Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Obliterating Lvl80 Bombards In Few Shots

Monolake

That's funny op. I took my 4 forma Synoid mod with corrosive to T1S. At around 30 minute, it took me 30 bullet to kill an heavy gunner. I test it many time and it took the same amount of ammo. Which lead me to conclude...

1) You have better trigger control than me

Or

2) The HP and armor of that level 80 in raid was nerfed compare to void mission

Need I also mention network lag and insane ROF will easily make you consume more ammo than intended due to overshoot. Just because it took you only 5 bullet, doesn't mean its the same for everyone else.

Some people cant even read or try to ignore the facts. It took me 5 ammo with crit and about 10-15 ammo with no crits to kill those lvl80 bombards - some of the toughest enemies in the game. And I wasn't even tapping the trigger to save ammo and with far from maxed build.  That's pretty normal ammo economy.  BETTER than most other weapons, (like Cecura Dual Cestras for example, which are inaccurate and have worse DPS to boot)

You can kill a lvl 80 bombard with 1 shot even with a sybaris if you can score a headshot crit

Does that make it a good weapon? Hell no

Today we learn that 1-shotting a lvl80 Bombard means the weapon is not good.  

Please go on throwing logic and facts out of the window, it sure helps making a point.

[quote name="Monolake" post="4747821" timestamp="1427458361"

Today we learn that 1-shotting a lvl80 Bombard means the weapon is not good.  

Please go on throwing logic and facts out of the window, it sure helps making a point.

Well making a headshot is not hard but having to relly on crit chance is just like adding rng to gameplay

You critted a head shot, which means you did x8 the damage that you would normally do. Beam weapons have strange crits, in that the ENTIRE PULSE DURATION crits at the same time. However; the synoid only has a 10% crit chance. So... yeah, nice try, but numbers like that just aren't reliable.

Watch the ammo

ZHsR9ik.jpg

3x9pwbZ.jpg

How much did it consume? And I didn't even aim perfectly. And it took 1 second to kill this high-level enemy. So weak.

That's funny op. I took my 4 forma Synoid mod with corrosive to T1S. At around 30 minute, it took me 30 bullet to kill an heavy gunner. I test it many time and it took the same amount of ammo. Which lead me to conclude...

1) You have better trigger control than me

Or

2) The HP and armor of that level 80 in raid was nerfed compare to void mission

Need I also mention network lag and insane ROF will easily make you consume more ammo than intended due to overshoot. Just because it took you only 5 bullet, doesn't mean its the same for everyone else.

30 min is lvl ~30 which only have ~5000 hp and less armor. Yeah you waste ammo when you over-held the trigger, cant hold it down all the time like before.

Edited by Monolake

30 min is lvl ~30 which only have ~5000 hp and less armor. Yeah you waste ammo when you over-held the trigger, cant hold it down all the time like before.

That's why I test it many times. I stop holding the button as soon as I saw the heavy gunner fell down. The result is consistence. I doubt anyone can even do that in the heat of battle. Most people probably run out of bullet at the 5th target and have to reload. The thing is I could adopt a much more carefree playstyle with most of the top tier primary but I can't do that with any of the secondary weapon. If Synoid high DPS is the issue then nerf the higher than all primary DPS instead of completely changing the weapon playstyle. If I wanna took my time to aim, I would get myself a Vaykor

Edited by Neogeo

The Synoid Gammacor suffers heavily from overkill, which is ammo wasted between the time when the enemy actually dies to when you have realized the enemy is dead and stop shooting. Due to different animations and such it can take a second for your brain to process and you realize the enemy is now dead. And because the weapon fires so fast, in that short amount of time, you can waste 5-10 rounds.

Here is my crappy build btw, I don't find OP laser pointer fun so I only formad it once 

3itq13x.jpg

Watch the ammo

ZHsR9ik.jpg

3x9pwbZ.jpg

How much did it consume? And I didn't even aim perfectly. And it took 1 second to kill this high-level enemy. So weak.

Something doesn't add up here.  I used your exact build (actually, better than your build because I have more forma on it and I can afford to max everything), and I didn't get anything even REMOTELY close to that result in the simulacrum.  I was seeing in the range of 100 ammo spent to kill a level 80 bombard, and that was with some effort to flicker-pulse the beam.  Ammo cost is halved if the beam procs viral, of course, but that's still an order of magnitude off what you claim.

Wait, wait, slash procs. And the target doesn't have any armor because their health bar changed from yellow to red. You're using your Shuriken ability with the armor reducing augment, not the weapon by itself.  How is this a reasonable and accurate test of weapon performance?  Heck, if we allow warframe abilities into the mix, the freaking Lato can probably one-shot a level 80 enemy with enough Sonar on it.  :|

Edited by Momaw

The Synoid Gammacor suffers heavily from overkill, which is ammo wasted between the time when the enemy actually dies to when you have realized the enemy is dead and stop shooting. Due to different animations and such it can take a second for your brain to process and you realize the enemy is now dead. And because the weapon fires so fast, in that short amount of time, you can waste 5-10 rounds.

Exactly, saying that it only took 5 to 10 ammo mean nothing because nobody can react that fast. Amprex also had the same problem but at least Amprex hit multiple enemy at once

It always amuses me that it's the Founders who seem to be the least likely to know anything about Void meta.

I guess it's just a side effect of buying all of your guns instead of trying to earn them. You have no idea what getting them actually entails.

Because he "buys" all his guns you get to enjoy a F2P game and no one asks you even 1 cent. You can get everything by playing and trading. Not everyone has time to Grindframe. Some ppl treat this as a game and not their alternative reality where they spend most of their time in. Even so Plat is cheap. Esp with all those Lotus Discount Cupons. Why are you even whining? DE was nice enough to introduce trading for plat. If I were to take a marketing decision for the game I would limit all exclusive F2P players to the default slots and some mastery unlocks. You can play the game w/o having 10 color and 20 WF/Weapon slots. Again. What is your point? Go play a game with subscription if the F2P model bothers you. Those have no cashshop.

Anyway back on topic. Why are secondary weapons even comparable to primary ones? The point of having a Sidearm is to switch to it faster than you can reaload your primary/Run out of ammo on the primary weapon. I understand this game forces you toward power creep but hell. I leveled the Dex Dakra from 20 to 30 in a 60m T3S w/o switching weapons. Again. What is the problem here? You don't enjoy ammo-hose weapons? Switch to something else. No one really cares you formaed or potatoed it. I did mine x4 and a potato and I still use it as often as I did before. But most ppl posting this probably don't have any other alternative and they just got shut down from any high level content. Get ur game up Tenno. 

I must be the only guy who puts Seeker then.

No kidding my Gammacor has an 80% proc rate with seeker.

And I find it far more reliable than the Marelok in getting procs. since I only got elementals to choose from and lacking IPS.

Anyway back on topic. Why are secondary weapons even comparable to primary ones? The point of having a Sidearm is to switch to it faster than you can reaload your primary/Run out of ammo on the primary weapon.

Because this isn't COD or your average console shooter. The concept you're trying to draw doesn't necessary apply to warframe. A properly mod Boltor/Soma Prime won't run out of ammo and there's no reason to switch to secondary weapon. At least in other shooter, players would switch to secondary when they're reloading their rifle. The holster animation in warframe last too long for that purpose. I might as well just wait for my primary to reload. This has been one of the major criticism since day one but DE are reluctant to change that. Until they did, secondary weapon functionality is no different than primary weapon. Both of them serve the same purpose. Edited by Neogeo

youre just lucky to actually hit the soft spot dead on, other than that gammacor is garbage. its one thing to accidentally hit a high level enemy weakspot and say a weapon is op and its another thing to run out of ammo while searching for the critical spot on eximuses or heavies even when you have an ammo restore on and the proc type is the most damaging towards said enemy.

unfortunately the op is definitely making that up and a screenshot only shows a lucky crit on headshot on a weapon with low crit rate, MY synoid gammacor with the same build takes around 50 ammo to kill a lvl 50 bombard

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Something doesn't add up here.  I used your exact build (actually, better than your build because I have more forma on it and I can afford to max everything), and I didn't get anything even REMOTELY close to that result in the simulacrum.  I was seeing in the range of 100 ammo spent to kill a level 80 bombard, and that was with some effort to flicker-pulse the beam.  Ammo cost is halved if the beam procs viral, of course, but that's still an order of magnitude off what you claim.

Wait, wait, slash procs. And the target doesn't have any armor because their health bar changed from yellow to red. You're using your Shuriken ability with the armor reducing augment, not the weapon by itself.  How is this a reasonable and accurate test of weapon performance?  Heck, if we allow warframe abilities into the mix, the freaking Lato can probably one-shot a level 80 enemy with enough Sonar on it.  :|

Yes as I play solo I use augment reducing armor by 70%(HP bar turned red cause he got all his HP redused and killed,). With team you use 4 corrosive auras leaving enemies with no armor at all which would give you even better damage output (even 3 auras would be -90% armor).

And If you don't use corrosive auras it means you dont play highlevel and will never see these enemies at all.

you can get to that level enemies quite easily on certain defense/ excavations/ survivals and interception and even sab missions rather quickly. don't believe other players have not done this<< many of us done it so many times without the use of CP or frames that will alter the enemy's damage or armor/shields/health.

I rather use loki's invis and berserker stealth bonus as a damage multiplier than rely on CP in any given mission  as I know the damage of even my weakest weapon will actually hurt the enemy in 2-3 hits starting at the lowest 6k crits and 3800 slash/puncture and 1200 impact per hit to up in the tens or hundreds of thousands X amount of available enemies at a steady rate.

20 mins or 2k dig on triton and youll be above level 80 enemies, try it sometimes with your gamacor as your only weapon equipped and then re-assess your thoughts and claims on this weapon.

Edited by ranks21

It always amuses me that it's the Founders who seem to be the least likely to know anything about Void meta.

I guess it's just a side effect of buying all of your guns instead of trying to earn them. You have no idea what getting them actually entails.

The Void Meta is garbage. Its a pretend endgame. There is no reward but to let you do more of itself. It holds no value.

someone needs to make a mega thread so I can stop seeing these fools complaing that the gammacor is still endgame capable. 

its a pathetic, 3 year old mentality. boo hoo, this gun I dont like is really strong and can take people really far in missions I don't hardly run in long enough for it to effect me, break it so they cant use it anymore.

Its a secondary that is better than most of the primaries in the game even after nerf... Also endless missions are a joke and have no real value in balancing and honestly should be removed. Enemy scaling is a terrible mechanic.

Well, I semi-solved the S. Gamamcor ammo usage problem with a pulse trigger macro... no more over-kill, just tap, tap, kill, but I don't like how I'm relying on an outside computer program to do this...

I don't think DE intended for macros to be used like this, but such is life.

Edited by Pate8

It's not the damage that makes people mad, it's this habit DE has to turn weapons into ammo-eaters instead of actually thinking before nerfing. Or buffing sometimes for that matter...

And there are other weapons that kill bombards of that level with at least the same ease. Just saying.