Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement And Shooting Mechanics Bugged. (Isn't Warframe Run'n Gun Anymore? Did The Game Become Walk'n Run?)

NotoMaru

Edit:

Stealthfixed with Hotfix 16.1.3, since it wasn't mentioned in the patchnotes hopefully DE was aware of that bug so it wont show up again. Anyway thanks DE!

Run'n gun feels extremly broken. Shooting while sprinting aborts sprint. Start sprinting while shooting aborts shooting.

As a result of this there's some strange behavior happening:

Sprint + Jump + Slide + Shooting will abort the slide animation with the character floating in midair doing the crouch animation with the shootinganimation pointed to the ground.

Starting to sprint&slide will abort shooting, trying to shoot again will then abort sprint&slide which results in a sit-standup-shoot-motion.

Its even more weird with automatic weapons, you can start shooting then start run+slide and you will shoot while sliding, releasing the slide-button will stop shooting while keep running, pressing the slide-button again will start slide and shooting.

Movement should lower the mobs accuracy but at the same time our movement/shooting ability gets restricted, so it seems here is an essential gameplay mechanic broken.

I suppose this is a bug and needs to be fixed.

Edited by NotoMaru

I don't think it's a bug. Shooting while sprinting have no sense and would make us ultimate gods of firearms. In other words - OP. And with enemies being less accurate the more you move... It's how it should be. You want to shoot enemy - stop and take a second to shoot at him, you want to dodge - go dodge. Simple as that, just like in many other games.

Edited by Artek94

If its making us OP then it needs to be adjusted with enemy accuracy, but making movement/shooting restrictions is the wrong way.

You want to shoot enemy - stop and take a second to shoot at him, you want to dodge - go dodge. Simple as that, just like in many other games.

Whats next? Completly restrict movement if you want to shoot something?...Just NO.

We have all the movment and parcour running in warframe what makes it different to many other games

and we should be able to use that mobility to our advantage.

I really hope this is only a bug and gets fixed soon.

Edit:

I just found something in the HotFix 11.5.3 patchnotes:

• Fixed aiming and shooting knocking you out of a wallrun or slide.

Full Patch notes here

So DE, please fix.

Edited by NotoMaru

• 4 months later...

I just came back since around 2 or 3 updates ago and found this a problem on infested missions.  I thought my controller controls were bugged so tried keyboard mouse and it's the same. It was really annoying doing the Patient Zero quest in the tight areas jam packed with infested you can't outrun while shooting.