Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma: God Awful Pixellated Mess(Extremely Low Res Textures Mostly On His Pelt)

Shreiko

MLEcBub.jpg

V6Nlbax.jpg

ySpVEpY.jpg

gNU0lms.jpg

BwKPKZf.jpg

These are just reference images, I am playing the game on max graphical settings, after spending a while comparing chroma to the other warframes I'm pretty sure this is a bug. The title and images explain themselves. Hopefully this isnt a difficult fix.

Alsohas DE considered upping the texture memory on warframe decals. The decorative lines on warframe bodies, at max settiings they still end up looking jagged sometimes. On the same note there is also a longstanding bug with immortal skins and the pixelated white lines that outline the skin decals. Is a fix in the works?

Having this issue as well. It has to be a bug. Hoping it gets fixed soon, looks really awkward having his details all blurry. They must have accidentally given us the console version of Chroma, opposed to the proper PC version.

(That was a joke)

EDIT:

My god, why are pc gamers so damn picky? I really see no difference here, still good enough for me to play so...

Yeah, how dare PC gamers report a bug. Why can't they just accept that's just the way it is. He totally doesn't look massively blurry and S#&$ compared to literally everything DE has showed of him (see Sanctuary notes page and launcher) where as others like Volt Prime look exactly the same. This guy.

Edited by MA347612890GT4078579132R

My god, why are pc gamers so damn picky? I really see no difference here, still good enough for me to play so...

you really see no difference in that emblem thing on loki's forehead and chroma's forehead? are you saying you literally see no difference? what if is still good enough for you to play? is your personal taste a recognized quality standard?

Also putting in here, Edo Prime has the white outline issue, much like the Immortal skins, and the Dex Dakra has low-res textures prominently visible on the lotus.

I suspect this may be something to do with how updates have been shipped lately. (Volt Prime's textures were probably in the game files before Chroma.)

Here is a tip. Have you tried to login when you have another Warframe out first? I mean switch to another Warframe and then logout > login. Switch back to Chroma and then check the textures.

I ran into same problem with my Vauban helmet:

vaubanhelm.jpg

Left is the bugged one and right is the working one. The blurry texture bug seems to happen to the first Warframe you have OUT when you login. Going into a battle etc will NOT fix it. I've only got it "fixed" by logging in with another frame and switching to the current one.

Also hoping for a fix ASAP.

EDIT: Also could we have this topic to be renamed as something more fitting like "Low res textures on Warframes" or "rendering problems with Warframe textures" etc. As this problem seems to affect all the frames, not just Chroma.

Edited by Judqment8

Here is a tip. Have you tried to login when you have another Warframe out first? I mean switch to another Warframe and then logout > login. Switch back to Chroma and then check the textures.

I ran into same problem with my Vauban helmet:

vaubanhelm.jpg

Left is the bugged one and right is the working one. The blurry texture bug seems to happen to the first Warframe you have OUT when you login. Going into a battle etc will NOT fix it. I've only got it "fixed" by logging in with another frame and switching to the current one.

Also hoping for a fix ASAP.

EDIT: Also could we have this topic to be renamed as something more fitting like "Low res textures on Warframes" or "rendering problems with Warframe textures" etc. As this problem seems to affect all the frames, not just Chroma.

I've tried re logging, and restarting the game, after switching frames and all that. The problems persists regardless

They said they fixed it in the latest patch, but it still looks the same as before, low res textures and all. 

i don't think is low textures though, i think it's related to anti-aliasing, because when you see Chroma from over it's head, i mean with the camera pointing down, his helmet's decoration looks neat, when you see it from the front it looks pixelated.

i don't think is low textures though, i think it's related to anti-aliasing, because when you see Chroma from over it's head, i mean with the camera pointing down, his helmet's decoration looks neat, when you see it from the front it looks pixelated.

You know, I did notice that, For the others, if you get the camera in close by shoving yourself in a corner, the other textures have a better resolution as well. I'm just wondering why it would only effect certain parts.

I thought the patch notes only said Volt Prime's low texture got updated. I saw no fix for this problem.

Yeah, but volt prime still has the same issue, and this topic has become a collection of the various low-res issues.

...On an unrelated note, what colour are you using for the gold patterns on your loki prime?

I am using the the column2 of the second row of black, the brightest white, the brightest white and a light yellow, with purple energy. All of these colors are from the classic saturated pack.