Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U16 Valkyr Immortal Skin Changes

Moonski

Hello all, after update 16 I noticed that the immortal skin for valkyr now changes the color of her corpus attachments. For those of you who haven't seen it or noticed here are some screenshots. EDIT : Changed screenshots. All black, easier to see the change.

Standard skin:

I7Zesj1.jpg

GQJWkDE.jpgIBAv7sW.jpg

Immortal skin:

J99Bx7l.jpgGQJWkDE.jpgLqzHZGP.jpg

While the change is subtle, I wonder if it was infact intended. I personally do not like it. With my colors it makes Valkyr's hands and feet disapear into a black void. I am really hoping this was unintended and gets changed back.

Edited by Moonski

yeah i noticed that too these handcuffs and other corpus thingies on valkyr now affected by primary color while using immortal skin i hope it changes to another tint cuz im using black for primary and dont wanna see black corpus parts

yeah i noticed that too these handcuffs and other corpus thingies on valkyr now affected by primary color while using immortal skin i hope it changes to another tint cuz im using black for primary and dont wanna see black corpus parts

This is mostly my complaint. I too use black as my primary color, and her hands and feet disapear into a black void now. I do like your idea of moving the corpus parts to tint color 3 or 4.

Well... Immortal skins usually do give you more paintable areas. If you don't like it then you could always stop using the skin...

P.S. Yes, I do like it.

Like in, buy something you like in platinum and then watch quietly as it's being changed a way you don't like ? I don't think so :)

The problem, to my mind, with this change on the skin, as said up here is that it links the boxes to the main body color. Moreover, some color zones on the chest and arms have have the same box assigned to them but give different results because of metallic reflectivity, i.e when trying to bring gold back on Nova Prime you get nice golden lines and ugly large brown patches :(

I use red, and I guess it would look really bad... I think they should make those parts to be able to repaint in attachments section instead of skin section.

Okay, I edited my first post to show all black instead of my colors. Now it is easy to see what changed. All of the little accent lines and doodads are tied to primary color. When you select white, grey, or any color the shading is retained on the corpus stuff so you end up with multiple shades of w/e you picked, but with black everything just disapears. Valkyr looks like a shadow. This also means those light grey and neutral grey bits on the basted helmet really stand out since those never change. I know it is dumb but I enjoyed the greeble (for lack of a better term). If we must have it be customizable can we get it on tint 3, as tint 3 already defines some of the details.

tl;dr   Please put the corpus stuff on tint 3 rather than primary color.

So in the post above I mentioned how the color of some parts of the bastet helmet do not change. I thought to try something else....

mUQ2mxF.jpg

vYB47Yd.jpg

Immortal skin, base helmet. The corpus thingies do not change color either.

Edited by Moonski

• 1 month later...

I use red, and I guess it would look really bad...

It does. I have a dark red as my primary colour and her restraints just look awful. For now, I've switched back to the regular skin - but I hope the change was unintended and will be reverted. At least put it on Tint 3 or 4, please. Tint 4 might be even better, since it's only a few really thin details.

Well... Immortal skins usually do give you more paintable areas. If you don't like it then you could always stop using the skin...

a) It didn't look like that when I bought it - or I wouldn't have.

b) Your suggestion is bad and you should feel bad.

I mean, I'd be somewhat ok with the immortal skin colouring her restraints, if it didn't use the friggin primary colour. That's just as bad as the Liset interior - "yeah, tint 3 does a little highlight here, a stripe around that column there - oh, and the entire walls of the upper level". -.-

Edited by Bibliothekar

It does. I have a dark red as my primary colour and her restraints just look awful. For now, I've switched back to the regular skin - but I hope the change was unintended and will be reverted. At least put it on Tint 3 or 4, please. Tint 4 might be even better, since it's only a few really thin details.

a) It didn't look like that when I bought it - or I wouldn't have.

I actually have a similar problem with removal of grey lines on some immortal skins, especially Excalibur. I've created a topic comparing my past and present looks. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/400643-is-it-possible-to-add-immortal-skin-versions-with-grey-lines/

It's sad that more than half of community doesn't want more options for your visual appearance... :(