Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helicoptering : Why Is It Still In The Game? O_O

TheJagji

Helicoptering is the worst thing to happen to Warframe. It is the most annoying thing ever. And here is why.

1. It gives people a way to get though the levels without doing anything.

2. It takes away from actual game play.

3. It makes it very hard to PLAY the game if someone is helicoptering in Capture or Spy missions. You load in, and they have already done half the mission, and are finished it before you can work out whats going on.

4. It makes Warframe a racing game, not a co-op game.

I don't care if you think helicoptering is cool because it makes you get to the end faster. It takes away from the game FAR FAR more than what it adds, and I hope that with Parkor 2.0, this abomination is removed.

When I play the game, I want to PLAY the game, not have to keep up with some rushing &#!. If I wanted to play a game that was over in 5 seconds, I would go play no other game ever, because that's just stupid. It really dose not help new players, it dose not make the game fun, and it most deftly dose not make it a co-op game.

Ninjas are not fast. They are slow, and methodical. They are stealthy. They do not run past every single enemy going 'NA NA, CAN'T CATCH ME'.

Please DE, can you fix this anti-social behavior in your game so we can get back to actually having to use teamwork....

gitgud

Maps are too big anyways, maybe if tilesets were made smaller it'd be justifiable. That'd make stealth more doable too.

Anyways, there's nothing DE can do to fix "antisocial" people are still gonna ignore you whether there's coptering or not. + Ninjas also aren't dragons, amazing.

The problem isn't with coptering. It's with the movement system as a whole.

Also, don't bother trying to give suggestions based on what ninjas would do. As far as common idea is concerned, ninjas also wouldn't tear through hordes on enemies using massive battleaxes, laser cannons and space magic.

To answer your title; it's still in the game because like slide jump launching, it's a sort of 'exploit' to the movement system that has wormed its way into core gameplay. Contrary to popular belief, coptering is not solely or even mostly used as a means of transport only.

You'll always get people with differing playstyles in coop games. Nerfing the one you don't like is not the answer.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Have you seen a Rhino with Vanguard Helmet, Maxed Rush and 4 Sprint Boosts ? And with Max Duration Rhino Charge build ? You'll get out of the spawnroom and he'll be miles ahead of you. There's always several ways to rush a map in Warframe.

You'll always get people with differing playstyles in coop games. Nerfing the one you don't like is not the answer.

Ho, please. Its not a play-style. Its an exploit, plain and simple.

Have you seen a Rhino with Vanguard Helmet, Maxed Rush and 4 Sprint Boosts ? And with Max Duration Rhino Charge build ? You'll get out of the spawnroom and he'll be miles ahead of you. There's always several ways to rush a map in Warframe.

That needs a nerf too. :P

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Language

Ho, please. Its not a play-style. Its an exploit, plain and simple.

It's both. Read my comment again.

If DE (and anyone else) truly considered it to be all bad and nothing but a cheap exploit, it would be gone.

They made a comment on it in a devstream I think but I can't find it. But they compared it to skiing in old Tribes; an exploit of sorts that, as mentioned, wormed its way into gameplay.

They removed it a while ago and it was a bad move. Then they returned it. And it doesn't need removing. It needs tweaking, so it's not just a rush mechanic and doesn't go against team play but can also be used for mobility at full capacity.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

The problem currently is that it can just take too long and movement is too slow. I hope that with parcour 2.0 we will actually get a skill based movement system where you can quickly jump from wall to wall and with that quickly traverse the map, as a quicker more skilled way of moving around the game.

dont know why youre bagging on coptering.....the current melee system is more exploitive than coptering

directional melee defeats the purpose of finding ways to wall run out or trying to be a "ninja" and scale terrain....not to mention it completely makes excals super jump ability useless...and it is a replacement loki's switch teleport for reaching tactical locations

if you think rhino needs a nerf....then you should probably flat out nerf volt speed too....and take away all the pwr str mods that add to volts speed

i can easily use my volt to speed through everything without using coptering at all....would you like to nerf volt as well?

you said you wanted to play the game? then play it your way....please do not dictate or ruin the fun of playing the game the way others want to play it

if youre in a pug with a guy who is coptering through the entire thing.....well all i can say is that im sorry and that he/she is a complete jerk.....but many of the veterans that actually use coptering to get by ridiculously huge useless maps....we need that mechanic.....if you like to take the scenic route after playing this game for hours and hours on it, while still loving how it looks....fine so be it...but please dont try to ruin how i want to play the game

in all honesty i do not see this as an exploit, it seems to be more of an annoyance to players who cannot keep up...and it sucks to be in that situation, but you sort of put yourself in that situation by joining these players who use coptering for the main portion of their movement

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Language

the worst thing that happened to this game is the incredible amount of self-righteous gameplay judges it has, everybody and their moms think they can tell others how to play, although fun is subjective and personal, stop judging and start playing however you want.

Also your comment on ninjas is just completely nonsense and lacks any value, because YOU DON'T KNOW ANY NINJA, because they don't exist anymore man! and you weren't there when they existed.

Edited by Orbister

the worst thing that happened to this game is the incredible amount of self-righteous gameplay judges it has, everybody and their moms think they can tell others how to play, although fun is subjective and personal, stop judging and start playing however you want.

^ everything i wanted to say...

Maps are not big. your all just impatient.

How can I play how I want, when people are exploiting to get though the game? Its like saying someone should stop being black because everyone else is white.

I solo most of the time solely so I can avoid players like the op.  Friendship doors stayed in the game because of people like you, and those ruin the pacing of the game for me.  I have yet to go to the forums and add one more request that they be removed, because clearly, some people like them and think they add to the game and are here to stay.  The same goes for coptering, deal with it, and please, for the love all that is good, do not start another topic like this again.  It's been done and I'm tired of rehashing the same arguments.

Maps are not big. your all just impatient

How can I play how I want, when people are exploiting to get though the game?. Its like saying someone should stop being black because everyone else is white.

when i want to admire the flowers and the butterflies i play solo, the same goes for spy missions and any stealthy mission, and lower your level of aggression, i don't like it.

I solo most of the time solely so I can avoid players like the op.  Friendship doors stayed in the game because of people like you, and those ruin the pacing of the game for me.  I have yet to go to the forums and add one more request that they be removed, because clearly, some people like them and think they add to the game and are here to stay.  The same goes for coptering, deal with it, and please, for the love all that is good, do not start another topic like this again.  It's been done and I'm tired of rehashing the same arguments.

No.

when i want to admire the flowers and the butterflies i play solo, the same goes for spy missions and any stealthy mission, and lower your level of aggression, i don't like it.

Solo is all well and good, but there is some stuff you can't do solo. As for my aggression, I live in Australia, and I have Irish blood in me. That's not going to change.

Edited by TheJagji

No.

Solo is all well and good, but there is some stuff you can't do solo. As for my aggression, I live in Australia, and I have Irish blood in me. That's not going to change.

It just did you are suddenly more civil now... missions in which you need help don't usually require careful stealth movement though... 

Without coptering how I'm going to cut my enemies in half with my orthos prime? You know, that attack (run + ctrl + E) I'm talking like a noob ^^'

^serious question, I don't play warframe since some days so I can't remember some things about parkour.

The only thing I can say because all I wanted to say is around there ^ said by other players.

damn, bad English, I guess.

Edited by DJNeonNight

Using mods like Rush,Maglev ect?                -Just Copter !

Manage/Mod your Stamina?                         -Just Copter !

Parcour?                                                       -Just Copter !

Picking a Frame for its Movementspeed?     -Just Copter !

Learn the Map to be fast in it?                      -Just Copter !

Use a Frames mobility ability?                      -Just Copter !

Pick a Mellee for its DMG/Moveset?             -Nah,it just gotta Copter good!

Speed ?

Well,i love going fast,and believe it or not,i am able to keep up without Coptering,most times i even reach extraction first without it,and you can too!

Just git gud at it ?

Of course,the fine art of Coptering is difficult to master, everybody and their Mothers Coptering all over the place,all the time,thats proof,its very hard!

Also,why not let everybody have a Tipedo in PVP already and remove the Primary/Secondary Weapons all together ?

Almost nobody is using them anyways,just Copter around all over the place and randomly oneshot somebody on accident.

It takes a lot of skill,coordination,knowledge about the Map and Orb-Spawnpoints,also excellent aiming and movement,

god forbid that it would start being viable using a gun,this aint CoD afterall !

I really hope that they will finally get rid of that gnarly Coptering Bug (yes it really is a bug) on Parcour 2.0,

it takes away so much depth from the game and it makes quiete a few things meaningless (Top of this post),

it also just looks so freaking silly,made me laugh the first few times ive seen it,some friends of mine too,

and the small benefits of it would be still there by replacing it with some sort of an evasion move,incase you get surrounded,

or atleast make it cost Stamina,2 Copters in a row,no Stramina left,gotta wait.

Oh,and just incase somebody feel the urge to throw some silly sayings and phrases at me like ''why u so salty'',im not,thats BS,

and it just proves me right for your obvious lack of arguments.

Plus it makes yourself look like youre fresh out of kindergarden lol

I recall a few recent devstreams/Prime Times where it was Rebecca and Sheldon or Rebecca and Glen; doing PvP 2.0 and then with Glen doing the bake special.

-Sheldon could not copter/slide-attack at all it was funny, yet a relief

- Then Rebecca was using the Jat Kittag and Glen was like "Hmmm...the Jat Kittag seems pretty strong, I don't recall it being that good....Does it copter?... Doesn't copter...*cough*It sucks*cough"

(Or something like that...)

Some people only use melee to copter

Some people only use Warframes with mobility abilities

It is very easy to see if you are in a group with "Rushers" and can either adjust to be cooperative or fend for yourself...

On console, so I have not had a chance to do Raid play, but I would think coptering is not an advantage there.

Void missions and star chart missions are pretty much solo-able for a single C rotation.

I don't copter (slide-attack) as I use Obex with Spoiled Strike equipped...handspring does not transverse great distances unless I use WarCry

-But I do wall-vault to cover ground quickly (where you basically just tap off the wall and get launched)

Depending on the tileset I may resort to "bunny-hop" (sprint->jump->tap slide ->jump->tap slide repeat***) to cover uphill and flat ground long distance while conserving stamina.

I used to wall-run vertically when you could slide down and re-initiate vertical climb. (Infinite Wall run) As on console controllers it was easier to do Void treasure room ledges that way, versus vertical wall to vertical wall transition.

-Now I just Ripline or do Directional melee in between vertical wall runs

However if I am doing capture missions....I am that player using Hydroid or Zephyr with boosted duration to make the missions (credit farming) quicker

*Especially big Snow Tileset like outdoor Pluto*

Admittedly I do copter with Glaive Prime when playing as Frost Prime....his wall running is very lackluster....though I have spoiled strike and no fury so I am not coptering long distances