Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Doodle: 『A Moment In The Life Of A Lotus』(Day 49: Because In The End... Everything Will Be Prime, 03/23/2014)

Gestalt

1351674832989.gif

(9-_-)--o () ToT) <- FW 

In case you haven't noticed, we can literally "Vote this post up".

You can see the option in the lower-right hand corner of each post.

Stop the reddit onslaught!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Day! WEEK! Cus this one took so long!

Day 27: 『Now In 3D』

hUa36kF.png

sxruR28.png

CAP3Bl3.png

Thought I'd make something that'd work as both a doodle and an entry to the diorama contest. At least this way I'll have something to show for it when it's rejected. LOLOL~

Proportions are a bit off, since I had to reinforce the legs with additional wire and epoxy.

*insert Lotus weight joke here*

Edited by Gestalt

Wow! I am impressed. Will you be painting the models?

Windbow is easily impressed :3

Probably won't paint them, since that'd require first baking them. These pieces are a bit big for heatgun, and I don't want to use my oven, cus I bake desserts quite often and I've heard horror stories of underbaked sculpey sculptures stinking up ovens with toxic fume... not pleasant :(

Nicely done models. What software?

Hands I would say? These are real, handmade figurines :)

Awesome job :)

50/50 mix of super scupley and sculpey firm. Turned out too soft still. Probably will try 70/30 firm/regular next time :( 

Wow, how unexpected :D

Thats some nice work!

But whats that next to Lotucat?^^

Extraction ship

*gets the stab-in-heart sensation of whenever someone doesn't recognize what you made*

I blame the lack of a clear view of the ship!! Had to piece together the damn thing from glimpses of it during 1) extraction, 2) surface mission insertion and 3) Dark Sector alpha trailer.

We need more concept art and ingame models on the official website DE!

Alpha Team assault ship?

Yeah, that's it! Alpha Team ship! That's why it looks kinda off compared to the actual extraction ship! Yeah! *ahem*

Edited by Gestalt

Windbow is easily impressed :3

Hey, that's not true! Ok...maybe partially true. Sometimes. :P

Seriously though, don't sell yourself short. The lotucat's face is awesome. Looks just like your drawings!

Probably won't paint them, since that'd require first baking them. These pieces are a bit big for heatgun, and I don't want to use my oven, cus I bake desserts quite often and I've heard horror stories of underbaked sculpey sculptures stinking up ovens with toxic fume... not pleasant :(

Awww. It would make DERebecca giggle herself silly if you did. I'm sure of it. But yeah, don't spoil your food oven. Still, if you're into quite a bit of sculpting, maybe get a cheap oven just for sculptures?

FrostWolf, on 04 Sept 2013 - 2:01 PM, said:

I believe it's called a Manta in the concept art

aslo you bake deserts?

Can I have brownies?

Wait wait wait... there's a concept art of the extraction vehicle?!?! I R SAD.

I never tried making brownies before, mostly make asianized baked goods like sweet buns and other such silliness, but I can draw you a brownie probably :P

Windbow, on 04 Sept 2013 - 6:46 PM, said:

Hey, that's not true! Ok...maybe partially true. Sometimes. :P

Seriously though, don't sell yourself short. The lotucat's face is awesome. Looks just like your drawings!

Awww. It would make DERebecca giggle herself silly if you did. I'm sure of it. But yeah, don't spoil your food oven. Still, if you're into quite a bit of sculpting, maybe get a cheap oven just for sculptures?

That's actually what I've been thinking about for the longest time :X But the cheapest one that would actually work size-wise would be in the hundreds of dollars TT___TT I might just use a heatgun... one day... one day I'll actually bake and paint one of my mountains of unbaked WIPs :3

I'm really going to need to step up my efforts on that hat, aren't I?

Damn straight Iain! >:3

Actually the Extraction ship is called a 'Liset'.

I happen to have the picture you probably mean.

NIb8H2j.png

WOW. WOW WTF. >:( There's an available concept art with multiple perspectives?!?!?!

Why couldn't I FIND this... BEFORE I was freeze-framing from multiple angles the thing from the alpha trailer??? UGGGGGGGHHH. I'm not changing the sculpt just so it'd look more like the real thing >:(((

DE! Put your available game-related assets on the official website!

New day~

Day 28: 『"Last Chance"』

RHj2YeZ.png

I was really confused by Bex's thread on the "last chance" gear. Don't think I've used/bought any items since they renamed them "gear"...

Edit: updated the doodle real fast. Cuz the old one looked real bad, even for a doodle.

Edited by Gestalt

Ah. I wondered why gear is going into "last chance" sale. Lotucat is rapidly going through the gear stock?

Because LotusLotucat eats them for breakfast of course! They're the space-pancakes of choice for any space-cats!

@DEdevs: any chance we can get Lotucat in game as an easter egg? :D

That would be really awesome, lul~ But too much immersion-breaking imo. I can't even imagine any of yui's legendary Captain Vor antics actually being added to the game, and her stuff has probably the best chance of ever being added as easter eggs. Maybe if they add a dialog for Vor where he mentions that crazy black Nyx who's always chasing after him XD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New day!

Day 29: 『Haters Gonna Hate』

nuDmJMD.png

Had to be done. Coming: Update 10.

Scarf-haters beware.