Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Cestra Needs A Buff Badly

HandsomeSorcerer

The cestras have too little ammo and a big relaod time.

Going by the sgammacor standards, tripple ammo reserves, mag size should be 120,

mag reload time needs reducing.

Damage could be increased by 5.

Also, nerf seekers/trolls ,you are not welcome here.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

All high fire rate weapons need some kind of buff. They are just too ammo inefficient, even with ammo mutator. One thing that could be done is change the ammo pickups to give more ammo for some weapons. And increase the ammo reserves.

I'm a big time Secura Cestra user... I'll admit that it could use a buff, but it doesn't need that much. Just a little touch up... maybe increase mag size (to 120 like it always should have been, considering single Cestra is 60) or reduce reload time, or better yet, less recoil.

I think it's wrong to use Synoid Gammacor as the "standard" for anything.

Those high fire-rate low damage per hit (sub 30 damage per bullet) weapons all could have some type of bonus (such a 2x-4x) for ammo pick-ups. That would make all of them dramatically more usable, more so than having a little extra starting ammo or damage increase.

Less recoil, less reload time and increased reserve, may sound like a lot but it's all utility.

My thoughts exactly. Damage-wise they're fine, but the recoil is a bit high considering they're already naturally inaccurate, and the reload is a bit long. Extra ammo in the reserves wouldn't hurt either.

Biggest buff they need imo is the ability to use the Shock Camo skin.

So I could actually justify using them over my regular Cestras.

Also a note to all ya'll, lv1-35 ish range content is perfectly doable with the regular ones if you don't suck at modding, and radi build on them due to their high puncture makes them actually fairly decent against Grineer. Just make sure you run the recoil reduction mod, and pretty much NEVER do a long-burn unless it's into that room on vs Grineer invasions that has a billion dudes in it.

CoroCold on them also functions decently in non-endless T1-3 void and Derelicts, though I've personally returned to using my Gremlins on everything again.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Mine never run out of ammo and murder everything. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202273-make-your-an-cestras-proud-secura-update/

Please explain the situations you're having problems with in detail.

They are still bad compared to the other syndi weaps. Can't take those reliably to long endless missions.

The very nature of the weapon makes you miss far too many shots, which doesn't happen with the others. Too many drawbacks other than insane fire rate, that actually works against it, for the damage it does, it's the same supra scenario, and i have a 7 forma supra, it's my baby, but it needs an utility buff, badly, or damage to make up for the lots of missed shots.

They are still bad compared to the other syndi weaps. Can't take those reliably to long endless missions.

Bizarro kinda sucks compared to Superman, but he can still crack a planet in half lol. I'm fine with them.

Still not sure what specific situations youre having problems with, but remember they're mob weapons, not for single targets.

Please explain the situations you're having problems with in detail.

Well Dark Tails at around 35 min/wave in T4 a corrupted bombard takes more than a Secura magazine to kill, sitting around catching his rockets with my teeth for 3,5 seconds while I reload isnt particularly fun so I want the reload shortened.

Honestly, VikingoX, that's more a problem with the scaling armor system they didn't remove in Damage 2.0 (though they did a damn good job of removing the player's ability to counter it in solo).

On an unrelated note...

God dammit they added bombards to Corrupted?

There goes like half the content you could get by with a single build in. Heh, bonus points, that was the tile set most supportive of snipers, too. Lanka buffs @(*()$ when.

MagnaTox vs Corpus, CoroCold vs Infested....

Well, really, damage vs both of those, they don't have scaling armor to tell you to F*** off.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Bizarro kinda sucks compared to Superman, but he can still crack a planet in half lol. I'm fine with them.

Still not sure what specific situations youre having problems with, but remember they're mob weapons, not for single targets.

I said, long, well, not even that long, endless missions, wave 30, 30 min in T4S, you name it. You find yourself wasting too many bullets to take a single enemy.

Plus, you say it's a mob weapon, but to be a mob weapon you need punch through, otherwise even the precise soma will be a better mob weapon, since metal auger/ shred is staple on rifles for endless missions.

With that in mind you need 2 utility slots, primed ammo mut and seeker, 1 for bore, 2 for elementals and the 3 staples, that'd be more than enough on weapons with not as much drawbacks, with high status or high crit chance, but that's not the case of dual cestras. You are just building its damage and means for it to last, and nothing that will give you an edge against high lv content (crit, status or insanely high dmg à la boltor prime).

I don't have those problems. Check the Secura build in the link I posted.

If you still can't use them effectively after following the pointers, then they're just not for you, nothing wrong with that.

I guess 3 forma is borderline crappy to get the weapon to be "good". I wouldn't mind a slight damage buff so I can slot the mod that increases flight speed.

I don't have those problems. Check the Secura build in the link I posted.

If you still can't use them effectively after following the pointers, then they're just not for you, nothing wrong with that.

I guess 3 forma is borderline crappy to get the weapon to be "good". I wouldn't mind a slight damage buff so I can slot the mod that increases flight speed.

I did, my build is the exact same, 3 forma'd as well, I just use normal ammo mut since primed hasn't reached us yet (see what i did there? lel unintentional), i still find myself wasting too many bullets against high lv mob. I'd rather use synoid, which has the actual damage AND status to allow 2 of its slots to be replaced with utility.

But since you brought travel time up, why not then increase bullet travel time. It's one of the reasons you miss precious shots with this weap.

You know what I want?

I want the Dual Cestra to actually aim at my reticule, not half an inch to the right of it, or more if the target is far away.

Beyond that, a tiny reduction in recoil, higher max ammo, and slightly better reload time would probably be about all it needs to be just right.