Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Doodle: 『A Moment In The Life Of A Lotus』(Day 49: Because In The End... Everything Will Be Prime, 03/23/2014)

Gestalt

Great stuff, I feel a little zb sculpt of your Lotus coming on :)

OMFG? That sounds awesome. Love to see REAL sculptors work ;3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't wana start the next doodle~ Monday duedate sucks~

New doodle, with a poodle. (disclaimer: poodle sold separately)

Day 33: 『Missing That Raknis Nekros Helmet BP Alert (Oct 5)』

At first I was like... I MISSED THE ALERT!!!

5PAlPG5.png

But then I was all... wait, I don't even have a Nekros.

L1UrfrA.png

So like... lol.

Well, Im not sure about the REAL part but I try - heres me pimping my new thread about my brain addled Tenno concepts - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/117148-warframe-concept-sculpt-work-in-progress/?p=1368103   .  I shall find time and make me and yourself a cute little Lotus girl chibi if thats ok with you?  Maybe this week maybe next, but it will be done.

Well, Im not sure about the REAL part but I try - heres me pimping my new thread about my brain addled Tenno concepts - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/117148-warframe-concept-sculpt-work-in-progress/?p=1368103   .  I shall find time and make me and yourself a cute little Lotus girl chibi if thats ok with you?  Maybe this week maybe next, but it will be done.

Ah, so an armored gladiator type eh? The details are amazing... O_O Like I said in your thread though, no standard-looking eyes! That's like the golden ticket to designing warframes it seems. Give it a featureless face (Excal, Nyx, Rhino, etc), or multiple eyes (Volt), or a mechanical mask (Trin, Nekros), just not the standard humanoid eyes, and you're golden. Can't wait to see the next version.

I've been working on-and-off for a while now on a sculpt of my own. Female brawler type that stemmed from seeing a fanframe drawing a while back. My first female (well, I started on SUMA's feral frame around the same time, but since that one only has a head atm... :p) sculpt, and it's bloody difficult to make a muscular female while still keeping a trace of femininity.

New doodle, with a poodle. (disclaimer: poodle sold separately)

Day 33: 『Missing That Raknis Nekros Helmet BP Alert (Oct 5)』

At first I was like... I MISSED THE ALERT!!!

5PAlPG5.png

But then I was all... wait, I don't even have a Nekros.

L1UrfrA.png

So like... lol.

Pretty much me with frames I own, but hate to play.

Eyes being addressed as we speak - I start my sculpts from a anatomically pleasing point of view (at least for my self) so need my landmarks in at the early stages, consider most of it WIP still or even naked, that said I'm still not sure which direction Ill take the head, I was going for a porcupine/hedgehog type feel but I think it gets a little too Rhino and a little too busy, going to play now and see what I can get going on.  Love to see your Tenno - links?  Many thanks for input and hope I didnt offend by pimping, thought you might like to see where I was coming from.  

P.S I mentioned I considered a more Techno Tenno, on that note and to fit with Gladiator/Brawler role I'm strongly considering a 360 vision/radar dome motif for the 'eyes' Im going to explore that, and even if it doesn't work for this unnamed Tenno I will probably use it for my idea of the Old General/Proto Tenno later in my sculpts.  Mmm do I have an hour to start a Chibi Lotus :)  Maybe :)  Friend me up in game and Ill keep you informed.

Oh bump...  I have a Female Captain America sculpt I did a while back - it was a tough call to get feminine and muscular in but I think I got their, or at least it might be of use to you, I can a) let you have my sculpt for refs or use and b) let you have my thoughts and reference images if it would be of use? 

Eyes being addressed as we speak - I start my sculpts from a anatomically pleasing point of view (at least for my self) so need my landmarks in at the early stages, consider most of it WIP still or even naked, that said I'm still not sure which direction Ill take the head, I was going for a porcupine/hedgehog type feel but I think it gets a little too Rhino and a little too busy, going to play now and see what I can get going on.  Love to see your Tenno - links?  Many thanks for input and hope I didnt offend by pimping, thought you might like to see where I was coming from.  

P.S I mentioned I considered a more Techno Tenno, on that note and to fit with Gladiator/Brawler role I'm strongly considering a 360 vision/radar dome motif for the 'eyes' Im going to explore that, and even if it doesn't work for this unnamed Tenno I will probably use it for my idea of the Old General/Proto Tenno later in my sculpts.  Mmm do I have an hour to start a Chibi Lotus :)  Maybe :)  Friend me up in game and Ill keep you informed.

Alright then XD I can't wait to see what kind of helmet design you go next. It's pretty exciting following up on WIP as usual :3

And I don't really... I mean I do fire up WF and stay logged on most of the time still, but I barely play it now. Mostly it stays minimized, while I work at the desktop. But I'll add you anyways :D

Oh bump...  I have a Female Captain America sculpt I did a while back - it was a tough call to get feminine and muscular in but I think I got their, or at least it might be of use to you, I can a) let you have my sculpt for refs or use and b) let you have my thoughts and reference images if it would be of use?

Lower body isn't really the issue for me. It's mostly the wide shoulders that's making giving a feminine look difficult. Most of the time I see people doing a muscular female, they have thick thighs and large arm muscles, but have relatively slender traps and deltoids still. That's what's keeping them feminine overall, but that's not doing it for my piece, since it's a brawler-type, meaning throws, grapples, very physical and in-your-face (which to me translates to "heavy upper body" for some reason; I'm probably way off in this). Worst comes worst, I'll just not give it boobs and call it a male LOL.

Then I can call SUMA's catframe my "first female piece" and work on that instead XD I'm sure somebody would be happy about that ;3

Oh but totally show off your past sculpts!!! You can totally start a thread in off-topic and put your works there. It'd be amaaaaazazing.

Pretty much me with frames I own, but hate to play.

Or better yet.... frames you don't even own O____O

Edited by Gestalt

Then I can call SUMA's catframe my "first female piece" and work on that instead XD I'm sure somebody would be happy about that ;3

somebody would be happy about that :D lol

...and honored ;P

Edited by SUMA

Ill keep an eye open for you Gestalt - thats your ingame name right?  Always nice to chat real time about art.

Made a fresh tool yesterday on the Helmet, nothing to show just yet but hopefully I can get some time in later today, lot to do today and tomorrow so time to do and upload is at a premium.

Female - wide shoulders - its tricky, they don't put muscle on in any way near the same way men do, or the same places - except for maybe at the extreme end of bodybuilding, get yourself some decent fitness model refs and/or Mixed martial artists - male and female and on layers, flip between and you'll start seeing the defining factors of each.  The ribcage and lats and abs, don't develop so much in women, shoulders and neck either.  Brawler to me would mean strong core and an even development of limbs - Id go for something like Gina Carano - 1391804_10151968401412053_1179883120_n.j maybe with a touch of 1384086_10151968403212053_1326736057_n.j thrown in.

Suma - can we get some links to your concept?  love to see it?  Might have some refs to help the process.

Edited by Steamtrooper

somebody would be happy about that :D lol

...and honored ;P

SUMA's the sneaky one :P

Ill keep an eye open for you Gestalt - thats your ingame name right?  Always nice to chat real time about art.

Made a fresh tool yesterday on the Helmet, nothing to show just yet but hopefully I can get some time in later today, lot to do today and tomorrow so time to do and upload is at a premium.

Female - wide shoulders - its tricky, they don't put muscle on in any way near the same way men do, or the same places - except for maybe at the extreme end of bodybuilding, get yourself some decent fitness model refs and/or Mixed martial artists - male and female and on layers, flip between and you'll start seeing the defining factors of each.  The ribcage and lats and abs, don't develop so much in women, shoulders and neck either.  Brawler to me would mean strong core and an even development of limbs - Id go for something like Gina Carano

maybe with a touch of

thrown in.

Suma - can we get some links to your concept?  love to see it?  Might have some refs to help the process.

I'll add you soon as I log on again -__- been crashing inside derelicked all night... not the most pleasant first-time experience in a particular tileset... 

Yeah, I do keep quite a few photos of Carano in my big folder of reference pics.

You want concept art for SUMA's frame? Just go to his thread! He's got quite a few drawings of the feral frame by now. A few front ones, different poses, a back one, quite a few glamour shots lately too LOLOL~

Not too risque for forums I hope?

--o )( o--

Edited by Gestalt

Sooooo I was looking through these...then this happened

Thank you for supplying my new wallpaper (Hope ya don't mind of course).

LAWL~ I am honored you would choose something I slob together as your wallpaper :3

Edited by Gestalt

LAWL~ I am honored you would choose something I slob together as your wallpaper :3

I was actually thinking of redrawing that pic with some more detail and shading and stuff but I'm kinda in a lazy mood at the moment /Has like 5 unfinished drawing lying around.

Not to use as a wallpaper or anything, I like your version ;3 I just wanted to do something warframe related and can't be bothered coming up with an idea of my own <_<

I was actually thinking of redrawing that pic with some more detail and shading and stuff but I'm kinda in a lazy mood at the moment /Has like 5 unfinished drawing lying around.

Not to use as a wallpaper or anything, I like your version ;3 I just wanted to do something warframe related and can't be bothered coming up with an idea of my own <_<

Yeah you shold try to make your future doodles in high-res :P

I am looking for an replacement for my age old ME3 Citadel background^^

I agree, high res doodles are the best kind of doodles.

Ahhhhhh~ But that's so much work~

MSpaint is pixelly enough already... Wish I was using photoshop or something...

New doodle and then sleep, because passing out.

Day 34: 『A Neptunian Tail: Darvo Goes Mars』

mEMOSko.png

Explaination (because otherwise NOBODY would get this):

Refernce: An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (1991)

Because yui drew the cutest "little rat Darvo" ever, and Darvo sounds kinda like Fievel, and Neptune and Mars are Corpus planets.

Darvo = Fievel, Lotucat = Tiger -- a la their dance/song number "A Duo" in the original film An American Tail (1986).

mEMOSko.png

Because yui drew the cutest "little rat Darvo" ever, and Darvo sounds kinda like Fievel, and Neptune and Mars are Corpus planets.

Darvo = Fievel, Lotucat = Tiger -- a la their dance/song number "A Duo" in the original film An American Tail (1986).

That means lotus' weakness is a Spi... A Spe... an an AN ARACHNID!

Quick Corpus make a giant Robot Spider Mech!

mEMOSko.png

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <333333333333333 I ship this!!!! Zanku <3

I did give you the Gimp link. It's free software. Download and use it already! -_-;

http://www.gimp.org/

Windows installer (choose the Stable version, not nightly)

http://nightly.darkrefraction.com/gimp/

I thought that's more for animating gifs :o

But, errmahgrrrd. That's like venturing outside of my comfort zone in order to refine my craft! Heresy! Okay Okay, I'll download it right now and check it out right now :3

That means lotus' weakness is a Spi... A Spe... an an AN ARACHNID!

Quick Corpus make a giant Robot Spider Mech!

YES! But they kind of already have a couple :o Jackal and Hyena... sort of, not really. They just each need 4 more legs and... there needs to be a bunch of trashcans down in those ditches in the Jackal room, so when people fall in there they can land in one :D

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <333333333333333 I ship this!!!! Zanku <3

yui ships my first piece of fanart to her fanart :D YAY~~~~~~~

Free --o )( o-- for everyone! They're on the house.