Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seen This On Reddit

tinyranitar

I've seen someone rage about U16 on Reddit, and this I find pretty accurate. Please DE, listens

Well, what's up with that is that the game has been getting grindier and grindier, & DE has been nerfing all farm mechanics that can make the game a little easier.

Like if you think the latest AFK implementation where players don't gain energy was added to inhibit people who are actually AFK instead of an intentional nerf to farming then you don't understand warframe.

People in my clan are talking about some nerfs to Excaliburs Radial Javelin, that it's been reverted to line-of-sight or worse than line of sight. I haven't confirmed it but if it's true it sure doesn't surprise me. There are apparently a ton of stealth nerfs undocumented changes in U16.

Long story short, there just isn't much success that DE won't punish. Did you get your redirection mod levelled up? Here's Grineer with 100% accuracy at 300 yards with Grakata and bleed procs. Do your abilities work on bosses? Not anymore they don't. Did you manage to cut the amount of time it takes you to run dailies get syndicate rep to under an hour per day? We'll nerf some Warframes with no warning, create nullifiers, reduce the rep from missions by half and move the remaining xp to a pixel hunt on hugeass levels filled with the aforementioned 100% accuracy Grineer or Nullifiers, and nerf more abilities on top of that. Let's increase the cost of random keys by a factor of 15 while reducing their value to less than what you can get in a level 10 excavation mission, or increase the ammo consumption on a gun by a factor of 7.

Balance is supposed to be a scalpel, and honestly I wouldn't be too upset if DE could restrict themselves to using a large hammer. Unfortunately the current concept of balance at DE is a 16 ton weight dropped from low orbit.

All of this is totally ok with the devs because they don't have to suffer through it. I am as certain as I can be that no high ranking devs actually go through the trouble to hit rep cap and find all the medallions on a daily basis. How could they? Who has the time, in addition to working a full time job?

DE still refuses to realize that none of the players actually want to run macros and sit around with a thumb up our &#! for an hour a day to get rep. But it's the only way to do it in a reasonable timeframe. We don't want to sit afk for an hour with Banshee and greedy pull. We don't want to do that, but we have to. It's not the players fault that things are this way. We're just playing the game that the devs made.

The devs don't like it, and we don't either. But it gets harder and harder to get rewards, and the difficulty keeps scaling up, up, up, and it takes more and more time. There are so many missions and instances where it is nigh-impossible to play or win "legitimately". Tier 4 survival. Orokin Derelict Survival. Draco and other interception missions versus high level Grineer.

It would great, nay, FUN if it were possible to play these missions as an interactive game, with gunplay and a judicious use of abilities, and then receive a reasonable reward for your invested time. It isn't, and you don't. If you poke your head out on Draco it will be removed, and if you manage to kill 30 enemies they are replaced with 30 more in 5 seconds or less. So we resort to ridiculous, Rube-Goldbergesque synergy combos to cheese our way through. We're not really playing a game anymore, just theorycrafting and implementing ability algorithms. Then DE nerfs or removes those out of an apparent desire that we should be winning "legitimately" despite the fact that it's impossible, and it starts all over.

Every update the grind gets worse, more time gates get added, more obstacles and costs. And every update DE tries to resolve the causes by addressing the symptoms, and just makes things worse. 

months ago, and it's only gotten worse since. In the one aspect that Destiny is probably a better game than Warframe, Bungie actually learned and increased the drop rate of items in order to reduce grinding, promote gameplay, and make players happier. It worked.

Reducing rewards, nerfing every effective ability and strategy, and increasing the grind isn't going to reduce the need to farm and grind. It only increases it. A few streams ago the topic of rep and farming came up and DE Scott said "We want people to actually play the game." My immediate response was "That's funny, because that's exactly what I would say to you."

Wow, so much butthurt. Sounds like he didn't even read the patch notes if he isn't even aware of the Excal changes.

Also doesn't want to play the game longer than an hour per day or something? You can gain rep by doing anything and everything, it doesn't require draco farming, and never did.

Wow, so much butthurt. Sounds like he didn't even read the patch notes if he isn't even aware of the Excal changes.

Also doesn't want to play the game longer than an hour per day or something? You can gain rep by doing anything and everything, it doesn't require draco farming, and never did.

Somebody got works, you know?

And the patch notes DIDN'T INCLUDE the excal fix/nerf

Extremely disappointing with how DE is handling this. Major nerfs to weapons (synoid gammacor) that I formad 5x. Major nerf to radial javalin which makes excalibur so unusable. And you expect people to shell out 150 platinum for the excal proto skin? And what happened to player compensation for all these changes?

I was planning on dropping $60 easily for the prime access. Well....not anymore. These changes and who knows, there might be even more nerfs that wasn't "communicated." I have lost interest in this game like a light switch. There are so many other games I can look into. I used to have my eyes on this game most of the time. Now I feel like I'm better off not playing this game anymore. I don't handle BS very well. And that is all I've been seeing lately.

Go ahead and keep this game in "beta" while adding more mediocre weapons and frames as MASTERY FODDER (yes I'm talking to you Chroma, and Volt Prime, your abilities suck and not even close to good as Nova, Nyx, Loki, etc. Unfortunately excal is now crap too)

Am I ranting? yes. Will i keep ranting? No. after I close this window i'm out of here and thinking of the games I'll play in the upcoming days. Warframe isn't one of them

Edited by (PS4)Tardive

Extremely disappointing with how DE is handling this. Major nerfs to weapons (synoid gammacor) that I formad 5x. Major nerf to radial javalin which makes excalibur so unusable. And you expect people to shell out 150 platinum for the excal proto skin? And what happened to player compensation for all these changes?

I was planning on dropping $60 easily for the prime access. Well....not anymore. These changes and who knows, there might be even more nerfs that wasn't "communicated." I have lost interest in this game like a light switch. There are so many other games I can look into. I used to have my eyes on this game most of the time. Now I feel like I'm better off not playing this game anymore. I don't handle BS very well. And that is all I've been seeing lately.

Go ahead and keep this game in "beta" while adding more mediocre weapons and frames as MASTERY FODDER (yes I'm talking to you Chroma, and Volt Prime, your abilities suck and not even close to good as Nova, Nyx, Loki, etc. Unfortunately excal is now crap too)

Am I ranting? yes. Will i keep ranting? No. after I close this window i'm out of here and thinking of the games I'll play in the upcoming days. Warframe isn't one of them

Well said.

I don't feel like DE actually plays this game, and who can blame them? If you worked in a pizza shop you might get tired of pizza.

actually as somewho who works for a campus bistro, I can confirm that I have no grown tired of pizza.

Do I think the grind is bad? No. I think the warframe grind has gotten better, the fusion core isnt the same but its useable. The credit farm and prime part farm is.. terrible.

Do I think rep farming is bad? Nah. I hit my cap alot within the hour I play that i wish i had a higher cap

I dont think the synoid gammacor is trash now and everyone that complains about it really shouldn't because its not that bad. If anything I gotta put ammo mutation on it and not just hold the button down but I dont think its bad. It was.. far too good.

Do I think making excalibur LoS will fix anything? HA no. I think this was a bad move on DE's part. You just hurt his overall potential in any other mission. He was already meh and now its just more down the gutter. 

I know DE has stated they want to make grind easier but in the process, it kinda has become counter intuitive. They had good intentions but in trying to fix one problem, it just kinda created 3 more in its place.

I felt they should have just left excalibur be. Because any frame can replace excalibur, do you nerf them too? Its not like he was overpowered (more like underpowered) and just got help from other frames.

It sucks. Alot.

I was planning on dropping $60 easily for the prime access. Well....not anymore. These changes and who knows, there might be even more nerfs that wasn't "communicated." I have lost interest in this game like a light switch. There are so many other games I can look into.

I do, however, dislike this kind of attitude. The kind of "De you gotta work for my money if you want it". Like if you dont wanna give them your money then dont. Someone else will. You buy the things they offer because you enjoy what they have to offer and you want to further the development of the game (people gotta eat, machines gotta work). If you are dissatisfied, then its ok to not pay for something but you dont have to be mean about it.

Edited by Anatolius

I do, however, dislike this kind of attitude. The kind of "De you gotta work for my money if you want it". Like if you dont wanna give them your money then dont. Someone else will. You buy the things they offer because you enjoy what they have to offer and you want to further the development of the game (people gotta eat, machines gotta work). If you are dissatisfied, then its ok to not pay for something but you dont have to be mean about it.

>implying we don't have to work hard to earn the money to pay DE because they work hard.

If DE doesn't work hard I think they would lose a lot of money on People like us.

Don't know about you but I think DE is being pretty mean to me and the other gamers with these changes. You want me to sugarcoat my statement next time? Not in the real world. I gave my input and its up to them to listen or not

Edited by (PS4)Tardive

While I agree with most points, I have to confess that Ceres is actually a pretty fun place--sure, it won't shower you with credits and R5s and prime parts and rare materials but I play through Ceres Interception, MD and Survival with axe-alone Ember because Grineer is a fun faction to slaughter. Soloing Draco or just playing it with a friend can be a good exercise before going into more grindy stuff like the Void. 

A lot of 'fun' in Warframe comes from farming rewards like stronger mods and shiny stuff, this I cannot deny. However, I think this is ultimately a tiring path for both the developers and players and something both parties have to try to stay away from. 

I've played 1700 hours of BL2 and I still go back to it regularly, not because I have anything more to farm or any more bosses to kill or any more masochistic no-gear Krieg challenge I haven't finished, but simply because the gameplay is so satisfying. Same thing for Payday 2--I absolutely love the way shotguns feel in that game and can't get enough of Loco, Mosconi, Raven and Reinfeld. Weapon mods or masks or achievements never held that much value for me besides opening up more ways to handle shotguns; just heashotting Cloakers and Tasers with 000 Buckshot shells is sufficient reward to keep me coming back. In Warframe, just playing Ember has been a reward in and of itself for a long time--almost 800 hours, according to my profile. 

What I'm trying to say is that it'd be better for the game if both the devs and the players stopped viewing Warframe as a storage of shiny things to be emptied. DE puts up ridiculous and downright laughable attempts at stalling players from getting everything (YES THAT MEANS ARCHWING AND ARCHWING WEAPON PARTS) and I agree to some degree with the OP that this simply encourages players to find the most efficient and laziest ways of farming instead of playing. I've noticed this problem in particular during the introduction of melee 2.0 and the stance mods--why would you hide an entire gameplay mechanic behind an ungodly RNG wall? It's like a vicious cycle between players complaining of having nothing to do, and DE seemingly lacking confidence in their addictive game believing that, somehow, players will simply leave after collecting mods and weapons. Yes, collecting stuff is a huge part in this game, but it is still not the entire game.

I really think if DE'd loosen their grip on drop rates and grind just a little bit, it'd give much more breathing room for players to actually start playing the game. Frames, mods and weapons would be tools--means--rather than tiresome ends to farm and grind for, so that playing them, instead of having them, is a reward. 

I had to plus one the OP.  But, it doesn't really express my entire point of view on this subject.  In my opinion, both DE and a lot of players, possibly even the reddit poster, are screwing up here.  Both sides have forgotten that games are supposed to be fun, not @(*()$ vending machines.  Neither side gives a damn about game play, not theirs, and not anyone elses. 

Of course, Warframe is a product, a store even.  DE is a for profit business.  DE is out to make money.  But, that does not mean sacrificing game play and turning the game into just a vending machine.  There is a subtle distinction.

Players will complain when their farm gets trashed, but, until then, they will not come ot the forums and ask DE for variety in their farming, some game play they can enjoy while farming.  They'll gladly make zombie farmers of themselves.

A pox on both your houses.

Edited by ThePresident777

+1 man.

For myself, I dropped around 250$ on this game and can honestly say my wallet will be closed for the foreseeable future.