Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Increasing In Power When Leveled. Like Warframes.

-FV-Wsocks

Back in the day, a Rank 25 With the same build as a Rank 30 was just a difference of five. No damage was different, the range was the same, and so was duration. Then, with the removal of Warframe ability mods, Warframes' powers were changed to increase with each acquired level. Could the same not be done for weapons?

There was talk of removing the need for certain staple mods. Damage mods like Serration or Hornet strike. I'm not saying that this is the perfect idea but rather that past successes can possibly give insight into future opportunities.

Think about it. 

EDIT:

The gun doesn't actually get better by having been used but rather it becomes more deadly as you gain skill with it.

(If you felt that the idea was too illogical)

Edited by -FV-Wsocks

Imagine a 10 forma weapon though. They are already balancing as is, it would be even more intense to try to balance this for no powercreep. (Plus, do you want a sniper to do as much damage as a braton at level 0?)

We only have 8 slots...why would you try to forma something 10 times when you only have 8 slots?

Edited by AlphaHorseman

Many people have asked for this. Myself included. Build serration/ hornet strike/ pressure point/ point blank into our weapons. This frees up a mod space without sacrificing damage output.

A rifle would do base damage at unranked and 165% more damage at rank 30.

Scott was considering it a one point but nothing has been brought up again for a while

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

Using logic a gun will remain the same no matter what unless you change the parts for it. We are given the gun and the attachments are mods. Increasing power without changing parts on a gun just does not make sense.

Leveling up anything is not logical in almost any game. You kill a few enemies a suddenly you have more health capacity and power? I would think you would have less from being tired from using all your powers.

This is a game, lighten up.

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

Leveling up anything is not logical in almost any game. You kill a few enemies a suddenly you have more health capacity and power? I would think you would have less from being tired from using all your powers.

This is a game, lighten up.

I apologize that was just my way of saying I disagree. I should have elaborated more. If they feel need to remove serration then they should re-balance the levels. But even if they remove serration then people will just slot another element mod for more damage.

The reason they want to slot more damage is because the only thing we have to do after playing the game for so long is endless missions. Whats wrong with endless missions? Infinite level scaling. Because of infinite level scaling we feel we need more and more damage to get farther and farther. 

The real solution is DE needs to define how strong we are suppose to be. Also remove infinite level scaling and determine what we are suppose to be fighting and cap it there.  

About removing serration and make weapons dmg increase with level... I agree. Why? Take a look at Baro. He brings new 10-level elemental mods. Bringing out full potential of raw dmg rifle will require 7 polarized slots, with crit-based weapons we'll need to have 8. This will basically make us unable to switch builds. I know that some of you may say "then don't use these mods" or something similar, but if we get the tools, we should be able to use it freely.

You can remove Serration and blah blah.

The min-maxers will love it even more, because they can more mods that deal moar damage.

For example, 

You got

Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Shred, Bane, 3x Elemental.

Freeing Serration means they will throw another damage modifier.

From stuff as silly as wildfire to a dual stat elemental mod.

What we get ? Moar damage.

Edited by fatpig84

+9999 OP

remove/rework the core base dmg mods (serration/hornet/pressure/PB/etc)

all weapons should gain +5% dmg per rank, totalling at +150% at rank 30

the now liberated 1 extra slot can be used to further enable more build variety (the current issues of different values on base dmg mods for melee/rifle/sidearm/etc could be addressed thru other specific dmg type mods on those weapons or by adjusting the values for the weapons themselves)

there are a few other alternative solutions, but i prefer the most direct one i listed above

on a related note, multishot mods need a functional downside so that they are not also 'mandatory', they need to be more like corrupted mods, where there should be a choice/tradeoff in using them, otherwise multishot is just the new serration