Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dex Dakra Look...awkward.

Aeronus

I love these designs. They look fantastic. But after Rebbeca's tweet with the scissors earlier, I was expecting these majestic swords to be crossed on the back, as a lot of twin sword weapons should be. The dakra on your hip looks incredibly awkward. DE, this is an intervention. A lot of swords need this rework. The Kamas could certainly use it, alongside the ichors and a few others. Please consider. The dakra will look amazing crossed.

I love these designs. They look fantastic. But after Rebbeca's tweet with the scissors earlier, I was expecting these majestic swords to be crossed on the back, as a lot of twin sword weapons should be. The dakra on your hip looks incredibly awkward. DE, this is an intervention. A lot of swords need this rework. The Kamas could certainly use it, alongside the ichors and a few others. Please consider. The dakra will look amazing crossed.

MN5e3GD.png

I'm here exactly for the same reason. In their current position, there's ridiculous amount of clipping, and it looks just awkward. Putting them both on back, either crossed, or parallel, or even on both sides of hips, like with Nikana, would look MUCH better.

qNd14lk.jpg

I was looking for a thread exactly like this one. They look horrible as they are now. These beautiful Darka need a better holster for sure. I was waiting for a couple of swords that crossed on my back since Melee 2.0 came out, and I was really hoping to have these Dex Dakra carried that way (I wanted a new stance too, but maybe we'll get that in the future)

Here is an overview of the three main ideas I am seeing posted. All three look much better than the default:

5qs.png

Another perspective:

5qu.png

Great Work! The crossed/straight ones are the best imo.

And this should lead DE to think... Hmmm maybe we should offer holster options. MO Plat, mo plat. I would buy some of these shown by egregiousRac for sure

-parrallel on back

-one on each hip

-parallel by diagnal on back

-both on a single hip.

all are great.

I'm here exactly for the same reason. In their current position, there's ridiculous amount of clipping, and it looks just awkward. Putting them both on back, either crossed, or parallel, or even on both sides of hips, like with Nikana, would look MUCH better.

qNd14lk.jpg

You can't use Saryn as an example for clipping issues, she's notorious for clipping issues. I could post how great they look on my Banshee, but I won't then proclaim what a terrific job they did with the positioning on all the frames.

what everyone is forgetting is that the primary is also vertical on your back. you can't have both on back like that. so i think the hips one is better suited since secondaries are on the thigh and the dakra can sit right above the secondary

Think of Nikana kind of height?

Here is an overview of the three main ideas I am seeing posted. All three look much better than the default:

5qs.png

Another perspective:

5qu.png

a thousand times yes

what would be super awesome? if we had a choice in weapon holster positions

just like how we can choose different idle animations now for plat, think about it DE, make the smart move and give yourself more avenues for players to spend plat, stop pigeonholing us

Yeah, default looks pretty dumb.  It's clearly a position designed for a long blade and a shorter blade.  Which doesn't translate well to holding two long blades.

Straight or crossed on the back, or sheathed at the hips, any of those look better than the default.