

"You know nothing of our pain! Our suffering!! You sit all high and mighty, looking down on us like peasants!! We kill for revenge! Satisfaction!! Not for your precious 'balance!' or peace!"

"You have fallen to rage! You cannot let it use you like this!"

"You are all useless to me! All you do is ramble on about one thing or another when I do all the work!"

"I am not useless!! I am the one who got us this far!! I did everything!! I killed Alad V!! Not you *@##$es!!"

The figures continue to argue amongst each other for what seems like hours, soon becoming unbearably loud. I lay curled in a ball between them, unable to say anything.

------------

"Sylvia? Sylvia! Wake up!"

I sit up almost autonomously, breathing heavily with beads of sweat rolling down my face.

"Are you okay?" Looking to where the voice came from I see Silvee, and I hug her.

"T-T-They wouldn't stop talking... It was like arguing with thousands of myself...."

I can feel Silvee's hand stroking my hair, normally I would back away, but I don't care. I know she's trying to comfort me, let me know I'm safe.

"Who?" She asks.

I stay silent, not sure how to reply.

"Voices... O-One of them was the Valkyrie... Then me... Then... Then... What I m-might become...."

I start to sob, scared to think of what I might become, some murderous beast who can't separate friend from foe.

"Shhh... It's going to be fine..."

"I-I didn't want to tear out his sp-spine... I-I couldn't do anything..... I-I-"

Silvee looks me in the eyes and puts her finger over my lips.

"It's alright, everything is going to be fine." Silvee smiles at me comfortingly.

Triss walks into the room to see what's going on. "What's going on?"

Silvee looks over her shoulder at Triss. "She had another nightmare, it's alright though." 

I can't believe they still accept you after all that you've done, Kinslayer. You don't deserve this. 

"S-Silvee.... are you... are you scared of me?" Silvee frowns.

"Why would I be scared of you?" I look down, still ashamed by the way I killed Alad V.

"I'm not scared of you... I'm worried about you..."

I look at the blood bag I'm hooked up to, just looking at the crimson substance brings back bad memories, and I look away.

I bury my face into Silvee's shoulder and weep, terrified by the future. Triss puts her hand on my shoulder.

"You won't be here for long, your blood level should be balanced by morning." I hear her but I don't reply.

"Triss, I got this, you can go back to sleep."

Triss yawns. "You sure?"

Silvee nods. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Alright then, good resting."  Triss leaves the room, leaving just Silvee and I in the room.

"Can you tell me more about your dream, Sylvia?" Looking up at Silvee, I speak in a small, shivery voice. "T-They stared at me with judging eyes... th-the Valkyrie called me beast... Animal...K- Kinslayer... The second figure called me weak... The other... Just yelled and yelled... Ab-b-bout murder and pain.... suffering..."

Silvee brings my head close to her chest and strokes my hair again. It feels pleasant, my eyes become heavy and I feel tired. No... Don't fall asleep... I don't want to see them again.... 

Despite my mental pleads, I fall asleep, and thankfully, it's a dreamless sleep.

I wake up in the same Zen garden I did when we returned from Mars and I feel confused.

I realize I'm leaning against Karn.

"A-Are you awake Karn...?" Karn looks down at me.

"Yea, once your blood level stabilized Triss thought you would be pleased to wake up here, to the trickling of the stream."

Smiling, I sit up and kiss Karn on the cheek, and then rest my head back on his chest.

"Well, you're in a good mood. Oh, Triss said that you shouldn't do too much, or the stitches might give away."

I sigh. I hate being limited in any way.

"That means I'll have to carry you around the place." Smiling, I look down.

Honestly, I like the idea of being carried around the place, but I don't want to show it.

Karn grins and chuckles. "There's no hiding the fact you're going to enjoy this. I knew you enjoyed it the moment I picked you up the first time." Looking back up at Karn, I giggle and give him another kiss on the cheek.

Just by looking into his eyes, I can tell he's worried about me.

"Silvee was talking about your, uh... Nightmare."

I sigh, and look down.

"It's getting worse, isn't it?"

I nod, and bury my face into Karn's shoulder.

"I'm falling apart... Sooner or later I'm going to be some gibbering lunatic who only lives for violence..."

Karn rubs my back lightly.

"I know someone who can help. She's... Attuned to mental functions, so to speak."

"R-Really?"

Karn nods. "Yeah, she owes me a favour."

------------

As I sit by the fountain in the Grand Hall, I think over the events of last night. 

Poor thing, she doesn't deserve this... I just hope she can get through this. 

"Salutations."

Shocked, I look up to see the newest addition to the clan.

"Oh, Hi. Didn't see you there. Say, I never caught your name."

The oddly-donned Tenno bows, his 'Top Hat' levitating above his head. "Sulivys, Walker of Rifts, Isolator of Fools, at your service."

He gently grabs my hand and kisses it. Giggling, I retract my hand.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Silvee."

Sulivys looks at me with an inquisitive expression. "You seem distracted. If I may ask, what's on your mind?"

I look away. "It's... Personal matters." Sulivys nods.

"I understand. I'm sure your friend is going through tough times. Merely an observation though." I look back at Sulivys.

"Oh, yea. She's been having disturbing dreams lately. Scaring her almost senseless."

Sulivys' face lights up. "So I did hear weeping last night! I thought so, I just didn't want to bother anyone."

"Were you woken by her?" Sulivys shakes his head.

"Oh, no, I was taking small stroll around the place, getting used to it. It's quite a maze."

I nod, giggling at his metaphor.

"Yea. You're not the only one who thinks so, many recruits have a hard time finding their way around, just takes some getting used to."

Sulivys smiles. "How about we take a stroll? Maybe you can guide me to some places I haven't been to yet?"

Nodding in agreement, I smile. "That would be nice, have you seen the Research Wing yet? I find it fascinating."

Sulivys shakes his head. "No, I haven't, let us be off then."

Chapter 9

Rage, Disgust, Despisement, and Remorse

Soothed by the trickling of the stream, I hum tunelessly, waiting for Karn and his friend to arrive. 

Do you really believe she will help? You've already fallen to rage. There is no hope for you now.

I try to shake off the thought, but it persists. One of the doors to the garden opens and Silvee walks in, accompanied by Sulivys.

"Hi Sylvia, I'm giving Sulivys a tour of the place, Karn told me about this friend of his."

I look at Silvee, then to Sulivys.

"Ok." Is my only reply, not having much to say.

"You doing alright?" I nod.

"Yes, I'm fine."

Silvee smiles, and before proceeding to the next door, waves goodbye. "Alright, see ya!"

"Bye."

When they leave, I sit against one of the walls, and impatiently sigh.

About half an hour later Karn and his friend arrive. The female Tenno's Warframe looks very similar to Sylus', but the similarities end at the helmet, at the top of it, there is a long protrusion that reaches to the back of her head. She looks to Karn.

"So, this is your friend?" Karn nods. "Yeah. Take a look."

The Tenno walks forwards and crouches in front of me.

"My name's Melodie, what's yours?" 

You know this won't work, why even waste time?

WHEN YOU COULD BE KILLING!!!???

Idiot! If we move, blood will poor from our body! 

"Sylvia..."

Melodie smiles. "Nice to meet you. In order to know what to do, I'm going to need to get a mental look at you, which means entering your consciousness." 

Don't... let her in...

SHE DOES NOT BELONG IN HERE!! 

"I'll let you... but they won't...." Melodie looks confused, but not surprised.

"Who?" I stay silent, not really knowing who they are myself.

"Y-You can try... but it won't be easy."

------------

Now slightly concerned by what Sylvia said, I proceed to do what I do best, entering one's mind. I place two fingers on Sylvia's temple, and my thumb on her forehead, then I let my Warframe do the work. I close my eyes, and when I open them, what I see before me surprises me.

"Well... I haven't seen this before."

Before me lays a shadowy field, with weapons of all kinds strewn about the place, and many, many corpses. The field seems to stretch on forever towards a pale moon barely visible behind dark and ominous clouds. Thunder can be heard, and not long after, a bolt of lightning breaks the air around it as it hits the ground. Suddenly, a figure rises from the ground, it almost looks like a broken mirror, except, instead of my reflection, in each fragment I presumably see one of Sylvia's memories.

The figure has wings protruding from its back, and is armed to the teeth, many swords, arrows, and a large variety of other blades are stuck into it. The figure speaks with an echo-y voice.

"What do you-What do you think you are doing here-here? You do not-do not belong here-here." It draws its sword, readies its shield and prepares to fight. In response to this, I draw my Orthos and assume a defensive position.

"I am here to help, to bring you back to your glory."

The mental construct laughs.

"Do you think-Do you think what Alad-Alad V did to us is reverse-reversible? You are a fool-fool. Leave now-Leave now, and you will not-will not share our pain-share our pain. Will you-Will you comply?"

"No. If nothing is done, you will be silenced by your own consciousness. Please, let me help!"

The guardian strikes at me in a way I've never seen before, as far as I can tell, in a way no Tenno has been trained before. I block the blow, but barely. When the blades connect, memories come flowing through my head, and none of them are my own. I feel pain through my- no, Sylvia's body, wings being torn from her back, and her Warframe being torn apart. I regain my sight, and the construct is already preparing to strike again.

"You are a-You are a fool to challenge-challenge me!" The blade connects with my hip and more of her memories come flowing into my eyes, soaring above the ground, with another winged Tenno, falling, gunfire, darkness.

I am on my hands and knees, the blade of the mental Valkyrie poised at my neck.

"YOU DO NOT-DO NOT KNOW OUR PAIN-OUR PAIN!!!"

Another mental construct appears, it looks similar to what Sylvia is now, though it seems... rabid.

The feral guardian grabs my throat.

"Rage, put her-put her down-down... please-please... she is trying-she is trying to help..."

The Valkyrie turns to a seemingly smaller, weaker version of Sylvia.

"Stay out-Stay out of this-this, Remorse. You have-You have no say in this-in this." It turns back to me.

"You will-You will leave, or you will-you will become the mess-mess we are-we are."

One other figure rises from the ground.

"You are-You are weak. You can't-can't even fight back-fight back. Leave-Leave, you have no place-you have place here." "Get out-out of here, Despise-Despisement, We have this-this under control-under control."

I am suddenly booted back to my consciousness in a jolt.

Recoiling, I take my hand off of Sylvia's head.

I sit down, trying catch my breath.

"I-I tried to stop them..." I look to Sylvia, she seems worried.

"I know, wow... those guardians were tough. Couldn't you lower them?" She shakes her head, and seems slightly ashamed.

"N-No... they... talk to me... they aren't just 'Guardians'.... they're... something else..."

"Just a sec, I'm going to talk with Karn." I stand up and walk towards Karn, we walk out of earshot.

"Can you help her?" I rest my head on my hand.

"I honestly have no idea. I wasn't even able to get a good look at what I was working with. I was just kicked out after I was cut up by one of the Aspects made by Sylvia's consciousness."

Karn sighs, and seems worried. "Can you try?"

I nod. "Of course, you saved my &#! more than once, it's the least I can do."

Karn smiles, but still seems worried. 

"Thank you. She means a lot to me." I nod and walk towards Sylvia, she stands up, seeming to have recollected herself.

"So, what now?"

"Well, we can start with some meditation, to clear your head a bit."

She tilts her head. "Meditation? Am I one of you ninjas now?"

Confused, I look at her. "What are you talking about?"

Sylvia looks off into the distance. "I was the Valkyrie... A warrior trained in different ways than you. Not as elegant, or smooth, but equally, even maybe more deadly. I wasn't a ninja, a samurai, a shogun, I wasn't those. I never meditated, never needed to... but then again... I'm not the Valkyrie anymore..."

I feel bad for her. If the first Aspect was what she was before, it must have been hard on her to have all of that taken away.

"Well, I'm sure this was fate. Besides, there was noth-"

Sylvia tenses up, and looks mad "Fate? Fate!? Are you telling me this happened for a reason!? Are you saying that I was destined to lose my wings!? My pride!?"

"No, that's not what I meant! Please just, calm down."

Sylvia loosens up, sighs and sits with her knees pressed against her chest. "I-I'm sorry... I just...  I can't... I just don't know anymore..."

I put my hand on her shoulder and crouch in front of her. "It's fine, you've been through a lot. I don't blame you."

Sylvia shivers. "Try saying that after seeing what I did to him... to Alad V..."

Part of me does not want to know what happened to him.

"Well, let's just try some meditation, alright?" Sylvia nods. And sits normally.

"Okay..." I sit with my legs crossed, and Sylvia does the same, comparing her posture to mine.

"Ok, just clear your mind, and close your eyes."

------------

When I do as Melodie says, it takes a while, but I hear them again. 

Do you really think this will help? For all you know she could be making it worse. She might be trying to make you the monster you're afraid of being. Why are you so quick to trust people?

I open my eyes, only to be in my nightmare. The endless room.

"Welcome back, Kinslayer." I look to my old Shadow.

"Please... just leave me alone..." The Valkyrie grows an unnatural grin across it's helmet it glows a pale white light, just like it's disturbing, always judging eyes.

"If I were to leave you alone, we would all go out of control, you would feel no remorse, and Rage would take over. Aren't I right, Kinslayer?"

I look away from the Valkyrie, or Disgust, to see Rage.

"JUST KILL THEM ALL, KINSLAYER!! YOU'VE DONE THIS BEFORE EFFORTLESSLY!! AND IT. WAS. BEAUTIFUL."

Shaking my head, I look away. "No... no... they are my friends..."

I look up to see Despisement.

"Pathetic, you don't need friends, only ones who can't handle themselves need friends. Just dispose yourself of them, Kinslayer."

They go on for what seems like hours, urging me to kill them, calling me monster, murderer, abomination, calling me weak, and pathetic.

------------

"Sylvia? Sylvia!" I open my eyes to see Karn and Melodie in front of me. I'm curled into a ball on the ground.

"Are you alright Sylvia?" Karn asks, who looks very concerned. I only nod.

"Talk to me, Sylvia." I speak in a small, shaky voice.

"T-They wanted me to... to..."

"To what, Sylvia?" Looking away, I shiver. "They w-wanted me to... k-kill you...  Th-They just went on and on..."

Melodie seems to be deep in thought.

"I'm going to need some time to figure out what to do, I've never seen this before."

Karn nods. "Alright, thanks for trying." She nods and begins to leave the room.

"W-Wait..." Melodie turns to face me. "Yea?"

"D-Did you see anything?" I can tell by her expression she saw what Alad V did to me. "Yeah, glad that bastard died. Hope it was painful. One of my friends went after him... never saw him again."

She proceeds to the door silently. I look up to Karn. "I tried to stop Them...."

Karn picks me up, and smiles at me. "I know you did. You're doing fine."

I wrap my arms around Karn's neck and rest my head on his shoulder. "Love you." I say silently, and kiss him on the cheek.

"Love you too, Sylvia."

Homes Away from Home

Sylvia

A few weeks after Melodie once again went delving into my mind for a solution, many missions have passed, and my sanity has taken a considerable drop, The Betrayed have been haunting me more and more often, but normally in my dreams, and not even Karn's warmth can safeguard me from them. Melodie thinks heading to one of the few major Tenno relays might help, seeing more people or something. Apparently, while I was either held captive, or still asleep, Councillor Vay Hek sent Balor Fomorians to annihilate many of the major relays, only three remain.

We arrive at the relay, I hesitate, not trusting myself. What if I lose control? What if I massacre this relay like all the others? So what if we do? It would be fun, they scream, just like the Corpus, they'll suffice. No! No.... no.... What do you mean, no? Come on, you know you want to. No... No I don't... "Sylvia? You coming?" I snap back to my senses, and look up to see Karn, who seems to be concerned for me, as usual. "I... I don't trust myself... What if I-" "Alad V is dead, even if he isn't, the control device is in Darvo's hands." I shake my head, and sigh. "What if I just... freak out...?" Karn puts his hand on my shoulder. "Sylvia. Don't think that way. Even if you do, I'll be sure you don't hurt anyone." I sigh, still unsure, but I walk into the main room beside Karn, being sure to stick beside him. I see Tenno in all kinds of uniforms, red and black, some in multiple shades of green, blue, and other colours. We arrive at a door with some hollow, holographic triangle, and Karn stops me. "I need to head in here for a moment, and, there are some things that will likely make you very, very mad. You able to stick here?" When he said, things that will make me mad, I automatically assume Corpus, and I twitch. "Before you lose it, they're with us. They are here to help. They aren't here to hurt anyone. They are not after you." Still quivering in outrage, I speak in an angered tone. "Why? Why team up with them? Of anyone, you teamed up with Corpus!?" "Look, they are not part of the Corpus, they turn down their ways and stick with their own, of all things they would want to help you." I calm down a bit, hearing that. "Why didn't you just say that? I can deal with that. Let's go." I can tell Karn is unsure, but he nods. "Just stick close to me, alright?" I nod. We walk into the room, if I hadn't known they rejected the Corpus' ways, I would've torn everything to shreds. Karn and I approach someone who looks like the leader. He is tall and wears  one of those weird Corpus hats. "Greetings, Karn, I assume you're here for business?" Karn nods, and the representative looks to me, and seems like he recognizes me. "Is this... the first-" "Yes, she is." "Hm, I've heard about this, used to clear out relays, but was soon replaced by a much more, twisted version, Karn, we could learn a great deal if we could study it-" I interrupt, offended and highly outraged. "First of all, I am a SHE not an it! Second of all, if you so much as bring one those machines close to me I will tear you to-" "Sylvia! I understand your offended, but it was just a misinterpretation. No need to get hostile." I give the rep an angry look, but back down. "Many apologies, I was not aware. I hope this misunderstanding won't get in the way of any future deals." I look back at Karn. "I'm going to find Silvee, see you." Karn nods. "That would be best right now, see you in a bit."

After a bit of wandering, I see Silvee with Sulivys alone, dancing together, no music or anything just, smoothly dancing, nothing like the dances I've seen before. They don't notice me, and I decide I shouldn't bother them, so instead, I set off to find Triss.

I find Triss after more wandering, and it seems that she and Sylus are having some alone time too, they don't like other people knowing, but they are also a couple, have been for a while, they just prefer to be secret about it for some reason. I don't interrupt. As I walk away, I sigh, feeling sort of lonely. Hopefully, Karn won't be too long. "Hello there." I jump, surprised by the sudden voice. I look around, but I don't see anyone. "Right in front of you." Suddenly, a male Tenno appears right in front of me. His helmet looks like some odd-looking hammer. "Ah! Uh, Hi." The Tenno chuckles. "Get's them every time. Name's Tylus, you are?" "Sylvia. Pleased to meet you, what brings you here?" I offer to shake hands, and he does so. "Oh, nothing really, just here to see what's going on, maybe  get a few trades in with Darvo, what brings you here?" "Me and a few of my clanmates came here, for business, or some just to have some time to themselves, I'm just here to wind down a bit after a good few weeks of fighting." He nods. "I see, I just arrived from stealing some info from Grineer databases, as crude as they seem, their security protocols are really annoying, not that it was any trouble for me, though." I chuckle. I see Karn across the room, and wave. He waves back. "Nice talking with you, see you around, I guess." Tylus nods. "Same to you."

I hug Karn, and as always, he hugs back. "I'm sorry about back there." "Don't be. It's fine. You weren't the one considering to study me like I was some machine." Karn looks over at Tylus. "Who's that?" "Oh, his name's Tylus, he's a cool guy, don't know him much though." Karn looks back down at me. "I thought you said you were looking for Silvee." I shrug. "Her and Sulivys were dancing together, seems that they're a couple now or something, seemed rather 'lovey-dovey' or whatever the term is." Karn chuckles. "I thought they took a particular interest in each other." I nod. "They were kinda cute." Karn picks me up completely at random, and I giggle in response. Quit making those noises, you sound weak. You don't need to be carried around like that! "So, where do you want to go?" I smile, I'm not used to being treated this way, part of me hates it, but I'm mostly fine with it. He's treating you like a little girl! And you're acting like one! Cut it out! "Where ever." Karn chuckles. "Alright."

After a bit of wandering, we begin to head back to our Lisets, Karn and I share one, but when needed it will carry four, though it doesn't need to, so we have it to ourselves. "It's nice in the relay. I wouldn't mind going there again." For a quick moment, I think I saw that child, The Betrayed. But if I did, it was very quick. I am constantly barraged by voices, including the many voices of The Betrayed, 'The most powerful.' Quoting Melodie. Kinslayer.... why must you ignore us...? We are your flesh... We are your mind.... We are you.... No..... You are not me! I am me! No one else shall call themselves me! Then.... who are you...? What... are you....? I am Sylvia! I am a Ten- WRONG! YOU ARE MORE THEN A TENNO!! YOU ARE BEYOND THEM!! YOU ARE THE HUNTER, AND THEY ARE THE PREY!!! No.... I won't...... YES. YOU. WILL. No...... IT IS INEVITABLE, HUNTER, SOON ENOUGH, YOU WILL BEGIN THE HUNT!! No she won't, she is too weak. She won't be able to stand up to the challenge. "Sylvia!" I snap out of my mental argument. "Sorry." Karn turns me to face him. "You were talking to yourself, yelling, at one point." Pausing for a moment, I bury my head into his chest, and weep, not out of sorrow, but fear. I'm scared to think of what I'm becoming. "I'm.... I'm scared..... terrified.... don't let me go crazy, Karn... I don't want to....." Karn pats my back softly. "It's alright. Melodie's trying the best she can."

A while after we return home, I hear the voice of The Lotus talking to me, actually, to all of us. "All Tenno, there is something you need to see, gather in the Grand hall." Once we do, a recording comes into view, and an all too familiar face is the first thing I see, Alad V, but he seems as though he's infested, how is he alive? How is he moving? Did the infested make him a new spine?

"Hello inhabitants of the Origin System! It is my singular pleasure that today is the first day of a new, heh, empire! An empire not populated by Corpus, not by Grineer, and certainly not by the Tenno. No, the Mutalist empire will be populated by you! A glorious new you, baptized by Mutalist flesh. You've called this a disease? Heh, an Infestation? Well, I call it unity! One army under me! Welcome to your new species!"

Boiling with rage, overwhelmed by fear, and confusion all at once, all I do is yell. "I WILL FIND YOU!! I WILL FIND YOU, AND I WILL KILL YOU!!! I WILL TEAR YOU TO PIECES SO YOU WILL NEVER COME BACK!!! I WILL KILL ALL OF YOUR PETS!!! I WILL MOUNT YOUR HEAD ON A WALL!!!! I WILL TEAR YOUR DISGUSTING FLESH OFF YOUR BODY!!! AND I WILL ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF IT!!!" All of my rage dissipates and all I feel is fear. I back away, and sit against a wall, curled into a ball. I can feel them staring at me... not just the other Tenno... but I feel the Betrayed... I feel Despisement and Rage too.... "Sylvia...? Are you alrigh-" "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! NONE OF YOU ARE HELPING!" I don't care who asked me, I just want to breath the air in this room alone... I don't even want to see Karn... "Karn... I don't think that's a good idea... I'm sensing a lot of mental instability." Wait.... she can tell when I'm.... like this...? When I'm not myself...? Just kill them all, you don't need them... they don't want you... DO YOU WANT THEM TO USE YOU!!?? DO YOU WANT TO BE THROWN AWAY LIKE TRASH ONCE YOU'VE SERVED YOUR PURPOSE!!?? Don't let them control you, don't be that weak. Don't be a puppet, don't let them think they are the alphas... "Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up shut up SHUT UP!!" I'm clutching my head now, it hurts... my head... memories flash through my vision, and my mind. Who am I...? MY WINGS!! MY BEAUTIFUL WINGS!!! Why!? Who would do this!? TEAR HIS SPINE FROM HIS BODY!! Pathetic, you don't have time for..... this, YOU HAVE KILLING TO DO!! Weak. They are weak. I am strong. Why... do you... have. My. WINGS!? Oh my god.... you just.... tore his spine out.... Are you.... scared of me? You are nothing but property, Tenno, MY property. The intense barrage of memories cease and I find myself alone. As I wanted... my head..... it still hurts.... Standing up, still quivering of either dizziness, or fear, I feel both, I begin to walk around the room. I approach the gathering bell, and at that moment I feel that I might fall over, if not throw up, so I lean against it, breathing in and out. Hearing a door open in the distance, I look to the source of the noise, and see Karn. "Still want to be alone?" The dizziness fades and I speak. "No... I'm..... sorry for yelling...." Karn approaches me and embraces me. "It's fine, you were under a lot of stress. I can understand that." Resting my head on his chest, I sigh, and remain silent. "I was surprised too, to be honest, we all were, and... you weren't the only one who panicked. Silvee was really stressed out, especially after you freaked out." He chuckles. "Sulivys is experiencing that right now, and last time I checked he was on the receiving end of it." I grin, and chuckle a bit. I hug Karn a bit tighter, the small amount of amusement quickly fading. "Karn..... I'm scared....." He lightly pats my back, trying to comfort me the best to his ability. "It's alright, I'm here for you, I will always be by your side." 

Downwards Spiral

Sylvia

Being haunted now by nightmares not only of the Betrayed, but now Alad V, a few days have passed and my sanity has taken even more hits. Quit being such a coward, this is great! We can tear his spine out AGAIN! This is fantastic! If, you're not too weak to kill him, or too cowardly to fight his pets. "Sylvia? You there?" I snap back to my senses, and look to Karn. "Uh, yea." Karn looks at me, obviously concerned. "You clearly need to take your mind off of this." I nod, feeling like I'm about to explode with stress and paranoia. "I just need to go on a mission, maybe kill some Grineer... It would sidetrack me." Realizing what I just said, I sigh. "I really am going insane.... aren't I? I'm  going to be obsessed with murder.... sooner or later, I might end up attacking you guys..... unable to separate friend from foe..." Karn puts his arm around me, holding close to him. "It's going to be fine, Mel-" "Is she even making a difference? Is she actually helping? What if she's making this worse? What if the reason we are like this is because-" Karn interrupts. "We? Who's we?" Silent, I realize that I referred to myself as 'We', and I sink further into my self-hatred. "Well, I'm truly going crazy. And there's nothing anyone can do to stop it. I'm doomed to kill my own kin... in some... blood-driven hysteria." Karn, in an attempt to comfort me, turns my head to face him, and kisses my forehead. "Maybe a mission might do you some good. Come on."

Kyla

Preparing for our mission in the armoury, I grab my weapons, equipment, and other tools and look at my teammates. Karn, Sylvia and Taryin are also coming with me to exterminate Grineer. I feel uncomfortable entrusting my life to a near psychopathic Tenno with nothing to stop her. Regardless, she hasn't attacked us on an actual mission, yet. "Alright, this time it's a simple extermination mission, in and out, as messy as we please. Everyone ready?" I nod, along with the others. "Alright, off we go then."

We are dropped off by our Lisets at an unattended landing pad on Earth, and Sylvia already appears overtaken by bloodlust, seemingly quivering in excitement. We spot a Grineer patrol and we begin our offensive, Karn charges in after he's activated his Iron skin, while I boost Taryin's shields as he begins to fire arcing currents of electricity from his Amprex. Sylvia charges in, ignoring everything around her but her target. I begin attacking a Grineer butcher who tried to sneak up on me, but failed. I've gotten a bit better at fighting, but not by much, I take a few hit's from the butcher's cleaver, but I strike him down. I move on to a couple of marines and begin to open fire with my Braton. I see a heavy gunner and decide to make it uncomfortable by pulling it a little too close for its comfort. I prepare to strike it while it's on its back, but I feel a body collide into mine and fall over. I am shocked to see half of a grineer marine spill its innards onto my body, and push the carcass off of me. But, I wasn't fast enough. The heavy gunner already regained its footing and is preparing to stomp on my head, but suddenly a blur leaps onto its back and begins to tear its chest to pieces. I get up and the my adversary has already been torn to bits, and Sylvia is on the other side the battlefield. "Ugh, thanks." I mumble under my breath. I notice she isn't just being a nuisance to me, she also dives in to take Karns target, and stampedes over Taryin to take his. She does this repeatedly in many different ways, leaping on Karns shoulders and launching herself at an already terrified Grineer soldier, or outright yanking Taryin away from a kill to get the finishing blow, and yanking my target away from me to her, or yanking the clone's torso off of its legs with her energy hook.

Once the bloodbath ended and we nearly arrive at extraction, I feel that I need to talk to Sylvia. "Sylvia, can I talk to you?" She looks to me, exhausted. "Sure, why?" I gesture the others to head on, once they do, I begin to talk. "Do you not have ANY control over yourself? I nearly got killed because you threw a TORSO at me!" Sylvia looks shocked for a moment, but her posture hardens. "Hey, I saved you though!" "Yea, but that doesn't change the fact that you disrupted EVERYONE just to satisfy your thirst for violence!" "Hey, I may lose control sometimes, but at least I can actually handle myself! That I actually have some skill in combat!" I can feel rage boiling inside me. "Do you think I like to be the burden of the squad!? Do you think I enjoy being constantly insulted by some snide and hypercritical jerk!? Because I don't! I hate every single moment of it! I don't even believe the Lotus when she says I have potential! I may be close to useless, but I'm not a blood-thirsty psychopath like you! You have no idea of the pain I've-" Sylvia automatically seems enraged, she grabs me by the neck and pins me to a wall. "DON'T TALK TO US ABOUT PAIN!!!! DO YOU THINK WE ENJOYED BEING TORN APART!? DO YOU THINK WE ENJOYED SEEING OUR WINGS TORN FROM OUR BODY!? DO YOU THINK WE WANTED TO BE DRAGGED TO SOME LAB AND BE TREATED LIKE A MACHINE!? DO YOU THINK I BEGGED THEM TO DO THIS TO ME!? DO YOU THINK I LIKE WHAT I'M BECOMING!? BECAUSE I DON'T! I don't.... every day I wake up... I consider killing myself.... ridding the Origin system of... this..." She roughly throws me to the ground, not enough to injure, but enough to hurt, and I cough repeatedly, greedily breathing in air. "Don't talk to me about pain...... I felt more pain than you can imagine..." Sylvia sighs. "Let's just... -cough- head to extraction... -cough-" She nods. "Yea..."

Sylvia

After our fight, we head to extraction, as my mind berates me with more of its maddening bantering. You see? Didn't you like that? Instead, imagine you keep doing that until they stop struggling, when they accept their fate. Oh, wouldn't that be wonderful? Kinslayer..... would you present more of your kin to Death's door? Would you..... slaughter them like you did in the... relays? When they think you will fight alongside them.... and then end them.....? We should. It would be a great bonding moment. THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING FOR US!! ONLY PUSH US FURTHER TO MADNESS!! KILL THEM, HUNTER!!! There is no more hope for you.... Kinslayer..... end yourself... before you end those you hold dear..... "Sylvia? Sylvia!" I snap back to reality. I look to see Karn, with a rather concerned face. "Kyla said you were... considering-" "Yes! I.... I was...." Without another word, I hastily head to the Liset, and enter. Sitting against a wall, I curl into a ball, as I always do when I need to be alone. Karn, however, is either unaware, or is aware, but disregards it. "Sylvia. Why-" "Do you think the Tenno need some psychotic abomination, running around everywhere, killing everything it sees, even its kin? Do you think you need that!?" Karn attempts to speak but I am not finished yet. "And don't you start saying it isn't true because it is! You know it's true! I am pieces of other Tenno strapped together into one sickly husk! I no longer serve my purpose! Which was turned from fighting for balance, to get revenge! That was the only reason I didn't just end myself instead of going with you! And now....... now I just live in fear.... of getting... caught again......" I begin to weep, as my mind begins to banter again. "Sylvia..... maybe you just need to wind down a bit... when was the last time you slept?" I don't reply, but it has been four days since I've slept. I'm surprised that I was still able to tear everything to shreds without falling over in exhaustion. I'm scared to sleep. I don't want to see them again. The Betrayed.... Rage.... and something that isn't Despisement anymore... but... something else... Karn takes off my helmet, I flinch, but don't do anything to stop it. "I have no idea how I didn't notice those bags under your eyes, when did you-" "Four days." Karn looks shocked, and he sighs. "Insomnia, Melodie was talking about this..." "If you were haunted by the people you killed as I am you would avoid sleep too!" Karn puts his hand on my shoulder, in a failing attempt to comfort me. "I'm not blaming you. I'm worried about you. Everyone is." Looking away from Karn, I sigh, trying to block out the voices, but they are too overwhelming. Karn mistakes this for misbelief. "Believe me when I sa-" "It's fine. It's..... Them....." Karn's expression tells me he knows I'm referring to the voices. Karn picks me up and sits, setting me on his lap as he normally does, and I hold onto him, as I always do. "It's going to be fine. I'm sure of it." It's clear that even Karn is losing hope, I don't say anything though, because me being depressed is already depressing him, I don't want to make it worse. "Can you try to sleep?" "I guess.... will you wake me up when I have a nightmare?" Karn pats my back lightly. "Of course" After a long, mental struggle, I nod off and descend into another maddening nightmare.

Taryin

"Well, things took a rather depressing turn." I say, trying to break the silence in the Liset Kyla and I share. She only nods. "Hey, you did good out there, if it weren't for Sylvia, you probably would've got that gunner. You're getting better at this." She turns away and exhales dismissively. "I probably would've screwed it up anyway. Sulvus is right. I'm use-" "Don't say that! Everyone learns at different paces." She takes her helmet off. She always looks twice as beautiful as I remember when she does. Her brown hair, which goes down to the top of her neck, bounces a bit as she does, and she blows a couple of strands out of her face. I take off my own helmet. "Two months. It's been two months and I'm not even as skilled as someone who has been trained for a week! A damn week!" I look into her beautiful, blue eyes, they're like the skies of Earth, a light, soft blue, but it troubles me to see them so depressed. Her voice seems to be cracking up. "I just wanted a normal life. I just wanted to live my life with my friends and family... Why me? Why did it have to be m-" I hug Kyla, having enough of seeing her like this. She hesitates for a bit, but hugs back. "You know... you're the only one who understands.... the only one who really cares... so... thanks..." "No problem. It's what I do." The Liset docks with our Dojo, and before we exit the Liset, Kyla kisses me on the cheek, gives me a quick hug, and exits. I stand there for a moment, trying to figure out if that just happened. "Did she actually...? She did! Hell yea!" I jump up with my fist in the air, and accidentally punch the ceiling, which hurt. "Ow! damn, that hurt." Shaking my hand, I exit the Liset, and set off to find Sylus to inform him of my accomplishment.

Vor

Sylvia

I wake up screaming and flailing, thinking I am being held by one of the Betrayed. "Let me go! I didn't want to hurt you! Ple-" "Sylvia! It's me! Karn." The sound of Karn's voice soothes me, and I stop moving. "Sorry... I..." Karn pats my back lightly, almost soothingly. "It's fine, as long as you got some sleep." Honestly, I still feel deprived of sleep, my eyes still heavy, my mind still groggy. "Even though, -yawn- it feels like I only slept for a few minutes." Karn sighs. "Twenty minutes." I'm not surprised, of what little sleep I've gotten, sleeps have been only ten minutes or less, guess I'm lucky. I look up to Karn, into his dark brown eyes, a scar going down from his brow to below his eye, to this day, he refuses to tell anyone how he got it. Karn looks back into mine, this lasts for a couple of seconds, mainly because my mind goes blank out of fatigue, and I feel like I'm about to fall asleep, but I shake myself out of it when Karn finally speaks. "Sulvus wanted me to tell you that there is a certain Grineer captain that needs to be taken out. He volunteered to lead the mission, and wanted to know if you were coming." I feel that an assassination might take my mind off of the events of last mission, my overly hostile reaction still clear in my mind. "Is... Kyla coming?" Karn shakes his head. "No, Sylus, Sulvus, and I will also be coming along, you in?" I nod, looking forward to the challenge.

We enter a small room in an asteroid mining base not too far from Mercury. After a bit of navigating the base, not to mention killing many squadrons of Grineer marines, we enter a large room, with a large platform in the center. In the middle of the platform stands our target. Captain Vor. I enter a bloodlust-driven hysteria, eager to tear the degenerate clone apart. He hollers taunts at us, but I pay no heed, and charge. Tearing through the Captain's lackeys mercilessly, and effortlessly, I leap at the sickening clone, but an orb of sickly yellow light appears nearby and fires bolts of electricity at me. I land in front of him, attempt to strike at him, but Karn shoves me away from the sparking sentry. Karn prepares to strike downwards with his Galatine, but the Grineer captain teleports, and the blade hits the steel platform. I see Vor not too far from me, and charge at him, this time without that ball of light to disrupt me. He pulls an Orokin key from a slot in his chest, points it at me, and a beam of pure Orokin energy fires straight into me. Even in my hysteria, I can feel the burning pain of the beam, but I press on, but at some point before I can reach him, my legs give away in pain, and I fall over. I attempt to get back up but I can feel an unbearable pain all over my body, and I fully collapse, out of the fight.

Karn

As soon as I see Sylvia hit the floor my heart is filled with an uncontainable rage, to see the degenerate, hideous clone sneer made that rage uncontrollable. "I WILL SLICE THAT DEGRADING SNEER OFF OF YOUR DEGENERATE FACE!! AND THEN, I WILL CUT YOU IN HALF!!" I activate my iron skin and charge at Vor head on, letting off a furious roar as I do, with the intent to make his death slow. Once I reach the now slightly scared clone, I slice him across the chest multiple times. Sylus attempts to join in on the violence, but I shoulder check him mid-swing. "THIS BASTARD IS MINE!!!" I bellow as I slice at one of his robotic legs. Sylus recoils, but regains his footing. "Alright, alright, big guy, I'll cover you... I guess." Vor kneels down, heavily wounded, I prepare to finish him off, but a dark sphere surrounds him, blocking any form of damage. Marines begin to appear from all the doors in the room. I roar in fury, and attempt to break his rage-fueling orb once again, but to no avail. The orb dissapears and Vor teleports once again. I look back to where Sylvia was, to see Sulvus's snow globe surrounding him and Sylvia, he appears to be doing the best he can. I see heavy units approach the globe, consisting of a Napalm and two bombards, and they prepare to fire on the icy shield. "NO!! I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO HARM THEM ANY FURTHER!!" I charge at the explosive enthusiasts and impale one of the Bombards on my Galatine, I swing my blade, causing the corpse to slide off my blade and I slice the other in the back. To finish off the fight, in which the odds have tilted against me, now surrounded by Grineer, I stomp the ground with great might, and send everything around me into the air, and slowing their descent. I open fire with my Hek shotgun, making sure everything in the radius of the stomp is dead, and hastily retreat to the snow globe, which seems to have almost faded. "How is she?" Sulvus looks back at me. "She is in a lot of pain. Can't even move without doubling over." I crack my neck, then my fists. "Oh... he's gonna pay dearly for this... Sylus and I have this, you get Sylvia to extraction." Sylus, who I wasn't even aware was in the globe, speaks up. "Whoa whoa whoa whoa! Aren't I going to get a say in this?" Sulvus, disregarding Sylus' whining, picks up Sylvia and slumps her over his shoulder, and makes a mad dash to the exit, while Sylus gives him covering fire, realizing his opinion is outweighed in this situation. I see Vor and charge towards him, not yet done with him, activating my iron skin. I trample him, and before he can get up, I grab him by the throat, and lift him into the air. I then smash him into the ground, and kick him. I bring the blade of my Galatine down and cut him clean in half, ending his sorry existance. "Mess with a rhino, and you get the horns." If I had the opportunity, I would've taken my helmet off to spit on his corpse. But there are too many enemies to do that, so I run to the exit.

Sylvia

My vision fades in and out, the pain is overwhelming, I can't move. It's hard to tell what's going on. You are pathetic, I can't believe he took you out so easily. Letting a Grineer dog take you down like that! I didn't think you were that weak! Your almost as bad as that Mag-user! DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT!! WE WOULD NEVER GO SO LOW AS THE MAG-USER!!!! SHE IS THE WEAKLING, NOT US!!! WE ARE STRONG!! WE ARE EVERLASTING!!! SHE IS WEAK, AND BRITTLE!!! Kinslayer... do you see us...? Do you hear us...? Do you.... feel us...? Our fear and mercy? The snapping of our bones... and the ripping of our flesh...? The warmth of our blood...? Do you know... us...? The laughing and cheering of our children? The soothing lullabies of our mothers? The reassuring promises of our fathers that they will return alive? Only to do so, to see all they held dear torn into pieces.........? .....Do you....... know us....? Everything goes dark, and I fall unconscious.

Karn

Overwhelmed by an eating sense of worry, I pace outside the med bay, waiting for Triss to come out with news. This goes on for many, stress-building minutes, until Triss finally comes out the door. "So? How is she?" Triss sighs. "She's going to be out for at least a week, that beam she took to the chest really took its toll, resulting in a nasty burn on her chest, and quite a bit of wounds everywhere else, from all those bullets and cleavers she took." I shake my head, and rest it on my hand. "How bad is it?" Triss gestures to follow her. "See for yourself." When we arrive to Sylvia's bed, what I see makes me regret I hadn't made Vor's death slower. A huge burn is visible on her chest, along with bullet holes and stitched wounds riddled along her visible body, most of it covered by a blanket, for decency's sake. "Wish I made his death slower. When do you think she will awake?" Shrugging, Triss walks to Sylvia and holds her hand gently, and rubs the back of it with her thumb. "I don't know. As long as her nightmare lasts I guess. Poor thing. Not only did she go through all this pain she's probably seeing some really disturbing things right now. But she's taking it like a trooper, like she was trained to." "She was trained to take a lot of physical punishment, Triss, not psychological. I don't know if she can take this much longer. I hope Melodie finds a way to help." Triss looks at me disbelievingly. "Since when are you of all people losing hope? You were always one to look on the bright side, who always saw good in a situation, and in other people. This isn't like you to just lose faith. You know that, I know that, and Sylvia damn well knows that. Seeing you like this is not going to help her in any way." Sighing, I look at Triss. "Do you really think the damage Alad V did to her is reversible? And all the stress she's going through is going to go away? Sometimes, Triss, optimism is just a fancy way of saying, 'you're lying to yourself.' She's going to go mad, and soon." Triss' expression hardens. "Karn, this isn't like you... what's gotten into you? Even in the darkest of caverns you always saw a light. In every mistake, you saw a new advantage, a new chance. You saw good in the darkest of evils. You're talking like Sulvus." She's right, I do sound like him, he always expected the worst out of people, and always saw a downside. Is it the stress? Is it seeing Sylvia like this? Seeing her in so much pain, seeing her undergoing so much stress, and seeing her slowly unraveling? What has gotten into me? "Ugh, I'm sorry, it's just, times are growing dark, I'm just getting stressed out." Triss' expression turns from stern to sympathetic. "I know, we all are, Silvee, Sylus, Sulvus, you and me. You're not the only one who is hurt seeing her like this... why did this happen to her? Of all people? She never deserved it..." I put my hand on Triss' shoulder, I know that as the group's honourary mother, she's feeling the most stress right now. "Sometimes, bad things happen to good people." "And good things happen to bad people." Triss finishes. I leave the room at Triss' instruction, saying that she will call me if she needs help calming Sylvia down. I head to my quarters, lay down an my bed, and take a long delayed rest.

Heated Arrival

Silvee

"What's on your mind, Silvee?" Surprised, I look over to see Sulivys looking at me with his inquisitive green eyes. His 'top hat' hovering over his head, regardless of the fact he isn't wearing a helmet. "I'm just... worried about Sylvia. Did you see how badly she was hurt?" Sulivys, who looks concerned, but not surprised, caresses my cheek, I tilt my head into it. "I'm sure it's not just her wounds that are bothering you, I know that as a fact." Looking down, I sigh. I've been really worried about her since she woke up screaming in the med bay, and once, I had a panic attack. "I... I don't know if she's going to get through this... it took Melodie a week before she found out what to do... who knows how long she'll take to do anything that'll help..." Sulivys looks at me questionably. "How come all of a sudden you've lost all hope in one of your closest friends?" This question caught me by surprise. "I... I-I don't know..." I sob uncontrollably. "She's ch-changed so much... *Sob* she was once the honourable, valiant Valkyrie.... but now... now she's.... *Sob* I-I don't even know what to call her....." Sulivys hugs me and I bury my head into his chest, crying like a child. "She's going to be fine, Melodie will make sure of that." He backs away a bit and gingerly holds up my chin, and kisses me on the lips. I can feel my face warm up, I know I'm blushing. Sulivys pulls back and brushes a few strands of hair out of my face, and gives me his 'I-just-want-you-to-be-happy' face that I just can't resist. "You hungry? I'm feeling rather peckish." I smile and nod, and reach out to hold his hand. "Let's go."

Karn

I finish off a piece of leftover steak I had as a small snack, take the dishes to the sink, and leave them there. Sylus has dishwashing duty tonight, and I felt hungry, so I think it's a win-win. As I exit through the door, I see Silvee and Sulivys holding hands and walking towards me, or the room. Silvee seems happy enough, but seems rather close to Sulivys to be mentally unburdened, it's none of my business though. "Oh, hi Karn!" Silvee waves to me in her normal, energetic, happy way. "Hey Silvee." I nod to Sulivys. "Hey Sulivys." Sulivys nods back. "Salutations, Karn." I step out of the way so the couple can walk in, and walk out. I make my way to the med bay to check on Sylvia. Triss told me that she freaked out earlier, but she got her back to sleep. I enter the med bay and see Triss near the entrance, as if she were expecting me. "Hey Karn. Before you ask, yes, she's awake." I'm not particularly surprised that she assumed why I was here, really the only reason I would. "Can I see her?" She nods, and gestures towards the beds. "Don't let me keep you." I approach Sylvia in her bed, she seems to have recovered, the 'green mist' having done most of its job, but I can see clear humiliation in her gold-yellow eyes, her ashen hair covering half her face "I can't believe that degenerate ape actually managed to take me down. It's damned humiliating." I place my hand on her still-bare shoulder. "Vor had control over potent Orokin technology. Even if you managed to reach him, he would overwhelm you in your frenzied state." Sylvia's expression suddenly turns hostile. "So you're saying I'm weaker than him!?" Disregarding her injuries, she sits up quickly, with a clearly visible scowl on her face. "I never said that, I-" "You didn't have to! You were clearly suggesting that! We aren't obli-" She pauses, catching herself mid-sentence. She lays down, her face hidden the covers. "Sylvia..... I'm sorry if I offended you." She looks back up from the covers, but just enough to look at me with now sad, if not scared eyes. "It's fine... it was just... just an overreaction." I sit on the edge of her bed, making sure to give her some space. "Melo-" "She hasn't done anything since she went to discover The Betrayed. Quit throwing that crap at me. I.... I'm sorry... that just... slipped..." I hold Sylvia's hand, even with her face hidden, I can tell she feels distressed, mainly because of how she's acting. "No, you're right. She hasn't done anything since then. I'm going to have to talk to her later." I decide to try to change the subject. "How are you holding up?" Sylvia sighs. "Triss says the skin on my chest is going to be really sensitive for a long time, like a month I think. Not that I care. I've tanked through a lot of pain, way more than this burn." I nod, I'm glad to see a bit of the old Sylvia, emotionally unaffected by her wounds, knowing that she felt worse. Sylvia brings her head back from under the covers, and looks at her hands, somewhat disgusted. "You know, I miss the old days, when I was the Valkyrie, when we were fighting the Sentients. At least they wouldn't tear your Warframe to pieces. Then again... maybe I just don't deserve my wings." I hug Sylvia. "Don't say that, you had every right." She looks up from her hands. "Do I now? After slaying thousands of my kin? After attacking my brothers and sisters in arms? If I still had my wings, that fight back at where you found me would end with only me walking out. My wings were once rightfully mine... but not anymore." She closes her eyes, and sighs, hiding her face in her hands. "Sylvia, Triss said you freaked out when you woke up, was it a another nightmare?" One of Sylvia's fingers slide to reveal one of her eyes. "The Betrayed... and Alad... haunting me, as usual..." I feel that I should change the subject, and decide to bring up the first positive subject in my head, which was Silvee and Sulivys. "What do you think about Silvee's relationship with Sulivys?" Sylvia brings her hands down calmly, and smiles. "I'm proud of her, having a man to call her own. Not like property, no, I wouldn't wish a relationship like that on an enemy. But you know what I'm talking about." I nod, knowing what she meant. "I think they look cute together." She adds. "I think they were made for each other. Sulivys seems to treat her very well. Almost like royalty, at times." Sylvia smiles and nods. She looks to her wounds. "I don't see how these wounds would keep me in a bed, I kinda want to see Jakiro, see how he's doing." Ah, yes, Sulvus' kubrow, Jakiro. The kubrow seems to have a greater friendship with Sylvia than his own master. "I can check with Triss to see if you still need to be kept here." I get up from the bed and approach Triss. "Is Sylvia stuck on her bed, or can she wander?" Triss looks at me, her brown but nearly black hair swaying, and gives her normal, soul-penetrating stare that says; 'What sort of question is that?' "She would convulse in pain with every step." "She didn't seem to flinch when she moved around in her bed." "Well, you can never be too safe when it comes to injuries. At least a week until she should get moving, no negotiation." I know that there is no changing Triss' mind. She acts a lot like a parent, and normally has the attitude of one. So there's no point in trying to convince her otherwise. "Alright then." I walk back to Sylvia, tell her the motherly doc's orders, and we continue to chat for a while longer.

Sulvus

After another annoyingly disappointing training session with Kyla, I head to my quarters to see Jakiro sleeping on my bed. The kubrow has a rarer coat than most, being mainly blue, with a couple of green patches. He is a Sahasa kubrow who has served me well in many battles, loyally, and relentlessly. I scratch behind his ears and his eyes open drowsily. He's still tired out by the last battle, which involved defending a cryopod. His tail wags slightly and he barks happily. Grinning, I pat his head and leave him to his sleep. I inspect my gear, making sure my Frost-class Warframe, which is Prime, having been in my use since the Orokin era, is in good condition. I look to my weapons, Latron, Reaper, and AkBronco prime and make sure they are updated with enhanced mods. All of them follow a theme of black, dark red, and white, with a normal red glow. Hard I have worked to get these glorious weapons, and harder to make them known. Hydra Fang, my Reaper, in all of its blazing glory. Bulwark's Bane, My Latron, that has felled many a Hoplite, the common mechanical soldiers of the Sentients. And finally, Centaur Charge, my AkBronco. Having destroyed many Sentient shield walls. I smile, memories of the many battles against the Sentients flowing back to me. In my opinion, they relied too heavily on machines, they almost seemed cowardly. Doesn't mean it wasn't interesting to fight their siege engines, Minotaurs and Hydras, and the fabled Titan, one machine not even I have fought, many doubted its existence, thinking it was a bluff. But I never call a bluff without confirmation. I believe that they never had the time to deploy it. Though their technology was quite interesting, two Warframes were based off of it. Harpy, and Hades. Both of them ended up betraying the Orokin. Since then, we've left their technology untouched, thinking it had the ability to manipulate Tenno's minds. Though, I think it foolish to automatically call a coincidence a side effect. I thought it mere superstition, but I wasn't one to disobey orders, for fear my weapons and pride would be taken away, the only thing I lived for, what I was taught to live for. I hear the voice of the Lotus coming through the intercom in my quarters. "Lord Sentinel. There is a Tenno requesting entrance into the dojo, go to the doors at once." Lord Sentinel, the name of the leader of the Sentinels of Shadow. Though, it's odd that an unknown Tenno found this place. I go to the entrance and open the large door to the main hall to see a familiar Ember Prime-user, whose name is Jyce. She grins, a large scar across her face and her topaz-like eyes looking studying my attire. "Sup? Been a while." She snickers. "Ironic, you used to be against casual attire, now you're wearing casual clothes." I shrug, and chuckle. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. It has been a while, hasn't it? All is well here." Jyce and I fought side-by-side since we were deemed fit for war, she used, and still uses a Tonbo, Boltor Prime, and Lex Prime. As usual, she wears her amber-coloured hair down to the bottom of her neck, and wears an always amused smirk on her face. "I'm doin' fine, thanks for asking." She sarcastically remarks. "Seems that you haven't changed much, Sulvus. Cold as ice and about as emotional as a block of it." I chuckle at this, she's always called me 'Icy-not-so-nicey' because of this fact, I was always annoyed by this, needless to say. "So, Icy, how's the clan?" "Fine. You can come in, unless you enjoy the airlock more than the main hall." Jyce chuckles, and walks in. As we enter she looks around, not overly impressed. We've both seen greater. "Nice place 'ya got here. Sure as hell better than the place I got. Left 'em, then I remembered you guys. How's Sylvia?" I pause, not sure if I should tell her, or let her find out herself. "I think it's easier to show than tell." Jyce catches on that whatever happened to her wasn't good, and her expression shows it. "Well, let's take a gander."

Once we arrive at Sylvia's bed in the med bay, Jyce automatically notices the lack of Sylvia's wings. "Holy crap... what the hell happened to you? And who did this?" Sylvia looks to Jyce grimly. "The Corpus. To be specific, Alad V." Jyce looks furious. Jyce and Sylvia are great friends, knowing each other longer than I knew either of them. "I'm gonna simmer that creepy bastard even if it takes days! I'm goin' to make sure he knows never to cross the Tenno! He's goin' to pay." Hungry flames emanate from her hands, eager to burn anything they touch. "Jyce." She snaps to her senses, and sighs."I can't believe it. They de-winged you... the Valkyrie." Sylvia shakes her head, and rests it in her hands. She looks over at Jyce. "They tore it apart... my Warframe... twisted it beyond recognition... the pain drove me mad..." She holds herself as if she is feeling it all over again, I look at Jyce, her eye is twitching in rage, but I can notice a tear in her eye. She's always had a soft spot for friends. They were what she cared about above all else. She would take a bullet for someone she cared about, even if it meant death. In my opinion, it's a weakness. "Those bastards are gonna pay... I will burn all of 'em to ashes. And everything they've achieved I will burn to the ground!" Karn, finally making his presence known, tries to change the subject. "So, Jyce, it's been a while." Jyce, in her all-burning rage, does not appreciate this. "Do you even care!?" Karn, who took her enraged question badly, bellows back. "How dare you!? If you think that I don't care about Sylvia's condition, you are dead wrong! If one of those Corpus freaks so much as lay a finger on her, I will tear their arm off!" Jyce marches up to Karn and they butt heads. "Oh really? Then how come this happened!?" Karn loses it. He roars in rage and shoulder-checks Jyce. She flies backwards, thankfully missing any medical equipment, and hits a wall. She quickly gets back up, and charges at Karn, punching him square on the jaw. Karn kicks one of her knees. Jyce recoils in pain, and Karn grabs her, prepares to slam her to the ground, but Triss tackles him. Karn, taken by surprise, falls over. I quickly tear Jyce from Karn's grip and restrain him, as Triss does the same with Jyce. I can't say brawls like this between Karn and Jyce were uncommon. And they normally ended with Jyce, and always Jyce, being carried to the med bay. "Let me at 'em! We ain't done!" Jyce tries to shake out of Triss' grip, but Triss has gotten used to preventing these brawls. And so have I. "Let me go, damnit! I won't leave this unfinished!" He tries to elbow me in the gut, but I avoid the jab. "Yes you will! Quit your pointless fighting!" Karn calms down a bit. So does Jyce. Karn wipes a bit of blood from his lip, and moves his jaw to make sure it's still in place, and gives Jyce a scowl, in which she returns it. Jyce exits the room, and Karn stays. He returns to Sylvia, and she slaps him in the face. Karn only flinches. "You deserved that." "Yea, I know."

Jyce

Well, Karn sure hasn't changed. "Jyce!" I turn around to see Sulvus, his glacial blue eyes full of a cold anger "What the hell was that?! Karn was only trying to change the subject! Then you decide to &!$$ him off!" I glare back at Sulvus. "Don't tell me I was the only one who thought Karn looked like he didn't care!" "They're lovers now, Jyce! If he didn't care, he wouldn't be there!" Wait, what? Them, lovers? "What happened to Kyran?" Sulvus, whose expression goes serious, replies with something I should've expected. "He went after the Archmind." I exhale. "Oooof course he went after the Archmind. One of the most skilled Tenno warriors trained in a way only one other was trained in, who has a badass spear and can fly, went off on a fool's errand and is probably like, seventy years old now." Sulvus puts his hand on my shoulder, which is something he doesn't do very often. "Jyce, what happened? Normally you're not so quick to anger." "Aren't I always?" Sulvus sighs, he can tell I'm trying to worm my way out of this. I sigh. "I didn't leave that other clan voluntarily. Too many good people. The fact is, the whole clan was killed in my face. One by one, the Grineer executed each and every one of my friends. They were about to kill me, but then this one Tenno killed 'em, he seemed to use water as a weapon, then, he just flew off on his Liset. Those bastard clones killed good people, and good friends." The look of concern on Sulvus' face surprises me. "Does 'Icy-not-so-nicey', actually feel concerned?" I ask jokingly. Sulvus automatically wipes the expression off his face and shakes his head. "I merely felt bad, that's all. I can tell it was painful, to watch good Tenno die in front of you, with nothing you can do." I snicker, I know he feels concerned. There's no mistaking it. For a while since the last time we've been in each other's company, he's been slowly beginning to care about me as potentially more than a friend, I just pretend not to notice. 'Till now, at least. "Don't think I didn't notice all those signs that you want to be more than friends." Sulvus flinches, opens his mouth to speak, but closes it. Guess I'm right. "You know, ice is bound to melt sometime. 'Specially 'round fire." Sulvus begins to speak. "I am well aware of-" I interrupt his smart-talk with a hug and a kiss on the lips. It takes a second, but I feel Sulvus wrap his arms around my waist. I open my eyes slightly to see Sulvus' face in the brightest shade of red I've ever seen on someone's face. Yep, he's melted. Sulvus pulls back a bit and we stare into each other's eyes for about ten seconds. "I've never seen anyone  blush so much. Didn't think I would see your face so pink." I comment teasingly. Sulvus grins. "It would be a lie if I said you weren't blushing. Seemed you were still eager for this advance too." I return the grin. I remember when I first tried to kiss him, when I was interested but Sulvus merely brushed me off. Then refused to talk to me 'till I promised I wouldn't try to kiss him again. "So, how're others? Silvee, Taryin, Sylus, oh! And Jakiro! How's 'lil Jaki?" Sulvus chuckles. "They're alive and well." I rest my chin on Sulvus' broad shoulder and lean it against his head. "Good. Good." I sigh in a form of relief and shift most of my weight onto Sulvus, tired out from my day. "I could do with a nap. How 'bout you?" "That would be nice." We head over to his quarters and get some rest, me laying on Sulvus, head rested on his chest, his arms wrapped around my waist, and we fall asleep.

(Chp. 7)

Crimson Vengeance

Sylvia

After a small chat with Kyla I end up falling asleep beside Karn. I am woken up by Karn tapping my shoulder. "Sylvia, wake up. We found him." Still groggy from just waking up I tilt my head with a confused face. "What? Who are you talking about?" Karn's expression does not change. "Alad V." That's all it took to wake me up completely. "Really? You found that coward?" Karn nods, he seems eager. "Yea, he's at a supposedly 'hidden' base." I grin and laugh maniacally, thinking of what I could do to him. TEAR HIM APART LIMB BY LIMB AND MAKE HIM WATCH!! TEAR HIS SPINE OUT OF HIS THROAT!! RIP HIS BELOVED ZANUKA APART!! PAINT THE ROOM WITH IS BLOOD!! "Good... very good....." Karn, who is looking at me with a slightly worried face now, opens his mouth to say: "So I guess you want to come?" My grin widens and I nod, my face expression singing with glee. "Yes! Of course I want to come!" Really? What if he catches you again? What if everything goes wrong and you get thrown back in that torturous laboratory? The thought of that makes me realize how scared I really am. Karn notices this and knows exactly what I'm thinking. "Don't worry, I won't let him touch you. And if he does, he's in for a world of hurt." I smile and hug him. "I've known you long enough to know you wouldn't let anything bad happen to me." Karn, realizing I'm still pretty tired, picks me up from under my feet, surprising me. "Oh!" I giggle, and rest my head against Karn's shoulder. Kyran never really picked me up unless I was wounded, so this is new to me. "You hungry? The others had a meal a bit ago, I'm sure there's some leftovers." I shake my head slightly. "No, I'm fine." After a bit of walking Karn puts me back on my feet. "I'm going to get a bite to eat, I'm sure Triss would want to take a look at your ribs, she didn't think it would be a good idea to work on them right away, she thought you would panic if you woke up while it was happening." Oh yea, my ribs, forgot about those. I nod. "Alright. I'll be sure to stop by."

I head to the med bay to see Triss. "Hey Sylvia! You feel better with those restraints off?" I nod, rubbing my wrist, glad to feel it again. My expression seems to give away that I feel love struck. "So, who is it?" I look down, blushing, still holding my wrist. "Karn. Kissed me on the lips." Triss smiles and chuckles a bit. "So, he finally let that off his chest, huh?" I smile. "Yea, so, my ribs?" "Oh, yea let's get to that" A few minutes later Triss begins taking off my Warframe and treating my many wounds, even I was surprised by how many I had. Triss, who is picking bullets out of my side pauses for a second. "What?" "Um, nothing." She drops the bullet in her tweezers on the tray beside her, and it looked Tenno-crafted, I feel a sense of shame, and look away from it. "It's not your fault. It was Al-" "I know, Karn was telling me that too... sorry for interrupting." Triss grins. "It's alright. Wow, you really took a lot of hits, in fact, your Warframe isn't doing much for protection." I look at my wounds again. "I don't feel much of them, normally the serious ones." After a while longer I exit the med bay, giving Triss a hug, and prepare for the next mission.

Finally.... we can have... our.... revenge... wait. We? Oh god.... what has he turned me into? I look across the room to see Karn clad in his Rhino Warframe, with all of his weapons. I look around the armoury, weapons, extra armour, modifications, etc. Then I see my old sword and shield, and sigh. "I remember those days, when I was the Valkyrie... not... this" I can feel myself shiver, I realize that I'm no longer looking forward to this. I.... I'm scared....Pathetic. How can you can be scared of that worm? He can't even defend himself. DON'T TURN BACK NOW!!! THIS IS YOUR ONLY OPERTUNITY!! TEAR HIS FLESH TO PIECES!!! You are truly falling apart, obsessed with murder.... I'm disappointed in you. I can't believe you think you're a Tenno, you're a monster. I'm not a monster!! I'm a Tenno!! No you're not, you know you're not. I bring my hands to my head, overwhelmed and trying to shut everything out. Don't lie to yourself. KILL HIM!!!! TEAR HIM TO PIECES!!!! MAKE HIM SCREAM FOR MERCY!!!!! Pathetic, if you can't even handle us you have no hope of killing him."Sylvia? are you okay?" I tuck my knees to my chest. "Shut up shut up shut up shut up SHUT UP!!!" PAINT HIS LAB WITH HIS BLOOD!!!! TEAR HIS SKIN OFF HIS BODY!!!! JUST AS HE DID TO OUR WARFRAME!!! SLOWLY, AND PAINFULLY!!! "Sylvia? What's wrong?" Everything seems to darken, and then the torrent of judging voices comes to an end. I'm curled up on the floor, hands on my head and knees tucked to my chest. "Sylvia? A-are you okay?" I look up to see Silvee, who almost seems scared. "I-I'm fine... I think..." Karn looks at me disbelievingly, but equally concerned. "You still able to come along?" I sit up and nod. "Y-yea... I'm fine." Karn offers to help me up, I grab his arm and stand up. I grab the nearest weapon near me, which is a Jat Kittag, a seemingly crude but creative weapon. "Not going to grab a gun?" I shrug. "Never was my thing" We board the Liset and wait an hour or two. Sulvus has also joined us on the mission, wanting to get his piece of the Zanuka too. "Tenno, I am sending the coordinates to Alad's base in the Themisto sector, make sure nothing lives." Says a mysterious voice, one I recognize as the Lotus. We enter the base and proceed to our objective. We walk down a long corridor and I see a small patrol of crewmen. I feel myself twitch uncontrollably. "Sylvia, don't attack, we're going to get the jump on him." I cry in fury and charge at the patrol with my Jat Kittag in hand. I leap and crush one underneath my jet-powered mace and he explodes into gore. The others recoil in terror but the MOA with them does not react, and fires. I swing my weapon at the MOA and it breaks into pieces. I massacre the others relentlessly, and lose control.

We arrive at the enterance to Alad V's lab. I'm nearly out of breath but I pay no heed to my body's demand for rest and all four of us walk through the door. "Ah, Tenno! You made it just in time! I assume you are here to contribute to my enterprise? Or to return my property?" Karn scoffs. "You know exactly why we are here, to put down that aberration of our brethren. And she is not your property." I let off a Warcry and charge at Alad V. That stupid collar of his unfolds and the Zanuka comes to life. I leap at Alad V. KILL HIM!!!! TEAR HIS ARMS OFF AND BEAT HIM WITH THEM!! The Zanuka leaps on me and starts to claw at me, tearing through my Warframe and into my flesh. I grab it's 'foot' and throw the abomination off of me and start to slash it's twisted hide with my claws. I see Karn charging at Alad V and a bigger rage boils inside me "NO!!! HE IS MINE!!" I abandon the Zanuka and charge at Karn, shoulder checking him and change course to Alad V. I leap on him and commence my warpath on his chest. TEAR HIS HEART OUT AND FEED IT TO HIM!!! TEAR HIS BODY APART!!! I hear the cries of the Zanuka as it charges at me. It pins me to the ground and claws at me again, this time I can't do anything. Karn throws it off of me and begins to beat it to pulp. I quickly get up and charge at Alad V, grabbing him by the neck. "What are you doing!? You're not supposed to attack me!! Attack the betrayers!!" I throw him to the floor face first. TEAR HIM APART!!! RIP HIS SPINE FROM HIS BODY!!!! I do as the voice tells me, and tear his spine from his throat, automatically killing him. I stand there for a moment, looking at my handiwork. "Oh my god... you just... tore his spine out...." I look at the strand of vertebrae in my hand and drop it. I fall to my knees, and everything goes dark. You are a monster. An abomination. You're exactly what Alad V wanted you to be. A heartless killer. Monster. Abomination..... Kinslayer.

Waking up with a jolt, I look around to find myself in the med bay, hooked up to a blood bag. Did I black out? What happened? Was it a dream? No, you idiot! If it was a dream you wouldn't be here! "So, you're finally awake." I jump, and look up to see Triss. "What happened?" "According to Karn, you blacked out after you tore out Alad V's spine." I shiver at the memory. "I-I wasn't me... I-" "I get it, you were really, REALLY mad. It's Silvee you really scared." "Oh my god... you just... tore his spine out...." I look at Triss. "Where's Karn?" Triss cracks an amused grin. "Right outside, he was really worried, you got torn up really bad." Triss walks away for a moment and comes back with Karn, who looks glad to see I'm awake. "How do you feel?" Karn asks, holding my hand. "Lightheaded, kinda drained." Karn chuckles. "I would think so. You were bleeding a lot when we got here, Triss even needed help." "You should get some rest, Sylvia. You're going to be here for a good few days. Might as well get comfy." I nod. "Alright, I'm pretty tired. Might just be the absent blood, but I'm up for some shut-eye." After Triss and Karn leave the room I shut my eyes and fall asleep. It makes me sick every time you say you are a Tenno. You are a sick animal waiting to be put down. You are no better than the Zanuka.

(Chp. 8)

Falling Apart

I lay curled on the smooth floor of a place unknown to me, there is nothing other than myself. Sitting up, I look around this seemingly endless room. Suddenly, a shadowy figure appears from the floor, it looks strikingly similar to what I was before, Valkyrie. It looks down at me with white, judging eyes. "Look at what you've let yourself become. Disgusting. You are better than this. You can be better than a Kinslayer." I try to speak but I can't. Another dark figure raises from the floor, it looks just like what I am now, but still has the restraints. It faces me. "Weak. You are weak. I can't believe you let the Zanuka maul you like that. You shouldn't need help." One other shadowy version of myself appears, it's hunched over, almost looks feral, it turns to the Valkyrie. "YOU KNOW NOTHING OF OUR PAIN, OUR SUFFERING!! YOU SIT ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY, LOOKING DOWN ON US LIKE PEASANTS!!! WE KILL FOR REVENGE, FOR SATISFACTION!! NOT FOR YOUR PRECIOUS 'BALANCE' OR PEACE!!!" "You have fallen to rage! You cannot let it use you like this!" "You are all useless to me! All you do is ramble on about one thing or another when I do all the work!" "I AM NOT USELESS!! I AM THE ONE WHO HAS GOTTEN US THIS FAR!! I DID EVERYTHING!! I KILLED ALAD V!! NOT YOU *@##$ES!!" The figures begin to argue amongst each other for what seems like hours, soon becoming unbearably loud. I lay curled in a ball between them, unable to say anything.

Sylvia

"Sylvia? Sylvia! Wake up!" I sit up almost autonomously, breathing heavily with beads of sweat rolling down my face. "Are you okay?" Looking to where the voice came from I see Silvee, and I hug her. "T-T-They wouldn't stop talking... It was like arguing with thousands of myself...." I can feel Silvee's hand stroking my hair, normally I would back away, but I don't care. I know she's trying to comfort me, let me know I'm safe. "Who?" She asks. I stay silent, not sure how to reply. "Voices... o-one of them was the Valkyrie... then me... then... then... what I m-might become...." I start to sob, scared to think of what I might become, some murderous beast who can't tell friend from foe. "Shhh... It's going to be fine..." "I-I didn't want to tear out his sp-spine... I-I couldn't do anything..... I-I-" Silvee looks me in the eyes and puts her index finger over my lips. "It's alright, everything is going to be fine." Silvee smiles at me comfortingly. Triss walks into the room to see what's going on. "What's going on?" Silvee looks over her shoulder at Triss. "She had another nightmare, it's alright though." I can't believe they still accept you after all that you've done, Kinslayer. You don't deserve this. "S-Silvee.... are you... are you scared of me?" Silvee frowns. "Why would I be scared of you?" I look down, still ashamed by the way I killed Alad V. "I'm not scared of you... I'm worried about you..." I look at the blood bag I'm hooked up to, just looking at the crimson substance brings back bad memories, and I look away. I bury my face into Silvee's shoulder and weep, terrified by the future. Triss puts her hand on my shoulder. "You won't be here for long, your blood level should be balanced by morning." I hear her but I don't reply. "Triss, I got this, you can go back to sleep." Triss yawns. "You sure?" Silvee nods. "Yea, I'm fine." "Alright then, good resting."  Triss leaves the room, leaving just Silvee and I in the room. "Can you tell me more about your dream, Sylvia?" Looking up at Silvee, I speak in a small, shivery voice. "T-They stared at me with judging eyes... th-the Valkyrie called me beast... animal...K- Kinslayer... The second figure called me weak... the other... just yelled and yelled... ab-b-bout murder and pain.... suffering..." Silvee brings my head close to her chest and strokes my hair again. It feels pleasant, my eyes become heavy and I feel tired. No... don't fall asleep... I don't want to see them again.... despite my mental pleads, I fall asleep, and thankfully, it's a dreamless sleep.

I wake up in the same zen garden I did when we returned from Mars and I feel confused. I realize I'm leaning against Karn. "A-Are you awake Karn...?" Karn looks down at me. "Yea, once your blood level stabilized Triss thought you would be pleased to wake up here, to the trickling of the stream." Smiling, I sit up and kiss Karn on the cheek, and then rest my head back on his chest. "Well, you're in a good mood. Oh, Triss said that you shouldn't do too much, or the stitches might give away." I sigh. I hate being limited in any way. "That means I'll have to carry you around the place." Smiling, I look down. Honestly, I liked the idea of being carried around the place, but I don't want to show it. Chuckling, Karn grins. "There's no hiding the fact you're going to enjoy this. I knew you enjoyed it the moment I picked you up the first time." Looking back up at Karn, I giggle and give him another kiss on the cheek. Looking into his eyes, I can tell he's worried about me. "Silvee was talking about your uh... nightmare." I sigh, and look down. "It's getting worse, isn't it?" I nod, and bury my face into Karn's shoulder. "I'm falling apart... sooner or later I'm going to be some gibbering lunatic who only lives for violence..." Karn rubs my back lightly. "I know someone who can help. She's... attuned to mental functions, so to speak." "R-Really?" Karn nods. "Yea, she owes me a favour."

Silvee

As I sit by the fountain in the Grand Hall, I think over the events of last night. Poor thing, she doesn't deserve this... I just hope she can get through this. "Salutations." Shocked, I look up to see the newest addition to the clan. "Oh, Hi. Didn't see you there. Say, I never caught your name." The oddly-donned Tenno bows, his 'Top Hat' levitating above his head. "Sulivys, Walker of Rifts, Isolator of Fools, at your service." He gently grabs my hand and kisses it. Giggling, I retract my hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm Silvee." Sulivys looks at me with an inquisitive expression. "You seem distracted, If I may ask, what's on your mind?" I look away. "It's... personal matters." Sulivys nods. "I understand. I'm sure your friend is going through tough times. Merely an observation though." I look back at Sulivys. "Oh, yea. She's been having disturbing dreams lately. Scaring her almost senseless." Sulivys' face lights up. "So I did hear weeping last night! I thought so, I just didn't want to bother anyone." "Were you woken by her?" Sulivys shakes his head. "Oh, no, I was taking small stroll around the place, getting used to it. It's quite a maze." I nod, chuckling at his metaphor. "Yea. You're not the only one who thinks so, many recruits have a hard time finding their way around, just takes some getting used to." Sulivys smiles. "How about we take a stroll? Maybe you can guide me to some places I haven't been to yet?" Nodding in agreement, I smile. "That would be nice, have you seen the Research Wing yet? I find it fascinating." Sulivys shakes his head. "No, I haven't, let us be off then."

Legend Rediscovered

Sylvia

They see me. They are always watching. The Betrayed... they see and judge my every move... Despisement has been silent... I can't say that's a bad thing... but she is still there... I can feel her presence... and Rage... She bellows into my head every time I fall asleep... then The Betrayed... they chase me... they scream... with Alad V's twisted abominations...

"Kin-Kinslayer-slayer....."

The faces of the Betrayed turn to me, extending a single arm to reach towards me. They stare at me with eyes darkened by betrayal, bodies rendered by a betrayed trust. Voices drowned by an all consuming sorrow.

"Why do-Why do you reject-reject our embrace-embrace...?"

As usual, I cannot speak... This nightmare sees to that... Despisement, who seems to have fallen victim to The Betrayed's wrath, lays between the horde of misshapen spectres. This has happened often in my mind. Despisement being dominated by The Betrayed, because she taunts and harasses them. In horror, I stare at The Betrayed as they begin their shambling, crawling, or even normal-paced approach.

"Do not-Do not resist-resist us..... We are your reckoning-reckoning.... we are... part of you-you...."

The sickening mob surrounds me, grabbing at me with degrading hands, tearing at my flesh, which seems to rapidly regenerate, it hurts almost as much as the lab... anything but this...... anything..... please..... Just let me fight back... let me have some honour if this is going to happen.... They render my cursed hide just as I did theirs..... as Rage screams into my head, spitting and cursing at all that lives... swearing to kill all that stands in our way...

"I WILL-I WILL KILL THEM ALL!!!! I WILL TEAR-TEAR THEM TO SHREDS-TO SHREDS!!! I'LL TEAR THEIR ARMS OFF-THEIR ARMS OFF, AND BEAT THEM WITH THEM-WITH THEM!!! I'll MAKE THEM-MAKE THEM BEG FOR MERCY-MERCY, AND DESTROY ALL THEY HOLD-ALL THEY HOLD DEAR-DEAR!!!"

Screaming and frantically waving my arms as if to strike at something grabbing me, I awake, not having gotten much rest. The image of that infested freak, Alad V fresh in my mind, the cause of all of this... suffering... pain... sorrow....... fear... I see Triss rushing to my bed, seeming extremely worried, a bit more than usual. Her hair is ruffled, she has bags under her eyes, she looks as if she herself has lost sleep.

"Are you alright? You've been talking in your sleep for hours, I thought if I disturbed you,  you would freak out, so I let you be. I'm so sorry, I should've tried to wake you up, you look terrified..."

Triss hugs me tightly, in my shaken state, I hug her back. Trying to clear the image of The Betrayed, I close my eyes and breathe deeply. Opening my eyes again, I look around the dark room, everyone must be asleep, all but Triss, at least.

"Karn came to check on you again before heading off on a reconnaissance, just mapping out a chunk of unexplored Earth with Sylus." Triss pauses. "He's awfully worried about you. I can tell, he just doesn't want to worry me any more than I already am, but it just worries me more."

I remain silent, still recovering from my nightmare, but in sympathy, I tighten my grip a bit more, to show that I'm listening. Triss pats and rubs my back softly, humming a tune that always seems to calm me down, a lullaby, almost. As worriless as she may seem, I can tell worry is eating at her, stabbing her in the gut, twisting the blade...

"How is Jyce?" I look up from Triss' shoulder. "Is she still angry at Karn? And vice versa?"

Triss shakes her head, her messy, brown hair waving a bit, and chuckles.

"No, she seems to have calmed down, though she and Sulvus seemed to have finally got together. Like, Sulvus finally admitted his feelings to her, or Jyce just pressed hers into him again, and it went successfully this time."

I widen my eyes in surprise, honestly, I'm surprised that Sulvus actually grown to like her. I didn't even know, hard to see from under that thick layer of cold judgement and, well, coldness. My mood drops again when I remember the small scale of the room, I feel compressed in here.

"Triss... can I go somewhere... with more space? It would help me wind down a bit."

Triss seems to think her decision  over quite a bit, and after about a minute, she nods.

"Fine, but don't do anything that seems questionable in your state right now. Even if your wounds don't seem limiting."

Smiling, I squeeze Triss a bit tighter. I would do anything to be back in that zen garden, with the trickling stream, and just how fresh it feels. After assuring Triss that all I was going to do was sit and wind down a bit, I exit the room and head to the zen garden.

I sit against the wall I normally sit against and let off a relived sigh, soothed by the trickling of the small stream that goes diagonally across the room. The ground is covered with red leaves, from the many synthetic trees scattered around the room. I feel truly blissed.

You know that you will be no longer welcome here at some point, right? You'll finally see that these, Tenno, no longer mean anything to you anymore, and that you don't mean anything to them either. You might as well accept it, might as well just kill them now.

"No... Shut up... Just shut. Up." They're nothing. We're strong, we are the alpha, don't let those weaklings control you. "They're not weak... I won't... kill them... Shut. Up." You just love to cling to your past with tooth and claw, don't you? You aren't what you used to be, you're not the Valkyrie, she's looong gone. You're something better, something more than a Tenno, you're not a Zanuka either, you're better than that, you won't let yourself be controlled. You're both. Alad V doesn't deserve having you on his side, nor do the Tenno, nor the Grineer, they all deserve death.

"Sylvia? You doin' alright?" Shocked, I switch back to the real world, and see a rather concerned Jyce.

"I-I'm fine, I thought you would've been with Sulvus, judging that he finally accepted you." Jyce raises an eyebrow.

"Ooh, so Triss told you, huh? I just decided to wander by myself, I find it better to find my way alone, more fun that way." Jyce's expression tells me that she isn't fooled by my lie, she knows that something is wrong, she's known me long enough to know. Though it seems that she thinks it's best not to know, because she doesn't ask more on the subject.

"Sulvus was tellin' me that you and Karn are coupled up now, since Kyran went off on a wild goose chase." I nod, but the Archmind is no myth, and I decide to tell her that.

"The Archmind is real, I saw it at work myself."

Jyce scoffs. "You sure? Coulda' just been a regular ol' sentry."

I shake my head. "Does a normal neural sentry have the ability to change the shape of the forma that makes up most Orokin structures?" This stops Jyce abruptly, her eyes widen, but she doesn't look fully convinced.

"Well, whatever, how's that big hunk of muscle, anyway? And how's he treatin' you?"

I chuckle, guess he is a 'Big hunk of muscle.' "He's alright, but he's worried about me, I can tell, I don't blame him. I'm really unraveling. But he's treating me fine."

Jyce grins. "Good. If he wasn't, I would'a had to give him a good punch in the jaw. Sulvus is nice enough to me. He's still trying to keep up his whole 'Icy-not-so-nicey' act, but he's faltering a lot."

I grin, Sulvus, despite how he feels, always hides his emotions under that icy gaze of his, unless he's angry, the room feels as if winter is approaching when he's in his Warframe, otherwise, he's just as intimidating. Honestly, after all of his years of training and self-discipline, normally involving weeks, if not months of seclusion, becoming pretty antisocial, I'm surprised someone finds him desirable, let alone Jyce finding him desirable.

Sulvus

I sit, waiting for Kyla, who is almost always late, in the training complex section of the Dojo.

This is a ludicrous waste of my skills. Why should I, one of the most skilled Tenno warriors in this clan, have to train this whelp, while I could be training some Tenno with actual talent? Was it something I have done? Or is it that The Lotus thinks that no one else is capable of getting the required knowledge through that oblivious girl's head?

"I'm sorry I'm late, mentor." I look behind me to see the not-even-novice Kyla, with all of her gear.

"If you are going to be late this often, I wouldn't even call it 'late' anymore." I exhale and mumble: "Apprentices have no idea how privileged they are these days." I stand and turn to face her. "Well, maybe we can see if you have actually practiced this time. If it's done you any good, anyway."

Karn has been telling me I'm too harsh on the whelp, but I have been training her exactly as my mentor has trained me, and him, his. Today's generations of Tenno are too soft. If they were to turn on the Primes, even with their numbers, hundreds, if not thousands would fall before they were to slay us. I'm the last Tenno to train apprentices traditionally, and no one's opinion will change this fact.

"I've practiced from dawn to noon, mentor, just as you said. I think I've improved."

"Think? Or know? If you are unsure, it is far from likely. The sooner that gets into your easily distracted head, the better. Now, stand in the center, and we will truly see if you have improved."

Kyla stands in the center of the room, and I stride towards the control panel for the Combat Scenario Simulation System. There are many scenarios to choose from, so far, Kyla hasn't completed a single one of them. I select the only one Kyla has made notable progress on, which was fending off grineer marines away from a cryopod.

As the holographic clones appear, I observe Kyla's posture. She seems confident, but unsure. The holograms begin to approach the pod, Kyla fends them off... well, surprisingly well. But not perfect. Eventually, she is struck in the back by a Scorpion's machete, and falls over. This ends the simulation. As usual, her performance is unsatisfactory, but she has shown some improvement.

"Well, you have certainly improved. But you are still oblivious to your surroundings. That is where you have to improve to come close to impressing me."

"Mhm." Is Kyla's only reply. She appears to have dazed off again, as usual.

"Are you listening!?" I bark, in an attempt to regain her attention. It seems that since Kyla's last mission on Earth, she has become increasingly distracted.

"Uh, sorry mentor." Her posture straightens and she begins to pay attention.

"As I was saying, you need to improve your awareness on the field. And not just sight, but hearing as well."

"Mentor, is it true that some Tenno could feel vibrations in the ground, and determine how far something is from them?"

Amused by her question, I laugh. It is possible to feel vibrations of one's footsteps, but it is impossible to accurately determine how far something is based off of said vibrations.

"It is impossible to accurately determine how far away something is just by feeling the ground shaking beneath its footsteps. Don't believe in every story you are told."

Kyla's training continues on as it usually does, her striking at more holograms, me breaking any defensive stance she uses to parry my attacks, and her barely pulling off any form of acrobatics. Kyla was not born for the life of a warrior, she was meant to stay a citizen of one of the relays. The Lotus feels too much pity for the Tenno.

Karn

"Hey Karn, you there?" I feel a pair of Sylus' knuckles lightly knocking on my helmet.

"Earth to La-La land, you read?" I sit up and look at Sylus, who seems anything but amused.

"Finally, you gotta stop zoning out like that, I thought something got you, you weren't responding to me through radio." As I get up, he lightly pushes my shoulder.

"Sorry, I think it was my helmet, I didn't hear you at all." Sylus scoffs disbelievingly.

"It's fine, I know you're worried 'bout Sylvia, but you gotta get your mind off of her. Don't get me wrong, I know how serious this is, but don't let this all get to you."

We continue to venture the unknown areas of Earth, not even the Grineer set up shop here, probably all of this overgrowth. But the Lotus wants to be sure there isn't any Grineer here, and I can respect that.

"Y'know, this place has waaay too much overgrowth to be of any use to the clones, unless at some point they degrade so much that their lungs start to take some hits."

"We don't have far to go until we reach extraction, we've been to the spots needed to be seen."

Triss

Sitting on the rim of the fountain in the center of the grand hall, I sigh, having nothing to do. It's been a rather uneventful day, not just for me, but for everyone else too, Taryin seems disappointed that he wasn't part of the reconnaissance group. Silvee seems to be spending her time sleeping, and that's uncommon of her, Sulivys, as usual, is right by her side. Sylvia and Jyce are chatting, as they usual did before we all went into cryosleep. It's good that Sylvia is talking to more people than just Karn.

Suddenly, the entrance opens, and two strangers slowly enter, they seem gravely wounded, one much more than the other, one is using a Nova-class Warframe, she is leaning against the other for support, who is using a Mesa-class Warframe.

Sulvus, who seems both surprised and annoyed, approaches them at a brisk pace. I quickly try to beat him to them, they need help, I'm not going to let Sulvus boot them out.

"How did you find this place!? Only members kno-"

"Sulvus!" After pushing Sulvus aside, I approach the two Tenno. "I'm sorry about him, come on, I'll patch you guys up."

"Not so fast, Triss, I want ask you a coup-" After throwing Sulvus a death-glare, I usher them to the med bay, and tend to their wounds.

I look the Nova user. "So, how did you guys find this place, only people who have been to this place before know it's location."

She flinches, pauses for a moment, and looks down at her feet.

"You're asking the wrong girl, Talea doesn't talk much. But if you want to know, some badass dude with wings saved our-"

Sylvia, who is within earshot, interrupts the Mesa user.

"Where was he!? Is he still alive!?"

If it really was Kyran, if he's still alive, Sylvia will stop at nothing, and won't let anything stop her from finding him.

"Phobos, uh, not sure which sector, but he was alive and well, not sure why you would need to know."

Sylvia turns around and walks to the exit at a brisk pace, having already patched the two strangers up well enough for them to survive, I pursue her.

"Sylvia, you're still woun-"

"To hell with my wounds! I don't care! I have to find him!"

I try to stop her, but Sylvia easily shakes me off, enters her Liset, and flies off.

I return to the med bay, the two are holding up just fine. I resume stitching up any gashes and picking out any bullets still dug into their bodies.

The Mesa user speaks up. "Name's Tysa, by the way. Talea and I saw this alert, and decided that some extra credits wouldn't hurt, but those marines' bullets sure did."

"My name's Triss, I'm one of the only ones here who mainly practices medicine. The guy who so rudely greeted you was Sulvus, he's the leader of the clan. He's not a bad person, he just doesn't mix well with random strangers."

Grinning, Tysa nods. "Pleased to meet ya, thanks for patching us up. So, you know that winged dude?"

I nod. "Yea, his name is Kyran, Sylvia and him were lovers, until he set off to find the Archmind, and Sylvia let it go. Doesn't change the fact Sylvia is eager to see him again, they fought side by side in the Old War."

Tysa looks surprised. "Really? Kyran seemed like it, but Sylvia's frame looks pretty new to me."

I sigh. "She was very different before... before the Corpus got her. She used to have wings, a gold trim, just like Kyran. Though, I'm sure if Sylvia wants you to know, she'll tell you herself."

Tysa nods understandingly. "Alright, I don't think I want to know."

" You two should get some rest, you took a lot of hits."

Talea nods, clearly desiring a rest, Tysa, however, seems far from tired.

"Eeeh, I feel like wandering, I dunno about you Talea."

She begins to stand but I quickly stop her.

"Wasn't a question. Doctor's orders."

Tysa shrugs, lays down, and sighs. "Alrighty then, I'll get some rest, then I'll wander."

Yes, hooray for paragraphs! I find this a lot easier to read, thanks for doing this. Will we see a new chapter soon?

Haven't started at the moment, was doing real life stuff, but expect another chapter in a week or two, also, I created a topic dedicated to housing comments and suggestions, just to be tidy and all. I'm really glad people like this! ^_^

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/423097-broken-valkyrie-discussion/

Victims of War

Talea

Yawning, I open my eyes to see two figures arguing, my mind is too groggy to tell. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and I recognize the two people, Triss, and the leader, Sulvus. Sulvus storms off, and Triss sighs in exasperation. Looking for Tysa, I look over my shoulder to see her bed is empty.

"Tysa got up a while ago, not sure where she is. You're all healed up, so you can go find her if you want."

I only nod my head, as I usually do. After slowly rising to stand, I drowsily shuffle out of the room. Before the door opens, I stop and look to see if I have any clothes on, to see that I'm dressed in casual attire. I shrug, and walk through the door into the main room. What I see amazes me. I have never seen a room so big and elaborate anywhere I've been to before. Large pillars line up along the center of the room, there is a fountain near the center of the room, at which a large bell is placed upon an elevated platform.

Wandering the room in search of Tysa, I figure out she isn't in this one, so I pick a door at random walk through.

Where is she?

After a while of aimless wandering, I finally find Tysa, talking with an energetic-looking Zephyr user, moving her arms every couple of seconds and switching from standing on her toes to her heels. She has light brown hair that goes to the top of her neck, forest green eyes, and as far as I can tell, a couple of freckles on her cheek.

She's... so pretty... kinda makes me wanna hug her...

Tysa

"So, where are you from?"

Asks the always-moving Zephyr user, whose name is Silvee.

"From the Orcus relay, same as my friend, Talea." I idly look to the side, and to my surprise, see Talea, standing not too far from us, in her normal, timid, unsure posture.

"Well, speak of the devil, here she is. C'mere!" I gesture to Talea to come closer. I know she isn't going to talk, but might as well try, right? Talea hesitantly and timidly approaches us.

"Hey Talea! My name's Silvee!" Silvee quickly steps closer to Talea to shake her hand, which shocks her, causing her to let off her strange little "Eeep!" noise.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to frighten you."

"It's not you, she's just jumpy."

I look to Talea, and see that she seems mesmerized, and her face is in a light shade of pink. It's been a while since she's had a crush on anyone. Mainly because her trust has been betrayed by guys too many times for her to trust many people at all, rather than me. Poor girl.

"Talea, you there?" I wave a hand across her field of view, and she snaps out of her fantasizing. She smiles and holds her elbow, as she usually does.

"So, what's Sylvia's story? Triss was tellin' me that she was like that winged dude Kyran." Silvee pauses at this question, and after a couple of seconds, she sighs.

"Sylvia will tell you if she wants you to know. It's really not my place to tell."

I expected she would say that, but it was worth a try. I look over at Talea, she's zoned out again, staring into nothingness. She bounces back from her La-La land and she turns to leave. Yep, she definitely has a crush on Silvee. Silvee looks to me concerned.

"Was it me? Did I make her uncomfortable?" Silvee seems unaware of Talea's opinion of her.

"Oh, no, she was quite comfortable, she just acts a little weird sometimes." I try not be obvious about it, but I hint towards it.

"Oh, okay. Why is she so quiet?" Silvee tilts her head in curiosity.

Talea used to be like Silvee, outgoing, eager to meet people, but she was way too naive.

"I'm just going to say, one too many guys took advantage of her overly naive nature. The only person she feels she can trust without bringing any more emotional harm to herself is me."

Silvee makes an empathetic expression. "Aww. Poor thing. I hope the others don't push her around too much. Sylus tends to do that to the noobies."

"Sylus?"

"He's not here right now, he'll probably be back soon. He uses an Excalibur Warframe, he's one of the more informal guys. Normally tries to come up first at everything, and tends to tease a lot."

After a bit, I realize I don't have anything to say. "It was nice talking with you, Silvee, see ya later."

"Nice talking to you, too. See ya!" I leave the room and look for Talea, she obviously realized I knew about her feelings towards Silvee, because I can't find her anywhere.

Talea

Silvee is so pretty... her hair, her eyes, her smile. I doubt she likes girls though. Why would she? Even if she did, why would she like me? I haven't even said anything to her. Why would someone who enjoys talking to people like someone who is afraid of talking even to her only friend?

"She already has a boyfriend, Talea, don't get any ideas." I look up to see Tysa looking down at me.

Sighing, I look back at my feet.

She likes guys. Well, it's not going to make me stop liking her. I hope she doesn't think I'm weird.

"It's alright, I'm sure you'll find someone." Tysa ruffles my hair. "You might think you seem weird, but I can tell Silvee thinks you're cute. Just the way she looks at you."

My face warms up, and Tysa chuckles.

She thinks I'm cute...

Triss

Looking out the window of my Liset, I sit, waiting to arrive at Phobos.

"Operator: Triss, Operator: Sylvia is no longer in Phobos. Her vital signs are being reported by sensors from Earth, would you like me to change course?"

"Yes."

"Setting course to Earth."

Seems that Kyran went off to Earth, Sulivys offered to help me find her, why he did, don't really know, he'll be helpful though, with his Warframe.

"We have arrived at Earth, operators, good luck finding Operator: Sylvia."

Sylvia

I found him. I can't believe he's still alive. He seems to be training this child who he thinks can hold the Archmind. I hope he's right, if it falls in the wrong hands. The Corpus' hands...

"I'm glad to see you again. Sylvia. It's been... too long."

"Yea, it has. I'm glad to see you too." I already told Kyran what happened to me. He pities me greatly, I can tell.

At the sound of a Liset's thrusters, I look up to see Triss' custom Liset, which has a base colour of white, and bands of red running across the hull. Triss drops out through the bottom, followed by Sulivys.

Why is Sulivys here?

"Kyran... I'm glad to see you again."

"And I, you." Triss hugs Kyran, in which he returns it.

I am not completely focused on Triss' surprise arrival, I am at full alert.

I swear I heard something. Really? What if our head is just messing with you? What if everything that's going right now isn't even happening? Shut up. Shut up shut up shut up shut up.

"We should get moving... I think I heard movement."

"Let's go then, follow me." Triss gestures to us to follow.

We enter a large clearing, filled with seemingly abandoned Grineer structures. I hear the voices of Grineer, this time, I'm not the only one.

"Grineer. It's an ambush. Xylan, hide and don't show yourself until I call you."

The child nods and runs off to hide, I almost forgot the kid was here, he is very quiet.

Kyran

I draw Gungnir from my back and skillfully twirl it around in my hands, finally, the time has come for my spear to taste an enemy's blood.

All around us, I can hear rallying cries coming from the hideous clones, charging from all directions, Triss, Sulivys, Sylvia, and I autonomously spring into action. I take flight, flying near the ground to strike at any enemy close enough. Triss stays back, opening fire with her Latron, as well as trying to support us when she can. Sulivys fades off into the rift, snatching any noteworthy enemy in with him.

What Sylvia has become almost stops me in shock. She charges into the hoard, with no sense of survival, tearing apart anything that she sees as a threat. While in my shocked state, a heavy gunner catches me off my guard, quickly breaks through my shield, and gets many good hits on me, including my wings, sending me crashing downward.

I quickly get up, and continue fighting, my bones may be ancient, but they can still fight.

I look up to see Sulivys, to his dismay, return to the normal world in the middle of the ambush, and is automatically overwhelmed, he tries to fight back with his nikana, but he is felled by a grineer scorpion, taking a machete to the back.

I look to see Triss with no shields, and heavily wounded. She prepares to use her blessing, but it's too late, moments before, a grineer ballista had already lined up their shot, and fired.

Sylvia

"TRIIIIIIISS!!!" I feel an uncontrollable rage explode inside me.

THEY KILLED HER!!! THEY KILLED TRISS!!! WE WILL TEAR THEM ALL TO PIECES!!!

I scream in fury and charge towards Triss' murderer.

"THE LAST THING YOU WILL SEE IN YOUR PATHETIC LIFE WILL BE YOUR ENTRAILS HANGING FROM YOUR MOUTH!!!" And I fulfill that rage-driven promise, tearing apart whatever is left of that honourless worm's stomach, and cherish it's screams.

I let off a Warcry and tear apart every marine I see, by the time I'm finished, my Warframe's red and white colour scheme cannot be seen past the crimson of the clones' blood.

I rush to Triss, but she is already dead. Having already been shot in the heart.

"Triss..... this... this can't be happening... Triss..... please... we need you...." I take off her helmet, put my hand over her eyes, and close them. I look to Kyran, doing the same with Sulivys.

I begin to sob uncontrollably, at the loss of one of my closest friends, the one who kept us all together.

It's all your fault, you saw that sniper before it even saw Triss, you could've killed it but you didn't. She is dead because of your ignorance.

At this point, I don't pay the voices any heed, I don't care.

"We have to leave, they will send reinforcements." In response, I silently pick up Triss' body and Kyran picks up Sulivys'.

"I won't go without giving Triss a proper funeral. The way she would've wanted it. I saw a place they won't bother look at."

Kyran only nods. "I will let you mourn. I will be back at dawn."

Kyran

"Xylan, it is safe now, you can come out." I hear some rustling in some bushes ahead, and I see the child poke his head out, and then step out.

"Come with me. We are going home."

"Back to Phobos?"

"No. Your new home, the Dojo from which I came."

Xylan asks no questions about why Sylvia is staying. We silently board the Liset and set off to the Dojo.

When we arrive at the Dojo, we are automatically greeted by a very worried Silvee. When she sees the dead Tenno in my hands, of which I do not know his name, her face turns pale.

"Sulivys! Kyran, i-is he-"

"He is dead. I am sorry."

Tears form in Silvee's eyes, and her voice begins to crack up.

"W-Where the others? Triss and Sylvia?"

"Triss...... is no longer with us. Sylvia stayed behind to mourn and give her a deserved funeral."

At these words, Silvee bursts out crying. She runs to hug the closest person whose arms were unoccupied, who was Karn.

"Silvee, what's-"

"Triss and Sulivys are dead! *Sob* Dead!"

Karn looks up from Silvee to me, and looks surprised, and very worried. Sylvia already told me she moved on, and that she and Karn are lovers.

"What of Sylvia? Where is she?"

"Mourning. Preparing Triss' funeral, on Earth."

Sylvia

Both an all consuming fury and a soul torturing sorrow weigh upon my soul. I remember how she wanted her funeral a long time ago.

"If I die, I want a funeral like those guys from really Old Earth, like wooden boats, hearths, horned helmets. Those guys."

"You mean vikings, whose mythology our Warframes were based off of?"

"Yea. Except instead of burning in a boat, more like plant stuff. Flowers, leaves, etcetera. If I die, you promise that's how my funeral will be?"

"I promise."

Many more tears come streaming from my eyes. I'm not going to leave that promise unfulfilled, even if she never remembered.

It's all your fault. You saw that sniper, you know you did. And because of your ignorance, she is dead. You failed her.

"Shut up. Shut up shut up SHUT UP!!"

They continue to berate me with their accusations, as I prepare Triss' funeral.

You're a living curse. The longer you stay, the more miserable your friends will be. Just rid yourself of them. You don't deserve them.

I pick up a stone and empty bullet case, and strike them together to create a spark. This takes multiple attempts to achieve, but eventually I set the vegetation ablaze.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't stop it. You shouldn't have died...." The smoke darkens once the fire reaches the Technocyte coating of her Warframe. My weeping intensifies, I still can't get past the fact that Triss is dead.

"I failed you..... I'm sorry....." I continue to weep. I sit beside her burning corpse, and after a long while after she has become ashes, I cry myself to sleep.

Proudly Peculiar

Kyran

"Operator: Kyran, we are nearing Operator: Sylvia's position, but she doesn't want Ordis to land."

I hear Sylvia's voice through the comms device.

"Ordis..... if you so much as disturb a SINGLE ASH, I WILL TEAR YOU APART, CIRCUIT, BY DAMN CIRCUIT, YOU HEAR ME!?"

"Ordis understands."

"Land me a bit further away, Sylvia does not bluff. And we don't need an absent Cephalon."

I left Xylan at the dojo, under the care of Karn, I also told Karn to tell the rest of our losses. We land not too far away from Sylvia's mourning place. After a couple of minutes, I arrive to see Sylvia curled up into a ball, weeping.

"Sylvia. It's time to go. We mustn't waste too much time, Ordis is picking up more Grineer signals."

"Do you.... do you even care? Has the Archmind gotten to you? Or are you past mourning?"

My expression hardens, and I feel offended. "Don't claim that I don't care about Triss' death, Sylvia, you know I mourn for her inside." I say sternly

"Let's just.... let's just go... I don't want to come here again.... not while these disgusting, degenerate apes still roam it's surface." Sylvia stands up, turns to Triss' ashes, and mumbles something, I cannot hear her.

We approach the extraction zone, and are taken back to the Dojo.

Sylvia

When we arrive at the Dojo, I take off my helmet and immediately start looking for Karn, he's the only person I want to see right now, Silvee is most likely mourning as well, and it never helps to see her cry. Sylus will probably be punching a wall, Jyce will be unleashing her anger on some holograms, Sulvus will meditate, and be incredibly hostile towards any interruptions, but Karn will probably be contemplating on all the good times we've all had with Triss, and really, that's what I need right now, Karn's optimism.

I see Karn sitting at the rim of the fountain and I approach him, and hug him tightly. After a second, I feel Karn hug me back, I rest my head on his shoulder.

I speak into Karn's shoulder. "I can't believe she's dead....."

Karn gently pats my back as I begin to weep.

In an attempt to lighten my mood, Karn speaks. "You remember the time you and Triss decided to make Sulvus' Warframe a little more festive?"

"I remember that, Triss was reluctant the whole time, worried Sulvus would catch us." It was her first and only prank.

"I remember how angry he was when he saw it. How he automatically blamed Sylus."

"WHO DID THIS TO MY PROPERTY!? SYLUS!!! YOU WILL BE A GLACIER WHEN I'M FINISHED WITH YOU!!!"

"When Jyce suggested it was Silvee, her eyes nearly bulged out of her head." I chuckle, despite hating to see Silvee scared, when I look back at that moment, she's pretty funny when she is.

Not too far away, I can hear Sylus yelling in anger, and the sound of his fists, probably bleeding by now, hitting the wall.

"He's never acted so angry at the loss of anyone else, why's that?" Karn asks. The only other people who knew of Sylus' relationship with Triss was me and Sulvus, both of us agreed to keep it secret.

"Don't know."

"There's a Tenno operative requesting assistance over at Mercury, according to Ordis. You even with the Grineer yet?"

"Of course not." I look at Karn with eyes full of content.

"Neither am I. Let's go."

We arrive at a Grineer galleon orbiting Mercury, we're supposed to be a distraction, so a lone Tenno operative can steal some things from the Grineer.

"We just set off the alarm and tear them apart?"

"Yea."

"Good. I like my rampages simple."

Karn sets off the alarm and Grineer begin to pour out of each door, and we spring into action. I leap onto Karn's shoulders, and launch myself at a terrified Grineer seeker. When I land on it, I begin tearing it apart, and finish it off by tearing its head off. I look up and see a grineer butcher charging at me, most likely by command, not by will. From the top of my head, I decide to hurl the unfortunate seeker's head at the butcher, it hits him square in the face, it recoils, allowing me dig my claws into its chest to tear out its half-mechanized heart. When I was the Valkyrie, I would have been disgusted by myself, but now, it's normal, like decapitating someone, or slicing their arm or leg clean off their body.

Karn begins to mow down the marines with his Gorgon, matching his rock-like colour scheme. We hold out for a while in a very large room.

"Sylvia! I'm down!"

WHAT!? NO! I WILL NOT LOSE ANYONE ELSE!!!

"I coming! Don't worry!"

When I arrive at Karn's position, I blindly dash to Karn, desperate to save him, right into the four barrels of a Hek shotgun, which fires three of four rounds into my stomach, which sends me flying backward.

The marine smirks and aims the shotgun at my head.

Is this it? Really? REALLY!? YOU'RE GOING TO BE KILLED BY A PETTY CLONE?! AFTER HAVING KILLED THOUSANDS OF WORTHY OPPONENTS!? THIS IS HOW YOU DIE!?

I draw the Marelock on my thigh and quickly pull the trigger, and a bullet goes straight through the marine's skull. Despite it being dead, it doesn't change the fact that I'm bleeding out.

Suddenly, out of the blue, a Frost-user appears and uses it's snow globe, he revives the both of us.

"Who are you?" Karn asks, all of us being relatively safe, he finds it appropriate to question our savior.

The Tenno begins to answer, but notices a couple of marines have made it inside the snow globe and started firing.

"Just a moment." He turns around. "IF A SINGLE ONE OF YOU SHOOT AT ME WHEN I'M TALKING, I WILL SEND YOUR HEADS TO EARTH AND BACK!!"

The marines only look at each other and scoff, and shoot anyway.

The Tenno charges at the marines, and instead of using his Galatine like any other Tenno, he only spins around slicing anything that gets in the way. We join in on the violence, me tearing apart anything I see while at the same time avoiding the spinning longsword, and Karn, firing upon any grineer soldier outside of the Tenno's reach.

After the long battle, the wild Frost-user sheaths his blade and looks to us.

"As I was saying. Name's Kino, yours?"

"My name is Karn, this is Sylvia. Pleased to meet you, and thanks for the help."

"No problem." Kino eyes the clan emblem on our shoulders. "So, you two are in a clan?"

I nod. "Yea, we got room, if you want to join."

"Great! Would love to, sounds fun."

We head to extraction, as we walk, I hear Kino talking to himself.

"Yea yea, I know that was quick, I'm a little disappointed too, but hey, we got some blood our hands, maybe a little guts on our frame." Kino inspects his Warframe. "Yup, got some guts. I'm satisfied."

Is this what I'm turning into? Am I going to start openly talking to you, arguing, even? Even.... agreeing with you...? Well, Kino is just like us, he knows that we aren't that bad, that we aren't here for bad things, we're here to help! Don't you see that, Syl? We can help you get through all this stuff! Just, get rid of your friends, then we'll talk. N-No! I will NOT kill them! Just SHUT UP!!

"Sylvia?" I feel Karn tapping my shoulder. "You alright?"

"Y-Yea... I'm fine."

"You hear 'em too, eh?" I look over at Kino, was I mumbling to myself again? "What?"

"Voices, you hear 'em too it seems. Goin' against 'em isn't going to help, I learned that. Just go with 'em."

"And what if they wanted me to kill everyone I hold dear? Should I listen to them then?" I ask doubtfully.

"Then you must've seen a lot of death."

"Trust me, these weary eyes have seen more than their fair share of violence." I lean against Karn, and sigh.

Talea

I wander the Dojo alone, I normally prefer being alone, I can spend more time thinking.

Poor Silvee, losing two of her friends. Even though I never really knew Triss, she was really nice to us, I'm sad that she died....

My train of thought is interrupted by the sound of weeping. I look to the source, and see Silvee sitting against one of the many pillars, with her knees tucked up against her chest.

Should I.....? I feel bad.... I would feel worse if I didn't try to comfort her... but then again... will I even say anything?

I approach Silvee timidly, and sit beside her.

"I..... I-I'm sorry for loss....." I think it's bad that I nearly forgot the sound of my own voice, but Silvee hears me, and looks at me with a slightly surprised expression.

"Oh..... *Sniffle* Talea... *Sniffle* Did I bother you....? Sorry..."

"Uh.... It's fine..... I wasn't doing anything..."

"Oh... *Sniffle* Okay..." Silvee looks down at her feet, while more tears flow from her eyes. After a few seconds of silence, she begins to weep and sob again.

"Uh.... D-Don't cry....?" I'm horrible in situations like this. Sometimes I make it worse by talking, so instead, I decide to hug her. When I do, Silvee stops, as far as I can tell, she's surprised, because she tenses up for a second, but she loosens up. I feel myself blushing when she hugs me back.

"Where's Tysa?" Asks Silvee, and looks at me, I guess she notices I'm blushing. "Oh, are you... blushing?"

"U-Uuuuh.... n-no..." I only blush more when Silvee asks, and Silvee is not convinced by my lie.

She giggles, and squeezes me a bit tighter. "You're so adorable."

Adorable? My face is so warm right now.....

"Ad-dorable..?"

"Yea,  especially when you made that little 'Eep' noise. You're such a cutie."

I notice I've really loosened up, and that I feel very comfortable in this scenario, as if I could just fall asleep in Silvee's arms.

"You're uhh... very cuddly...." I say in a progressively quiet voice.

"Thanks, you are too." Silvee seems very comfortable as well, it seems Tysa was right, she does think I'm cute.

"D-Do you.... only like guys....?" Silvee giggles in response.

"I like both, I'm bi."

Yes! Does this mean she likes me too?

"Though, I haven't dated a girl yet, or even kissed one, though I want to."

"I-I'm a girl......." I say quietly and hopefully.

Silvee giggles in response. "You're such a cutie." And kisses me on the forehead. My face has never felt so warm, not even when I first kissed.

My face must be so pink right now, even maybe a bright red...

Nuzzling against Silvee's side, I let off a sigh of relief.

My eyes become heavy, and I yawn.

"Getting sleepy?" In response, I only nod my head, as my eyes are closed. Soon after, I fall asleep.

Jyce

Incinerating the last hologram in the hundredth simulation I've unleashed my fury on, I walk back to the panel, breathing heavily. Almost stepping into Sulvus.

"Jyce... I think it's time you got some sleep." Sulvus seems concerned, but I still have some anger to let loose.

"I ain't done." I attempt to walk past him but Sulvus extends his arm to stop me.

"Jyce. You've been doing this all day, you need to give your body a break. Even Sylus has stopped punching inanimate objects. This isn't healthy. It's nearly midnight. Come on, let's get some sleep."

Sulvus brings me in front of him to hug me. He may always seem cold to the touch, but I find it comforting, not sure why. Hugging him back, I drop my Tonbo and begin to sob, something I haven't done in a long, long time.

Sulvus pats my back softly, and recites a poem both of us know, along with Sylvia and Kyran, the Hymn of the Reject.

Attend those who survived the fall

And danced within the dark-lit hall

We'll tell you, then we'll show you all

The Void is softly calling

The flesh is slow, the soul is fast

Old matter's done, its time long past

So furl your sails and snap your mast

What's blacker than night, and brighter than day

That burns both hope and fear away

That blades might speak and words might flay

Theology and theory fail in full

When density's mad desire extends its pull

On wayward minds through seven layers of hull

For you to meet your journey's end

Be driven blindly round the bend

And rest embraced by loyal friends

Their claws lash out, their hides enshrine

We soldiers of the golden time

Thus fascinated by their shine

Through mouth that vents from fiery heart

Proclaim the wholeness of your parts

For life, the end - for you the start

"So... you still remember that....?" I have mixed feelings about the poem, I don't really know what it's supposed to mean.

"Indeed. Hard not to." Our mentor recited this poem many times, it was known widely in the Orokin's army, and was chanted by all the soldiers in the final battle against the Sentients.

"Let's just get some sleep..... I'm feeling tired..." I yawn, further proving my fatigue.

Author's note

The poem recited was originally written by AmbrosialFlan and can be found here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/415323-songs-and-poems-of-the-origin-system/?hl=poems

Thanks for reading!