Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helicoptering : Why Is It Still In The Game? O_O

TheJagji

Ho, please. Its not a play-style. Its an exploit, plain and simple.

Ho, please. It's an exploit that DE found added depth to the game.

Coptering is overrated anyway. If you know the map layouts you can usually outflip and out-slide copterers. I mean it's not obsolete mobility, but complaining about coptering is oh-so 2013 when we have actual jump-slashes to propel you forward even farther than a copter sometimes. And they were designed that way.

In the end, it's more of a sign of how poorly-designed regular missions are than anything.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Makes you kinda wonder why they even bothered that much with Mellee 2.0,huh ?

Might just wanna give us a Jet-Engine or something for a mellee weapon,

Almost no DMG but it got a super rare Stance to hold it up above you going super sanic fast by the press of a button !

Seems like many would LOVE that lol

well,atleast DE-Scott (i think) is with us on that,he also stated a few times that he would like Coptering to be gone,

they even openly asked on Tenno-live if ppl would like it to be gone.

Kinda seems to me like DE would actually like it to be gone for good,

theyre just scared to pull it off because of the big crying that would follow. (Happened before)

Just do it DE,be like From Software on Bloodborne or something,

like they basicly removed all shielding,even if people loved to turtle behind theyre Shield in full Havel but then complain that it wasnt hard enough.

Coptering is a Bug,and it makes a good chunk of the Game,probably the new Parcour 2.0 too, meaningless.

Coptering is overrated anyway. If you know the map layouts you can usually outflip and out-slide copterers.

Right,and thats just more reason to finally get rid of it and fix that Bug,

its not THAT hard to keep up with RoflCopters.

and it would make you think about stamina and mods like rush,making you look at a Frames movement Speed,learn where to Wallrun/Parcour ect,wich is all pretty meaningless right now along with some other things because of that Coptering BS,

it only adds to the game to get rid of it,especially in PvP

Edited by Spectrah

hmm, cant hang with the badboyz anymore? or your hands reflexes are getting slower each day? :))

though helicoptering is not a word, i kinda agree with you... rushing is kinda lame... but then again... the rules of each mission is the one to blame, if DE want player to go slow they will probably add some objectives like "you cant be seen, or we will fail, insta - mission failed" now that would really put the breaks, no one would dare to go fast now

To summarise, the OP can't copter and is annoyed at it? Or perhaps the OP wants to force everyone else to have the same playstyle as them?

Smeg off. I play how I like, you play how you like. If you don't like it, don't play in my group. I'm not forcing you to copter, don't you dare force me to walk.

i kinda agree with you... rushing is kinda lame... but then again... the rules of each mission is the one to blame

Rushing itself isnt rly the problem imo,if you wanna go fast,you totally should be able to,and you are, even without Coptering.

I think almost nobody want to Tip-Toe the same Void-Capture for the 30th time or whatever.

A Nova with a maxed Rush frontflipping here and there combined with a Mid-Air Mellee,sliding,wallrunning on certain spots...

just an example,and directional melee is arguable too,but there is no need for that Copter Bug BS.

And,not sure if that was meant to go my way,but i for one dont even want to hang with the ''badboyz'',

sounds like a bunch of tryhard wannabes thinking theyre MLG Gods for doing a 40min t4 in a group of 4 lol

there is nothing like the ''B A D B O Y S'' (lol) in Warframe,just need the right Frame/Loadout/Mods for the Job and pretty much everything isnt rly hard untill like 60+ minutes T4,

But thats a different Topic,something like ''Press 4 to win''

Hands Reflexes are as good as ever btw lol

Edited by Spectrah

Coptering is a part of the game, it requires some kind of precision that some people (usually found whining on the forums) don't have, it allows players with skill to compensate using slower frames and give the entire game that parkour feel, also pretending it's the fastest way of traveling is just plain stupid, lets face it, once coptering is removed, n00bs will complain about nova's portal being overpowered, rhino prime/loki's run speed being overpowered, valkyr hookshok being overpowered... up to the point where some will complain about wallruning being overpowered just because a handful of players do not want to take the pain to use those abilities right.

not to mention that coptering has its share of disadvantages, some of the best melee weapons of the game (i.e scindo prime) do not allow for efficient coptering, ergo it pushes players to make a choice as well.

What, did the guys rushing offend your delicate feelings?

Edited: for language. Least I make a troll happy.

The agenda is: Make playing as much a of a grief as possible. OP if you want to make the game more of a grief game than it already is, thats ok.

There is always another MMO.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

Helicoptering is the worst thing to happen to Warframe. It is the most annoying thing ever. And here is why.

1. It gives people a way to get though the levels without doing anything.

Not every mission is an Exterminate, you are not obliged to engage and kill every enemy, they will spawn infinitely anyway, your objective is to get to the mission objective. And coptering is doing something to get there by definition, it's just not arbitrarily hard and slow enough for you. And it's not like it's easy to overshoot and copter yourself into falling to dark void or something. It's not like one of the parkour tricks I'm most proud of is accurately judging the distance and coptering ability of my equiped weapon and coptering just far enough from the edge to accurately land on a narrow path over the void. No it takes absolutely no skill and effort at all. 

And Sweet Void, you must hate Zephyrs on open sky maps.

2. It takes away from actual game play.

Define "actual gameplay" in a way that would disqualify coptering without resorting to "actual gameplay is what I say it is, so there". I mean seriously it's an acrobatics maneuver purposefully included in gameplay. It's not a bug, it's not a cheat code or a hack. How is it not objectively part of the "actual gameplay"?

Well I say to DE that coptering is actual gameplay to me. I enjoy the empowering impossibility of doing the acrobatic equivalent of pulling myself up by my own hair, like I enjoy deflecting laser beams with my freaking whip.

See? I can give a subjective opinion based on my tastes too.

3. It makes it very hard to PLAY the game if someone is helicoptering in Capture or Spy missions. You load in, and they have already done half the mission, and are finished it before you can work out whats going on.

Unless you coordinate your team and they are willing to follow a plan (good luck with that with most random pug teams), then someone is going to rush and fulfill (or fail them for you) those objectives first. Coptering is not the cause or the disease here, it is merely one of the many, many means and symptoms.

Laking a premade team, Capture and especially Spy are best enjoyed solo/invite only. By far the majority of times, in pug groups you are just going to carry, get carried, fail them to others, or have them fail it to you. That situation is fundamental to the mission type when only one player can complete or ruin it.

4. It makes Warframe a racing game, not a co-op game.

What's the reward for getting into the extraction first for those who covet that achievement? Oh yeah, they get to wait for you. Wow, I can't blame you for envying them for that.

Or they might even get to wait behind those doors requiring two Tenno to unlock. That's extra fun with a cherry on top, I'm never so glad that I rushed ahead than when I get to experience that soothing lull from action and bloodsheed.

I don't care if you think helicoptering is cool because it makes you get to the end faster. It takes away from the game FAR FAR more than what it adds, and I hope that with Parkor 2.0, this abomination is removed.

Honest question. If you openly admit that you don't care about what I think is cool and what I enjoy, why should I care about what you (don't) enjoy? Since you have destroyed any appeal to emotional empathy I might have for you wishes with that, then all is left are any rational arguments you might have. And the closest thing to an attempt to make one you seem to have consists of trying sell you subjective idea of desired gameplay as the objectively superior and mistaking symptoms of legitimate issues for the disease.

When I play the game, I want to PLAY the game, not have to keep up with some rushing !. If I wanted to play a game that was over in 5 seconds, I would go play no other game ever, because that's just stupid. It really dose not help new players, it dose not make the game fun, and it most deftly dose not make it a co-op game.

Ninjas are not fast. They are slow, and methodical. They are stealthy. They do not run past every single enemy going 'NA NA, CAN'T CATCH ME'.

Please DE, can you fix this anti-social behavior in your game so we can get back to actually having to use teamwork....

Symptom, not the disease again. In a group, people will have different ideas about how to play. That's the risk you accept when you just jump in a public game with groupfinder making a random team for you.

I find it ironic that a person accusing others of anti-social behavior can't find a group of friends to play the game how you like and is instead trying to force his way upon everybody else - his way or highway.

Because to get your wish, you would need to remove all movement based abilities that can enable rushing, which would quite rightfully earn you a hearty middle finger from the great majority of playerbase.

You can't fight symptoms and expect something to truly change, you need to got to the bottom of it. I'm actually quite sympathetic to your goal here, I'm just disgusted at your desired self-absorbed and entitled method of just wanting to force everybody to play the way you prefer to play, because obviously everyone who wants to play otherwise is simply wrong and doesn't really know what they want and need you to tell them the good news about the type of gameplay that they actually enjoy whether they enjoy it or not.

Why do people rush? Is that because anyone who does is antisocial? Or maybe it's because of the needs of farming and drop table? Maybe if I rush ahead to assassinate Alad V in Jupiter and leave any poor newbies behind to their own devices is that I really need that one freaking Neural Sensor to get that Forma building before I go to sleep, because you always need to have a Forma building for every 24 hours cycle, if you want to have any hope of keeping up with maxing your arsenal as you level your gear and don't want to buy them for platinum that costs real money I might not be rich enough to spend on it? And that during the last two runs when I did it more slowly and waited and helped the slower guys and newbies and didn't get any freaking Neural Sensors for my trouble?

Why not run them solo you might ask? Well, half the times you might get other medium-high Mastery guys that are also farming Neural Sensors and are actually a nice help of getting a one a little faster. A mutually beneficial rush, how antisocial of us.

Or maybe why don't I more methodologically search around the area for containers and secrets? I did, at first. Then the rewards stopped being worth it at higher Mastery. Outside of Sabotage, it's not worth it. The probability for rare containers to appear is too minuscule to ever bother hope for. Kubrow nest drops? Pathetic, don't you know that you are supposed to buy the eggs for plat?

Basically, if you end in a team where three out of four just want to fast farm the reward, because that's what's often just necessary and you insist on being entertained by your slow and methodical way, then which one here exactly is the antisocial one that is not appreciating the wishes of those around him?

Why are you campaigning to take away some acrobatic ability from the players as if that would fix something? Why are you not campaigning at DE to adjust rewards, drop tables, and build times to make the speed farm less necessary and optimal, to make exploration and killing enemies on non-Exterminate missions more rewarding, to give you more options with groupfinder. Maybe to skip "find group" and go in yourself first to get a head start in Captures and Spy if that's what you want? maybe even selectable self-preferences for looking for a "slow" or "fast" group for missions?

Literally so many things I could think of just now to recommend to DE, to get to the root of the issue, instead of being obsessed with coptering of all things.

*copters away*

Edited by IronRoby

I wholeheartedly agree. It needs to be removed. 

1. It looks stupid as hell.

2. It breaks immersion.

3. It punishes those who do not know how to do it.

4. It punishes those who refuse to do it.

5. It forces people to try their hardest to keep up.

6. Rushers who go down complain that their team is too slow and/or did not help them.

7. Makes it easy to skip gunfights, which is wrong.

8. Makes it easy to complete objectives, which is wrong. 

9. Some people actually like having to fight their way through the various rooms.

10. Some people actually like having to fight their way to reach their ojective.

11. Some people actually don't want to look stupid while breaking immersion.

The list just goes on and on. The only people disagreeing are the people who exploit it.

I also hope Parkour 2.0 removes it. No twisting of words will justify it's existence, sorry. 

Edited by Tymerc

How about TheJagji stops dictating how people should play the game and accept that there will always be people who prefer different playstyles?

Coptering has been acknowledged by DE as an actual feature of the game, so it can't really be an exploit and it won't be going anywhere with the updated parkour. Kindly go elsewhere with your vapid distaste for other players' preferences in game speed.

This is also coming from someone who rarely copters. I'm personally more a fan of slipping (slide-flipping).

Edited by Kestral9999

This sounds more like a problem with who you play with. You must understand that you dont progress the mission whatsoever, by taking your time and killing everything. In fact, with rescue missions, they produce the quickest rewards, and credits, so you should either expect to enter a mission with that mindset, because that is the overwhelming majority in my experience, or you should not go to public games. Control who you play with. I personally like coptoring, and directional melee. 

I'd be more concerned that directional melee is faster than, and goes higher than Super Jump. When standard gameplay actions render powers pointless, that's when I think Coptering or Directional Melee become a problem.

I guess I treat them like Thors hammer.

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

As opposed to what?

2. It breaks immersion.

Really? Immersion? Hahahahahah.

L2P

Hahahhahaha. Really? So, if I refuse to shoot, I should demand other people not shoot?

Or how about sticking to melee only. LOL

Even more LOL. Because you lose what if you dont keep up?

6. Rushers who go down complain that their team is too slow and/or did not help them.

So, lets silence the EVIL rushers!  Just stop playing WF already..

Grieframe. More Griefers asking to make the game more of a grind than it already is and make it more boring.

I already stopped giving a S#&$, but ill stick around until they remove void,.

BTW, it isnt wrong.

Next...

9. Some people actually like having to fight their way through the various rooms.

Than those people can play solo or form squads, or those people so pathetic losers, they cant even form a squad ?

10. Some people actually like having to fight their way to reach their ojective.

Next...

Those people are stupid if they think that.

The list just goes on and on. The only people disagreeing are the people who exploit it.

The only people who support your ideas are 10 year olds with a lobotomy.

I also hope Parkour 2.0 removes it. No twisting of words will justify it's existence, sorry. 

Dont care, I wont be around for that once they remove void anyway. So if it happens, have fun,

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

2. It breaks immersion.

1. who cares if they look stupid if they are having fun? dont like the way it looks? dont do it then.

2. immersion in a game where you carry around a pocket rocket launcher that shoots about 10 missiles at once and can turn into water. right.

3. those that dont know how to do it will learn in time if they want to.

4. those that refuse to do it have other methods of rushing and if that isnt their thing, then that is their choice.

5. no one is forcing you to do anything, if you would rather sit in a corner and spawnkill grineer, thats your choice.

6. people that go down and complain while miles ahead of everyone else are just A******s. that is a personal problem with them, not the mechanic.

7. why is skipping gunfights wrong? if all of my weapons are maxed, fighting will get me nothing.

8. not all objectives are made easier because of coptering, like defense, spy, hijack, mobile defense, survival, and exterminate.

9. and if that is what people prefer, they can fight through those rooms, the enemies will still be there from everyone else coptering past.

10. read number 9.

11. if you dont want to look stupid or break immersion, then dont. no one is forcing you.

and for the record, those of you that are saying it is a bug or exploit, DE said that with melee 2.0 it was going to be made into a proper mechanic. that is why it is more reliable than before 2.0, anything with a high attack speed is usually good for coptering.

And while we are at it, why dont we make everyone have the same movement speed. I really hate when there is a Loki user in the group. It looks stupid, how fast his little legs move. It punishes those that dont have Loki. It punishes those that refuse to use Loki. It forces you to work hard just to keep up. Makes it easy to skip gunfights by just running by. Makes it easy to complete objectives, which is wrong. Some people like taking their time and moving slow (So I want to punish others for it). Some people dont want to look stupid while running with quick little legs. 

2. It breaks immersion.

You... you are right, it might make you feel silly things like being some sort of a void abomination who can do things like stop time by just stomping hard enough or fly under their own power.

It might break the immersion that you are playing Battlefield 4351: The Call of Lotus as a normal boy next door soldier getting caught in a war fighting for your country and your family. A developing badass, but still ultimately a normal guy, like you or me could maybe be in a similar situation, just trying to do his best to survive.

Just make sure to always keep your head down and remember to use the cover mechanic. 

Edited by IronRoby

I love coptering. There is nothing like the added speed to make you feel like you are playing an action game. And is a great way to cross difficult terrain.

People complaining about rushers, remember: the guys far ahead are missing all the rewards for playing slowly. Right?

Edited by steak

Maps are not big. your all just impatient.

How can I play how I want, when people are exploiting to get though the game? Its like saying someone should stop being black because everyone else is white.

Have you ever thought that maybe, there is a reason why somebody is rushing? Wait until you need massive amounts of credits to build warframes/weapons, trade tax, fuse mods and have to run the same mission 50-100 times so you can get said credits and resources. It becomes a chore and waste of time to take in all the scenery, get miniscule amounts of credits from chests/ vaults and trying to be efficient at the same time.

This game and EVERY MMO EVER MADE is based on PROGRESSION, so rushing wether it be in WoW, PoE, Destiny etc... will ALWAYS remain a constant.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Edited To Reflect Forum Rules

I do actually hope coptering gets nerfed and an alternative presents itself in Parkour 2.0. I don't want to have to run a Tipedo or a Zoren or a whatever to keep up with everyone and avoid becoming a liability. Besides, coptering and airslashing are way too effective at making parkour obsolete.

I do actually hope coptering gets nerfed and an alternative presents itself in Parkour 2.0. I don't want to have to run a Tipedo or a Zoren or a whatever to keep up with everyone and avoid becoming a liability. Besides, coptering and airslashing are way too effective at making parkour obsolete.

You can't become a liability to the team by going slower. Did someone told you that? Did other players coerce you into keeping up? If someone did, that would be a real problem. Otherwise, non copters were never a problem for rushers/copters.

I had quite a few go to melee weapons since I started playing and not all of those were fast. But I don't feel the need to to be on top of my teamates to play with them.

Edited by steak

You can't become a liability to the team by going slower. Did someone told you that? Did other players coerce you into keeping up? If someone did, that would be a real problem. Otherwise, non copters were never a problem for rushers/copters.

Actually a slower advancing rearguard can be an advantage to the team by not putting all your eggs to the same bucket. Once I had two squad mates rush ahead and me advancing more slowly in my Rhino, then a Bombard got them both down with one shot. But I was forewarned an got there just in time to Stomp and revive them both.

As can rushers benefit the whole team in the not putting all your eggs into the same bucket strategy too. One other time, the only reason we didn't waste a 40 min T4 Survival and kept our xp and rewards was because I was fast enough to get to extract when all the others died in the way to the huge mob gathered from many spawn points chasing us. I extracted before the two minute limit for other to get their rewards run out and just before that huge cluster of enemies caught up with me and arrived to extract.

Actually, even if some rushers leaves a newbie far behind to die in the middle of a mission, paradoxically if they can rush the mission fast enough, the newbie will still get his rewards and is actually rather carried through than left behind. And that's now, with the policy during the oldtimer rusher became rushers, a M0 could get killed in the first step and still benefit from all the mission rewards a high level rushers would bring them, often within the time they left the game running and took a toilet break.

Edited by IronRoby