Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Weapons Like Dex Furis Need Better Ammo Economy?

izzatuw

I really love this gun but the major drawback to it is its low ammo economy alongside Akzani/Afuris. The problem is how I was doing a Seimini Ceres defense and in 2 waves or less you can end up eating all the ammo without realizing it. But than we look at weapons like Vaykor/Marelok Vasto etc and you can go full 5 waves with them and you wouldn't even need to move from your area to grab ammo. Some builds WANT Ammo mutation mod, some builds NEED it. My solution is to buff the ammo for all weapons like Dex Furis and make the ammo drops 30-50 instead of 10-20 for those weapons.

Unfortunately the ammo mutations were added as a band aid mod, rather than DE dealing with the issue of ammo efficiency with weapons like this.  The amount of ammo picked up really should depend on the weapon I guess caliber is a good way to say it.  I'd honestly like to see ammo mutations removed from the game and the ammo system adjusted. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

The ammo pool isn't the issue, it's how low the ammo drops are in comparison to how many bullets the guns burn through. Increasing the max ammo pool on the older bullet hoses would only add about 10-30 seconds to their usability before they ran out and became unusable. It'd be better for the weapons to have something like receiving 100% more ammo from all sources instead.