Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capture The Cephalon Missing Cephalon Bug

Nxai

Just ran a round of the new pvp, went perfectly fine the first round, map change second round starts, and immediately I blaze out the gate to try and run for their ceph, I make two air melee's with the bo to get across the map, grab the cephalon, jump into the whole in the floor to take the bottom route and get teleported back to my spawn point with no cephalon, and the cephalon did not appear at all the rest of that game. I don't know the exact source of what causes this teleportation but it definitely removes the cephalon if a player has it already

This has happened to me as well - I believe it's the game "restarting" because other people finally finished loading in. And yeah, the Ceph was lost (period - it simply didn't exist anymore) for me as well. We (all 8 of us) spent the next 30 mins to an hour killing the unholy Void out of eachother. Was actually pretty fun.

Then whoever was the host bailed, and everything reset - apart from our scoreboard kill counts. At the end of grabbing 5 Cephalons, the board said I had 50 Kills. Didn't get any of the Affinity/XP credit, but it didn't matter. Ah, the times I wish I'd had Fraps up and running...

I have had this issue several times, as well.  It seems that if someone grabs a cephalon before the game actually starts (preliminary rounds while waiting for players to join) and is still holding it when the first round begins, then said cephalon vanishes.  This makes it impossible for either team to capture until (probably) a host migration takes place.

I've also seen captures before the game starts as counting in the game, possibly meaning a team could complete 5 captures while waiting for more players and instantly win the game when it starts.