Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sancti Castanas Need A Fix

blAcE_

As you all know the Castanas usually can throw out 6 charges. However, once I put in Barel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent, I can only throw like 2 or 3 charges out then it prevent me from throwing more. This is like saying if I want more multishot, I won't able to throw more charge out.

Castanas only have 2 charge per magazine and only 30 ammo capacity. Each time you throw out 2 charges, you have to reload. By having more damage i have to sacrifice the amount of charge I can have. I find it really unfair. Its not like Castanas can deal crazy amount of damage. We only deal damage when we stack up the charges together.

For some people they usually just throw it out and trigger the explosion right away. So this might not be a big deal, but we only have 30 ammo capacity and we also have slow travel time. Not only that, we have to reload after we throw 2 out. So for me, I usually plan it out by throwing the charge to the ground first and wait for them walk over it and trigger it or throw the charges at enemies then wait for them to group together then i trigger the explosion to get them all kill at once. Even if they don't die, they still get eletricity. Or I throw it at my buddy and then make him tank by charging in a bunch of enemies >.>

I also throw it in the loki decoy and disarm them to make them surround the decoy and get them all kill.

Its pretty fun to play with Castanas. But making the charges less just cuz we deal more damage from multishot. It really kill the fun away.

I hope DE actually fix this.

Edited by blAcE_

This is the same situation that the Penta has - you can only throw one out if you have less than five out. Multishot makes you throw out multiple, so you can only throw 2-3. You still get 5-7 on the ground (if you have four out and throw a triple you end up with seven).

Edited by egregiousRac

You're throwing multiple castanas at once... it makes sense.

If you're just grouping them all up in the same spot the Multishot is helping, not harming you. You're placing the same amount explosives down (potentially more) in the area in a shorter amount of time and using less ammo.

Edited by AXCrusnik

This is the same situation that the Penta has - you can only throw one out if you have less than five out. Multishot makes you throw out multiple, so you can only throw 2-3. You still get 5-7 on the ground (if you have four out and throw a triple you end up with seven).

Ah i see...

I guess multishot on them is pretty useless. Cuz I rather manually put the charges i want instead 1 charge = 2 charges together. But the damage also increase thank to the multiple shot. So by removing the multiple shot I will get more less damage.

I usually thought the multiple shot is like 1 bullet split into 2 bullets. But now I can see the affect on the charge is totally different. Its like merging 2 in 1. Instead of 1 charge have a chance to deal amount of damage = 2 charge.

This multishot is really confusing

Edited by blAcE_