Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Doodle: 『A Moment In The Life Of A Lotus』(Day 49: Because In The End... Everything Will Be Prime, 03/23/2014)

Gestalt

Probably won't paint them, since that'd require first baking them. These pieces are a bit big for heatgun, and I don't want to use my oven, cus I bake desserts quite often and I've heard horror stories of underbaked sculpey sculptures stinking up ovens with toxic fume... not pleasant :(

If you have a college near by that has a sculpting class. You might be able to talk to a professor there about using their kilns. At Genesee Community College we had a few random people from the town using the studio with our professors consent. So might be possible near you.

Hell they may ask you to eventually be a guest speaker in return :P

Took a few days off to prepare for some exams.

3D LOTUS FiGURINE!

I'M THROWING MY MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING HAPPENES!!!

You're doing it wronk!!!!

ULTRA LOOL

GODLIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have a college near by that has a sculpting class. You might be able to talk to a professor there about using their kilns. At Genesee Community College we had a few random people from the town using the studio with our professors consent. So might be possible near you.

Hell they may ask you to eventually be a guest speaker in return :P

Funny you should say that.

I picked up this hobby by taking for fun a beginning sculpture class at my local jc w few years back. Met most of my sculpting friends and colleagues from there. The material I use is actually oil-based clay and what many toy/figure makers use for their initial sculpts/prototypes and are cured via oven/heatgun (the optimal temperature would be around 200-250F). So a kiln is neither required nor preferable for this (excessive heat, temp fluctuation, etc).

Also, I promised myself I wouldn't go back and meet everyone until I've got at least one finished piece to show for my years of absence, as I sorta took a break from sculpting, the bad student I am, so yeah...

AT ANY RATE~

Edited by Gestalt

That post was too long -_-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW DOODLE! LATE DOODLE! HEYO~

Day 29 1/2: 『Haters Keep on Hatin'』

S0DCJtm.gif

That was a LOT of work drawing these shoddy frames. Times like this I wish I had photoshop. Or that I'm awesome like Carbot. Either way.

Gekker you better be in a state neither solid NOR gaseous.

If you could turn that into a gif, I would melt :P

Edited by Gestalt

That post was too long -_-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW DOODLE! LATE DOODLE! HEYO~

Day 29 1/2: 『Haters Keep on Hatin'』

S0DCJtm.gif

That was a LOT of work drawing these shoddy frames. Times like this I wish I had photoshop. Or that I'm awesome like Carbot. Either way.

Gekker you better be in a state neither solid NOR gaseous.

I am MELTING!...

Its beautiful.

Thanks a lot. Made my day :D

Lol. Nice one. Good scarf timing too. But wait... you don't have photoshop? What have you been using all this time? I must've missed that post.

There's a free software alternative to Photoshop called Gimp. Apparently it's not as great as Photoshop but it gets the job done for me (what silly stuff I happen to dare do). See here:

http://www.gimp.org/

It's mostly used on linux and bsd (and other unices) but there's also a Windows package here:

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Edit:

There's also a (supposedly) simple way to do animated gifs with Gimp:

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Simple_Animations/

http://www.wikihow.com/Create-an-Animated-GIF-Image-with-GIMP

Good luck! :)

Now just make it clip and spas in and out of her body, otherwise I call fake! Lol.

It's a fake unfortunately :( It's one of Bex's "fashionable" scarfs :P

I am MELTING!...

Its beautiful.

Thanks a lot. Made my day :D

uzzcIm8.jpg 

Lol. Nice one. Good scarf timing too. But wait... you don't have photoshop? What have you been using all this time? I must've missed that post.

There's a free software alternative to Photoshop called Gimp. Apparently it's not as great as Photoshop but it gets the job done for me (what silly stuff I happen to dare do). See here:

http://www.gimp.org/

It's mostly used on linux and bsd (and other unices) but there's also a Windows package here:

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Edit:

There's also a (supposedly) simple way to do animated gifs with Gimp:

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Simple_Animations/

http://www.wikihow.com/Create-an-Animated-GIF-Image-with-GIMP

Good luck! :)

Oh that thing has layers!!! That would make doing frame-by-frame animation so much easier :3 Will check it out. Thanks!

And this has always been an MSpaint doodle series WB :3 Having to sketch over the previous frame, erase the extra stuff pixel by pixel and all that is a lot of busy work that could've been avoided altogether really -_-

I... I don't even...

I'll just chalk it up to "FW's at it again".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update~

No doodle this cycle. Going to push it back to next Monday, hopefully. Working on... funny enough, fan-work of someone else's fan-work. lol.

Should be feline enough for this series, no problem.

If you watched Carbot, you already knew they were pets.

New link for me to lurk though :D

I donno man... they still kill marines with cuteness and/or excessive puppylicking...

Mighty dangerous, those Carbot lings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New week, new doodle.

Day 30: 『夜露死苦』

AIoNNtR.png

"Yoroshiku~" -GLR: Great Lotus Rebecca

Also: Introducing DEMegan... LOOK OUT!!!

Super busy so whipped this up super fast and without much planning. Just thought it'd be funny to do an Onizuka-Lotus. DEMegan getted axed for her introduction by a Greeneer is extra poetic justice.

I donno man... they still kill marines with cuteness and/or excessive puppylicking...

Mighty dangerous, those Carbot lings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New week, new doodle.

Day 30: 『夜露死苦』

AIoNNtR.png

"Yoroshiku~" -GLR: Great Lotus Rebecca

Also: Introducing DEMegan... LOOK OUT!!!

Super busy so whipped this up super fast and without much planning. Just thought it'd be funny to do an Onizuka-Lotus. DEMegan getted axed for her introduction by a Greeneer is extra poetic justice.

...Lotucat is flipping me off

...Lotucat is flipping me off

The literal Chinese translation of 夜露死苦 is hilarious. But I'm going to assume it means "Dew of Bitter Death".

If you just read most Japanese phrases that have kanji forms and look at them from a literal Chinese-language angle, most are hilarious regardless. Edited by Gestalt

For Ced:

EbI0GEL.png

*rant incoming*

So anyways, was reading the new hot-topic thread, came upon some links and started reading other threads, then realized that there's been a lot more crap happening on the forums since U10 than I'd noticed.

Then I bumped into the thread about Ced's resignation and was at first shocked and sad. Then realized it's actually pretty normal. Investing so much energy into a game does that to ya. At least he's still going to play the game and stay on the forums.

Then I looked at myself and realized that if it weren't for my commitment of keeping up with this silly series of grade-school-level, mspaint doodles about a purple cat/monkey/mouse that somewhat resembles Lotus, doing random things, I probably wouldn't be logging into the game daily anymore.

With 1200+ hours played in Warframe (the majority of which were played up to a couple of updates ago) at this point, I barely play 1-2 games a day on average. That's pretty evidently reflected in these doodles as mostly they've long stopped being about the game itself.

Whole thing started as an idea about "what would a kitty version of Lotus do if she were to interact with various enemies in the game." And it's pretty much changed (devolved?) into a bunch of obscure references about random films/games/anime, as well as some forum antics.

Can't say I'm unhappy with how things are though, as having something to do as a creative outlet is nice and at the core, Warframe is still a SICK game. Plus, 1-2 Xini/Cyath a day isn't bad. LOL.

At any rate, drew this up real quick as a farewell/cheers to Ced.

Edited by Gestalt

Well at 1200+ hours I think that anyone would be a little burned out

At any rate I'm glad that you still do these doodles and hope that you continue to do them in the future.

Also do you think that you could do a doodle with lotus dressed up like a clone from star wars yelling "We've got Grineer!" I usually think of that when ever she mentions something about Grineer/Coupus/Infested Assault Team/Robots/group incoming.

Regardless if you actually make that doodle I will always be happy to see that you have uploaded another one to the Warframe forums.

In short: Great job on the Doodles and I hope that you will continue doing them!

sptCI.gif

PANDA SNAP!

Why'd I stare at that gif for 30 seconds, expecting to see something different each time?

Well at 1200+ hours I think that anyone would be a little burned out

At any rate I'm glad that you still do these doodles and hope that you continue to do them in the future.

Also do you think that you could do a doodle with lotus dressed up like a clone from star wars yelling "We've got Grineer!" I usually think of that when ever she mentions something about Grineer/Coupus/Infested Assault Team/Robots/group incoming.

Regardless if you actually make that doodle I will always be happy to see that you have uploaded another one to the Warframe forums.

In short: Great job on the Doodles and I hope that you will continue doing them!

I'd have to check up on the source. I usually don't get SW references unless it's the ones everybody knows like "nooooo~" or "these are not the droids you're looking for" etc.

What did I just watch?

Apparently, multiple introductions of a 22 year old blond Japanese bachelor who holds a number of jobs... Not sure how that relates to the current subject. :P

See, this is why I need to start making actual game-related doodles or at least limit my film/show references to recent ones. Nobody knows what GTO is anymore apparently.... I feel like an Attack on Titan doodle coming up next.

I SW reference I was making was form the game Star wars Battlefront2 and basically the clones you yell out We've got droids which is pretty obvious when there are droids every where and I get the sem feeling when lotus says something about more enemies incoming