Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ludicrous Cpu Load On Start

ItalianDragon

Hello everyone

I noticed since today that whenever I start Warframe for no apparent reason whatsoever the CPU usage spikes to an utterly ludicrous level as all 8 logical cores hit 100%. At first I tried to check the download cache and optimize it with no avail. I tried a system reboot and a full game reinstall. All these steps proved fruitless in resolving this issue.

Upon further investigation the crazy high CPU load seems to stick around for about a minute or so before going back to normal levels. It is however EXTREMELY annoying and that goes without mentioning that it could be potentially harmful for the CPU in the long run. Other demanding games run just fine and Warframe is apparently the only one affected.

Just to make it clear, yesterday the game was running just fine and it has always done so (in fact yesterday I went through three hours of void farming to get Volt Prime parts and never had a single issue).

DE could you look into the issue ?
Thanks a lot :)

Edited by ItalianDragon

Update to my own post so that everyone can see: the culprit was Raptr and its streaming service. It automatically capture any stream coming from any game that is recognized by it and in doing so tanks completely the performance. ;)
Warframe is not the culprit here :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue! I couldn't figure out for the life of me why my computer was lagging like crazy (30% load with Warframe open).

I closed Raptr and suddenly everything is smooth again. pls

Glad my post helped ;)

To fix htis and still use Raptr find the .exe that is used to record the stream and delete it. The open the notepad, type in a bunch of mumbo jumbo ( just random crap really) and save it as the same file you just erased from Raptr's folder ( and ofc save it with the .exe extension instead of .txt) and drop it in the Raptr folder ;)

Just to make clear high CPU load is not hurting anything it is only annoying, for you.

These Processors are designed to handle this kind of loads, don't be scared that you will burn your processor :) .

If your cooler is bad or has heating issues, that burns your Processor, replace it and or undust it.

Overclocking results in a loss of Cpu life but not that it takes like 75% of its total life more like 5% +-.

Warframe tends to have load spikes when you start levels and start Warframe itself it has to initialize all processes and has to utilize some parts of your GPU and ram to load in, this results in a load spike that takes more CPU cycles 

Raptr is a bad piece of software to use, it tends to use too much more CPU cycles than it needs to.

Although rapter is not going to use lots of CPU cycles when you are playing normally, its just Warframe when it loads in its processes it just tends to spike.

I have performance issues also with Warframe and I really want to see that it will utilize the GPU more noting it is CPU bound.

Chao, The Roaring Lion Warlord of Shadow Lords

Edited by TheRoaringLion