Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cold Elemental Damage Mods For Pistols, Rifles And Shotguns Are Consuming 11 Mod Points Instead Of 9.

Cerenax

Well, they are not the same - all other elemental mods use Naramon polarity while frost ones stick to unwanted Vazarin. This (along with nasty native Vazarin polarity on some weapons) often forces to use additional Forma on weapon so it's possible to have flexible yet optimal polarities (I believe that problem is with Vazarin polarity being used only in two or three mods while +15% status is crap compared to frost/status mod).

Made a post about this last night that got ignored and pushed down under all the Synoid Gammacor whining:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/420781-single-elemental-cold-mods/

Yeah, this is an intentional change that might have been missed in the notes. All elemental mods should now be the same. 

Until all elemental mods have the same POLARITY, they will not be "the same". The Cold mods are now an utter pain to mod with because they do not match the polarity of the other mods and they cost the same amount. You could get by previously because the Cold mods cost 11 drain on a mismatched polarity slot, the same cost as any other element on an unpolarized slot, but now that is no longer a thing.

And then there's the issue of the Archwing elemental mods, which span three different polarities with no rhyme or reason for which ones cost 9 drain and which ones cost 11.

Edited by Inarticulate

Agreed.

Made a post about this last night that got ignored and pushed down under all the Synoid Gammacor whining:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/420781-single-elemental-cold-mods/

Until all elemental mods have the same POLARITY, they will not be "the same". The Cold mods are now an utter pain to mod with because they do not match the polarity of the other mods and they cost the same amount. You could get by previously because the Cold mods cost 11 drain on a mismatched polarity slot, the same cost as any other element on an unpolarized slot, but now that is no longer a thing.

And then there's the issue of the Archwing elemental mods, which span three different polarities with no rhyme or reason for which ones cost 9 drain and which ones cost 11.

Your original post summed it up and made a very good point IMO. It means that I now have to forma more than a few weapons to get the original damage back as I don't want to be forced to use dual stat mods if I'm going for pure damage elementals.

There has never been a logical reason for it be D polarity instead of dash like the other elements. But since DE is starting to act like vultures in the last couple of updates with changes that raise the probability of people spending $ on plat, I'm pretty sure they won't change anything. I think the F2P strategy is starting to hurt the game more than its benefiting it. It's like they are running out of money and are implementing absurd desperate changes to force people into using real money more than ever. This will limit a lot of builds that not even forma will be able to fix due to the damage table not being the same for each faction and being unable to polarize for that D slot since you would usually use it to also put a - mod on it. My soma build with shred for mid range maps is literally impossible now due to that D polarity. And I can't polarize for it, since I usually swap Y or D or - on it depending on faction.

Edited by nms64