Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Mod Idea

Tyson127

This would kinda ruin the whole meta of what element combos work best against a faction, if we can just slap any elemental combos on. Maybe not Corpus, because it pretty much Magnetic and Poison only, but for Grineer and Void, Corrosive and Radiation are two leading combos. Either deal higher damage to Ferrite or Alloy. If we could use both Corrosive and Radiation, I dunno, there's just not as big of a handicap I guess, it just seems odd.

I mean, it would be nice if i could run Corrosive, Radiation and Viral, and just shred Grineers, but I dunno, that might be a bit overboard. It would probably encourage the use of less popular combos though, like Blast and Gas.

This would kinda ruin the whole meta of what element combos work best against a faction, if we can just slap any elemental combos on. Maybe not Corpus, because it pretty much Magnetic and Poison only, but for Grineer and Void, Corrosive and Radiation are two leading combos. Either deal higher damage to Ferrite or Alloy. If we could use both Corrosive and Radiation, I dunno, there's just not as big of a handicap I guess, it just seems odd.

I mean, it would be nice if i could run Corrosive, Radiation and Viral, and just shred Grineers, but I dunno, that might be a bit overboard. It would probably encourage the use of less popular combos though, like Blast and Gas.

Tysis can do Radiation, Viral, and Corrosive.

GG no re.

What if the mods would only work if the combo element was already present on the weapon, adding some extra damage to that combo only, as well as a status effect, to make up for the fact that you'd gain more damage from simply adding a second component element mod to the mix if available.

So, something like:

Each mod having 3 ranks total:

Blast: +15% Blast Damage, +chance to disarm affected targets for 1/2/3 seconds
Corrosive: +15% Corrosive Damage, +chance to blind AoE for 1/2/3 seconds
Gas: +15% Gas Damage, +chance to stagger affected targets for 1/2/3 seconds
Magnetic: +15% Magnetic Damage, +chance to slowdown AoE for 1/2/3 seconds
Radiation: +15% Radiation Damage, +chance to weaken AoE for 1/2/3 seconds
Viral: +15% Viral Damage, +chance to bleed AoE for 1/2/3 seconds

(For combos that already have a disabling proc, such as Blast and Radiation, the additional status effect would first trigger after the initial one)

Which, at max rank, leaves the combo elements with an improved damage, and added status effect. To compensate the infringement on the progenitor elements of the effect, they'll only be half the strength of the original element that utilized that effect (i.e. 3 seconds instead of 6, in most cases).

Ultimately, it'd allow you to specialize in a single element to a greater extent, and diversify your weapon in other directions than primarily damage types.

Edited by Santiak

What if the mods would only work if the combo element was already present on the weapon, adding some extra damage to that combo only, as well as a status effect, to make up for the fact that you'd gain more damage from simply adding a second component element mod to the mix if available.

So, something like:

Each mod having 3 ranks total:

Blast: +15% Blast Damage, +chance to disarm affected targets for 1/2/3 seconds

Corrosive: +15% Corrosive Damage, +chance to blind AoE for 1/2/3 seconds

Gas: +15% Gas Damage, +chance to stagger affected targets for 1/2/3 seconds

Magnetic: +15% Magnetic Damage, +chance to slowdown AoE for 1/2/3 seconds

Radiation: +15% Radiation Damage, +chance to weaken AoE for 1/2/3 seconds

Viral: +15% Viral Damage, +chance to bleed AoE for 1/2/3 seconds

(For combos that already have a disabling proc, such as Blast and Radiation, the additional status effect would first trigger after the initial one)

Which, at max rank, leaves the combo elements with an improved damage, and added status effect. To compensate the infringement on the progenitor elements of the effect, they'll only be half the strength of the original element that utilized that effect (i.e. 3 seconds instead of 6, in most cases).

Ultimately, it'd allow you to specialize in a single element to a greater extent, and diversify your weapon in other directions than primarily damage types.

ya it can specialize single element to greater extend