Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Nerf The Nerf On Synoid Gammacor

Genoscythe

Enraging a great part of the community, synoid gammacor has been heavily nerfed recently, and I mean HEAVILY.

While its base damage is not affected, its ammo pool is, making it consume ammo at a frightening speed.

Actually its ammo consumption is so high that you can barely play it without a nekros in your team or ammo restores.

Its range is already very limited giving it already a heavy drawback.

I think the ammo consumption should be reverted to around 3.5-4.5x instead of 7.5. make it usable again.

Because vakyor marelok or brakk are not so different, however those didnt get a nerf.

(and are a hundred times more ammo eficient)

I mean even the rakta ballistica is a beast now, leave synoid alone.

I will prepare for the impact of many flame.

Edited by Genoscythe

Uh the Brakk did get a nerf in the form of damage falloff.

Now before I continue on, I'm not saying the Synoid Gammacore couldn't ever do with another look.  If you were willing to take a reduction to damage to regain some of that sustainability I'd have no reason to argue against that.  But its power is still pretty darn obscene compared to practically every other weaon in the entire game.

Suffice it to say, the range limiter on the Synoid Gammacore was not a feasibly appropriate drawback for a weapon of its raw power.  By looking at only straight numbers it wouldn't appear as though this weapon was more "broken" than the Brakk/Marelok, however stats don't tell the whole story.  So long as you were in range (which again, isn't even remotely hard) you could legitimately just sweep the SG across a field of foes and they'd all instantly die.  It's enormous magazine, pinpoint accuracy, moderate reload speed, and insanely low ammo draw all played into its ludicrous level of power.  By contrast, as strong as something like the Marelok is, it has a capped killing speed based on its fire rate and reload speed.  It can never dream of killing the same number of enemies as swiftly as the SG could've.  Same trend applies to the Brakk.

Before you go thinking I say this out of bias;  Lex Prime for life.

As it stands, the SG is still the absolute king of immediate burst damage without the need of a headshot/charge time across all weapons.  It's changed from its previous form of an infinite death ray to a limited death ray.  Thing is still a freaking death ray, you just are only able to utilize it for an apt level of time for that level of power.

Rather than having gone for the easy route of just wallopping its damage, DE went with an interesting route of hitting it in another area.  It's still a good and usable weapon so long as you are able to be conservative with it.  I actually prefer the balance changes that are more interesting as this one, opposed to the simple way of lower the statistical parameters.

Everything is up for change, even the newly nerfed SG.  But don't fool yourself into thinking it's weak now, or into believing it'll be buffed needlessly.

Edited by Bobtm

Nah, it's fine the way it's now. It's balanced now.

How is running out of ammo in under a minute considered balanced?

Edit: If the only way for a weapon to be considered balanced is it not being usable, then the weapon isn't actually balanced. If I have a gun that can oneshot anything in the game, only allowing me to use it occasionally doesn't make it any less gamebreakingly overpowered. Just like having a gun with infinite ammo that can't kill **** isn't balanced. The SG isn't even in a state where you only run out of ammo if you are careless, regular play will have you running out of ammo half way through if the mission requires you to do a lot of killing.

"Switch to your primary/melee" -What if I didn't bring one? Does the idea of players being able to play the game with any one weapon only apply to weapons that aren't the SG? I'm pretty sure that was part of DE's intention when they gave us the sword alone concept.

enormous magazine, pinpoint accuracy, moderate reload speed

And instead of nerfing ANY of these, they chose to nerf the one thing that allows players to actually use their weapon reliably for any real length of time? I wouldn't mind a damage nerf, but it isn't necessary. Revert the ammo consumption nerf, and instead nerf its reload speed, magazine size, and give it beam wobble. Those three combined with its limited range (which is a drawback outside the smaller tilesets contrary to popular nerf-caller belief).

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

How is running out of ammo in under a minute considered balanced?

And instead of nerfing ANY of these, they chose to nerf the one thing that allows players to actually use their weapon reliably for any real length of time? I wouldn't mind a damage nerf, but it isn't necessary. Revert the ammo consumption nerf, and instead nerf its reload speed, magazine size, and give it beam wobble. Those three combined with its limited range (which is a drawback outside the smaller tilesets contrary to popular nerf-caller belief).

Start using Ammo Mutation, or heaven forbid, swap to another weapon while you gather up ammo for it. This is not a problem limited to the Synoid Gammacor, and yet people keep trying to treat it like it is -- almost every single full-auto secondary is notoriously ammo-hungry. You don't really see complaints about them.

DE wont unnerf it. The idea was to make people 4-5 forma another weapon now sinoid DPS was brough to ground. That is how PWE works, get used to it.

You're aware that both the Gammacor and Synoid Gammacor were complete garbage on release, right? And they were buffed too far?

This is not "how PWE works". Overbuffing is common and is not limited to this game.

Edited by Vargras

Dex Furis reminded me that the Synoid Gammacor is far from having severe ammo issues.

It kept the damage, so you can still one-shot tons of enemies in a single click.

Basically it's more punishing if you use the spray-and-pray style, but is still manageable with burst-fire.