Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blade And Gun Challenge: Crossfire Stealth

DE_Adam

Season Two of Blade and Gun Challenge has officially begun!  We're starting things off this week with a dive into Crossfire Missions.  Show us why Tenno stealth should be feared even when battling another enemy and earn some unique prizes and a chance to participate in the Blade and Gun Champion Challenge.

Click here for more information on this week's Challenge, and good luck to all participating Tenno!

-DE_Adam

Here are my submissions.

Loadout:

KNAazMP.jpg 

Submission pictures:

QYtJBmU.jpg

7LQCUT4.jpg 

Side note:

Its dang near impossible to get an actual stealth kill, I tried for about an hour to get one ( Without a stealth companion ) and I always got spotted somehow therefore cancelling my stealth kill, So I equipped a fully ranked parry mod on my melee weapon and snuck up on a few enemies that where at the back of a confrontation, Then I was able to parry a few of them and quickly get behind them to do the finisher without alerting the ones still fighting, So I hope this counts but if It doesn't it was fun doing finishers anyway :D

Is this even possible? When they're actively seeking out and attacking each other aren't they permanently on alert?
Edit: "All submissions must be included in a single post in the Blade and Gun Challenge: Unsteady Allies forum thread."
Caught that in the announcement, I hope we don't actually have to send entries to one of the old threads.

Edited by Meanwhile

Is this even possible? When they're actively seeking out and attacking each other aren't they permanently on alert?

Edit: "All submissions must be included in a single post in the Blade and Gun Challenge: Unsteady Allies forum thread."

Caught that in the announcement, I hope we don't actually have to send entries to one of the old threads.

~I have tryed to do this for like an hour now w/ nothing but frustation and failure. I finally get a couple of unalerted grineer all by their lonesum, sneak up behind them and long and behold there isnt even an option for a stealth melle kill. Sooo i took my loki into the mission to double check this again and yet again, no option for stealth melle kill. All in all with the game mechanics for the crossfire I say its immpossible, But if your running an invasion mission it is possible. :U

Edited by Okamikami

Loadout

f2ts0Ka.jpg

Submission

XdZCnk2.jpgC4LNjxo.jpg

PS. I hope you all can see the grineer in the first pic of the submission part. And I hope this's counted because that stick holding corpus was trying to kill that poor grineer while I sneaking up and kill that corpus. At least for that poor grineer's sacrifice. ;_____;)/

This is incredibly difficult, and the one time I managed a stealth kill, I forgot to take a screenshot for proof.

I have to say well played by DE for making this.

You pretty much have to rely on a large group of your allies being on the opposite side of the room you are entering, AND for every enemy faction member to be looking that way.

Loadout

0mrmkqL.jpg

Submission

TohJxY5.jpg

I do not know if this one counts with the Lancer somehow being turned around but that face after the sheev'ing is priceless so I'll post it anyway. Will try again. Really difficult to do with every enemy on alert even after hacking alarms, sneaking up to them and the stealth finisher not appearing. Good luck to everyone.

(。・∀・)ノ゛

Nope, this isn't possible. The mechanics don't allow it, you can't perform a stealth finisher on alert enemies.

~I have tryed to do this for like an hour now w/ nothing but frustation and failure. I finally get a couple of unalerted grineer all by their lonesum, sneak up behind them and long and behold there isnt even an option for a stealth melle kill. Sooo i took my loki into the mission to double check this again and yet again, no option for stealth melle kill. All in all with the game mechanics for the crossfire I say its immpossible, But if your running an invasion mission it is possible. :U

For me the option appears when the enemy is "relaxed", but when they are in "battle stance" it doesn't, even if they are not aware of me.

edit: this just happened: a bunch of grineer were shooting at some corpus. I approached them and all of them immediately turned around and started shooting at me instead. Earlier in the same mission one Scorpion even appeared to be actively seeking me, as she came running from a room I've never been in that had a closed door and started fighting me.

Edited by Kethus

Nope, this isn't possible. The mechanics don't allow it, you can't perform a stealth finisher on alert enemies.

For me the option appears when the enemy is "relaxed", but when they are in "battle stance" it doesn't, even if they are not aware of me.

edit: this just happened: a bunch of grineer were shooting at some corpus. I approached them and all of them immediately turned around and started shooting at me instead. Earlier in the same mission one Scorpion even appeared to be actively seeking me, as she came running from a room I've never been in that had a closed door and started fighting me.

this is correct, not possible untill ai behavious would not get fixed

After attempting this again, I have some thoughts. If there were more levels of alertness/alarms on crossfire maps this would be a lot easier to pull off. Enemies should actively be seeking the other faction because that's what the mission type is obviously but not actively seeking out tenno until we get caught and then only by the faction that has noticed our presence and activated alarms.  

Had corpus run straight to spawn to attack me after I hacked the almost instant lockdown and alarms after spawning and hiding back a ways and have also been behind a lone lancer that was unaware but had no option for a stealth kill since he was alert. So maybe have a faction alarm already going on when you spawn in so that both enemies are engaging each other but are unaware and not seeking out tenno presence so we can do stealth and stealth kills since they are not alerted of our arrival (maybe have the map already in a lockdown state too since it almost does it immediately after start at least for me)

Maybe add another alarm for tenno presence if we were to get caught and the corresponding faction activates the alarms on their side of the map. Definitely needs some fixes/changes though. Tried for an hour after my first post and got nowhere.

Here are my bad attempts but submissions >:3 And my bad if they dont look well. I only have a snipping tool for this :c 

Place:  Mars, Ultor.

My loadout was pretty simple. I wanted more Mobility for stealth but without counting on actual warframe abilities, so zephyr it is. As for the weapon of choice, a really close weapon just to humiliate the enemy xD

10697429_836417706432536_246141104522970

As for my submission picture I choose this one specially:

10993119_836417703099203_667775749165939

I have some extra pictures if ya want them though. Many really bad attempts to eliminate the corpus during the crossfire. It was a horrible count and it almost took me a whole day xD

Extra Pictures:

Spoiler 1:

10257779_836417699765870_510172820134248

While fighting in the crossfight. Could of killed him in a stealth while he was shooting but I took too long setting up for the picture and he died during the process :c   R.I.P. Corpus Unit.

Spoiler 2:

11016113_836417713099202_373865810588489

Was tempted pretty bad here. Didnt knew which of both to take during that crossfight. The one on the floor ended up dying too soon as the corpus paid em a visit, meanwhile I was behind these two not knowing which of em to pick as my victim xD. 

But yeah. Enjoy em all yall >:D and happy hunting.

Edited by LivingWeapon

After attempting this again, I have some thoughts. If there were more levels of alertness/alarms on crossfire maps this would be a lot easier to pull off. Enemies should actively be seeking the other faction because that's what the mission type is obviously but not actively seeking out tenno until we get caught and then only by the faction that has noticed our presence and activated alarms.  

Had corpus run straight to spawn to attack me after I hacked the almost instant lockdown and alarms after spawning and hiding back a ways and have also been behind a lone lancer that was unaware but had no option for a stealth kill since he was alert. So maybe have a faction alarm already going on when you spawn in so that both enemies are engaging each other but are unaware and not seeking out tenno presence so we can do stealth and stealth kills since they are not alerted of our arrival (maybe have the map already in a lockdown state too since it almost does it immediately after start at least for me)

Maybe add another alarm for tenno presence if we were to get caught and the corresponding faction activates the alarms on their side of the map. Definitely needs some fixes/changes though. Tried for an hour after my first post and got nowhere.

Yup, people are starting to see what can be improved for Stealth. I like where this is going...

took far too many attempts but i finally got two shots i was satisfied with....but im not super confident in my chances. i dont know if its allowed but later on in the week i may try to get some better shots and replace the two i put in.

Loadout:

AH5xk1U.jpg

Sumbmission shots:

urmjc92.jpg

8s18YXP.jpg

I realize both are very similar shots but its all i could get to get clear fighting among the enemies

Edited by Caobie

Season Two of Blade and Gun Challenge has officially begun!  We're starting things off this week with a dive into Crossfire Missions.  Show us why Tenno stealth should be feared even when battling another enemy and earn some unique prizes and a chance to participate in the Blade and Gun Champion Challenge.

Click here for more information on this week's Challenge, and good luck to all participating Tenno!

-DE_Adam

tis challenge is oni in the cross fire mode?