Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akjagara The Mosted Expensive Gun In Warframe And Its Meh.

(PSN)Draconis1981

Unless they hotfixed changed it, RoF for semi is now capped at 10. This effectively makes them about the same.

Which now makes it even more ridiculous that they cost that much more and you get less.  The recoil on the Akjagara is ridiculous compared to the Akbolto. More recoil, less ammo, or a slower fire rate would have been fine if they did more damage but they do not - literally penalties applied with no gains.

The Panthera is the same way. It is, to most people, way worse than the Miter despite its costs. I am now hearing the same thing about the Ripkas as well.  They are good - but not as good as they should be for what they consume in the process.

i love these guns u gotta use them close range or long range with steady hands im at 904 dmg per shot with a 90% status chance I like these I mean its no rakta marelok or gamacor but its probably the best dual wield pistols imo could use a dmg buff but its not necessary

this is incorrect. max firerate for semis has been hardcapped at 10. therefore the akjagara wins by a good margin.

Edited by Pythadragon

AkJagara is not a bad weapon at all, I have one that I use for level 60-80 npcs. Even if it sacrifices a mod slot for steady-hands it is a solid weapon. It is so easy to get a viral (or anything) proc on a target because of the number of impacts from a single trigger pull. It is better in some ways than both Akbolto and Telos and it's due to the high damage per hit and the proc chance. 

Fire-rate was capped at 10; This cap barely affects Ajagara, yet it lowers the DPS of Telos and Akbolto by a lot. That update leveled the playing field and AkJagara damage + DPS is among the best of the semi autos in game.

Edited by LazyKnight

I dont mind the high recoil because that means that only higher skilled players can use it to its full potential. I enjoy using it, I can effectively use it mid range.

Its a strong weapon but I dont like the idea that I have to put a lot of effort to control the recoil and keep the fire rate up for it to be equal or fall short of the Vaykor Marelok. I like the concept of a weapon thats harder to control but makes up for it in sheer power, it could just use a little more power.

it might be expensive to get from the scratch, but for someone that is progressing through weapons from a mr0 it costs... normal

you get yerself a dual skana that you use, you get yerself an akbolto that you use and then lo - you can make an akjagara once you're done with the two

you guys just look at its cost because you already had a dual skana and an akbolto, so making them again is worthless for you

Not every weapon introduced into Warframe will be built to dominate the void over half an hour into a survival, regardless of the price or MR needed to acquire it.  For the most part, if it can get a player through the star chart and the first rotation of void rewards, it's good enough.  Even the Braton can accomplish this.

Also, I like to think a weapon having a major but correctable flaw is a good thing to have on guns.  Many guns are "powerful" because people can afford to just shove damage mods onto it without asking themselves if whether or not they can get away without a utility "band-aid" mod.  The Soma (+prime) might not look it, but vital hit and point strike act as that weapons "band-aid" mods, since its kind of so-so otherwise.  This fact is just hidden because of how effective these two band-aids are for the weapon in increasing its otherwise lack luster damage, where as steady hands doesn't get to hide behind the "increases damage" mental barrier, even if it does translate to better accuracy, which means more reliable damage output.  I fit a quick draw onto my AKMagnus because 3 seconds to reload is just too dang long for how fast I can empty their... clips?  I think I can actually use the term "clips" in their case anyway.

Of course, some utility mods do suck.  I'd love to use magazine extensions on some guns, but 30% is often too small for weapons with small magazines, just as one example.

Edited by Littleman88

see where your coming from but gamma core, brakk, marelok even the newly buffed ballistica. was the akjagara on that list of beasts for anyone? anyone? No. It is a bad weapon, it has few redeeming qualities for such and expensive gun and even modded its just ok. Not a world beater. For the same number of forma to make it ok how does it stack up against the more popular side arms? The answer is simple it doesn't and that brings me neatly back to, Have you seem how much it COSTS?

see where your coming from but gamma core, brakk, marelok even the newly buffed ballistica. was the akjagara on that list of beasts for anyone? anyone? No. It is a bad weapon, it has few redeeming qualities for such and expensive gun and even modded its just ok. Not a world beater. For the same number of forma to make it ok how does it stack up against the more popular side arms? The answer is simple it doesn't and that brings me neatly back to, Have you seem how much it COSTS?

Yes.  The four weapons you're referring to aren't precisely on the natural track for a newbie to progress towards, and that's not to mention blatant balancing issues that make them go-to guns.  The brakk requires farming Gustrag.  The Synoid Gamma core and Rakta Ballistica require syndicate.  The Marelok requires research.  Can these barriers be bypassed with a little plat/and or joining the right clan in the Marelok's case?  Sure can.  Is the AKJagara available via creating a bunch of easy to build weapons the new player is likely to treat as mastery fodder anyway?  Yup.

Cost =/= power any more than MR or method of acquirement do.  Not everything built for WF is built with its MR18 players in mind.  In fact, I think the player base has proven time and time again in recent history that doing so at all is stupid - they only want to spend at most 16 minutes on "long term" goals.

Here's a fun fact though - no one is really required to use the Brakk, Gammacor, Ballistica or Marelok.  No one is really required to stack for maximum damage output.  No one is really required to go hours into a survival or dozens of waves into a defense.  They choose to do these things.  These decisions are way out DE's ability to control, short of cheap tricks like CC immunities for higher level enemies and turning every spawned hostile into a corrupted nullifier, bombard, or heavy gunner.  Building every single item to match weapons that are woefully OP isn't the right approach, and nerfing these woefully OP items isn't precisely necessary either - most guns fully and properly modded are overkill in most areas of the game.  The AKJagara's dominate the star chart and early/first rotation TIII/TIV void quite handily.  That's enough.

interesting view point and yes ok take your point about my favourites being a little out of reach for the low rank guys and girls but seriously are you trying to tell me that a fresh out the box player has the list of mats needed to make these? I don't think so judging by the  newbies I run with atm. Your argument is taken a bit to the extreme with the spawn thing. I'm not asking for all guns to be aimed at me (mr18) just the ones that have a ridiculous cost and are obviously out of reach for the little guy. These are a perfect example.

210k credits I don't remember having that for a long time in warframe. 7 Orokin cells so Saturn or what t3 survivals? not exactly excal mr0 territory.

2 morphics and 4 neurodes ok maybe with abit of luck early on but seriously your trying to tell me this a lower rank weapon?

sorry but I think in this case I've got you. It was obviously meant for higher rank players, its expensive and poor for what you get.

Edited by (PS4)Draconis1981

They do not really need the base recoil they currently have. Since it fires so many bullets it ends up being a shot-gun at ranges beyond a 10-15 meters range.  It has two flaws if compared to Telos, and normal Akbolto, with its accuracy and recoil. Only one can be fixed with a mod, but the other is just how the guns behaves.

They are by no means a bad weapon, but it requires both a catalyst and some forma to fix the problem while still being able to do decent damage. The first impression this pistol set would give to the first time use would probably be bad for just the recoil reason. Would they even bother to stick with it?

These pistol ranks as one of my favorites, so I am biased. I use it Brakk or Marelok for higher level ranges.

Edited by LazyKnight

interesting view point and yes ok take your point about my favourites being a little out of reach for the low rank guys and girls but seriously are you trying to tell me that a fresh out the box player has the list of mats needed to make these? I don't think so judging by the  newbies I run with atm. Your argument is taken a bit to the extreme with the spawn thing. I'm not asking for all guns to be aimed at me (mr18) just the ones that have a ridiculous cost and are obviously out of reach for the little guy. These are a perfect example.

210k credits I don't remember having that for a long time in warframe. 7 Orokin cells so Saturn or what t3 survivals? not exactly excal mr0 territory.

2 morphics and 4 neurodes ok maybe with abit of luck early on but seriously your trying to tell me this a lower rank weapon?

sorry but I think in this case I've got you. It was obviously meant for higher rank players, its expensive and poor for what you get.

No, you didn't get me.  Not at all.  Lato > Bolto,  "Hrmmm... I want AKBolto" > AKBolto > AKJagara.  None of these weapons are at all difficult to make.  Yes, there is some grinding involved (have you played Warframe lately?) but they are FAR from being out of reach of the new guys.  TIII void is much further out of reach than the AKJagara's ever will be.  Will it be among some of the first weapons they get?  Not likely.  Will it be among the last?  Far from it.

Mostly, the huge recoil is there to get players to consider steady hands or cope with it.  GET.  USED.  TO.  IT.  DE created these mods for a reason.  It defeats the purpose of said mods to create every weapon ever to never need them.  Synoid Gammacor's ammo efficiency issues?  There are mods that can help with that, but people won't ever consider anything that doesn't translate directly to damage.

The player base is the problem.  Not the guns, their power, cost, or flaws.

Edited by Littleman88

More accurately, the playerbase's responses to the game's rules (i.e., the damage trumps all mindset) are part of the problem. It's the rather belter-smelter and directionless state that the game is currently in that is also part of the problem. There's a big rift between how weapons used to be made and the direction DE wants to take them in, so when DE brings the weapon more in line with their current vision, and when relics of older versions of the game like the stable/high-damage Akbolto also exist, most players aren't going to see a reason to use the weapon with giant recoil. Recent changes to the synoid Gammacor seem to indicate that DE themselves are uncertain of how to navigate that rift between newer and older weapons.

The recent Excal nerfs can be seen as another marker of DE and the playerbase's uncertainty over the present state of Warframe. Do we want to keep weapons and frames simplistic farming machines, or do we want to introduce new, more dynamic ways to kill things? More importantly, how do we do that?

Edited by Noble_Cactus