Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Op Lex Pistol

Gladhe8her

The title explains itself... The "Lex" pistol is Crazy!!! i have it level 30 and it currently can one shot kill light infected on the planet Europa... Crazy right? Tell me your opinions or any questions you may have! Thanks guys!

Clan: Canadian Gladhe8hers 

On endless defense at the higher waves, 20-30+ depending on the planet, the Lex isn't able to pump out enough rounds to make it worth switching to unless you are literally out of ammo for your primary weapon. While I don't like the accuracy issues with the Kraken, I am slowly becoming a believer in it, because you can put out more damage per trigger pull, making it viable longer into the defenses.

I agreed with fire rate and the reload speed is defiantly slow but with a fire rate mod and a reload speed mod it is fine! But By far if u throw a fire rate mod in there it feels smooth and you can end up letting off a lot of shots... reload is the worst thing about the gun but it suits it because of the amount of damage the gun can produce.

It's not overpowered. No sarcasm. Also, most pistols with maxed mods can 1 shot a mob on Europa

very true indeed! im really liking all the feedback on this!! the reason i think it is so good is because the accuracy plus the amount of damage that 1 accurate shot can produce... but that's only my opinion.

I wouldn't say the Lex is OP. Highly specialized yes, but not OP. It's fire rate, Low ammo capacity, and high reload times balance this out, not to mention the requirement to aim for the head/weak spot to deal any decent damage. shot for shot the Lex is definately stronger than any other pistol when used properly. However it's damage per second is also one of the lowest out of any other pistol. In the time it takes for the LEX to line up and shoot three diffrent enemies, another pistol say the bolto or the starting pistol, can easily tag those three enemies and most likely kill them quicker than the LEX. However this comes at the cost of the other pistols consuming more ammo than the LEX. If you do it right, the lex can issue out one shot one kill for most low to mid range mobs. Once you get to the higher areas however it becomes somewhat of a hinderance. It's low fire rate and dependancy on aiming for the weak point cripple the weapon to some degree. It's DPS simply is not high enough to survive adiquately in higher zones compared to many of the other weapons.

Now, if the LEX had it's dependancy on "headshots" removed, I would concider the weapon far more usefull.

The Lex is a very demanding weapon i'll say that much. It requires a lot of skill, patience, and positioning to use it effectively. Those of you who can utalize this weapon to great effect i offer you my praise. As i'm sure you will agree, when utalized properly, it is unparalelled in it's stopping potential.

While it has high point damage, it has incredibly low DPS. It is one of the reasons I personaly think in my own flawed oponion, that the weapon could use a little work to even this out and i think that removing the dependancy on headshots for the weapon would help with this, allow it to "keep up" with other pistols.

A high damage/low rate of fire pistol with a longish reload time that's higher level than the light enemies resistant to the type of damage that it deals the least of can kill them in one shot? Madness!

Lex is not op. It's fire-rate, clip size, and reload speed are appropriately balanced for it's damage and accuracy.  Lex is great for single targets and is arguably the best 'sniping weapon' in the game (sad the snipetron still comes up short in comparison even with the innate AP recently added to it) but really comes up short for groups, this is where picking your primary appropriately becomes an important factor for creating an effective loadout.

Lex is not op. It's fire-rate, clip size, and reload speed are appropriately balanced for it's damage and accuracy.  Lex is great for single targets and is arguably the best 'sniping weapon' in the game (sad the snipetron still comes up short in comparison even with the innate AP recently added to it) but really comes up short for groups, this is where picking your primary appropriately becomes an important factor for creating an effective loadout.

Agree Fully... but i think it is the best sniping weapon in the game as it currently stands.

After hearing all of this i agree now it is NOT OP, but... this gun when in the "hands" of a marksman can be deadly

Every weapon is deadly in the hands of a marksman... We don't exactly have any (okay, one) automatic feather dispensers in the game, and hitting weak spots is always rewarded equally.

Every weapon is deadly in the hands of a marksman... We don't exactly have any (okay, one) automatic feather dispensers in the game, and hitting weak spots is always rewarded equally.

The Lex Is my weapon of choice atm with the damage and the accuracy i cant go wrong, my accuracy with it i believe is around %75... and probs %60 of that are critical hits...

I haven't made my mind up about Lex yet.  I do enjoy using it when playing with a shotgun though - it gives me some options in that scenario.

The rest of the time I just roll over to Afuris - not because it is the best but because I enjoy it the most.

Now, if the LEX had it's dependency on "headshots" removed, I would consider the weapon far more useful.

The Lex is a very demanding weapon i'll say that much. It requires a lot of skill, patience, and positioning to use it effectively. Those of you who can utalize this weapon to great effect i offer you my praise. As i'm sure you will agree, when utilized properly, it is unparalleled in it's stopping potential.

i can't agree more. the LEX is a fantastic sidearm, and i wish i could use it all the time. but, with infected, and mini/boss monsters, i just can't use it.

if i have the LEX fighting even just one ancient, i'm going to have a very hard time. 

(maybe the LEX could ignore armor ;D)

suffice to say, the LEX is far from OP. in most cases, it's the least powerful pistol in the game. 

(especially with some oddities sometimes on shots where shooting ancients in their feet will do 10dmg instead of the average 70-90? dafuq)

Edited by taiiat

OP? Hardly. The other posters here already stated why this is so, but I'll repeat that the slow fire rate and low clip size keep it in check - even if modded, comparing with a similarly ranked sidearm I'll take a Kraken over it (having used both), just performs better.

If you prefer one weapon over another, it's because of your style, not because it's stronger or anything. For lex to become truely OP, by definition, out rank every other weapons, and its performance doesn't depend on players' skill, is when Lex has fire rate of semi automatic rifle, reload in 1s, 10 bullets in a magazine.

If you prefer one weapon over another, it's because of your style, not because it's stronger or anything. For lex to become truely OP, by definition, out rank every other weapons, and its performance doesn't depend on players' skill, is when Lex has fire rate of semi automatic rifle, reload in 1s, 10 bullets in a magazine.

I agree fully... i think i like the lex because im a dead-eye shot with it... idrk 

With my current mod setup I can one shot level 25+ Fusion Moa's with it, and score 6 kills on Crewmen in 6 seconds. With my current mod setup on my Braton I can kill level 25+ Fusion Moa's in about 10 shots max, and score 6 kills on Crewmen in about 4 seconds. Yeah, the Lex is OP, but weapons overall aren't very balanced in this game yet. What makes the Lex stand out is on top of it being absurdly strong, its also ammo efficient unlike other non-shotgun absurdly strong weapons.