Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual "swords": Dual Ichors Vs Dex Dakra

(PSN)xX-GunHound-Xx

With the advent of the new Dex Dakra, I've come to realize, actually, I've known for quite some time now, that the Dual Ichors continue to hold the spot as the best Dual Swords in its category. Why are axes better than the actual Dual Swords? Shouldn't they be a separate entity as opposed to the Dex Dakra, and therefore be viable in their own right.

Technically, the Dex Dakra should be the best weapon in their class, but The Ichors holds that spot, and they're not even swords!

Each weapon has its own niche; Dakra Prime is the best single sword weapon, the Ripkas are "arguably" the best claws, and Kronen are the best of the tonfas, considering they are the only one of their kind, so far.

Most of these weapons I've named and others I haven't, are good and fit the stances perfectly.

So At least, can the Dual Swords be good at what they are, and can we get a separate stance for the axes. Cause right now, even the weakest of the Dual axes ( Dual Cleavers ) are better than the best Dual Swords.

The Dex Dakra are awesome, but as how I see it. Once the hype is over, people will gravitate back to the Ichors, regardless or not if they have the highest slide damage.

Range? Not everything is about DPS. I have not had the opportunity to mess with Dual Dakra yet, but they are, as you say. Dual swords, thus they have more range while Dual Ichors, dual aces, have a small range. Just look at Orthos Prime, many people main it not due to DPS, but its huge range.

Yea, i too was a little bit discouraged by this "little" damage output that dex dakra's are doing, and on top of that - that placement that they have - is just ridiculous. Just look at that.

2077w9j.jpg

I feel discouraged about learning russian, jeez, jokes aside they're really good, just not the best; i can achieve 1k+ in the stats screen with 55% status chance, factor in crit chance and dmg on the ichors and their output will be nearly the same, only with less status since you give up that for crit mods. The thing is the speed, ichors have like double the speed when you consider berserk.

Placement, yeah, looks atrocious.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

my two gripes atm would be that they feel slow. i understand why they're slower, but urgh. and that the Ground Smash seems to be unable to knock down Enemies. a neat Radial Stagger, but if i can't knock them down, that means Ground Finishers are out of the question unless you use Blast Damage.

they have more range

maybe.

i'm still not sure at this point. if they do, it's not a lot more.

I've actually been using a berserk build with them and it's been working very well, able to handle grineer up to level 60 without any forma. I'm not saying that they couldn't use a bit of a buff, though. just 5% more crit chance would be nice

It is a slide weapon like Kronen.

You are supposed to copter with this weapon for kills.

Slide here slide back.

If you can copter at face level of the enemy you are rewarded.

Why you guys can't adapt to a weapon that is designed to be coptered ?!

With that logic, why even give them combos? The stance system becomes completely redundant and I think that's the LAST thing DE wants to move away from.

Yeah tell that to all the Glaive and Redeemer players I know.

How often they use the combos, yeah tell me about that lawl. 

Oh wait just look at the Bo Prime, do people actually combo with that thing ?

Well nope, the stance itself blow. We used it for the absurd directional melee and status chance.

Combos are fancy but outside of pure melee game play they are largely irrelevant. Because why do I need to put myself in that position when I can do it easier with guns ? Even with Chroma, i still do far more damage standing in the open, let everyone shoot at me and shooting my guns. I don't even need to chase them down since enemies will hunker down and won't attempt to run away unless i charge them with a melee weapon.

The only reason why Swirling Tiger was bearable was because of dual ichors.

Once berzerker ticks, you will always pull off the 7 hit combo since you don't need to pause anymore.

But do we need everything to be Berzerker based ?

Lastly using Combo is a choice and it is as valid as me choosing not to use combos since I find most of them tacky.

I much rather quick melee my Dakra Prime than switch to pure melee and do that flashy but slooooooow 3 hit combo.

Edited by fatpig84

That's EXACTLY what my topic was and is about. The fact that Swirling Tiger, a SWORD stance is used on something that isn't even dual swords, the dual ICHORS. And melee as a whole, is alright, but still isn't worth it. I want to use something that is. And the only way for that to happen, is a complete stamina overhaul, where blocking actually works into late game, the combo counter being lowered, because as of now, it takes TOO long to get 3x damage, and then to maintain it, and a slew of other things, but I want to keep that to a minimum, because this is about sword stances and why axes use it.

Also, it's not about Berserker being the only way to go, it's about the ability to use anything besides Berserker. Everybody wants speed on there weapon, especially if the damage is low/ If the combo counter works better as intended, then that mod wouldn't have to be an option, a simple Fury mod would.

I love melee, it's just that it's still flawed, mostly for those reasons.

And combos on the stances, some offer great bonuses, but there are only a few that do. It needs to be expanded upon, make going in closer to enemies where you would want to avoid, a WANT, not a tolerance.

I also quite enjoy the stance for bo prime. Flailing branch can be hard to use, but after a while you get used to it, and can mow through enemies, but that's just my opinion, for I may be somewhat biased to the situation.

Edited by (PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx