Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis "active Reload" Feature Is Back

MotherofHermes

Back? When did it leave?

Do you mean skipping that short delay between firing and reloading? I'm pretty sure that was probably unintended, but to me it feels like a part of the weapon. It's part of the charm. It makes it fun to use, y'know?

If it's a bug, I hope to hell they don't fix it.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

One of the devs explicitly stated in a sniper thread that the firing delay can be manually bypassed. Pretty sure that is part of DE's intended behavior of the weapon, even if (perhaps) it wasn't originally intended. Yes, I do enjoy this weapon, and eagerly wait for the time when I can acquire my own Primed Chamber. Need to stick some more forma into it in the meantime.

Even though it's a one round mag, Vectis still calculates firing rate.

After you fire, the game waits until the refire delay is up before automatically reloading.

If you're doing a straight damage build, maybe even with Shred because it's cheaper than Metal Auger, it feels nice and snappy. If you go from that to a crit build using Critical Delay it can be a very noticeable increase in the delay before the automatic reload starts, which makes you start to think about doing it manually again.

Well, to be fair the Vectis is maybe one of the sniper rifles that doesn't really need a buff. It's already a very nice weapon.

Also, being a Tenno weapon it will probably get primed in the future.

Snipers have a problem not in the fact that they're not powerful enough, but in the fact that in this game sniping is a very poor choice and is very poorly supported by the actual gameplay.

Giving snipers innate punch through would make them more intresting to be honest.

You're not actually skipping the reload animation, you're skipping the fire delay.

Every time you fire a weapon, the rate of fire cues a delay before you're allowed to shoot again. The game will automatically check if you have shots remaining in your clip once you are allowed to fire again, and if you're dry, it'll trigger an automatic reload.

If you trigger the reload manually, you can bypass this rof delay because you're not trying to fire, you're trying to reload, which is not an action the rof restricts.

If you ever want to verify this, run Speed Trigger + Shred on the Vectis and check out the auto reload time, then run Critical Delay on the Vectis and check out the auto reload time. I've never actually bothered to test this theory, but it makes too much sense to not be true given how the auto-reload seems to work on other weapons in comparison to the Vectis.

As for other stuff, don't think this ever went away, since I'm fairly sure that's what's happening, which means how this works is pretty integral to how the game itself functions. If it did, woo it's back *finger twirl*.

Well, to be fair the Vectis is maybe one of the sniper rifles that doesn't really need a buff. It's already a very nice weapon.

Also, being a Tenno weapon it will probably get primed in the future.

Snipers have a problem not in the fact that they're not powerful enough, but in the fact that in this game sniping is a very poor choice and is very poorly supported by the actual gameplay.

Giving snipers innate punch through would make them more intresting to be honest.

No, the problem is not that their paradigm is a bad match, because the bows are quite functional too.

Their problem is that they're f***in' slot machines. No guaranteed crits, and you almost always kill only on crit at higher levels (meaning the RNG decided you could have missed when you don't crit, and everything would have been the same).

They're inconsistant, that's their problem. Has been since Damage 2.0 came out and they lost their "armor bypassing means viable" status.

More fully:

Damage Consistency-
One of the primary draws to marksman weapons is their skill-oriented nature- you aren't dependant on minimizing the effect of RNG on your shots in order to get damage onto a target, merely your own aim. Sniper weapons take this to the extreme, leaning towards oneshotting all but the heaviest of foes upon striking a weak point.

Unfortunately, Warframe sniper rifles are slot machines. In a no-penalty maximized crit build (Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Hammer Shot) on a 25/2 (chance/damage) weapon (Lanka, Snipetron Vandal, Vectis), you have a 62.5% chance of a 5.6x damage shot, with a second roll 90% of the time. Couple this with a headshot's innate 2x, and a headshot's additional 2x on crit, we get 44.8x as our maximum possible damage dealt on any one target.

From this, we get the following damage chart (percentage have been rounded to two decimal places):
- 3.75% chance of dealing 4.46% of max (x2 of base)
- 12.66% chance of dealing 8.93% of max (x4 of base)
- 6.25% chance of dealing 50% of max (x22.4 of base)
- 42.19% chance of dealing 54.46% of max (x23.4 of base)
- 35.16% chance of dealing 100% of max (x44.8 of base)

As you can see, there's a little under a 16.41% chance that a given 25/2 weapon will do under 10% of its maximum damage on headshot. This results in an issue very prevalent in later waves of Survival and Defense: You will all but never kill without critting. This is because, assuming you were dealing 10% of your maximum, it takes 5 shots to deal 50%, and falling on the <10% range for 5 shots in a row is a 0.01189% chance (or one set of 5 in roughly 42,066 shots).

For weapons with a high rate of fire, 25/2 is an amazingly good crit stat. However, when you're measuring the rounds you fire in nearly full seconds (1.5 for Lanka, 0.9 for Vectis with cancel reloads), that 16.41% chance of having may as well missed pretty much kills them.

EDIT: I don't mean to bypass the swear filter, I just do. Apparently it's not tuned to catch accented speach at all lol

Edited by TheBlueJelly